Sunflower Hostel Reviews

Helsingforser Str. 17, 10243 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

It was a nice hostel, very friendly and social atmosphere. More like a party hostel depending on who was in your room - for me, lots of people cooking and singing every single night, instead of going out in Berlin. If you're into this kind of thing, it's the hostel for you. Floors in the bathroom were really dirty because some guests never put the curtain around the shower. Security was a bit worrying - one key for the whole of the room and rooms were left open to everyone in your area 24/7.

I thought the hostel awesome, me and my friend stayed in a 8 bed room, and I loved the way they organize the room, with each 2 bed in a side of the room, but located in the middle of the room. It's more comfortable and gives more privacy. :)

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

The atmosphere of the hostel was great! They have a bar together with the reception that you can go there grab a beer and make new friends, also you can drink before go to the nightclubs. It was near one of the most well-known Berlin's Wall Gallery in the oriental part of the city. Nice staff as well ;D They only need to improve the kitchen, it is just ok.

Loved this hostel!

The hostel was excellent. Great location next to all the thriving nightlife and youth of the city. The staff was very helpful and all had great attitudes.

So cool hostel located just where everything you want is. It is located with walking distance to the cool parts of Berlin and only a two-minute walk from East Side Gallery. I will definitely recommend this hostel! Loved the atmosphere.

Awesome atmosphere back at the hostel and it's right behind one of the best clubs in Berlin. Staff was really helpful too. Had great info and suggestions for our visit in Berlin.

schmick schmack!!! nice, bueno, good!

• 15th Jul 2014

Nice hostel loved the apartment setup of the room I was in. Nice to have the kitchen right there. Location isn't really central but it's easy to take the s bahn in to see the major sights and the area that's around the hostel pretty cool as well. Only complaint is that there was a smell... a weird smelly smell but it may have just been someone in my room and not the hostel in general.

HUGE MISTAKE. It's in a pretty poor location in a dingy part of the city, but that's not the main issue. I was put in room 321, occupied by 3 permanent residents, a creepy mid 40's guy, and mid 30's cross dressing male. Which is fine other than one of them tried to steal from my bag as they had used more than 1 locker. I reported it to staff who then spoke to one another in German so I wouldn't hear. Also it was full of children on school trips. The Australian bar maid was nice and helpful

Way too expensive and unpleasant staff

The hostel is a great location in that you can very easily walk to the East Side Gallery. Unfortunately that means it's a bit of a trek to central Berlin, but I personally didn't mind it. The staff there was really friendly and helpful and everyone at the hostel was nice. It was a great place to meet people! The rooms weren't overly exciting but they were clean as well as were the bathrooms. Only complaint is that the wifi doesn't reach the rooms so you have to sit in reception.

Sunflower was located in a slightly sketchy, dark area though near a lively neighborhood. We didn't feel like the value was there as we had just come from another hostel nearby where we had many more amenities

Great Hostel.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Nice and clean, well located, and the bar on the ground floor is good to meet people. However it's a big place and unfortunately there's some kind of weird acoustic and you can hear all the other rooms/toilets so very noisy in the night/morning. Some of the staff was very nice, others a little cold (busy I guess). Good value breakfast.

I left booking until last minute, and this hostel was the only one left in my price range. As a lone female traveller, wouldn´t stay in this area. Stay in the Mitte area. The hostel caters for big groups so was hard to meet people, plus everyone was on phones in the common room. Good breakfast though. Clean rooms. Staff weren´t so friendly. The price of beds increase as the rooms fill up which is a massive rip off. I cancelled my last night which was 30 euros. They refunded me which was nice.

Quite easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great friendly staff, offer walking tours, brill rooms and amazing atmosphere in which to meet people.

Was travelling on my own, and this hostel was a great place to meet people and see all the sights.

• 24th Jun 2014

+ Very cool hostel helpful and friendly staff great location breakfast is okay - not enough toilets

The receptionnist was incredibly nice and the hostel really pretty and original. The location is perfect : easy to arrive (3 metro stations after alexander platz) and just the best place to go out... I fell in love :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7