Sunflower Hostel Reviews

Helsingforser Str. 17, 10243 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Nice hostel loved the apartment setup of the room I was in. Nice to have the kitchen right there. Location isn't really central but it's easy to take the s bahn in to see the major sights and the area that's around the hostel pretty cool as well. Only complaint is that there was a smell... a weird smelly smell but it may have just been someone in my room and not the hostel in general.

HUGE MISTAKE. It's in a pretty poor location in a dingy part of the city, but that's not the main issue. I was put in room 321, occupied by 3 permanent residents, a creepy mid 40's guy, and mid 30's cross dressing male. Which is fine other than one of them tried to steal from my bag as they had used more than 1 locker. I reported it to staff who then spoke to one another in German so I wouldn't hear. Also it was full of children on school trips. The Australian bar maid was nice and helpful

Way too expensive and unpleasant staff

The hostel is a great location in that you can very easily walk to the East Side Gallery. Unfortunately that means it's a bit of a trek to central Berlin, but I personally didn't mind it. The staff there was really friendly and helpful and everyone at the hostel was nice. It was a great place to meet people! The rooms weren't overly exciting but they were clean as well as were the bathrooms. Only complaint is that the wifi doesn't reach the rooms so you have to sit in reception.

Sunflower was located in a slightly sketchy, dark area though near a lively neighborhood. We didn't feel like the value was there as we had just come from another hostel nearby where we had many more amenities

Great Hostel.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Nice and clean, well located, and the bar on the ground floor is good to meet people. However it's a big place and unfortunately there's some kind of weird acoustic and you can hear all the other rooms/toilets so very noisy in the night/morning. Some of the staff was very nice, others a little cold (busy I guess). Good value breakfast.

I left booking until last minute, and this hostel was the only one left in my price range. As a lone female traveller, wouldn´t stay in this area. Stay in the Mitte area. The hostel caters for big groups so was hard to meet people, plus everyone was on phones in the common room. Good breakfast though. Clean rooms. Staff weren´t so friendly. The price of beds increase as the rooms fill up which is a massive rip off. I cancelled my last night which was 30 euros. They refunded me which was nice.

Quite easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great friendly staff, offer walking tours, brill rooms and amazing atmosphere in which to meet people.

Was travelling on my own, and this hostel was a great place to meet people and see all the sights.

• 24th Jun 2014

+ Very cool hostel helpful and friendly staff great location breakfast is okay - not enough toilets

The receptionnist was incredibly nice and the hostel really pretty and original. The location is perfect : easy to arrive (3 metro stations after alexander platz) and just the best place to go out... I fell in love :)

• 11th Jun 2014

There were no clean sheets as we checked in, and when I went to ask for them around 8pm, I was given sheets that were still a bit wet. Also, the policy of only one key; if you wanna sleep but are in the same room with party people, you have the option of leaving the door open, which is not a very comforting thought, or get up at 6am to open it as the party people return. And: no air conditioning = terrible sleeping conditions. Staff, especially a dark haired girl w/ glasses was friendly though.

This place was quite cute (wall paintings and celing ornaments). The breakfast is not free but for 3 Euro prety good. Only about a 5 min walk to tram that takes you to city center. Surrounding area is a little dirty and grungy. Only get internet in common room. Lots of opportunities to meet people. The staff seemed really busy and couldn't help as much. Wished they had fans in the room as we came it was unbarably hot in the rooms and outside. Showers are dorm like so be prepared. Overall, nice.

good location..not too far away from metro stop and also a short walk to the East Side Gallery of the Berlin Wall. Only stopped for one night so i cant say much about the atmosphere, but bar looked busy and i will definitely come back when im next in Berlin.

Very cool place and awesome staff. But U should have a kitchen on first floor, otherewise very nice place!

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel is perfectly located, away from the busy city center but close to interesting places, and also well connected with train and subway. The atmosphere was very relaxed, cool and quiet, nobody messing around. The staff was also polite and competent, and the rooms were OK. For a relaxed stay in Berlin I definitely recommend it.

Bright and spacious rooms, clean feeling but with character. Far from alexanderplatz and the main attractions but close to kreuzberg which is way better! Had a very cool vibe, overall great hostel!

The good: The staff was really nice, and very helpful when it came to explaining how the place works and where to leave luggage and how to do everything. Generally really good vibes and friendly people (guests and staff). Good price. Close to a vegan supermarket, close to subway, tram and downtown. The bad: No toilet paper in the bathroom, in the morning (8-9am). Public bathrooms were filthy, but from guests. I was glad I had my own sink and shower in the room (no toilet though).

• 23rd May 2014

You always meet nice persons there!

• 14th May 2014