Sunflower Hostel Reviews

Carrera 27 # 3 - 07, San Fernando, Cali, Colombia

This was a good deal. I would recommend. It's a good price for what it is. Has wifi and brekfast included (although pretty basic). Close to la loma and walking distance from tourist places. Staff super helpful and friendly. The day we checked out my partner and I had a bus late at night. The hostel let us store our stuff there all day with no charge and even let us use a room to change and use bathrooms etc.

Not a bad hostel, but not great. Staff is friendly but the place could be a little cleaner. The bathroom had mold on the ceiling and the kitchen was always a little dirty. Dusty fans made my allergies act up a bit. Other than that it was a fine place for the price

I was here during Feria so the hostel was full which may have contributed to my rating for cleanliness - this was only in the bathrooms at times. I was told my room would be ready by 12, but had to push to get the staff to wake up the sleeping person in my room at almost 2pm. Other than this, everything else was great. I loved the location because it was away from the other hostels & a really nice, safe area. Great courtyard to hang out, kitchen & great staff. I would go back

We had an amazing time! Sunflower has a great community of people living, working and staying there.

• 26th Dec 2014

We only stayed one night for a quick stopover - really nice guy from Australia checked us in but one other member of staff was a bit strange! Fine hostal for a quick stop-over! Restaurants nearby.

Only had a quick overnight stop before heading north. It seemed like a good hostel and served our needs well.

excellent! 100% recommended. advise: taxe the bus from the airport (5000 col pesos) to the main bus terminal and then take a taxi to the hostel (9000 col pesos more or less) thanks for everything! location is perfect, amazing staff

Hola Fue un gusto tenerte, estamos muy felices de haber cumplido tus espectativas de estadia aqui en la capital de la salsa, y en Sunflower Hostel. Esperamos regreses pronto amigo. Lili, Gloria y Jairo

Really great staff. Place was in a great location. Very clean and breakfast was good. Great coffee. Very good restaurants and supermarkets nearby. Had a few lovely days.

The owners of the Sunflower were really great, and are the best part about this hostel. Its also close to the Parque de Perro, has free breakfast, a good spot to stay in Cali.

One of the best hostels in South America. Safe, clean, excellent position and the best is Jairo the owner. This is not a "party" place but perfect for knowing Cali. Perfect, perfect, perfect

Nice chilled hostel. Owner was really nice and put on a bar-b-que on the Sunday. Social area downstairs and upstairs were both good and better than average Kitchens. Would stay again.

Nice place to stay in cali. Friendly, helpful staff, decent breakfast, working wifi.

Very nice hostel, felt like home. V clean. They have a BBQ for the guests every friday, always playing salsa music & offering free dance lessons. Lots to do within walking distance, including some of the best salsa bars (fantasic combo of language exchange and salsa every monday, and was free) As always, the most important thing is the staff, and they were excellent. Always smiling, and the owners really make you feel like you are visiting family, not staying at a hostel. Full marks Sunflower!

We really enjoyed our stay in this family-owned hostal and went there twice. The staff is exceptional friendly and we got twice a big doble room for a good price-value. There are two kitchens, several bathrooms, a TV room, a garden and a good wifi. We also felt very safe during our stay and they have a 24h reception.

Thank you, thank you very much for your feedback, glad nothing much as our hearts when we help with all the gusto and received words that have written. Thanks for your rating. Sunflower Hostel is your home in Cali. Jairo and Gloria

The Family was really nice and helpful. Rooms and Bathroom was clean and the location was near to all the hotspots. We spent new years here and even when you are far away from home the family gives you a good feeling. Nice people in the hostel. Best place to stay in Cali!!!

I stayed here over the Feria in Cali (end of december) in a 4 (or 5?) bed-dorm and I really enjoyed it. The hostel has two parts and especially the part with the 5 bed-dorm and two private rooms is more like an appartment with a big kitchen and living area. But also the "main" part of the hostel is great and it's easy to get in contact with other ones or find a place just for yourself. PRO: location, salsa-class (!!!), wifi, matresses, staff, social-area - CON: just a small outside area

Hi . We really liked that you were in Sunflower Hostel, thank you very much for your valuation, and thank you very much for your comments. Keep enjoying the Cali salsa. Jairo and Gloria

This was my second stay at the Sunflower pacific. This is a class establishment that has a friendly and professional staff that is extremely helpful. They go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and at home. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone that is looking.

Hi, you're very kind, your valuation is very important, and your words help us to continue doing our job and same taste and love always. Thank you.

This is a great hostel run by a wonderful Cali family--located in a safe neighborhood near transport, cheerful decor, impeccably clean, excellent kitchen; friendly, helpful staff. They do their best to make you welcome at the hostel, and in their city, and to provide helpful information about events and travel. They are fun people, and while I was there they hosted meals and salsa lessons, and several times they came out to party with us hostelers. Highly recommended.

Great experience at Sunflower. Easy walk or bus into the centre, close to restaurant and bar options. Clean rooms, good wifi. Staff were excellent, helping me find another place to stay when I got sick and needed somewhere to rest up for a few days. Would definitely recommend.

Hi , hope your health now this excellent. Thanks for your comments and thank you very much for your rating.

Very friendly staff.

• 4th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

You are very kind to your rating. Thanks for your comments and thank you very much for your rating.

« first « Prev 1 2 3