Sun & Moon Hostel Reviews

C/ Ferran 17, Barcelona, Spain

It would be nice if you told people on your website that towels and blankets are an additional cost. Also you should include info abou tthe 5 euro deposit and the 2 euro cabins for luggage in the rooms. I didnt mind terribly the additiona costs but it does change the overal price quite dramatically considering how cheap you claim to be on the internet. Other than that, the girl at the desk was amazing. Friendly, open, with a lot of knowledge. Everyone was nice but she was truly amazing.

some people may say it takes time to travel around these monuments in barcelona, i'd say they havn't chosen a right place to sleep. This hostel lies just beside the Rambla, in the heart of barrio Gothic. 3 minutes walking to the metro line 3 which takes you to almost everywhere. Beside that it's clean, with all the facilities. Free breakfast is better then what i imagined. Nice staffs. Very competitive price. I'd recommend people live here.

Although the hostel was a great location and price for the night, I quickly understood why it was so cheap. Upon arrival, we learned that we had to pay 2-5 euros for sheets AND a blanket, separately. Living on a budget, I only slept on the bottom sheet that was provided on the mattress. Overall, it has a cool atmosphere and great location to bars and Las Ramblas. Just be prepared to pay extra for the little things that are usually provided at other hostels.

• 18th Apr 2014

While the place looked nice and the price was appealing, dealing with the staff shadowed those benefits. We were forced to switch rooms often and one day, one of the staff members burst into our room while we were changing and demanded that we move immediately. He was later reprimanded but that was not the first time that we and other visitors had issues with him in particular. Additionally, the "breakfast" (if you can call it that) was awful and you can only get seconds if you're pretty.

• 17th Apr 2014

I had an absolute blast at Sun & Moon! I loved the common room area, where we got to meet a lot of cool, young travelers from around the world. It was also nice to be able to drink openly there. The wifi was annoying to deal with since it didn't always work, but there's a computer room with Internet that usually worked. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience here.

Our stay at Sun and Moon was brilliant! Fantastic hostel and such friendly staff. Only thing I would say is there should be more options at breakfast - as someone who does not eat dairy, there was very very little for me to eat. Please cater for everybody. Other than that, the place is wonderful.

• 13th Apr 2014

Please change the free coffee machine of the breakfeast! It`s better to give water than that "coffee". They charge you for everything: towels, blanket, even for sheets!!! Computers were very slow and guys from the 24/7 cleaning services were kind of rude. Kitchen is basicly refrigerator and microwave. Free dinner is actually in a pub where you have to pay a drink to have a plate of pasta. Good point: location.

the journey was really appreciated, but many trouble with the door to open it. Personal told us they will fix it but they don't. Also the suitcase place is not really safe and we had to wait a lot to put our suitcase there and we were in a rush. Bed and bathroom are really good for the price. Clean every day many times in a day.

• 11th Apr 2014

I stayed at the hostel before, this was my second time. The staff is great, but I had a minor problem the first night I stayed I woked up the next morning with bug bites on my right side. This was a problem, but the rest of the days the hostel staff made sure I had a good time, they were very helpful directing me to the places I wanted to go, informing me of places to visit.

• 11th Apr 2014