Sunny Side Up Reviews

Via Antonio Veneziano, 61, Palermo, Italy

Alessandro was really helpful and the location was within walking Distance of everything we needed!

Very nice place!I would suggest it to everyone,me and my friend even came back there at the end of our trip,the atmosphere is relaxed and the apartment is extremely cool ,near the city center...

• 26th Jul 2014

Great place, exceptional owner, highly recommanded!

Great stay at this B&B would recommend to anyone travelling. Great host, who was extremely helpful, had great knowledge of the area and made us all laugh. We felt right at home with free use of the facilities available. Would definitely return to this B&B if in Palermo again!

• 20th Jul 2014

My friend and I stay at Sunny for 4 days. We had a great time, Alessandro was very nice and extremely helpful. The facilities were super clean and the atmosphere was relaxing and friendly. If I ever come back to Palermo I know where to stay =)

• 9th Jul 2014

We had a wonderful time at this hostel, the owner Alessandro showed us lots of cool places in town and was really nice. The rooms were big and the beds were good. If we ever come back to palermo we will go here again! Great hostel!

Had a lovely time!

Though a bit off the beaten path, this hostel was so unique and intimate. Alessandro was a wonderful host and I can only hope that he considered a cooking class (or two!) as part of everyone's hostel experience. The rooms were very comfortable, safe, and private (my friend and I had our own room!). The rest of the city is, for the most part, within a fifteen to twenty minute walk. We will absolutely stay with Alessandro the next chance we get to return to Palermo!

This hostel was perfekt for my needs! Just 10 minutes walk away from Politeama and 20 mins away from the University of Palermo. Hostel is clean, peaceful, friendly, and great value for money. The general manager delivers a professional and very personal service. I definetely recommend it

really enjoyed my stay, only intended on staying for two nights but ended up extending my stay to 5 nights, breakfast was simple and laid out ready. lockers were included, and Alessandro the host was great offering helpful knowledge and even provided a simple cultural tour. =]

Alessandro was definitely the coolest host we had on our travels, he provided breakfast which was simple but effective, and the area surrounding was cheap for food for all meals! we were no more than 15 mins walk from the centre. alessandro was also very helpful with info about palermo and the rest of the island, provided maps and was happy to share stories and have the chat at all times! the rooms were perfect as they were tall and did not get too hot given the time of year! 10 out of 10 for me

Great hostel and nice lounge area to cook and meet others. The owner cooked dinner with us and gave great suggestions on things to do.

Alessandro was a great host, very obliging and he made sure that you had a good stay. He was very good at showing you different places around palermo also which was great. I would definitely go back again!

I felt like home : Big nice flat , only 2 people per room for the price of a dorm , great continental breakfast , could use internet any time , even had my beers in the fridge ! To me an ideal location very near Corso Aprile , Capo and Massimo Thtre nice authentic area . Alessandro was helpful all the way , good advisor , it felt good chatting in French about social situation in Sicily , hangin' out for a drink and city insight with any other guest who wanted to join Made my trip special !

• 27th May 2014

I stayed at Sunny Side Up for about a week and i definitely enjoyed my time. Alessandro, the host, is very friendly and both good at giving advise on what to do in Palermo or to just have a nice chat with. The location of the hostel is little out of the historical centrum (however still within walking distance of the central station) which I appreciated, as it is a good opportunity to experience more of the city than just the center. The hostel is very clean and the kitchen has what you need.

The apartment in very nice and clean and the host extremly helpfull. You will enjoy a beautiful Palermo and experience the Sicilian hospitality in deed! I would strongly recommend Sunny Side to everyone!

• 7th May 2014
  • Serbia

Alessandro was a lovely host, sat down and showed us where to go in the town, gave us a map and in the evening showed us the best gelataria in town. Rooms very comfortable and location is so central.

• 4th May 2014

Was good, the guy allecsandro was very nice. The breakfast wasnt so good.

There is excellent hostel: comfortable, clear, inexpensive. Polite and good manager. If I will go again in Palermo, I will stay here again! I reccomend. Thank you! Comodo, pulito, non è caro. Il manager è gentile e bravo. Se vado ancora a Palermo resterò ancora qua. Grazie mille! Отличный хостел: удобно, чисто, не дорого! Хозяин хостела вежливый. Если я поеду в Палермо, то остановлюсь здесь снова. Рекомендую! Спасибо!

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Russia

We had a great time at Sunny Side Up. Manager Alessandro was very nice, he contacted us beforehand for arrival time and gave us good directions, and when we arrived he showed us on the map where the interesting places in and around Palermo are. The house was nice and clean. There is a living room and a balcony, and if there are more people in the hostel I am sure that you can hang out nicely there (we were alone). The hostel is around 10-15 mins walking from the city center, which is good.

View all Palermo Bed and Breakfasts