Sun City Hotel Reviews

42 Allenby St, Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel

We loved the staff, location, and the rooms. We ran the Tel Aviv Marathon and this was in a perfect location to see the city and start the race. It is near everything in Tel Aviv. There is a wonderful little kitchen and dining area where we ate our own food that we brought with us. It was a bit noisy on the streets, but that is just part of being right in the center of a large city. I will stay there again when I return to Tel Aviv.

Very well located and clean standard hotel. I didn't feel as though there was any communal space or attempt at hostel atmosphere. It is above a night club so my roomn could hear 80' music all night. Liked the staff. Really liked the area and the cafes around.

Many of the rooms are VERY noisy - leading to the main street (buses, honking cars) and above the club entrance. Also rooms on 2nd and 1st floor are very noisy during night due to the club underground the hostel. Towels changed daily. Bed done daily, unfortunately each time we found ashes (from cigarette?) on our clean sheets. Only one hair dryer available for the whole hostel... Located very close to the beach and close to the main walking boulevards. Nice breakfast in a nearby coffee.

The rooms were very loud. The isolation is basically not existing and the street is very loud. Please make sure you do not have a room on the street side, otherwise it will be very difficult to get some sleep. Location is great. Free bicycle rent is also very nice. I can recommend a trip along the coast line to the north of Tel Aviv.

I enjoyed the night I spent in the hotel, the location is great and it's quiet. When I arrived they did want to charge me a higher price however after showing them the reservation the mistake was cleared up, so make sure you bring your reservation with you.

• 26th Mar 2012
  • Israel

Windows facing the club could probably seal just a bit better, to keep the sound out at night, but other than that I really enjoyed staying here. Having the two bikes for rent was especially valuable.

• 18th Jan 2012

I felt well taken care of by all staff, highly recommend!

• 26th Nov 2011

good price for a very good location (close to the city, close to the beach). a bit noisy at night but that's why it is so cheap in this location. breakfast a bit poor..

Great location - near everything. Close to beach, places to go, transportation, etc.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Was clean, safe, quiet, and had free breakfast. Very good value. Would stay here again.

• 19th Jun 2011

When I arrived at 4 a.m. I was told they had overbooked and had no room for me. I was sent to another hostel that did not have my credit card on file, was a poor location, and arrived there at 5 a.m. I had paid for that night hoping to get a few hours sleep. The staff at the second hostel was very rude, but eventually allowed me to return to Sun City Hotel the second night which was the location I needed.

• 12th Jun 2011

Tiny rooms, when you take a single room. If your room goes to allenby street, then you can hear whole tel aviv day and night.

Nice hotel, so close to the beach and to Tel Aviv's center (5 min walking distance to Carmel market, Sheinkin Street, "white city" and many more). Staff was really nice and helpful.

A good choice. Nice price and quality!!!!!

On weekends, the music of the bar next to the hotel is too loud to sleep. The rooms are a bit small, but clean. The staff is very friendly though.

Very nice room, plenty of hot water, good breakfast, would recommend to others.

Hotel in a somewhat grimey part of town and right above a dance club so you hear the bass the entire night. If you are staying on weekday's it fine, just don't stay on Thurs, Fri, or Sat night.

The proximity to local bars & clubs made it very difficult to sleep, with the music so loud the room shook and you felt you were in the bar not your room. The Friday evening this went on to nearly 7am, which was far from fun. For that reason alone I could not recommend this hotel despite the other positives.

Very nice place and very close to the shopping and drinking places. Also it was very close to the beach, 8 minutes walking

really cheap, comfortable beds and could not be in a better location. i feel like i got more than what i paid for.