Sunny Side Up Reviews

Via Antonio Veneziano, 61, Palermo, Italy

Loved staying here. Alex, the owner is very welcoming. This place feels like home. We cooked a meal with the other guests and had some good conversations into the evening. Easy to find street parking. Would come and stay again.

just three words.. best hostel in palermo.!!!!!!

We had a great stay at Sunny Side Up. Alessandro was awesome and very helpful. He gave us a great map with many things to do, told us the best places to eat and even gave us a free walking tour around the city. Great value for your money and highly recommend staying here!

We really did not enjoy our stay at Sunny Side Up. It was very cheap however not worth the few extra dollars saved. We had an early flight and only needed a bed to sleep in so we chose this property. However, the owner was not very welcoming and invited friends over to party until the wee hours of the morning so we slept very little. The kitchen and common rooms were not clean. The room itself had no windows, was very stuffy and extremely loud. Would not recommend to any budget saver!

• 18th Oct 2014

Wow. I had a really great time here.Ale does everything to make you feel at home. The showers are great, beds comfy and the breakfast is really nice. A++

I had a very good staying in the hostel which is very clean and the owner is very helpful as far as the sightseeing of Sicily is concerned.There is also small breakfast icluded in the price, the kitchen facilities are free to use and the wi-fi is free of charge.No clothes hand washing in the hostel,laundry washing for additional fee.

It's in a good location just like 10 minutes walk from city centre. We spend there just the night so I cannot tell much about. It was just fine for a night to spend.

Excellent place to stay in Palermo. Fantastic atmosphere with Alessandro.

Great hostel with great location. Everything very clean, and the owner are really helpful

• 15th Sep 2014

Staff were extremely helpful! thank you very much

In my life I've been in many hotels, hostels, B&B. I've seen everything, from the worst hostels to the best luxury hotels. But NO ONE was as WONDERFUL, amazing, nice, cool, as this one! So far the BEST B&B I've EVER been in! You feel at home as nowhere else! I love the neighborhood, you find everything there, the building is nice, windows big, a lot of air enters and you fell a freshness in those big rooms that have the taste of happiness. The host is amazing, always ready to help, a nice guy

This is a really small hostel, maybe 8 people can stay here, but it's nice in that way. Alessandro goes out of his way to make your stay exceptional. You should take bus # 122 to get to the hostel quick and easy to/from the bus/train station. Breakfast is included with tea, coffee, 2 pastries, and corn flakes...and you are served when you wake up, not during certain hours. The balcony is nice--the only thing I didn't like was the smoking on the balcony with the doors open.

I had a great time here! I felt like on home! The place is beautiful and relax! The owner was really nice with me and really friendly and kind! I regreat i didnt stay more days! I definitly recommend you to sleep here! :) thank you for the nice experience!

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Mexico

- Room was ok although no too much ventilation was available in the room we got - Location: well conected by bus to centre of Palermo. Very close to Nino U ballerino (Palermitan street food) - the host speaks english and spanish - the price is quite cheap which makes it an excelent option

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Alessandro is very nice, of good advices and makes you feel yourself at home, unscared about your stuff since he is very careful with it. His place is clean and lightful... well, you should definetly like your stay at his hostel ! Espacially for this price.

Alessandro was really helpful and the location was within walking Distance of everything we needed!

It was a wonderful experience... Thanks to Alessandro, we got the chance to experience the real sicilian life... The accommodation is exactly like on the photos, clean, comfortable and nice...No doubt that is excellent value for the money

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Macedonia

Very nice place!I would suggest it to everyone,me and my friend even came back there at the end of our trip,the atmosphere is relaxed and the apartment is extremely cool ,near the city center...

• 26th Jul 2014

Great place, exceptional owner, highly recommanded!

Great stay at this B&B would recommend to anyone travelling. Great host, who was extremely helpful, had great knowledge of the area and made us all laugh. We felt right at home with free use of the facilities available. Would definitely return to this B&B if in Palermo again!

• 20th Jul 2014