Sunny's Adelaide Backpackers Hostel Reviews

139 Franklin St, Adelaide, Australia

I stayed in 6 beds female dorm. The bathroom was really small(there are no space to put or hang something, have to put on the floor outside bathroom) and it was no bathroom door, it was just plastic curtain.

Right next to the bus station which is the reason why I booked it in the first place. The common room (or kitchen) was pretty good. The receptionist was also quite nice. As usual across Aus there was a vast majority of long termers staying there. IDid the job, not sure I would have stayed longer than one night.

Very nice hostel with free pancakes in the morning, wifi, clean facilities and overwhelming nice and friendly staff.

Its not a nice hostel. The beds are very bad, I couldnt sleep a minute. Hard and broken in the middle, so you slept at the wood. The linen of the beds were also very disguesting. There was no security, no lockers and doors were open every time except the front door to the hostel. The facilities were okey, but we couldnt stay there longer because the other things have been so bad.

Great vibe's in the hostel and great breakfast. Godo place's to meet people. But like most people say here, it could need a nice makeover.

Awesome pancakes for breakfast. Free coffee all day long. Old mattress. Got a free parking space and I booked at the day of arrival, perfect.

Nice little Hostel with a great and friendly staff. The pancake breakfast is delicious. The kitchen is a little bit to small, when many people try to cook at the same time. Also the fridge could be bigger. But everything is clean!

The staff was helpful and friendly. Location is very convenient as it is next to the bus terminal. The hostel needs some maintenance and uplift as it gives you the impression of a doggy place although it maybe be clean. There were many long term stayers in here who were quite messy.

My 2nd home when visiting Adelaide.

Do not look at the actual building as this will put u off, it's not the best hostel in adelaide, it could do with being knocked down and rebuilding. The rooms were cramped and dirty and the beds were well passed there time. But 20 minutes after complaining I had a new mattress on my bed and had an ok stay. The staff are fantastic and the pancakes are a real delight. If you not bothered about the cosmetic side I would defo book here just for the pancakes!!!

Although the property requires a refurbishment I would happily return due to the excellent services. Dave was a mine of information and made our stay particularly enjoyable. We also enjoyed the pancakes at breakfast. A great vibe in this place.

• 27th Dec 2014

The kitchen had cockroaches in every time I went in there. The hostel was very cramped and the dorm room was boiling hot!!! It needs air con. Good central location and great that there is parking.