Sunflower Hostel Reviews

Helsingforser Str. 17, 10243 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

I left this monday and I luckily got on time to the airport!! thanks for your instructions. Thanks very much for all, very nice stay and nice stuff...well there was one girl at the reception who did not make me feel comfortable...except that, everthing good! supernice designs at the reception and nice atmosphere!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Location not enough good!!!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Chile

Loved our time here! We stayed for New Years so it was quite hectic in the lead up (as we expected) but everything was great! Although if you're planning on doing laundry in the hostel, be prepared to wait all day. It took so long that we got nothing else done.

Your staff and the hostel atmosphere are nothing short of amazing.

No wifi in rooms and poor connection in the common area. Buffet breakfast? Doesn't have many choices. Unhelpful staff. Very late check in time. Doesn't look forward to come back to the hostel so maybe a good thing because then we can explore the city. Location wise, ok, because near the Ubahn n Sbahn.

I have really enjoyed the stay at Sunflower Hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room neat and cosy and there were no disturbances to complain about. The bar that is open 24/7 is a great advantage! One thing that wasn't nice (but not directly for me) was the fact that some guys had things stolen from them while we were there. Nevertheless the staff knew what to do, they called the police and watched the security cameras with those guys so all in all it hopefully ended up well!

Such a great location! We stayed there for Christmas and it was great! Sometimes the wifi didn't work which was annoying but it happens everywhere :)

Cool, open and friendly staff, clean rooms, perfect location, nice beers, terrace right next to the hostel. Wifi signal didn't reach my bedroom but it worked in the lobby. For the rest everything was just perfect!

• 17th Dec 2014

Wi-fi worked only in reception. Only one key per room, difficult system with door-code. Staff was wonderful, good location, very clean

cool hostel good location super helpful staff really good atmosphere, just no wifi in the rooms and only some of the rooms had kitchens so you have to request a room With a kitchen which cost the same as one Without but overall really good hostel

The wifi worked very badly in the room. You had to sit in the reception to use it

Loved so much I extended my stay, one thing I didn't like was location it was down a dodgy looking road but other than that please go check it out, first thing you do when you get there is look up at the ceiling, you'll love it!

Had a great stay at the sunflower hostel, the staff was great and the rooms clean. The only problem was getting there, the directions are a little unclear so just make sure to get your own directions before you get there to save yourself the trouble

• 14th Nov 2014

This is a spacious hostel with large lockers that is well organised. Unfortunately the wifi only seems to work in the reception/common/bar area and there is an annoying scheme that requires one's social media to be spammed with an advert for the hostel. I also had problems with firefox tabs. Additionally, there is only one key per room and, humans being lazy, this detracts from room security as well as being inconvenient.

I spent three days at SunFlower Hostel. The hostel has great Location (very close to Kreutzberg), especially if you like clubbing. The Staff is very friendly and very kind. The rooms are very cleaned and the bathroom too. The Hostel's atmosphere is very nice, you can meet other travelers and new friends. For sure next visit in Berlin I'll come back to SunFlower Hostel. I really recommend it!!

• 12th Nov 2014

Great hostel. My only complain is that the internet is very slow. Not a big deal if you are web surfing but video streaming is not always possible.

They had everything we needed although a lot of things cost extra (breakfast, computers, washers)

Everyhting ok. Cheap and perfect. Like every hostel should be everywhere.

Friendly staff, very nice breakfast, clean, great location, amazing vibe for lonely travellers as me. And if all of this wasn't already enough, it's just some metres away from Berghain, allegedly the best club in the whole world (even though it sucks to manage to get in there). The only complaint I can make is about the pretty slow internet at peak times. Apart from that, really cool hostel! Would definitely recommend to my mates (and come back) :^)

My friend paid for a bed in a 4 bed dorm room checked in and received the room number she was in, Came back that night to find that her bed was taken and they had over booked the room. So she didn't have any where to sleep and paid for the whole thing.

• 10th Oct 2014

Hi, We take your concerns very serious and would like to apology for the incident with your friend. If your she really had to pay without having a bed for this night, we would of course like to compensate the missed night. Please tell her to get in touch with us. Kind regards, Marco @ Sunflower Hostel Berlin