Sunny's Adelaide Backpackers Hostel Reviews

139 Franklin St, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

The hostel in general is small but pretty nice and especially the staff is really friendly and I felt welcome :-) The pancakes in the morning were awesome but you can't really sleep. The matrasses are like stones, so you can't really call them matresses because you just lay on timber. That was not that nice!

This place badly needs a renovation. Girls bathroom was broken so had to use one downstairs. I dont think its so dirty but when its old its hard to clean. Staff was nice. A bit warm. Had a fan. Didnt use the kitchen but saw people do.

Very nice staff, Free Pancakes => awesome!! Free wifi worked pretty good. Can onlu recommend this hostel.:)

I really enjoyed my stay at sunny's, the staff was really nice and friendly! They have a good price, good location, nice people, free wifi, free pancakes for breakfast and they also dropped me of at the airport after my stay, I don't think that they make this every time but it was really nice! I also forgot some of my stuff at the hostel and they sent me the things to perth :) I really recommend this hostel!!

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Austria

not a nice Hostel. Its convenient located for the Adelaide Bus Station, but other than that I wouldnt recommend this Hostel. They told us that the advertised breakfast is not going to happen, the room was way to hot, did not have AC nor 1 fan in the room at 47 degress. The bathroom was shabby and not working. they locked our luggage for hours without telling us that they would close the room, when we complaint about the fact they just smiled and didnt listen nor apologised.no Hospitality at all

Decent place, nice staff.

Great location for central bus station but bit out of town. Staff very nice. The hostel is old and pretty dirty and the facilities are pretty rough but those things don't really bother me in a hostel, it had a good atmosphere and attracted a nice bunch of people, wasn't too much of a party hostel but quite social. Rooms very very hot and beds uncomfortable unfortunately, but I really enjoyed my one night there and the people I chatted to and would go back, quality is reflected in cheap price!

Showers and toilets need a bit of restoration because they're pretty shabby. Also a few more tools in the kitchen would be good (pans, saucepans ect). The bed was ok wth clean liners. The staff was amazing! very friendly and helpful and I loved the pancakes they made in the morning! Awesome!!

Beds were beyond bad. Not clean at all and very old. The paint was peeling off the walls. With that said, the staff was really friendly and made delicious pancakes for breakfast. Very cheap, but I am not sure if it is worth it.

the staff were amazing, pancakes good too. the facilities were very run down though and the bed I had was a very thin foam mattress and missing some of the bed slats so it was a VERY uncomfortable sleep (I considered shifting after the first night) One shower was out of action, leaving two showers for the girls. Only one of the bathrooms had a mirror. There was one powerpoint in a room with 8 beds - pretty hard to charge your phone / laptop. Not much room for your bag either.

The people in the hostel are really nice, There's a good atmosphere between the staff, the longstayers and the short termers. The kitchen is small and the bathrooms are minimal, but the pancakes are amazing! I started out as short term, but a week later I'm still in the hostel and loving it!