Sun & Moon Hostel Reviews

C/ Ferran 17, Barcelona, Spain

I went there with very little expectations because I've read some pretty bad reviews.But I was positivly surprised.The location is just perfect, you get everywhere so easily and you're right in the center.The staff is very nice and gave us tips about what to see,where to eat etc. The hostel is very clean,not so clean were our rooms,but that's because we had nasty roommates.A minus point: the showers, there is next to no water coming out. Loved the free breakfast and dinner! I would come back!!

This hostel was disgusting. We spent 4 days here and couldn't sleep in the room- it was putrid, hot & we were put in a very tiny, badly ventilated room with a family of 6 which was awkward for all. The shower flooded the bathroom & smelt of mould. It was incredibly noisy outside which wouldn't have been so bad (considering the location) if this hostel was actually reasonable enough to sleep in. Poor service from staff, only the cleaners & bartender were friendly and helpful.

Dear Belinda We are very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay in Barcelona. Actually, we are very shocked about the experience you had. The hostel accommodates all type of ages but if you felt uncomfortable you just had to tell us, we would have changed rooms. Our cleaning service is available 24x7 for any problem.

the location of this hostel is perfect, beside this it is not really great at all. the rooms are really really small, the matress was disgusting. the free breakfast is very simple but okay it's free, the free dinner was nice but not in the hostel and you had to buy a drink to get it for free. there's not really a kitchen and to common room is not nice , no atmosphere at all. they also charge 2 or more euros for almost everything like sheets or towels or luggage storage.

Dear Leonie. The price for 25 euros offers a bed, with free breakfast: buffet on drinks, bread, jam, butter, nutella, yoghurt, croissants... dinner offers one big plate of food which could be pizza, pasta, chilli con carne..etc. the drink costs only 2 Euros.. Besides the information about the extra charges are already stated on the site. The cleaning room is available 24x7- if you had told us we could have cleaned the room and change the mattress.

Amazing location and good people staying there. Shame they charge 2€ for blankets and deliberately make the rooms cold with the AC.

I was happy with this hostel. The location is perfect, service is pretty good. There are many facilities, though you pay one or two Euros for pretty much everything on top of the nightly rate. For example, you have to pay two Euros to get an extra bed sheet to cover yourself with. My biggest gripe with this hostel is that there is no place to just sit quietly and comfortably, there is a lobby of sorts but it's completely walled so every sound kind of echoes around. But unpleasant.

The girl with glasses at reception is the best! She gave me amazing suggestions. This hostel is located right off las rambas so it's easy to get to every attraction you want to get it. If walking isn't for you, there's a metro a minute away. The room gives you a locker that I found to be very spacious and safe. Wish there were more social events though and a better way to meet people in the hostel!

The "Kitchen" is best to be avoided..only 3 forks and a spoon. No stove and an old dirty fridge. Not even a kettle. Also the dorms are very small and you need to leave a deposit for EVERYTHING! On the day we arrived, we had no idea where to sleep because we were 9 people in an 8 bed dorm. And we weren't able to find out who or what was wrong because sun and moon don't assign beds. For the price we ended up paying I really can't recommend it to anyone.

A lot of hidden fees.

• 30th Jun 2015

Can't beat the location. Do make sure you read into what they offer complimentary and what they charge for. This hostel, like the city of Barcelona, can nickel and dime you for certain services you might expect to come for free.

Very nice hostel! Personal is very friendly and really very helpful! :) The lobby area is very nice and they have small kitchen where you can make something for eat :))) In the rooms is bathroom so it is really very comfortable and you don't need to go to take the shower in other room :) The place in in the center so it is very convenient :)

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

I wasnt very pleased with this hostel... Some of the employees weren't too friendly and I had to pay extra 2 € for a sheet to cover up. They claim to be cleaning everyday, but the floors remained pretty dirty over the three days I was there. Also the lock to our room was broken and didn't get properly get repaired, the lock to the bathroom was broke and no attempt to fix it has been made. In addition to that it was quite irritating that a group of 8 year olds and a 70 yr old were rooming with us

1. Gross moldy showers you have to press button to get water every 3 seconds (no exaggeration). It also gets awkward when every noise from the washroom is heard in your shared bedroom. 2. Always in dark in hallways as sensors don't pick up movement often 3. No sheets on bed unless you pay. Blazing hot in the room so I guess that's why it's not needed 4. Unaccommodating owners wouldn't entertain idea on accepting possible walk-in booking to cover accidental double bed booking.

Great location for the price and the breakfast was a nice touch.

Thanksl! We hope to see you again soon! Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

There is really nice to stay there because they have really good location which is heart of Barcelona but little bit far away to clubs therefore it's not a reason.

Thank you so much for your review!! We hope to see you again soon :) Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

it was not clean .. atmosphere was not good not bad . But breakfast was good for hostels menü :) . I am not satisfy to stay there

Dirty bed upon arrival, asked reception for new sheets and it seemed out of their control and far too much effort to also get a new pillow case. Asked reception for a bath mat 3 times throughout our stay as nothing was provided to stop shower flooding the bathroom... Still waiting on the bath mat. Bunk beds are perfect if you are aged 5-8. As a youth hostel we assumed age would have been of concern to staff as we were surprised to have an elderly gentlemen in our room who was less than pleasant.

• 12th Jun 2015

Dear. The comment that you made is very untrue. We changed the sheets upon your arrival as we thought that probably someone who already stayed in the room used your beds. On the other hand, we cleaned the room twice because your group was the only one who was really flooding the bathroom - the rest of the group was very clean. This hostel welcomes everyone who respects the rules of the hostel and many of your room mates complained about you for being loud, late and not clean. Sun & Moon

Great location if you are into the beach or Las Ramblas. And a short metro ride to many other sites. Definitely a place where you can meet a lot of fun people but the first floor communal area lacked the ability to draw people in each night. The free computers and breakfast were nice, though the breakfast was definitely not worth it.Showers and rooms were clean, but almost got trapped in the elevator a few times.Have to pay for extras -blankets and other stuff but this place is worth it to party

I haven't been to much hostels but this is not the best. They charge extra for almost everything and the wifi is weak. my friend lost her keys for the lockers and the guy who came to fix it not only asked for 5 euros to replace the keys but also took the 2 euros in the locker. However the location cannot be better, right by rambla street and the staffs are really nice.

• 5th Jun 2015

My friend, staying in another hostel, wasn't allowed inside the building just while I dropped my bag off etc. Room was very small and cramped and general room/building was old fashioned. Not the greatest but have stayed in worse!

• 24th May 2015

charge for sheets, luggage storage. give me a break. I stayed at over 20 hostels and never was charged for luggage storage. you literally get what you pay for

Dear Andrew Sorry that you found the extra charges high but it is already in the description of our hostel and in the welcome letter we send to our guests. However, you get free WiFI and breakfast plus other facilities within the hostel :) Regards, Sun & Moon hostel