Sunflower Hostel Reviews

Helsingforser Str. 17, 10243 Berlin, Berlin, Germany

The location was great. Berlin is huge so wherever you stay you'll need to get the metro but you can walk to Alexander Platz in 30min and the areas nice. Was very disappointed when we arrived to find the kitchen facilities were only available for certain rooms- false advertising. Only one key for each room so always open if someone is in there- take a padlock! Bathrooms shared between many and not clean (but not disgusting). Atmosphere was ace and all you can eat breakfast for €3 was good too.

very friendly staf although an unfortunate situation happened to me they handle it very fast and very professionaly

A little bit good and just it!

One would have never thought once Inside sunflower hostel it is dark and gloomy and Sesame Street adorns the walls. I would have never felt this is possible but I felt dirtier after showering. People's razors and underwear were everywhere and the floor left a black film on your feet. The area isn't the safest feeling area in Berlin and next to a sketchy park. If you want to party And be by clubs I guess you can say it's a good area. The people who work there are super nice and friendly however.

• 20th Aug 2015

we can't lock the door at night and this is really annoying. the location is good for the nightlife and it is near to the tube. the atmosphere is good but the hostel doesn't organize events. I recommend the alternative free tour. I really liked the breakfast.

My second stay at the Sunflower hostel but in one year not really much has changed. Room security is poor as there is only one key per room and the last person to get up and go to the showers is not going to lock the room while he/she is away. Wifi is very slow so in the end I paid £5 a day for roaming charges on my phone. Otherwise good staff and location. I recommend that they make a kitchen available for everyone and they institute a happy hour if they want to sell more beer.

I've never seen a hostel-kitchen which was cleaner than the kitchen of the sunflower hostel. The staff was always very polite and helpful in every situation. The rooms are beautiful, each one has it's unique design with painted walls. I would recommend this hostel to everyone who's going to Berlin!

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

A lot of the staff members would give us attitude when we asked questions about Berlin. They were not friendly at all. I don't know when or how frequently the bathrooms were clean but every single time I used the shower it was dirty or there was hair on the drain. The WiFi did NOT work properly. We were in Berlin for three days and it was frustrating because WiFi was the only way of finding information for Berlin, using maps, checking bank accounts and checking emails.

Loved that there was a kitchen on each floor. Wifi was horrible!

Toilets are not in the cleanest condition towards the end of the day. Please install pedestal fans for the hot summer days when the column of mercury reaches 35-36°C. The staff is amazing and the small breakfast buffet for 3€ is also good.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • India

Good things: location and atmosphere Bad things:only having one key per dorm was really annoying and felt unsafe having door unlocked at night, worst internet ever couldnt send email and have to pay to use computer for decent connection, no kitchen, had to fill up water bottles from bathroom which tasted bad, bathroom itself smelled like mould, no shelves in showers, cleaners blast music in morning, no mirrors in dorms, which also smell like mould but different mould to the bathroms

SunfloWer is a great place to chill with a buch of people, its close to a lot of stuff anything you need, my only thing about this place is really thethe WIFI, but hey whatever

friendly place in a good location.

Very clean and a great atmosphere. The wifi was the only problem.

Great atmosphere at sunflower hostel! They're very kind and nice. Recommended!

• 27th Jul 2015

This was my first stop on a first trip alone. It is placed outside of the most touristy part. The staff is very friendly and it has been very easy to meet other travellers. It has literally been enough to say "hello" to get new friends. I would recommend for people travelling solo!

What an amazing hostel!! Staff were super helpful after it transpired that I'd booked for July of August, helped me and my friend find the cheapest option for our stay. The room was clean, and as there were only 2 of us in our room the fact that there was only 1 key was no issue. All-you-can-eat breakfast well worth the 3€ we paid. Only issue is that it's a fair bit outside of Berlin. But close to a U- and S-Bahn station and only around 5 stops from Berlin Hauptbahnhof. Atmosphere was great too!

Probably the best location you could ask for. WiFi was absolutely awful. Staff weren't very pleasant to deal with most of the time either. Never felt overly welcomed and always had to wait for a key to get into our room. Kitchen was very handy however.

Great atmosphere and friendly people. Unfortunately the rooms are not exactly sound proof and not everyone is quiet when coming back from the city at 3 a.m. the wooden key numbers on the key rings tend to knockon the doors and increase the noise. We had a private double bedroom which was only slightly cheaper than regular hotel (****, yes 4*) deals you can find on the Web. So, for couples, friends etc. Going to Berlin and not needing stuff like a washing machine I'd recommend a regular hotel.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Austria

Sunflower is definitely where you want to book. It's a five minute walk from the S train, which will get you just about anywhere in the city. It's close to some great bars and clubs and all sorts of shops. My only recommendation is that the hostel should host events or plan activities. It was a bit difficult meeting new people at this hostel because everyone sort of did their own thing. Oh and if you book here, you must take the alternative walking tour with Nichole. Amazing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7