Sunflower Hostel Reviews

Helsingforser Str. 17, 10243 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Awesome atmosphere...not too social but opportunity to meet people with great common space and lobby/bar. A few metro stops from city centre but in a nice area near water and Berlin Wall easy gallery. Was enjoyable stay. Very clean and breakfast pretty good for 3€

I have been traveling for approximately two months now, and Sunflower Hostel is far and away the best accommodation around. Staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and the location is unbeatable. I have already booked my return stay. Thanks Sunflower!!!

It's a good place for single travellers to meet people! The lounge area is always full of people and really hip! + you get an okay breakfast for 3 bucks

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Pakistan

I loved my stay here, it was perfect location to night life, the overground and supermarkets for buying food to cook for yourself in the kitchen. It has s great atmosphere and the €3 all you can eat breakfast was good, although some other options would have been nice but I can't complain. The one key per room situation wasn't an issue at all for us, it's an idea that really works. Would defo come back here and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good time.

• 18th Jun 2015

This hostel was one of my favourites from my recent travels. The atmosphere is excellent for meeting people and it's so close to the nightlife (on the same street as Berghain and down the road from Suicide Circus). It's also really close to a train station which is only a few stops away from Alexanderplatz. My one complaint is the beds which are a bit creaky but if you plan on going out and partying until the morning, it shouldn't really bother you. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

The hostel was excellent for meeting people as a single traveller. Lockers were a tad small and didn't lock without a bigger padlock. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay

Great location and overall very impressed with this hostel. Only downside, the staff were helpful but hostile and not friendly whatsoever.

• 11th Jun 2015

breakfast was 3£ which was decent. but the fact you have one key to share per room is a bit poor

I don´t understand why every dorm only gets ONE key??? It is very inconvienient for every guest! I am also used to a more friendly and helpful stuff in hostels around the world.

very nice and friendly hostel, the position is crucial if you want to book an holiday with your friends. Definitely suggest this hostel!

Good atmosphere. Showers were a bit bad as water goes everywhere. Only some rooms have a kitchen which is disappointing. Great location for seeing more of a cultural area and easy to get into town by train. Staff aren't very knowledgeable or just want you to spend money on their breakfast as they told people the supermarkets were closed yet there was more in the area that were open. Pretty good place just don't expect the staff to be amazing!

Stay at this hostel to experience another side of Berlin that any people would not experience, loved staying here

While I was staying at the hostel, there was a big group of students(?). It was loud and rowdy. Not in a good way either. I was hoping to meet some new people in the lounge area but it was overrun by students/teenagers and their chaperones. The bed was super uncomfortable, it sunk-in at the middle so my whole body was in a "hole/U shape". The morning staff at the hostel were super friendly however the evening staff was rude and impatient with me. If I knew Berlin then I wouldn't have asked.

• 19th May 2015

I really liked this hostel- it is close tp Kruezburg and the East Side Gallery so there's lots of great things to do nearby. The security wasn't great as we all had to share a key for each dorm, but there were lockers. There was a kitchen but it was only available to certain rooms which made absolutely no sense! It had a great atmosphere and I had a lot of fun.

Have had an amazing time here! All the syaff have been great, even when the place was sooo busy with big groups arriving.. I was made to feel very welcome, had the options to chill when i wanted and party when i felt like it.. Cheap bar.. Good breakfast for the money, near to loads of great food and bars.. All in all one of the best hostels i have ever staued at!! Would highly recommend it to any people who like a lively and friendly hostel and like the underground scene of Berlin

• 11th May 2015

Good kitchen on each floor. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Reception is supposed to check your room card upon entry, but they were too busy to even notice me most often. I felt like most travelers were already in groups-I didn't meet many solo travelers. I liked the location though. Berlin is too huge on foot, but the hostel is close to cool happenings and the metro. Staff weren't overally friendly- probably a mix of being busy and 'too cool'. Laundry on site. They charge for computer use (reall

It's very annoying having to wait to get your key when you return to the hostel. Sometimes the desk is surrounded with people checking in or asking other questions and I just wanted to get to my room and not wait 10 minutes to get my key.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at

• 10th May 2015

I didn't end up staying because my route was changed due to transport problems, but the staff were incredibly understanding and didn't charge me any cancellation fees as it was out of my control. I would stay in the future as it seems the staff are really accommodating - even if you don't make it!

Great hostel, only downside was that we didn't have WiFi reception in our room (303).

• 7th May 2015