SunnyLakeHostel Reviews

ul. 11Oktombri 15, Ohrid, Macedonia

Great hostel with an awesome owner! Zlatko rode his bike all the way to the station to give me my passport and some money. I love you Zlatko!!!

apart from the hostel being perfect. the staff is highly friendly and always talking to everybody and helping to share taxis amongst guests for example. I loved this place!

Not only are the owners/runners of the place very knowledgable about the city and the area, but also very friendly and helpful with anything you may need. Sometimes the place you stay is not only the actual physical space but the athmosphere as well. This is one of them.

Probably the most sociable hostel we've ever stayed at, really easy to meet people, lovely seating areas inside and out and the owners encourage everyone to go out together. Owners are great and really helpful, only about 10/15 mins from the beaches, overall everything perfect,highly recommend , thanks for having us!

Great hostel, knowledgable staff and happy to help.great chill out area to drink or detox and close to the main centre and the lake so didnt have to go to far to find food or entertainment.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very friendly, helpful staff Cosy, well equipped common room (tv, computer, games) Terrace with hammock Best kitchen (equipment wise) that I've ever experienced in a hostel! Private room was in an extra house, with semi-warm showers and a fridge, that didn't work

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The outdoors hangout area was great. Everyone was so nice and the location great. The day tour on the boat was so much fun. Ohrid is beautiful and sunnylake is the best place to spend your time. Would definitely come back.

Great hostel all in all. Perfect location, nice staff, breakfast included. Had amazing time at the boat trip the hostel organized at the lake. Definitely would recommend this hostel to anyone.

The hostel is run by two brothers with a lovely English accent that reminds you of how Russian criminals are portrayed in movies. However, they are extremely hospitable, friendly, laid-back. Hostel has a nice backyard with hammocks, beds are good, showers clean. Really recommendable place to stay.

Sunny Lake is the best option to stay in Ohrid. The owner is very helpful and nice. We had a nice stay!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Poland

The guys that run the hostel are absolutely great, always willing to help you out with something. However sometimes they are hard to find. Really wish there was air conditioning because the groups outside were loud but it was too hot to keep the window open.

One of the best hostel I've ever been to. Strongly reccomend it. The staff is really helpful and friendly, and the hostel atmosphere and cleanliness were perfect. Good location and also secure. Really good breakfast. Don't miss the chance to stay in this hostel.

THIS SETS THE BAR FOR ALL HOSTELS EVERYWHERE! Honestly, this is just the most friendly, most welcoming hostel the world has ever seen. The owners Nino and Gyoko were so lovely (in the Balkan not British kind of way) and really wanted to make sure we had a good time in Ohrid. They picked us up at the airport, booked us bus tickets and were just all round great hosts. The hostel itself has a great atmosphere, and our private room was spotlessly clean. If you hostel one place in life, hostel here!

This is one of my favourite hostels in the world. The owners are so friendly, and you just feel so at home. The location is also super.

Most of the facilities seemed a little run down, mainly the kitchen. The staff seemed nice at first but the one guy is really passive aggressive, he made me very uncomfortable. It's an alright hostel but incredibly difficult to find and the directions given are not helpful. Overall, I would not stay again.

Amazing hostel Atmosphere, the staff here are excellent and always up for a chat. Great back yard to chill out in.

SunnyLake is one of my absolute favourite hostels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. I have not one bad thing to say about it! The staff are incredible and very accommodating (one even drove us to the airport in his own car and took us out on the lake in their personal boat!), they go out of their way to help. The atmosphere is super chill with a party hostel vibe, the kind of place you could stay at 24 hours a day and not be bored. Lake Ohrid is breathtaking, can't wait to come back! xx

Sunny Lake Hostel has to be one of if not the best hostel I have stayed at. The location was great, just a 2 minute walk to the centre of the town. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful if they tried, they certainly made you feel welcome and went out of their way to help. I will definitely be visiting this hostel again in the future. Five days wasn't long enough.

Fantastic place. The guys running it are literally the kindest people running a hostel anywhere. Everyone is relaxed and the atmosphere is one that if you want to party, you will find a great night, but if you want to sit in you ll find a conversation

• 1st Jul 2015

Excellent hostel located just onto of old town, nice and quiet area too. The hosts are great fun making for an enjoyable stay. Not a massive party hostel but really instead just really relaxed and casual in an awesome town. 10/10

« first « Prev 1 2 3