Sun & Moon Hostel Reviews

C/ Ferran 17, Barcelona, Spain

Very nice hostel! Personal is very friendly and really very helpful! :) The lobby area is very nice and they have small kitchen where you can make something for eat :))) In the rooms is bathroom so it is really very comfortable and you don't need to go to take the shower in other room :) The place in in the center so it is very convenient :)

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Lithuania

I wasnt very pleased with this hostel... Some of the employees weren't too friendly and I had to pay extra 2 € for a sheet to cover up. They claim to be cleaning everyday, but the floors remained pretty dirty over the three days I was there. Also the lock to our room was broken and didn't get properly get repaired, the lock to the bathroom was broke and no attempt to fix it has been made. In addition to that it was quite irritating that a group of 8 year olds and a 70 yr old were rooming with us

There is really nice to stay there because they have really good location which is heart of Barcelona but little bit far away to clubs therefore it's not a reason.

it was not clean .. atmosphere was not good not bad . But breakfast was good for hostels menü :) . I am not satisfy to stay there

Dirty bed upon arrival, asked reception for new sheets and it seemed out of their control and far too much effort to also get a new pillow case. Asked reception for a bath mat 3 times throughout our stay as nothing was provided to stop shower flooding the bathroom... Still waiting on the bath mat. Bunk beds are perfect if you are aged 5-8. As a youth hostel we assumed age would have been of concern to staff as we were surprised to have an elderly gentlemen in our room who was less than pleasant.

• 12th Jun 2015

I haven't been to much hostels but this is not the best. They charge extra for almost everything and the wifi is weak. my friend lost her keys for the lockers and the guy who came to fix it not only asked for 5 euros to replace the keys but also took the 2 euros in the locker. However the location cannot be better, right by rambla street and the staffs are really nice.

• 5th Jun 2015

My friend, staying in another hostel, wasn't allowed inside the building just while I dropped my bag off etc. Room was very small and cramped and general room/building was old fashioned. Not the greatest but have stayed in worse!

• 24th May 2015

charge for sheets, luggage storage. give me a break. I stayed at over 20 hostels and never was charged for luggage storage. you literally get what you pay for

Dear Andrew Sorry that you found the extra charges high but it is already in the description of our hostel and in the welcome letter we send to our guests. However, you get free WiFI and breakfast plus other facilities within the hostel :) Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

I loved this hostel. Very well located. They have a bar with mojitos. They organise games at the hostel so it's easy to socialise before the pub crawl which was so much fun. Other activities like walking tours too. Totally recommended.

Best location ever. Close to everything. They offer very good walking tours and amazing pub crawls starting from their bar. Totally recommended.

the best hostel in barcelona at the moment

stayed for 3 nights in march, got bug bites all over my head, arms and legs (one other girl in our room got them too) so I would not recommend staying..otherwise the hostel is clean and there was wifi in our room. the free breakfast was OK but they dont have tea (only coffee), the kitchen was bad - no kettle to boil water, no stove, only a microwave to heat something up.

Thank you for your comment. As you mentioned to the receptionist someone would have come from outside who brought the certain conditions of the room. We acted immediately and cleaned the room by professional people. This cost us a lot of money. Morover we paid for your medicine and cream as you requested. You were quite satisfied here.. This comment looks a little unappropiate. Breakfast includes coffees, TEA, juices, chocolate, bread, yoghurt, jam... and there is a kettle in the lobby..

Great facilities, lockers are large and easy to use. The hostel is just off La Rambla, making it easy to get to all the destinations I need.