Suna Hotel Reviews

Çankırı Caddesi, Soğukkuyu, Sokak, No 6, Ulus, Ankara, Turkey

Extremely unfriendly staff. Shouted at us. Grunted at any questions asked. Horrible bathroom.

The hotel is basic and the location is in a rougher, but bustling part of town. If you like a basic hotel, for a good price this is a good place. The sanitation was clean but sometimes the sewage smelled somewhat., but nothing to worry about. This is not a special hotel, but it is has friendly staff, and OK value for low money.

• 4th Sep 2012

well, the only positive thing about this hotel is it's location and that you can get a single room pretty cheap.the metro station is one street away, about 5 mins and the citadel is about 10 mins away. but the staff don't speak a word of english, the rooms are very small, the shower didn't work, it squirted water everywhere from the wall, i couldn't lock my room when i went out. so just be prepared, but if you just want to sleep it's ok i guess.

Dear Sir/Madam As stated above but I had to choose less than (very poor) this hotel should be named Suna Inn instead of Hotel,and I stayed there only one night as I had paid,nothing was clean in that place no tissue in w.c or room & shampoo (as these are the Basic needs) also its lobby & the carpet and the furniture are very old and dirty I wish the hostel world managers have a checking to evaluate. the best I should do is to compensate for all these. B.Rgds Ekhtiari

• 11th Jun 2012
  • Iran
  • Couple, 41+

I have been In so many hostels and I think this one is a cost effective place. I am not saying this is a five star place but price with this service deserves 100% if I compare with other hotels or hostels in Ankara. There are some little negativities such as not good location or poor English spoken staff but also helpful.

• 16th Jan 2012
  • Indonesia

I was glad to be able to afford my own room after many nights in various hostel rooms. The downside was that the room smelled like smoke, the bathroom was not properly cleaned, there were hooker flyers scattered outside on the streets, and the place is difficult to find at night. However, you are not paying for luxury when you stay here. At least you'll get a bed and your own bathroom. Secondly, the place is only 10 - 20 minutes walk from all the city's major sites and metro. Nice and cheap.

The hotel was near the metro so you can reach all other areas. clean and basic all you need for a night stay. Staff very helpful brought some coffee in the morning. They tried to help in every respect giving you maps and indications how to get here and there. I can say that for this price it is quite good place to stay

• 15th Oct 2011
  • South Korea

The room was clean, comfortable and simple. Staf was very friendly. If you're looking for an cheap and easy place to stay at in Ankara, this is a good spot. Good value for money.

• 15th Oct 2011
  • South Korea

In summary: a great place in the center of Ankara/Ulus. We liked the place very much!

Insects in the rooms.

Tip of recommendation: do NOT stay in this hotel if you can possibly avoid it! This is the one and only hotel that I have ever walked out of, having pre-booked. After I had swept the two cockroaches off my bed, killed them, and killed three more in my bathroom, I decided this was not the place for me. There are much better hotels (for slightly more) in the area- although the Ulus district is not too salubrious at the best of times.

This place is crawling with cockroaches, its like a horror film.

Suna Hotel pretends to be nothing it isn't. It's a cheap hotel in an area of hundreds of hotels. The location is excellent for the museum, but Ulus is a seedy area (red lights abound). The room is basic, the attached bathroom could be cleaned a bit better, but they're not disgusting. When I stayed there were no English speeking staff members, but we managed OK. Overall you get what you pay for.

No hot water. My first floor window was above the next door bar/restaurant. It would have been cheaper to drink the night raather than sleep in this hooootel

Nice clean and comfortable rooms at low prices. Very convenient location near Metro, railway station and citadel. Of cours, the Ulus area is not the best quarter of Ankara. Prostitution is around this area during night, but it seems that tis hotel does not allow guests with prostitutes, so its safe.

The hotel rooms are fairly basic and not very clean. No breakfast is provided despite in the website claiming the opposite. All these are partly compensated by the location near the Museum and Amkara Kalesi and by the friendliness of the stuff (yes they do not speak English but are very helpful).

Dear guest, Thank you for choosing us and your comment. We would like to just clarifiy one of the missunderstanding of breakfast service. On the website, breakfast is a title and if you press on the breakfas title then you will see the subtitles whether included or not included. For our hotel it was written not included but to see this info you had to press on the breakfast title. Overall to prevenet missunderstanding, breakfast option was removed from website.

It is what it supposed to be, a cheap hotel. Rooms are clean, bed and shower are decent.

We thank that we had stayed only one night at Suna Hotel. The hotel location is surrounded by bad neighbourhoods. The room was not so clean, but the staff, who doesn't speak english, did her best to help us takting a taxi to the airport.

small rooms but tidy

beetles in the room... But if you need it just for having a roof over your head it is sufficient. The stuff is perfect though. They are very helpful and prepared a fabulous breakfast out of being asked about it.

• 3rd Apr 2011