SunnyLakeHostel Reviews

ul. 11Oktombri 15, Ohrid, Macedonia

Very clean (more than I expected after some if the comments here). Fun, laidback vibe, easy to meet people.

Everything about this hostel is great. The staff especially are very helpful and will go out of their way to make sure you have a pleasant stay and help you to your next destination. Would absolutely come back here.

Nice, clean and social

Amazingly friendly hostel with cool communal areas and great staff. Thanks, Captain!

Had a really good time in the hostel. The 2 guys running it do a good job & help the guests a lot. Also liked the athmosphere of place: several guests from all corners of the world & could chat, share idea so it was exciting even if the high number of guests was a bit annoying so was the singing after 11pm but it was OK on holiday. Since there're several guests the hostel should more take care of the cleanliness (hair in sinker, bedbugs in bed) but If I went back to Ohrid I'd stay here again.

Amazing hostel! Staff are absolutely phenomenal and know everything there is to know about things to do in the local area, transport etc. Great atmosphere- love the chill out area in the back yard.

A wonderful amazing fun place to be! The staff was so helpful and cool and kind and so funny! The people do friendly. The whole place is super clean, great breakfast, movie night, games and all. A great adress! We will definitely be back to Sunny Lake Hostel!!

The hostel has a great atmosphere and it is really easy to get along with the other guests. The brothers who run the place are very kind and helpful, and they show all the premier league football (a big plus for me). We had a private room which was in the building next door, and although it was clean it was perhaps in need of some new furniture. The hostel is 5-10 mins from the lake and the centre of town but was a little difficult to find when we first arrived. Luckily all the locals knew it!

It's more like a little paradies than a hostel, staying there is so awesome and chilled, I haven't experienced any comparable hostel yet. The owners are really laid back, too and there is just nothing to complain about this amazig place. You definitely have to stay at this unique place!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Sunny Lake, it was very easy to meet people and the facilities were great. However I got bitten by BED BUGS. When I brought this up with the owner as I was checking out he didn't seem too bothered and I still had to pay for my nights accommodation. Not an apology or an offer to wash my clothes which were consequently infested thanks to Sunny Lake. Apart from this major shortcoming I really did enjoy my time at the hostel and would recommend it once they fix this.

Awesome staff! Such a good atmosphere and vibe at this place. Definitely will return.

SunnyLake hostel has a nice atmosphere. It's very easy to make friends and engage in conversation with other guests. The guy at the reception is very friendly and careful. Drawbacks: having the breakfast was a bit uncomfortable, there was no room for everybody. Moreover, I am sorry to say that the place is infested by bed bugs (I saw some bugs on the mattress and I've been stung too). They should solve the problems as soon as possible.

Couldn't think of a bad thing to say about this place, the hosts were awesome and the place had a great atmosphere with people from all over the world, really cool hostel very clean and comfortable and Ohrid is a great town. Would recommend this place to everyone!

• 24th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

If you want to meet people, this is the place. Very helpful staff and a 2 minute walk to EVERYTHING.

Good vibes!!! Go for it!

Great hostel, great owners. Super friendly and willing to help with anything. It's a equally nice space, too.

Good hostel in the centre of the old town. Close to main attractions and the water. Friendly owner, very helpful. Bathrooms are a bit dirty but not too bad. Easy to meet people in the common area.

There was a problem with our booking when we arrived. Looked like staff doesn't really care. They were busy talking to the girls. We stayed for two nights and there was no hot water at all. Bathrooms were very dirty and you have to be very lucky to find free bathroom. Kitchen is very small for the size of hostel. Location is great and that's a big plus.

Great hostel I would definitely stay here again! Great vibe, friendly staff, super clean, perfect place for meeting fellow travellers as are two busy common areas! After 11pm you are made to move inside so the noise doesn't disturb those who are keen for a quiet night. Breakfast is tasty but hefty, bread filled with all kinds of delicious things! The guys are super helpful and fun!

Simply the best.