Sunny's Adelaide Backpackers Hostel

8.2
Fabulous 435 Total Reviews

1st Sep 2017
6.0

It was a weird vibe because most of the people were construction workers who lived there. The rooms were not great and I just was not a fan.

• Philippines, Male, 25-30
28th Aug 2017

Place is at the heart of Adelaide. Accessible to pretty much everything. One advantage to travellers is its distance to the bus terminal. Huge common room, quite spacious rooms for a backpacker. The staff are friendly and efficient. You got an instant tour guide!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2017

Probably my favourite hostel on the face of the earth. Great vibe 👌👏

• Scotland, Female, 31-40
7th Aug 2017

This hostel is ideal for anyone using the bus terminal in adelaide. Just a short walk and you are there. I have stayed here twice now, mainly for the convenience of location but also the staff go out of their way to help you. The only draw back to this hostel for me, as it was winter, I was cold at night.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
5th Aug 2017

It's a bit old-fashioned but that makes its charm. The manager and the staff were always friendly and helpful. This hostel is like a little family where everyone knows each other. I just booked half an hour before my arrival and could already check in at 10.00 am. Car parking was no problem at all. The hostel is not accessible for foreign people. Furthermore I got an upgrade to a 6 bed room. The staff cleaned the rooms every day. The only hostel I would stay again if I came back!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd Jul 2017

The owner is amazing. He made an effort to get to know me, remember who I am, and he even drove me to the airport at 5am! What a legend!

• Philippines, Male, 25-30
23rd Jun 2017

I had a great stay at Sunny's everyone was just warm and friendly. I liked how the owner went above and beyond to drive me to the airport. It's a no frills hostel with basic amenities but just what I needed for a short weekend trip.

• SWDuncan
  • Scotland, Couple, 25-30
12th Jun 2017
8.0

Owners were very helpful and friendly. Moved our beds when they realised we were a couple booked into an all male room (we didn't request this but was a nice touch). Beds were comfy and the free breakfast and tea/coffee was good. Small kitchen and nice communal dining area for people to socialise. Maybe not the cleanest but would stay again as the general atmosphere and friendliness of the hosts were worth it!

• katefoster
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
5th May 2017

Aside from Sunny's having an excellent location literally around the corner from the central bus station, the staff go above and beyond to help you out, which was absolutely invaluable to me. They gave me advice/insight on places I was going, allowed me to store my bags safely at the hostel while I went out of town for a couple days free of charge, and even drove me to the airport so I could continue on my travels afterward - I've never had such a caring and generous experience at a hostel!!

• England, Female, 25-30
5th May 2017
8.0

Lots of long termers in this place, but friendly atmosphere and staff. Decor is dated but place is really clean. Drawbacks are slow Wifi and no lockers. Was good for a one night stay.

×