Sun & Moon Hostel Reviews

C/ Ferran 17, Barcelona, Spain

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff were all very friendly and very helpful whenever you had questions etc. I also had good access to wifi in my room and in the lobby area. the greatest advantage was that the hostel is located in the centre of the gothic area and makes for convenient sight-seeing.

The front desk staff were very helpful and patient with our many questions. My only complaint was that the AC in our room didn't work, even after the handyman came up several times to look at it (he had to remove shattered mirror parts a previous guest had put in the vent to avoid a fine??). We had to open the door to the hallway during the middle of the night to make the room the room a bearable temperature to sleep, but it doesn't seem like that's the norm.

In Barcelona most hostels are great (clean, modern, etc), this one was the excepetion. The building was old, the room seemed like it was dirty (it was not) and there was no electricity in our the room. Everything else was good. Great location!

Rooms were really dirty, they ask for money for each facilities; such as clean sheets,towels,luggage storage. There is no internet connections in room. Among whole negative features staff were helpful and friendly.

The room was not cleaned after check-in time. small acommodations. the bread and breakfast was also poor. The value for money in this hostel is the location and the low price.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Good location and atmosphere, dorms are not the best. Private rooms are the way to go!! Breakfast is a joke but all in all, great value for money!!

Great location with plenty to do close by. Was woken up everyday by the staff coming in asking if we were whoever was suppose to check out that day.

• 8th Jul 2014

Honestly after 4 years as a backpacker my expectations are quite low but this hostel was really awful. Location is great, just next to La Ramblas, this is the only good thing about it. Also breakfast was poor but ok. the rest of it was just nightmare. noisy,smelly,small room. Noisy air condition wont let you sleep since u are sleeping without sheets-blankets. I wont recommend anyone even for 1 night. even to stay far from center and use metro it is better.

We are very sorry you had a bad stay in our hostel. We are suprised about the feedback you gave. The rooms are cleaned every day and the common rooms, too. We use special products for hostels so the rooms are clean and have a good smell. However, it is important to note that you are sharing the room with other people, which might be the reason why you felt it was dirty? may be your room mates weren't very tidy? The breakfast consists on a variety of coffees, juice, bread, youghurt, jam, butter..

Great location and perfect hostel to meet other travellers!

• 4th Jul 2014

Rooms really small, very poor breakfast, they charge 2€ for taking care of luggage and other things that they dont say before, but good location, good personal, always clean..

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Liked this hostel, just off La Rambla so very close to touristy areas. Only a short metro ride (or walk) to the beach. Check in starts at 2 but they will store your luggage for 2 euros. You also need to pay 2 euros for sheets, and more if you want a blanket. NO assigned beds and no respect for saved beds (my bed got stolen everytime someone new came in). Kitchen, common area, and computers all downstairs. Okay wifi, not the best in the rooms. You get a free dinner coupon at a bar close by.

the hostel has a great location, closing to Las Rambla, however corresponding too many people nearby and I lost my phone in the crowded street. They provided free breakfast and dinner, but we had to pay for bed sheets, which made us confused.There were lots of bars in the street and a bit noisy at night, but if you need to drink, it would be convenient. In general, it was worthwhile

This was one of the best hostels my friends and i had the pleasure of staying in. The staff were so friendly and caring for each person that was staying there and they made very delicious dinners. Such an incredible atmosphere and just far enough away from the extremely touristy area of Barcelona. The staff were great, this hostel is great!! I loved every minute of my stay here.

It would be nice if you told people on your website that towels and blankets are an additional cost. Also you should include info abou tthe 5 euro deposit and the 2 euro cabins for luggage in the rooms. I didnt mind terribly the additiona costs but it does change the overal price quite dramatically considering how cheap you claim to be on the internet. Other than that, the girl at the desk was amazing. Friendly, open, with a lot of knowledge. Everyone was nice but she was truly amazing.

some people may say it takes time to travel around these monuments in barcelona, i'd say they havn't chosen a right place to sleep. This hostel lies just beside the Rambla, in the heart of barrio Gothic. 3 minutes walking to the metro line 3 which takes you to almost everywhere. Beside that it's clean, with all the facilities. Free breakfast is better then what i imagined. Nice staffs. Very competitive price. I'd recommend people live here.

Although the hostel was a great location and price for the night, I quickly understood why it was so cheap. Upon arrival, we learned that we had to pay 2-5 euros for sheets AND a blanket, separately. Living on a budget, I only slept on the bottom sheet that was provided on the mattress. Overall, it has a cool atmosphere and great location to bars and Las Ramblas. Just be prepared to pay extra for the little things that are usually provided at other hostels.

• 18th Apr 2014

While the place looked nice and the price was appealing, dealing with the staff shadowed those benefits. We were forced to switch rooms often and one day, one of the staff members burst into our room while we were changing and demanded that we move immediately. He was later reprimanded but that was not the first time that we and other visitors had issues with him in particular. Additionally, the "breakfast" (if you can call it that) was awful and you can only get seconds if you're pretty.

• 17th Apr 2014

I had an absolute blast at Sun & Moon! I loved the common room area, where we got to meet a lot of cool, young travelers from around the world. It was also nice to be able to drink openly there. The wifi was annoying to deal with since it didn't always work, but there's a computer room with Internet that usually worked. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience here.

Our stay at Sun and Moon was brilliant! Fantastic hostel and such friendly staff. Only thing I would say is there should be more options at breakfast - as someone who does not eat dairy, there was very very little for me to eat. Please cater for everybody. Other than that, the place is wonderful.

• 13th Apr 2014

Please change the free coffee machine of the breakfeast! It`s better to give water than that "coffee". They charge you for everything: towels, blanket, even for sheets!!! Computers were very slow and guys from the 24/7 cleaning services were kind of rude. Kitchen is basicly refrigerator and microwave. Free dinner is actually in a pub where you have to pay a drink to have a plate of pasta. Good point: location.