8.4
Fabulous 138 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 138 Total Reviews
Sunny Guest House Located at Yuanyang County, Duoyishu, Pugao laozhai, Yuanyang.
China
Yuanyang Yunnan Yuanyang County, Duoyishu, Pugao laozhai
84% 138
23.0851404 102.7994799
    Rooms available

• France, Mixed Group, 25-30
2nd Apr 2016
6.0

I went there following a recommendation of our friend. The hostel is very difficult to locate. It has an amazing location with a wowing view of the rice terraces. But that's pretty much it. Apart from the amazing view, I can't see any other positive thing to mention. Meals are very expensive and you better book ahead. Cleanliness is very average. We shared the dorm with girls from the staff, which was kinda awkward and they occupied the whole space... The staff were kind though.

• Japan, Female, 31-40
22nd Feb 2016
8.0

The owner found the Chinese couple who shared a taxi with me and informed me about the local market which I really want to visit. No staff can speak English so you need to find someone (guest?)who can support you if your Chinese is not enough. At the first night there was no key for the room but the owner made the key by next morning. The facility is VERY simple and well maintained but smell in my room was something strange, due to weather? Or no bin clean up? Could be both.

14th Feb 2016
8.0

The hostel has an unbeatable location with amazing morning views over the rice terraces. However I didn't expect the hostel to be so basic in its facilities and this was the most basic place I stayed on my entire trip. Many things were broken -- shower head, toilet seats -- which made things a little less comfortable. Only one person on the staff speaks English and he isn't based there permanently. Food was pretty good, staff is pretty friendly.

• Israel, Male, 25-30
27th Jan 2016

The staff in the hostel is amazing, especially the mama. I came with a headache and she constantly tried to help and take care. Really recommend staying there.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
23rd Jan 2016
8.0

Didn't stay there, don't count my review! All I can say is that even though I couldn't get there because of weather, they didn't charge me (it was last minute noticed) which was really nice.

• bernd_kerschner9472
  • Austria, Male, 31-40
21st Jan 2016

if you want to see the rice terraces by sunrise, this is the perfect hostel to stay at - the terraces are directly below the hostel veranda ;-) Although relatively hard to find, it is very nice hostel with friendly and super helpful staff. Dorms were nice, only the shower had a double function as a toilet, which was a bit not so nice, otherwise a great hostel!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
14th Jan 2016

The views from the guesthouse were spectacular, and the staff were lovely. Ivy in particular was supremely helpful (and spoke excellent English). The guesthouse is a little off the beaten path, hard to find in the dark, but the view is totally worth it! My only issue was a little lack of organisation. Despite confirming my arrival the day before, I arrived to find my reserved bed had been given away, and when I paid, they forgot to deduct the prepaid deposit (to be fair I forgot too)

11th Dec 2015

This is a really great guest house. The location is right in the village and on the terraces with a fab view of the sunrise. No need to go on the viewing platform as the view from the hostel is fantastic. The staff are really hospitable and speak good English! Willing to go out of their way to help guests. Everything is clean and the showers are hot. You should give this hostel a try! One of my favourite stays!

Thank you very much for your love here. We are really happy to offer a such place for you to find peace. If you every happen to have time and want to come back to spend a few days, you are really welcome, also your families and friends. have a nice day.