SunnyLakeHostel Reviews

ul. 11Oktombri 15, Ohrid, Macedonia

We had a great stay at the sunny lake hostel. Especially the staff was really nice and helpful :)

• 30th Aug 2015

It is a busy hostel a bit overcrowded in the bedrooms but helpful staff.

Nice chilled out hostel. enjoyed my stay. the brothers running it were helpful and friendly.

Sunny lake really feels like home, and it did so after day one. The two managers are brothers. They are really fun, sweet and trustworthy. As managers they couldn't do more for you. The location is absolutely amazing! I couldn't think of anywhere I would rather be in Ohrid. The place is clean and secure. Each bed has a locker. Breakfast was out each day from 7:15-10:00 ish (maybe 10:30?) there were traditional Macedonian savory pastries, juice, milk and cereal. Highly recommended!!

Sunny lake is a lovely, relaxed hostel with helpful, friendly staff and a great atmosphere with lots of nice common areas that make it really easy to meet people. Good location near centre of town, and the beds have privacy curtains which is so good. Free breakfast is awesome :)

Friendly big hostel, really sociable with people able to sit in the garden, lounge and a roof-top balcony. Definitely great for meeting other travellers. Staff were really helpful.

Sunny Lakes is a great value option in a great location. Our room was clean and the facilities were all good aside from the wifi which was often quite difficult to connect to or running slow but I think this was only in the private rooms. We were able to check in at 6am after an overnight bus which was excellent and the staff were incredibly helpful when it came to sorting out buses for our departure. We wanted to go on their boat tour but for whatever reason this kept not happening :-(

Nice terrace with view to the lake, lot of information how to come around

The staffs was awesome, but they can improve the rating by cleaning up the bathrooms and maybe put some air freshner in the hostel as the smells wasnt that nice.

Had a great location and atmosphere. Staff were extremely friendly too. In terms of 'facilities' it's a bit of a mixed bag - the communal areas (terrace, kitchen, tv room, garden lounge) were brilliant but they don't have enough showers and toilets. I think there were two toilets downstairs and another two shower/toilet rooms - you could be waiting ages before having a shower which was then cold. Apart from that this is an excellent hostel, and I'd still recommend it and the town of Ohrid.

Not the cleanest hostel, but surely the most friendly hostel!

great stay. owners are great and I chilled for two days exactly as planned.

Staff are friendly and the hostel has a very laid back atmosphere which is great for socialising. Toilets smelled really bad. I think there could be drain problem. Showers were intermittently warm. Kitchen seemed good and breakfast was basic but nice. We booked 2 beds and a tent but, on arrival, were told the tent was broken. We declined the offer to sleep outside with no security and shared 2 beds but were charged for 3. The security was poor- door never locked and no keys to rooms.

hi everyone It was my second stay at this hostel within two weeks. what else do i have to tell you? i really fall in love with ohrid, the people and the country. See you again Shiki Pi, Lori, Beni

It is a very homely comfortable hostel. Easy to meet people, staff very helpful and friendly. Great location and clean rooms.

Decent place. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The rooms are pretty cramped and there is only 3 showers for a lot of people. The directions to the hostel suck and no taxis would take me there.

Great atmosphere. Very nice staff. A short walk to the shops and town centre. Would come back if I ever was in Ohrid again.

I definitely suggest here because, Great atmosphere,good staff and perfect destination!! in addition, Nino was very helpful . Special thanks to him and his brother(!) Greetings from Turkey(!) I hope, we will meet again. Onur ;)

Awesome staff, great breakfast and a really fun hostel. As a solo traveller, Sunny Lake was a great place to meet others. It's easy to hang out together in the hostel, then head out as a group into town each night. Great atmosphere and some of the most comfortable beds of any hostel I've been in.

Great hostel (one of the best I have been too!) Will definitely be coming back again. Atmosphere was great to meet other travellers. Really clean, I believe the manager/owner really takes pride in his hostel. I saw him cleaning at 1030pm making sure all the facilities are clean before we headed out on the nightly outing into town. Boat trip was awesome, only negative was I only had 3 nights there. Would have liked to stayed longer. Great place to meet other travellers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4