SunnyLakeHostel Reviews

ul. 11Oktombri 15, Ohrid, Macedonia

Very friendly staff with great flexibility and always willing to provide help if needed!

We really enjoyed our stay at Sunny Lake Hostel. The staff were very helpful and friendly, and made us feel at home. It was raining the day we left, and he drove us to the bus station, so we did not have to catch a taxi. Beds were very comfortable, but the map provided was difficult to read. Overall, would definitely recommend staying here.

By far the kindest hostel owner ever!! I spent 3 nights here, and enjoyed every minute of it :) the hostel is filled with character, and charismatic charm.The facilities, Location, cleanliness and breakfast are spot on! Theres also lots of information everywhere about travelling to Albania,Greece,Bulgaria and all of the different sites with Macedonia, the amount of knowledge is tremendous :) This goes down as one of my al-time favourite places, and I will no doubt be back again, it's great!

Great hostel. Djoko was very friendly and even offered to share his food with me! Location is nice and central and facilities are good. Thanks for a great stay!

• 20th Dec 2015

Totally off season. But really comfortable. And close to main spot. I wanna come back in summer.

This is a great hostel, the location in the old town is super and very close to everything. The staff are friendly and helpful with advice on the local area. Nice atmosphere, would stay again

perfect location,excellent goyko (owner) he was so really great . Hostel has everthing what do u need ty I hope see y soon again .

Pro: Amazing roof top terrace. Lovely, friendly cleaning woman, great breakfast. Cons: Only thing that made me sad and killed my mood was the lonely fish in the very, very small fish tank. It was a fish bowl, which is already forbidden in Germany. It should be some fish in a much bigger fish tank to be species-appropriate.

Becasue I stayed off season there were only 3 people at whole hostel. Staff was so nice. Friendly, helpful. The kitchen was so durty and lack of facility (no boiling pot). They serve breakfast but not healthy at all and again no boiling pot, no tea. In addition there was no shower curtain. So after someone took a shower the toilet was all wet. The location is really close from old city but because it's really complecated road in old city I was lost.

Goyko is the boss! Soon I arrived he prepared a night of football fill with popcorns and wine :) Sunny lake is well located and it's spacious. Perfect choice for Ohrid!

Essentials were there terms of comfy bed, lockers, reasonable kitchen and good location. However, some bad points were 1) Staff/receptionist was barely there as he was attending to external needs all the time. Not a good impression when everyone is waiting around for him to return. 2) Hot water was non-existent. Cold showers are no fun. 3) Security was questionable - front door didn't lock properly meaning anyone could enter.

Super helpful staff. Great hostel!

good location. friendly and helpful staff. has all the bus and train info for all of Macedonia which is very helpful.

Good hostel!

Best hostel ever! Great atmosphere, staff and facilities. Every TV channel under the sun - no danger of missing any sporting events!

Staff was great, atmosphere was great, but facilities could be better (lockers underneath beds specifically)

This Hostel was amazing and the host was very helpful and SO nice (and funny). The location was very close to everything and the rooms were clean and quiet. There were enough bathrooms, but since there were a lot of travelers the bathroom carpets were sometimes quite damp. However the hostel in general was very clean and tidy and the local breakfast in the morning was a nice option. We definitely recommend Sunny house Hostel for couples as well as groups or single travelers.

• 17th Sep 2015

Good place with great atmosphere and nice staff.

The best place to stay in Ohrid. Amazing atmosphere, feels like home. The staff was the best part, never met kinder and happier people. Loved every minute at SunnyLake!

There wasn't hot water for the 4 days we were there. Staff we not interested in solving the problem.

« first « Prev 1 2 3