SunnyLakeHostel Reviews

ul. 11Oktombri 15, Ohrid, Macedonia

Great social hostel with fantastically helpful staff. Joeko (sorry if that's not how you spell it) accompanied a group of us at 4.30 in the morning to catch a bus and sorted it out for us when it didn't turn up to get a place on another one. Thanks for everything!!

I really liked this hostel. It can be noisy at night but that depends on the people there at the time. There's a simple but tasty (and filling) breakfast and tea and coffee all day. The staff make an effort to get to know their guests and they're very helpful with anything you need. I'd definitely stay here again.

I just stayed one night, but I really like this hostel. The staff is so friendly and they make you feel comfortable. Definitely I recommend the hostel and the terrace has a really nice view.

Quality hostel with a very social atmosphere. Was my second stay here and would highly recommend.

This is a great hostel! The staff are very helpful and want to be sure you get the most from your trip. The common spaces are nice and welcoming both inside and outside +a quieter upstairs. The facilities were all clean and location is close to main pedestrian walking street with restaurants/shops/bars. Nice place to relax.

Absolutely LOVE Sunnylake Hostel!! EXTREMELY friendly staff and they are soon willing to help you with everything! Perfect location with an amazing view of Ohrid!

I've stayed in several hostels and this was one of the best. The staff were great, always there to help, give advice and have a chat with. Completely recommend!

• 8th Jun 2015

Amazing place with a super chilled out atmosphere. Staff were always helpful and made the stay so much more fun.

Didn't actually stay as I got double booked by a friend so stayed at the other hostel.

Positive review.

Staffs are nice and helpful. They tried their best to provide as much useful information as guests need, especially transportation to Albania. The kitchen is tidy but bad smell came out from the drainage. No locker is provided. And it is better to provide a key for each room, because everybody can enter the room I stayed.

If you go in Ohrid and if you search for some hostels... this is the best choise. Nice people, everyday is good breakfast and good location.

Just stayed a night on my way to Albania. Helpful staff and nice location but a bit funky to find in the dark.

Great central location and good social atmosphere. Facilities are all there and decent and clean, albeit maybe a little tired.

Great location, you can see the lake and mountains from the balcony. Easy to walk the town or take a stroll around the lake. The staff were excellent, really helpful and they've got bus schedules for just about everywhere which helps a lot. Good kitchen, nice common areas inside and out and during the season a great spot to meet other travelers. I'd stay here again.

It was my second time in SunnyLakeHostel, and I want to back there again and again.

• 5th May 2015
  • Russia

Awesome hostel and really friendly staff! The rooms are nice and clean and breakfast is included too! I would definitely recommend!

My stay at Sunny Lake Hostel was great. It is centrally located and close to main areas of interest. The vibe was relaxed and open. I was in a 4 bed door and there were lockers for everyone as well as additional storage drawers under the bunk, you just need a padlock. The kitchen is small but well stocked. Common areas are great for socializing. The owner is friendly & very very helpful. He cares about his guests. I felt safe though I would have like to have seen the front gate/door locked.

Awesome place to stay, great location, facilities and spaces to relax. Jocko is extremely helpful and welcoming, would definitely go back.

Absolutely awesome hostel! In old town, 2 minutes from water and 5 from castle! Good breakfast, rooftop lounge and basement lounge with tv. Guys running the hostel are absolutely amazing and the most comfortable hostel beds I've ever slept on!