Sunflower Hostel Reviews

Helsingforser Str. 17, 10243 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

This was my first stop on a first trip alone. It is placed outside of the most touristy part. The staff is very friendly and it has been very easy to meet other travellers. It has literally been enough to say "hello" to get new friends. I would recommend for people travelling solo!

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Norway

What an amazing hostel!! Staff were super helpful after it transpired that I'd booked for July of August, helped me and my friend find the cheapest option for our stay. The room was clean, and as there were only 2 of us in our room the fact that there was only 1 key was no issue. All-you-can-eat breakfast well worth the 3€ we paid. Only issue is that it's a fair bit outside of Berlin. But close to a U- and S-Bahn station and only around 5 stops from Berlin Hauptbahnhof. Atmosphere was great too!

Sunflower is definitely where you want to book. It's a five minute walk from the S train, which will get you just about anywhere in the city. It's close to some great bars and clubs and all sorts of shops. My only recommendation is that the hostel should host events or plan activities. It was a bit difficult meeting new people at this hostel because everyone sort of did their own thing. Oh and if you book here, you must take the alternative walking tour with Nichole. Amazing.

Apart from 1 really nice guy at the reception staff are super rude and you feel like you're annoying them with any questions. Wifi does NOT work!!!! Had to go to a cafe to book our next trip. When we got into our room it hadn't been cleaned from the day before, rubbish all over the floor, toilet a mess, sink disgusting, bins overflowing and then it didn't get cleaned until the next day. On a positive location is perfect really close to train station and all the cool hangs.

• 21st Jul 2015

We absolutely loved our double private room at Sunflower. We had great security and enjoyed the fantastic location (the station and good food and drink are very close). Happy hour at the hostel bar is also great (as is the 3€ breakfast), make sure to try the watermelon cocktail. The WiFi was very poor throughout the hostel however.

I was traveling alone and the hostel was great for meeting people! the location was perfect, right in the middle of some great nightlife and right across the river from kreuzberg. I was impressed with how clean everything was with the size of the hostel. the walls are thin though and since my room was next to the kitchen it could get a bit loud, so if you're a light sleeper definitely bring some earplugs!

Was making my way to the hostel when I saw the area around it, I turned around and let. Since it was located In East Germany, the area looks very run down and dirty, expecially near the S-bahn. Talked to someone about the hostel who said he really enjoyed his stay.

Staff are really helpful, the bar is a great spot to meet other travellers and the hostel is close to really cool clubs, bars, hangout spots and most importantly, cheap places to eat. There was an issue with one of the doors leading to the dorms not opening or closing properly, but the staff did what they could to fix this problem quickly.

Everything was great, kitchen for each floor is awesome. But the one thing that should be done is to get a really better Wi-Fi... Damn it is slow, even Facebook had problems to load. How can we stay in touch with people if we can't get online at our hostel...

Great atmosphere, great facilities, great staff, amazing location. I loved my stay here.

This hostel made my Berlin trip. Amazing bar, spacious bathrooms, ample power points, in-house laundry, great breakfast, the common room is great and the dorms are huge with loads of room. But the best part is the staff: special shout out to Ben S for making my stay what it was, such a good guy and honorable mentions to Dennis and Ben W. All the staff were amazing though & extremely helpful. Everyone I met extended their stay at this hostel because it was so f'ing fab. Be there or be square yo!

I had a good stay here and would go back. I liked the individual bathrooms because of the privacy, big bonus, but hated that there were only 2 for half a floor (4 room - about 10 girls getting ready in the morning). Could easily be solved by adding some mirrors/ sinks somewhere for make-up or toothbrushing. The staff was so helpful and nice, answering every concern and helping every time i needed something. I liked the 1 kitchen/4 rooms because it allowed people on the same floor to meet.

• 7th Jul 2015

Excellent atmosphere, located in one of the most fantastic areas of Berlin

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Fantastic backpacker accommodation. Atmosphere is really good, and location is near the really cool warehouse clubs so great for those looking to party.

Cute little hostel! Fans would be recommended since it gets so hot. Other than that, great stay for the price!

such great staff, awesome hostel. had an incredible experience

Really loved this hostel! Great atmosphere and a great place to meet people!

I loved sunflower! Such an awesome chill vibe in the lobby/bar area. Big tables make it easy to meet people. Great patio. Had a very "community-oriented feel." Not exactly the cleanest and did not have the most comfortable beds but had a good atmosphere. Also in a great neighbourhood with great restaurants and bars near by.

Sunflower Hostel is where I came after a long plane ride from NYC, it has a party vibe but very nice staff and environment. The location is excellent and the wifi is adequate but not great. For a social experience it's a good scene, there are many good people hanging out and it is just a block from Berghain, Berlin's biggest nightclub. It is not a place to chill though and if you're looking for that there are better options. Overall I can say I love this place, and I would recommend it.

Loved staying here! Met so many nice people, clean, helpfull staff and great atmosphere!

• 25th Jun 2015