Sunflower Hostel Reviews

Helsingforser Str. 17, 10243 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Have had an amazing time here! All the syaff have been great, even when the place was sooo busy with big groups arriving.. I was made to feel very welcome, had the options to chill when i wanted and party when i felt like it.. Cheap bar.. Good breakfast for the money, near to loads of great food and bars.. All in all one of the best hostels i have ever staued at!! Would highly recommend it to any people who like a lively and friendly hostel and like the underground scene of Berlin

• 11th May 2015

It's very annoying having to wait to get your key when you return to the hostel. Sometimes the desk is surrounded with people checking in or asking other questions and I just wanted to get to my room and not wait 10 minutes to get my key.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at

• 10th May 2015

Great hostel, only downside was that we didn't have WiFi reception in our room (303).

• 7th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Very clean, great facilities, great staff, and atmosphere. Location is not in center of town but (even better) in a nice neighborhood with shops and bars and very close to the U line. I wish I could stay at EastSeven everywhere I go...

Staying at the Sunflower hostel has been my best experience with a hostel. The staff are so friendly and knowledgeable and fun people in general. It was really easy to meet new people and I honestly wish I never had to leave. I'll definitely be back!

• 18th Apr 2015

For those who want the techno atmosphere of Berlin, this hostel is perfect. It was a bit hard to get the attention of the staff sometimes, but the service was still better than most of Berlin. That's the Germans for you. I canceled my last night since I had another place to stay. I didn't have to pay anything extra which was nice As mentioned, you have to share one key with the rest of everyone in your dorm, it works but I can see how some feel that it's a bit weird. I didn't mind though.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Strange at first , BUT it grows on you fast, I love it

Great hostel, good location, easy access into Alexanderplatz and other popular spots on metro and walking distance from East Side Gallery. Clean, comfy bed and nice place to stay.

Nice hostel and vibe.

Very nice room with balcony for a good price. Even though there is a bar downstairs it was quiet in the room. Friendly staff.

• 19th Mar 2015

Great hostel for travellers & those new to Berlin. I ended up extending my stay by 8 nights as the rooms are spacious, lockers are big enough to hide a body in and bathrooms with air dryers and amazing showers. Location is super close to Warschauer Stra§e station and is 2 minutes walk from one of the worlds "super clubs". I can definitely recommend this hostel for those that are looking for a great value, friendly hostel in a good lo cation. Big-ups to Jenni, Benjamin & the rest of the gang

The is basically no security. Just one key per room. The Location is average because it is not in the center but still in a nice area of Berlin where a lot of young people live. The staff was kind of busy and I waited twice for help at the reception without noticing and staff members were talking to each other. The room was not dirty but also not clean. The sheets were ironed very hot, so they smelled a little. The bathroom was very dirty and so was the shower. The price is a good one though.

• 4th Mar 2015

The hostel is very funky and is in a great location with many restaurants and clubs around. Each room only has one key, with system of entering your room being very outdated. The bar is super cheap and atmosphere is decent. Staff are lovely and are very helpful. I would recommend this hostel to people who want to soak up the atmosphere berlin is famous for.

Thanks for letting us chenk-in earlier, that was amazing!!!

We had a really great stay, sunflower hostel was really clean and spacious, breakfast was great and there was a fun lively atmosphere. Would definitely recommend!

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

The room was a bit dusty.

amazing hostel. Brilliant rates and very warm and comfortble

I really don't know why, but I stayed in a room with shower, but it didn't have a curtain!!!!! So it was quite embarrassing to share the room with my friend, then we had to use the common showers. It could not be a problem for a couple, but they didn't ask us about it. The location is no so good, you have to use public transport to get to the sightseeing points of the city (the good point is that the train station is really near the hostel).

I left this monday and I luckily got on time to the airport!! thanks for your instructions. Thanks very much for all, very nice stay and nice stuff...well there was one girl at the reception who did not make me feel comfortable...except that, everthing good! supernice designs at the reception and nice atmosphere!