Sunny Guesthouse Reviews

37/77 Moo 3, Soi Fuji Japanese Restaurant, Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand

One of the best guest houses I have stayed in, it was safe and secured ,in a great location and at a good price . Penzy and her husband David are really nice people, they sorted out my ferry trips to the next island. I would Defanatly recommend this guest house if you stayin in ko samui :)

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Northern Ireland

We were actually given a room in Penzy Guesthouse but they are the same building so I'm sure my review works for Sunny too! Penzy greeted us when we arrived and was a lovely host, always there to help us with any questions we had. She could also book discounted tours etc. The room was big and clean with our own bathroom. The place is only 5 mins from Chaweng beach and there are a number of bars and restaurants nearby, but it's quiet at night so you can still sleep well!

- Wifi only works on the ground floor. - Old CRT television, however DVD player and DVD collection available in lobby. - No elevator; many, many stairs. - Staff happy to help, very friendly. - Close to beach, night market, and bars / restaurants.

Wifi works on both rooms on the top floor and the lower front room.

Good, cheap guest house, just across the road from the beach.

The guest house is a 10min walk to the beach but about a 20 min walk from the lively part of chewang but u can get a taxi for 200bhat if u dnt want to walk! It is lovely and quiet so u can get a good nights rest, the owners and staff were very helpful. The only thing that we was abit wary of is u have a safe in ur room but the staff give u the code for it u cant choose it urself. Would definitely stay here again.

• 1st Mar 2015

Penzy - a friendly and caring lady who manages her hostel very efficiently. She contacted us long before we showed up in Koh Samui and always dealt with our queries thoroughly and quickly. Do spend time with her - You will only benefit from her suggestions. We were a little concerned about getting back to mainland, but she took the sting out of it. The guesthouse is a short walk to the beach, restaurants and shops, but thankfully far enough that we were not caught up in the noise.

I really liked this hostel - was very nice and the location great.

We decided to leave a horrible experience at a hostel behind and spend the extra few bucks at Sunny Guesthouse. Upon our arrival, my boyfriend and I were greeted by Penzy and her husband and were welcomed right away. They offered us complimentary tea/coffee, movies to watch in our rooms and helpful advice on how to get to our next point of interest. We had a very relaxing time here, including the long hot showers in our CLEAN bathroom. Check out the Greek restaurant down the street, to die for!

Penzy was a great host. Her and her partner are very knowledgable about Samui and are all the local help you'll need for your stay. Highly recommend... Thanks Penzy!!!

• 23rd Dec 2014

couldn't say a bad thing! penzy is so lovely and will help you with anything you need, rooms are spotless and really comfortable beds, brilliant value for money and free DVD rental a lovely touch! would recommend to anyone!

Very clean and comfortable. Staff is amazing and will help with whatever they can. Offer great discounts on tours.

The rooms are nice. Penzy takes good care of all the guests. I highly recommend. Good English, Trustworthy staff

This place was great, and I would certainly recommend it to others. Staff is very friendly and very helpful in arranging tours at a discount and accomodating specific needs. Comfortable and clean rooms, good wifi. Location close to the beach, with plenty of good food and shopping options nearby. I loved my stay in Sunny Guesthouse and would definitely go there again.

View all Koh Samui Bed and Breakfasts