Sun & Moon Hostel Reviews

C/ Ferran 17, Barcelona, Spain

Although the hostel was a great location and price for the night, I quickly understood why it was so cheap. Upon arrival, we learned that we had to pay 2-5 euros for sheets AND a blanket, separately. Living on a budget, I only slept on the bottom sheet that was provided on the mattress. Overall, it has a cool atmosphere and great location to bars and Las Ramblas. Just be prepared to pay extra for the little things that are usually provided at other hostels.

• 18th Apr 2014

I had an absolute blast at Sun & Moon! I loved the common room area, where we got to meet a lot of cool, young travelers from around the world. It was also nice to be able to drink openly there. The wifi was annoying to deal with since it didn't always work, but there's a computer room with Internet that usually worked. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience here.

Please change the free coffee machine of the breakfeast! It`s better to give water than that "coffee". They charge you for everything: towels, blanket, even for sheets!!! Computers were very slow and guys from the 24/7 cleaning services were kind of rude. Kitchen is basicly refrigerator and microwave. Free dinner is actually in a pub where you have to pay a drink to have a plate of pasta. Good point: location.

the journey was really appreciated, but many trouble with the door to open it. Personal told us they will fix it but they don't. Also the suitcase place is not really safe and we had to wait a lot to put our suitcase there and we were in a rush. Bed and bathroom are really good for the price. Clean every day many times in a day.

• 11th Apr 2014

I stayed at the hostel before, this was my second time. The staff is great, but I had a minor problem the first night I stayed I woked up the next morning with bug bites on my right side. This was a problem, but the rest of the days the hostel staff made sure I had a good time, they were very helpful directing me to the places I wanted to go, informing me of places to visit.

• 11th Apr 2014

This place is ok, the best thing is the location. It's near La Rambla and the Placa Reial. The staff is friendly and was always helpful. It's not the best place to get in contact with other people when you are travelling alone. The atmosphere is kind of cold.

• 8th Mar 2014

Hey there Thank you for your comment. We think that you might have come in the low-season time where there were not many people staying in the hostel. We are sure that if you come by summer time you will have a great time! And we have organised new activities, too! So we hope to see you again soon :) Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

Very clean and well located hostel. Lots of extras included - hard to beat the value for money. However, it lacked a nice atmosphere as the hangout area feels quite sterile and impersonal. No couches or anywhere to just chill and be comfortable. Besides that, it is a well-run hostel that I would definitely recommend!

Hi there! Thank you SO much for your suggestion! We are definitely working on that. Thank you for letting us know. We hope to see you again soon. Regards, Sun & Moon hostel

Lockers were great, breakfast, location, staff and facilities! Room was very cold (someone should have explained there is heating and how to use it) Clenliness was average we were dissapointed with the provided sheet (marks and some hair found on a bed) and that we weren´t supplied a sheet to cover us and had to pay 2 euro extra.. we arent fussy girls but didnt imagine sleeping in our coats with dirty sheets. Apart from that we had a great stay and were lucky to share a room with nice people :)

Hi Sadie! Thank you for your comment! We will definitely work on our cleaning facilties. Many thanks for your feedback which enables to improve!!! Regards, Sun & Moon hostel