Sun Home Stay Reviews

Lor 4 Jalan Yahya Awal, Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Feels like at the end of the world, not even the taxi driver knew where to go. Hostel is nothing special. Fine for staying just overnight but not more Dorm means 4 mattresses on the floor. Very loud in the morning because there are no real windows

Nobody answered the door!and my phone isnt functional. so i didnt stay there anyway.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • China

I stayed here just one night before catching the morning train. It is a very simple traditional style home stay that reminded me of earlier visits to Asia. I did get confused by the directions trying to find it on foot,

Thank you John and Roger, I had a wonderful few days in Malaysia and was very happy at the hostel.It was so good I intend to come back soon.Cheers, Robert Carter.

A very basic and messy house. Taking the single room for a few Ringgit extra was a mistake. Its a like a prison cell with just a bed inside and the small fan was not fixed properly, so that the room was very hot. The owner tries to fix all matters by himself, also in the bathroom, but these are mostly very basic solutions. There are some malay food stalls around the house, but nothing much to do around there. Sitting outside in the common area is no fun, too hot and all very messy.

good homestay experience in a quiet location within walking distance to town. few places to eat local food around however you need to walk for 20-30 min to town in a sun. staff are really helpful and always try to make us more comfortable to stay. the bathrooms are clean enough but kitchen does'nt look so nice but its okay. the bed and its sheets were not really good looking but it was alright to sleep. I would come back again.

Roger was great. Just those frogs in the garden were killing me during the night..

View all Johor Bahru Bed and Breakfasts