Sun & Moon Hostel Reviews

C/ Ferran 17, Barcelona, Spain

Stay there only for location. Anything else suck.

This Hostel is great! Location is absolutely perfect, the most places you can reach by walking and a metro station is also near the hostel. We only stayed 4 nights, so had to see a lot of things in short time, but the staff was very helpful and very friendly for all our questions we had.. My friend and I stayed in a private room, which was clean and had everything what's needed. I would definitely recommend this hostel and would stay there again on my next visit in Barcelona.

This hostel has an excellent location. Staff is good, and facilities are ok. The only thing I didn't like it, is that they charge you extra for any single thing. Sheets, blankets, leave luggage, etc.

Dear Customer Thank you for your comment. The extra little costs are already mentioned in Hostelworld website and we also sent a personalised email to explain all details of the services and facilities we offer. Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

The hostel is very good, clean, staff are friendly, the location of the hostel is perfect, just the corner of the famous street La Rambla, i recommend it.

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Algeria

Thank you very much for your comment! We hope to see you soon! Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

the hostel is great and have stayed there before. We went out the Saturday night and fair enough we were a little noisy when we came back and got told to be quiet which we did but then when I have got home to check my bank they have charged us £70 on top of what we already paid on the night is a joke. £70 is a joke!! We were more than apologetic and realised what we had done

Dear Guest. All night you distrubed ALL customers from the hostel. All of them came and complained of your bad behaviour. You broke one of our lockers. Even neighbours from outside the hostel complained that you were shouting and drinking. This behaviour is not permitted in the hostel. You were charged 70 Euros, 10 Euros per person for all the damage created. Sun & Moon hostel

Some more cleanliness in the rooms was necessary as well,as some room freshener or cleaning twice a day. Besides the rooms were,a bit too small for the number of people staying.

Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback. We will consider it and put more emphasis on the cleaning. Many thanks. Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

Good central location and nice staff, free breakfast. Only mattress cover is provided, you need to pay extra to get something to cover yourself, which is ridiculous. Have you ever paid in restaurant extra for cutlery? Kitchen consists of two microwaves and few plates, not a single cup. Institutional feel with zero atmosphere.

The staff was excellent. I had made a reservation for a larger group, but some people backed out last minute and the staff at the hostel was very accommodating with my last minute changes. There was also always someone at the reception desk that spoke English which made the whole process easier.

This was the cheapest hostel in Barcelona.. But I guess you get what you pay for... First room they put be in had two broken lockers so they changed my rooms. The next room had a main door that wouldn't lock... They said they would come up to fix it but I never saw any staff... The rooms were tight and the beds were even tighter. If you are over 6' tall don't go here you will regret it.

Dear Patrick Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. Our goal is that our customers have the best and most comfortable stay. The lockers were not broken however there was a key missing which was fixed immediately when you told us. The lock of the room was working well as the maintenance guy came to fix it. Please we ask that you report these things in reception if they are not sorted. Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

it's a really good hostel. the location is excellent. the breakfast is great as well. nothing to complain about it.

• 11th Sep 2015

Thank you Marcus! See you soon :) Sun & Moon hostel

The hostel has an amazing location: It is in the Ramblas Center and between two metro line (1 minute walking from both of them). The staff was Amazing, I have seen the two Italian guys at the reception day and night dealing with any kind of issue and any kind of customers.The hostel itself is not beautiful and the breakfast is not excellent, but I would recomment it to all my friends.

Dear Valentina Thank you for your comment. We hope to see you again soon. We will keep in improving our hostel to make it beautiful! Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

THE WORST HOSTEL IN THE WORLD... Jus pay a few euros extra and get an actual hostel. The rooms smell,no blanket or towel unles u buy one from them. The worst showers, u constantly have to hold for water to come out, so shower with one hand basically. rooms are filthy dark, noisy from outside. The cheap price is not worth it honestly.

The room was very dirty but the day after the guy cleaned it and it was ok. The problem come from the staff, they come into the room and do their stuff like if there are nobody. They turn on the light, ask if the guy beside left or gonna come back while you are still sleeping. The good points is the price and that you are at 1mn from la Rambla but this hostel is such a factory for tourist that I won't recommend. You pay for everything, except for the breakfast that is poor and disgusting.

Dear Romain, Thank you for your feedback. Rooms are cleaned every day - please do let us know when they are not clean (as we explain during welcome day), as our cleaning service is 24x7. The staff has to go upstairs as unfortunately many people don't respect check-out time. On the other hand, the rate includes free breakfast (buffet on drinks, yoghourt, croissant, bread, mermelade, nutella, butter), dinner, free lockers and many more things. You don't pay for everything.Regards,Sun & Moon Hostel

Very Secure Hostel! The rooms need a little improvement. Breakfast is offered which is GREAT!

Good beds with power points, great bar with awesome music and cheap drinks, everything was clean, staff were very helpful, walking tours were good, and of course a fantastic location. Air con worked great and the wifi.

Rooms were tiny and the bathroom's weren't great. Air conditioning was terrible and when asked about it the reception provided little help. Very good location though. A kitchen would have been useful as well

I went there with very little expectations because I've read some pretty bad reviews.But I was positivly surprised.The location is just perfect, you get everywhere so easily and you're right in the center.The staff is very nice and gave us tips about what to see,where to eat etc. The hostel is very clean,not so clean were our rooms,but that's because we had nasty roommates.A minus point: the showers, there is next to no water coming out. Loved the free breakfast and dinner! I would come back!!

Thank you Vanessa for your feedback. It is nice to read positive reviews of customers when they are happy about the stay - not many do! So we are encouraged by yours. We will definitely work on the showers - we are actually going to get them all newly done. Thanks! Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

This hostel was disgusting. We spent 4 days here and couldn't sleep in the room- it was putrid, hot & we were put in a very tiny, badly ventilated room with a family of 6 which was awkward for all. The shower flooded the bathroom & smelt of mould. It was incredibly noisy outside which wouldn't have been so bad (considering the location) if this hostel was actually reasonable enough to sleep in. Poor service from staff, only the cleaners & bartender were friendly and helpful.

Dear Belinda We are very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay in Barcelona. Actually, we are very shocked about the experience you had. The hostel accommodates all type of ages but if you felt uncomfortable you just had to tell us, we would have changed rooms. Our cleaning service is available 24x7 for any problem.