Sun & Moon Hostel Reviews

C/ Ferran 17, Barcelona, Spain

Good location and atmosphere, dorms are not the best. Private rooms are the way to go!! Breakfast is a joke but all in all, great value for money!!

Great location with plenty to do close by. Was woken up everyday by the staff coming in asking if we were whoever was suppose to check out that day.

• 8th Jul 2014

Honestly after 4 years as a backpacker my expectations are quite low but this hostel was really awful. Location is great, just next to La Ramblas, this is the only good thing about it. Also breakfast was poor but ok. the rest of it was just nightmare. noisy,smelly,small room. Noisy air condition wont let you sleep since u are sleeping without sheets-blankets. I wont recommend anyone even for 1 night. even to stay far from center and use metro it is better.

We are very sorry you had a bad stay in our hostel. We are suprised about the feedback you gave. The rooms are cleaned every day and the common rooms, too. We use special products for hostels so the rooms are clean and have a good smell. However, it is important to note that you are sharing the room with other people, which might be the reason why you felt it was dirty? may be your room mates weren't very tidy? The breakfast consists on a variety of coffees, juice, bread, youghurt, jam, butter..

Rooms really small, very poor breakfast, they charge 2€ for taking care of luggage and other things that they dont say before, but good location, good personal, always clean..

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Liked this hostel, just off La Rambla so very close to touristy areas. Only a short metro ride (or walk) to the beach. Check in starts at 2 but they will store your luggage for 2 euros. You also need to pay 2 euros for sheets, and more if you want a blanket. NO assigned beds and no respect for saved beds (my bed got stolen everytime someone new came in). Kitchen, common area, and computers all downstairs. Okay wifi, not the best in the rooms. You get a free dinner coupon at a bar close by.

the hostel has a great location, closing to Las Rambla, however corresponding too many people nearby and I lost my phone in the crowded street. They provided free breakfast and dinner, but we had to pay for bed sheets, which made us confused.There were lots of bars in the street and a bit noisy at night, but if you need to drink, it would be convenient. In general, it was worthwhile

This was one of the best hostels my friends and i had the pleasure of staying in. The staff were so friendly and caring for each person that was staying there and they made very delicious dinners. Such an incredible atmosphere and just far enough away from the extremely touristy area of Barcelona. The staff were great, this hostel is great!! I loved every minute of my stay here.

It would be nice if you told people on your website that towels and blankets are an additional cost. Also you should include info abou tthe 5 euro deposit and the 2 euro cabins for luggage in the rooms. I didnt mind terribly the additiona costs but it does change the overal price quite dramatically considering how cheap you claim to be on the internet. Other than that, the girl at the desk was amazing. Friendly, open, with a lot of knowledge. Everyone was nice but she was truly amazing.

some people may say it takes time to travel around these monuments in barcelona, i'd say they havn't chosen a right place to sleep. This hostel lies just beside the Rambla, in the heart of barrio Gothic. 3 minutes walking to the metro line 3 which takes you to almost everywhere. Beside that it's clean, with all the facilities. Free breakfast is better then what i imagined. Nice staffs. Very competitive price. I'd recommend people live here.

Although the hostel was a great location and price for the night, I quickly understood why it was so cheap. Upon arrival, we learned that we had to pay 2-5 euros for sheets AND a blanket, separately. Living on a budget, I only slept on the bottom sheet that was provided on the mattress. Overall, it has a cool atmosphere and great location to bars and Las Ramblas. Just be prepared to pay extra for the little things that are usually provided at other hostels.

• 18th Apr 2014

While the place looked nice and the price was appealing, dealing with the staff shadowed those benefits. We were forced to switch rooms often and one day, one of the staff members burst into our room while we were changing and demanded that we move immediately. He was later reprimanded but that was not the first time that we and other visitors had issues with him in particular. Additionally, the "breakfast" (if you can call it that) was awful and you can only get seconds if you're pretty.

• 17th Apr 2014

I had an absolute blast at Sun & Moon! I loved the common room area, where we got to meet a lot of cool, young travelers from around the world. It was also nice to be able to drink openly there. The wifi was annoying to deal with since it didn't always work, but there's a computer room with Internet that usually worked. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience here.

Our stay at Sun and Moon was brilliant! Fantastic hostel and such friendly staff. Only thing I would say is there should be more options at breakfast - as someone who does not eat dairy, there was very very little for me to eat. Please cater for everybody. Other than that, the place is wonderful.

• 13th Apr 2014

Please change the free coffee machine of the breakfeast! It`s better to give water than that "coffee". They charge you for everything: towels, blanket, even for sheets!!! Computers were very slow and guys from the 24/7 cleaning services were kind of rude. Kitchen is basicly refrigerator and microwave. Free dinner is actually in a pub where you have to pay a drink to have a plate of pasta. Good point: location.

the journey was really appreciated, but many trouble with the door to open it. Personal told us they will fix it but they don't. Also the suitcase place is not really safe and we had to wait a lot to put our suitcase there and we were in a rush. Bed and bathroom are really good for the price. Clean every day many times in a day.

• 11th Apr 2014

I stayed at the hostel before, this was my second time. The staff is great, but I had a minor problem the first night I stayed I woked up the next morning with bug bites on my right side. This was a problem, but the rest of the days the hostel staff made sure I had a good time, they were very helpful directing me to the places I wanted to go, informing me of places to visit.

• 11th Apr 2014

This place is ok, the best thing is the location. It's near La Rambla and the Placa Reial. The staff is friendly and was always helpful. It's not the best place to get in contact with other people when you are travelling alone. The atmosphere is kind of cold.

• 8th Mar 2014

Hey there Thank you for your comment. We think that you might have come in the low-season time where there were not many people staying in the hostel. We are sure that if you come by summer time you will have a great time! And we have organised new activities, too! So we hope to see you again soon :) Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

Very clean and well located hostel. Lots of extras included - hard to beat the value for money. However, it lacked a nice atmosphere as the hangout area feels quite sterile and impersonal. No couches or anywhere to just chill and be comfortable. Besides that, it is a well-run hostel that I would definitely recommend!

Hi there! Thank you SO much for your suggestion! We are definitely working on that. Thank you for letting us know. We hope to see you again soon. Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

Lockers were great, breakfast, location, staff and facilities! Room was very cold (someone should have explained there is heating and how to use it) Clenliness was average we were dissapointed with the provided sheet (marks and some hair found on a bed) and that we weren´t supplied a sheet to cover us and had to pay 2 euro extra.. we arent fussy girls but didnt imagine sleeping in our coats with dirty sheets. Apart from that we had a great stay and were lucky to share a room with nice people :)

Hi Sadie! Thank you for your comment! We will definitely work on our cleaning facilties. Many thanks for your feedback which enables to improve!!! Regards, Sun & Moon hostel