Sunflower Hostel Reviews

Helsingforser Str. 17, 10243 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Wi-fi worked only in reception. Only one key per room, difficult system with door-code. Staff was wonderful, good location, very clean

cool hostel good location super helpful staff really good atmosphere, just no wifi in the rooms and only some of the rooms had kitchens so you have to request a room With a kitchen which cost the same as one Without but overall really good hostel

The wifi worked very badly in the room. You had to sit in the reception to use it

Had a great stay at the sunflower hostel, the staff was great and the rooms clean. The only problem was getting there, the directions are a little unclear so just make sure to get your own directions before you get there to save yourself the trouble

• 14th Nov 2014

This is a spacious hostel with large lockers that is well organised. Unfortunately the wifi only seems to work in the reception/common/bar area and there is an annoying scheme that requires one's social media to be spammed with an advert for the hostel. I also had problems with firefox tabs. Additionally, there is only one key per room and, humans being lazy, this detracts from room security as well as being inconvenient.

I spent three days at SunFlower Hostel. The hostel has great Location (very close to Kreutzberg), especially if you like clubbing. The Staff is very friendly and very kind. The rooms are very cleaned and the bathroom too. The Hostel's atmosphere is very nice, you can meet other travelers and new friends. For sure next visit in Berlin I'll come back to SunFlower Hostel. I really recommend it!!

• 12th Nov 2014

Great hostel. My only complain is that the internet is very slow. Not a big deal if you are web surfing but video streaming is not always possible.

They had everything we needed although a lot of things cost extra (breakfast, computers, washers)

Everyhting ok. Cheap and perfect. Like every hostel should be everywhere.

Friendly staff, very nice breakfast, clean, great location, amazing vibe for lonely travellers as me. And if all of this wasn't already enough, it's just some metres away from Berghain, allegedly the best club in the whole world (even though it sucks to manage to get in there). The only complaint I can make is about the pretty slow internet at peak times. Apart from that, really cool hostel! Would definitely recommend to my mates (and come back) :^)

My friend paid for a bed in a 4 bed dorm room checked in and received the room number she was in, Came back that night to find that her bed was taken and they had over booked the room. So she didn't have any where to sleep and paid for the whole thing.

• 10th Oct 2014

Hi, We take your concerns very serious and would like to apology for the incident with your friend. If your she really had to pay without having a bed for this night, we would of course like to compensate the missed night. Please tell her to get in touch with us. Kind regards, Marco @ Sunflower Hostel Berlin

I originally booked at Sunflower for 5 days at the beginning of my move to Berlin, and ended up staying for three weeks until I found a flat. The staff was SO helpful. They all seem to know everything about Berlin. The atmosphere fluctuated a lot. Some nights it seemed like a party hostel, while other nights it was full of high school students on school trips. Still, it's an enormous hostel that accommodates a lot of guests, so it's very easy to meet people and make friends.

• 8th Oct 2014

Hostel was okay and pretty quirky. The rooms were very clean as was the linen and the showers however there wasn't much of an atmosphere at the place and the common area wasn't fantastic.

I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere, but I don't think it was the hostels fault. We had a German student group there during my stay and also 2 long term residents in my room. So meeting people wasn't too great when I was there. I ended up going to hangout at a different hostel. However, it was a nice place with a bar, clean rooms, good kitchens, and decent lounge. Also it is walking distance to some decent clubs if that tickles your fancy.

Location is excellent; right at the border of Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg. The bar below serves cheap alcohol and the staff is well travelled and friendly. I couldn't figure out what their room cleaning schedule was but everything was rather clean. The atmosphere is also nice, not only a lot of young travelers but also middle-aged/old people some of whom were staying there long term. The people were, in general, eclectic, as you would expect in Berlin :p

It was a nice hostel, very friendly and social atmosphere. More like a party hostel depending on who was in your room - for me, lots of people cooking and singing every single night, instead of going out in Berlin. If you're into this kind of thing, it's the hostel for you. Floors in the bathroom were really dirty because some guests never put the curtain around the shower. Security was a bit worrying - one key for the whole of the room and rooms were left open to everyone in your area 24/7.

I thought the hostel awesome, me and my friend stayed in a 8 bed room, and I loved the way they organize the room, with each 2 bed in a side of the room, but located in the middle of the room. It's more comfortable and gives more privacy. :)

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

The atmosphere of the hostel was great! They have a bar together with the reception that you can go there grab a beer and make new friends, also you can drink before go to the nightclubs. It was near one of the most well-known Berlin's Wall Gallery in the oriental part of the city. Nice staff as well ;D They only need to improve the kitchen, it is just ok.

Loved this hostel!

The hostel was excellent. Great location next to all the thriving nightlife and youth of the city. The staff was very helpful and all had great attitudes.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7