Sunhouse Backpackers Reviews

Rua Altenor Vieira 377 Lagoa da Conceicao, Florianopolis, Brazil

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in South America. The place is very clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is perfect. We arrived after a long journey from Rio and the owner gave us a very warm welcome. He also gave us good advice on places to see on the island, where to have a good meal and how to get around. The vibe was so good that I ended up staying over 3 weeks when I was meant to stay 3 days. Definitely recommend this hostel.

Not a bad hostel. The owner seems really nice but his true colours soon show. Demands payment up front, charges 30reis ($15US) to use the washing machine.. And even charges to use the facilities after checkout (if waiting for a night bus, flight) had to pay 5 reais to use the kitchen... No breakfast and no bag storage anywhere. If your on a tight budget not the best place to stay. The owner will squeeze every cent he can get out of you. In that regard worst hostel I've stayed at.

Gabriel was amazing and very helpful. The staff speaks good english. The private room is very small and has a scary spiral stairs.

This was my first time in Florianopolis and I really felt in my own home. I liked the atmosphere of the hostel, great place to meet people and awesome staff. So helpful and friendly! The toilets and bedroom were super clean. The hostel has a great location. Thank very much for everything especially to Gabriel.

A fantastic hostel. Staff were incredible- really friendly and gave some excellent tips on things to see and do in florianopolis. Great facilities, the place was clean, rooms were comfy and the hostel is in a good spot. Would happily stay here again!

If you are looking at my review then you have already found the right hostel... Look no further!! Just fantastic from the beginning to the end, the staff, location, fun etc etc etc is exactly what a hostel should be ... Book it, you will not be disappointed!! Thanks to everyone at sunhouse for a brilliant stay and fab NYE... X x

nice hostel with really nice staff. the owner is currently improving the hostel and he cares a lot about you having a great stay. the location is fine but it's advisable to rent a scooter to get to the beaches of the island as the hostel is located at the lagoon and buses are a bit of a hassle. would recommend it and would stay there again!

View all Florianopolis Hostels