SunnyLakeHostel Reviews

ul. 11Oktombri 15, Ohrid, Macedonia

I liked a cozy atmosphere / really nice and friendly owner / free breakfast / big storage for luggages / the view from the terrace. It would've been nice if I could've used wifi in my room.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Japan

SunnyLakeHostel is the place to stay in Ohrid if you want to have a good time!! It's perfectly located, beds are comfy, common areas are great, breakfast is good and abundant but most of all the staff is awesome!! Gyoko (the owner) made absolutely everything in his power to make my stay in Ohrid memorable!

Very nice place ... Personal so friendly ... an amazing breakfast ... but no simple to find it ... but after it's cool ...

Great social hostel, balcony was a great place to hang out - owners were great and a super short walk to the lake.

A really nice host, close to tourist spot, beautiful common room

Another lovely hostel with super welcoming and warm staff. One of those places you just want to come back to one day. Good location although it takes a wee while to find it (locals know though :) relaxed and laid-back atmosphere, and an extra view over the lake from the balcony to make your morning coffee taste even better. Would recommend to anyone visiting Ohrid!

Good hostel. Only bad thing I remember myself is that the shower wasn't really warm.

Sunny Lake is a fantastic hostel and I would recommend staying here when visiting Ohrid. The hostel itself is very clean and has a great common room where you can meet and hang out with other travellers. The staff are very friendly and give you good information about the town and the location is a short walk from the centre and all of the attractions. Definitely stay here if you are visiting Ohrid!!

Fantastic location and great staff.

Very clean (more than I expected after some if the comments here). Fun, laidback vibe, easy to meet people.

Great vibe of the place! Hostel was full while I was there, and everyone was happy. Great breakfast and balcony for relaxing. Had some bathroom issues, but negligible. Comfortable and good place. The people you meet here are top notch. :)

Everything about this hostel is great. The staff especially are very helpful and will go out of their way to make sure you have a pleasant stay and help you to your next destination. Would absolutely come back here.

Nice, clean and social

Amazingly friendly hostel with cool communal areas and great staff. Thanks, Captain!

Had a really good time in the hostel. The 2 guys running it do a good job & help the guests a lot. Also liked the athmosphere of place: several guests from all corners of the world & could chat, share idea so it was exciting even if the high number of guests was a bit annoying so was the singing after 11pm but it was OK on holiday. Since there're several guests the hostel should more take care of the cleanliness (hair in sinker, bedbugs in bed) but If I went back to Ohrid I'd stay here again.

Amazing hostel! Staff are absolutely phenomenal and know everything there is to know about things to do in the local area, transport etc. Great atmosphere- love the chill out area in the back yard.

A wonderful amazing fun place to be! The staff was so helpful and cool and kind and so funny! The people do friendly. The whole place is super clean, great breakfast, movie night, games and all. A great adress! We will definitely be back to Sunny Lake Hostel!!

The hostel has a great atmosphere and it is really easy to get along with the other guests. The brothers who run the place are very kind and helpful, and they show all the premier league football (a big plus for me). We had a private room which was in the building next door, and although it was clean it was perhaps in need of some new furniture. The hostel is 5-10 mins from the lake and the centre of town but was a little difficult to find when we first arrived. Luckily all the locals knew it!

It's more like a little paradies than a hostel, staying there is so awesome and chilled, I haven't experienced any comparable hostel yet. The owners are really laid back, too and there is just nothing to complain about this amazig place. You definitely have to stay at this unique place!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Sunny Lake, it was very easy to meet people and the facilities were great. However I got bitten by BED BUGS. When I brought this up with the owner as I was checking out he didn't seem too bothered and I still had to pay for my nights accommodation. Not an apology or an offer to wash my clothes which were consequently infested thanks to Sunny Lake. Apart from this major shortcoming I really did enjoy my time at the hostel and would recommend it once they fix this.

« first « Prev 1 2 3