Sunflower Hostel Reviews

Helsingforser Str. 17, 10243 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Staying at the Sunflower hostel has been my best experience with a hostel. The staff are so friendly and knowledgeable and fun people in general. It was really easy to meet new people and I honestly wish I never had to leave. I'll definitely be back!

• 18th Apr 2015

For those who want the techno atmosphere of Berlin, this hostel is perfect. It was a bit hard to get the attention of the staff sometimes, but the service was still better than most of Berlin. That's the Germans for you. I canceled my last night since I had another place to stay. I didn't have to pay anything extra which was nice As mentioned, you have to share one key with the rest of everyone in your dorm, it works but I can see how some feel that it's a bit weird. I didn't mind though.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Nice hostel and vibe.

Very nice room with balcony for a good price. Even though there is a bar downstairs it was quiet in the room. Friendly staff.

• 19th Mar 2015

Great hostel for travellers & those new to Berlin. I ended up extending my stay by 8 nights as the rooms are spacious, lockers are big enough to hide a body in and bathrooms with air dryers and amazing showers. Location is super close to Warschauer Stra§e station and is 2 minutes walk from one of the worlds "super clubs". I can definitely recommend this hostel for those that are looking for a great value, friendly hostel in a good lo cation. Big-ups to Jenni, Benjamin & the rest of the gang

The is basically no security. Just one key per room. The Location is average because it is not in the center but still in a nice area of Berlin where a lot of young people live. The staff was kind of busy and I waited twice for help at the reception without noticing and staff members were talking to each other. The room was not dirty but also not clean. The sheets were ironed very hot, so they smelled a little. The bathroom was very dirty and so was the shower. The price is a good one though.

• 4th Mar 2015

The hostel is very funky and is in a great location with many restaurants and clubs around. Each room only has one key, with system of entering your room being very outdated. The bar is super cheap and atmosphere is decent. Staff are lovely and are very helpful. I would recommend this hostel to people who want to soak up the atmosphere berlin is famous for.

Thanks for letting us chenk-in earlier, that was amazing!!!

We had a really great stay, sunflower hostel was really clean and spacious, breakfast was great and there was a fun lively atmosphere. Would definitely recommend!

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

The room was a bit dusty.

amazing hostel. Brilliant rates and very warm and comfortble

I really don't know why, but I stayed in a room with shower, but it didn't have a curtain!!!!! So it was quite embarrassing to share the room with my friend, then we had to use the common showers. It could not be a problem for a couple, but they didn't ask us about it. The location is no so good, you have to use public transport to get to the sightseeing points of the city (the good point is that the train station is really near the hostel).

I left this monday and I luckily got on time to the airport!! thanks for your instructions. Thanks very much for all, very nice stay and nice stuff...well there was one girl at the reception who did not make me feel comfortable...except that, everthing good! supernice designs at the reception and nice atmosphere!

Location not enough good!!!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Chile

The staff was rude and unhelpful. The place was overprice and the facilities does not worth it. The location is the best thing this hostel has, other than that nothing special. I would recomend stay somewhere else and walk 10 minutes more to every place.

Loved our time here! We stayed for New Years so it was quite hectic in the lead up (as we expected) but everything was great! Although if you're planning on doing laundry in the hostel, be prepared to wait all day. It took so long that we got nothing else done.

Your staff and the hostel atmosphere are nothing short of amazing.

No wifi in rooms and poor connection in the common area. Buffet breakfast? Doesn't have many choices. Unhelpful staff. Very late check in time. Doesn't look forward to come back to the hostel so maybe a good thing because then we can explore the city. Location wise, ok, because near the Ubahn n Sbahn.

I have really enjoyed the stay at Sunflower Hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room neat and cosy and there were no disturbances to complain about. The bar that is open 24/7 is a great advantage! One thing that wasn't nice (but not directly for me) was the fact that some guys had things stolen from them while we were there. Nevertheless the staff knew what to do, they called the police and watched the security cameras with those guys so all in all it hopefully ended up well!

Such a great location! We stayed there for Christmas and it was great! Sometimes the wifi didn't work which was annoying but it happens everywhere :)