SunnyLakeHostel Reviews

ul. 11Oktombri 15, Ohrid, Macedonia

Best hostel I've stayed at! Best blokes who own and run the hostel, too. Would recommend it to anyone.

Great stuff, friendly and willing to help, nice breakfast. Often watching football in common room :) Possition is great in old town.

Great location, owner was super helpful and friendly. Couldn't have asked for a better stay.

Hostel has a great location right off main shopping street. It's only a 2 min walk to the lake. Has a nice free Breakfast. Owner makes you feel like one of his friends through the stay, whether it's inviting you to watch soccer with him and his friends, to offering up to share the dinner he's made with you. Goes way out of his way to make your stay good. Even walked me and a fellow backpacker to the shared taxi stand to make sure we got on are way. The stay was great it's to bad I had to leave!

Very nice and friendly place to stay. Very good location! Very helpful stuff!

The best hostel experience so far. The hostel was spotlessly clean, the breakfast was just awesome and included local specialities, the view from the terrace was breath-taking. Instead of some random receptionist dude, you'll find there Gyoko, the owner of this extraordinary place, who'll double check if everythng is okay, if you know how to get to the bus station and in the end will share his mommy-made burek with you. I really felt there like home and I'm hard to please. I definetely recommend

Location: Few steps from the main pedestrian street. Staff: The owner is probably the best one I've ever met in a hostel. What a lad. Atmosphere: Bit quiet during winter but that's understandable, ohrid is a summer dest. Owner still took us to a few bars or just watched the footy with us. Would go off in summer. Kitchen is great: stove, oven, utensils. Breakfast: Cereals, toast, the owner even offered up some pastries and Macedonian spread. He doesn't see you as a dollar sign!

This hostel's owner is the best guy I have met in hostels! He was really helpful and friendly. Hostel is clean, and has good breakfast. You can watch movie or TV program. I enjoyed staying in Ohrid with this hostel. This hostel is PERFECT for tourists!

Best hostel I have stayed at on my entire European trip! Big breakfast, awesome staff and perfect location!

Great staff and chill out area - so nice to be able to watch movies in the evening. Location can't be beat. I would suggest wall mounts for the showers as it would make using much better. Kitchen is well stocked and breakfast is tasty (though basic).

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! The staff was friendly and helpful, the location couldn't have been better, the rooms were clean and very comfortable, and, of course, FREE ICE CREAM!

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very well located in the centre of town. Everything you require in a hostel

Everything was great. Can't pick any negatives. Don't know about the other dorms but in the 4 bedroom dorm there was a heater. It was toasty warm! Other friends stayed in the other dorms and had no problems with it being too cold.

Only stayed here 1 night due to time constraints but could happily have stayed here longer. They have sky sports in the common room. The owner seemed to love football, which helped as I do. The breakfast is included. Wifi works all around the hostel. Loved the balcony area. A touch tricky to find but managed to get the spray painted signs nearby. If I'm in ohrid again I will stay here

This is a lovely hostel. The guy who runs it is full of info and very helpful. It's fun to relax on the common area balcony which has water views. The kitchen needs towels for drying dishes. The breakfast is average. We would stay again although we'd bring thermals because the room was very VERY cold.