Sunny's Adelaide Backpackers Hostel

Fabulous 409 Total Reviews

• katefoster
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
5th May 2017

Aside from Sunny's having an excellent location literally around the corner from the central bus station, the staff go above and beyond to help you out, which was absolutely invaluable to me. They gave me advice/insight on places I was going, allowed me to store my bags safely at the hostel while I went out of town for a couple days free of charge, and even drove me to the airport so I could continue on my travels afterward - I've never had such a caring and generous experience at a hostel!!

• England, Female, 25-30
5th May 2017
8.0

Lots of long termers in this place, but friendly atmosphere and staff. Decor is dated but place is really clean. Drawbacks are slow Wifi and no lockers. Was good for a one night stay.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
22nd Apr 2017

Really friendly staff and he even makes you breakfast each morning. Rooms are basic but comfortable and it's close to walk to the centre

• paulinaschmidt
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2017
6.0

Ich wurde sehr früh morgens nett empfangen, der Chef ist hilfsbereit. Die Atmosphäre im Hostel ist leider sehr trist, das habe ich mir von den Bildern anders erhofft... Die Ausstattung ist auf das nötigste beschränkt, Zimmer sind dunkel. Es ist sehr sauber! Die Leute waren nicht so kommunikativ, auf ein guten Morgen habe ich oft einfach keine Antwort bekommen. (Ich weiß nicht ob Leute die in das Hostel gehen alle so sind). Für 2 Tage war es ok, ich würde aber nächstes mal was anderes versuchen.

• mathieucallens
  • Belgium, Male, 25-30
13th Apr 2017
5.4

I don't understand how they get such a good rating. The place is dirty and full of tradies that live there year round. They get waisted and throw up everywhere in the bathrooms before falling asleep on the toilet bowl. Rooms are dirty and stinky and our mattresses were absolutely worn. Location is good and free pancakes in the mornings were a plus but I wouldn't go back there.

23rd Mar 2017

I don't know why but room was really hot Except that it's good hostel

• Germany, Female, 18-24
14th Mar 2017

I only stayed there for one night, but I could have stayed for longer. It was a really nice stay. It's clean and you got everything you need. The staff is really great. They were really friendly and helpful, especially when I found out that I booked the wrong date and they still gave me a place to sleep. I would definitely go there again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
14th Mar 2017

Great backpackers with a good vibe. Super helpful staff! This place has character + soul!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
9th Mar 2017
6.3

It was pretty quiet when I went and the rooms were pretty basic. I only stayed for one night so it was everything I needed. Staff were awesome and friendly.

• Denmark, Female, 31-40
8th Mar 2017

We stayed at Sunny's for 5 days - the room was small and very warm and a bit noisy. The ladies toilet downstairs can't be locked and the shower head is very low. BUT all of this dosen't matter!!! The staff is friendly, helpfull and like family. Dave makes pancakes enery morning for everyone. Pete helps with the booking of trips and so on AND he drove us to the airport himself. They go that extra mile for their guests and we would highly recommend this hostel for anyone who is going to adelaide.