8.1
8.1
Fabulous 20 Total Reviews

17th Feb 2017
5.4

Not impressed by their lack of preparation. Arrived at 4 PM as I had stated, and the receptionist kept saying my room would be ready in 10 minutes. One hour later turns out they were overbooked. At the last minute, they converted an employee's room into a room for me. The toilet did not flush. On last day I tried to shower, but water stopped two minutes into the shower. In middle of forest. No restaurants or food options nearby. Hotel restaurant is expensive and only 1-2 items to choose.

29th Dec 2016

Samuel and his mom run an incredible hostel together. SunCamp DR is a perfect place to stay in Puerto Plata because of the easy accessibility there is to getting to the main roads and buses from Ruta Muñoz. They really do an exceptional job here, and Samuel is very talented at the way he treats his customers. I reserved a shared dorm, but was given my own (very large) private room. Great food, atmosphere, cheap, convenient, and safe. Highly recommended!