Sunpath Mongolia Reviews

Building 37-56 apartment (2 floor), (door code-13), Baga toirog, khoroo 6, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

There is no need to look anywhere else. We started at UB in another famous hostel, but was so glad we moved here. When you are a newer hostel on the block, you try harder. The staff were great, the hostel is spotless and the facilities were accessible all the time. The owner understands the need of backpackers and are excellent at arranging group tours so it is affordable for everyone.

I booked this hostel a week in advnace, arranged to be picked up from the train station, and was promised to have my tours arranged on arrival. I arrived in UB, was met with a smiling face and taken to the hostel. The hostel is in an old building, seems unusual but once you walk into the apartment.........its a bright, clean well kept place :) I was shown to my dorm, lockers with keys available. As promised, i was given all the options for the tours, booked one and it couldn't have gone better!

Had a great time with Sunpath! We did a 16 day tour in the East, Gobi and Central. Although a few teething problems in the East (not set up for tourists at all) it was great to see this area where most people hadn't seen foreigners before!! Doljmaa was lovely and our tour guide (Gala) and driver (Jagger) awesome! Just be prepared for a lot of driving as it is the only way to see most of the country. Double check your itinerary and driving times. Excellent value for money, would recommend!

Sunpath organised free pick up/drop off at the train station for us very early in the morning on our arrival and departure dates. Lovely comfortable room, great kitchen facilities, decent showers/toilets and large common room area. The owner was so helpful - we were in Ulaanbaatar for such a short time but wanted to get out of the city so she organised a driver to take us to Terelj National Park for the day (including a meal in a ger) for a very reasonable price.

We stayed here in October, and had a wonderful experience there. Cozy hostel with very helpful and great staff in a location convenient to main attractions in UB. Dolchmaa was very nice! Definitely would stay there again :)

If, like me, you are worried about ending up in a hostel where you're going to be pushed to book a tour look no further. This is the place to stay in Ulaanbaatar! The owner is about the nicest person I've come across and she really looks after the people staying there. Facilities are amazing, don't be fooled by the dingy look of the buildings (well, the whole city looks like that so...). They pick you up and drop you off at the train station for free, which is just amazing. Hope to be back!

Really good atmosphere in this hostel. Amazing pickup service after our bus ride which really helped us out.

Had a great stay here, the atmosphere was warm and the owner was eager to help with everything. Clean and comfortable.

Great hostel, clean and cosy. And very warm. The woman who runs it is super helpful. They pick you up at the train station and arrange great tours to the surroundings.

Great Price - Very good facilities - Excellent tours - Extremely helpful manager

Nice little hostel spread over two locations. Booked an amazing one week Gobi tour with them. Our guide Pugi was amazing and full of info. Really east to meet other travelers here and get groups together to do tours. They picked us up at the train. Location walking distance to virtually everything in UB.

My husband and I had such an amazing experience staying at Sunpath. Their free pickup and drop-off from the train station went above and beyond what is required of a hostel, their staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and their tour options were flexible and content-filled. Our tour offered more sights and experiences that we had expected, gave us a fascinating insight into present-day and traditional Mongolian culture, and brought us to stunning vistas in the national park nearby.

A nice, clean and well run hostel with a lovely room and an unexpected pick up from the train station by our host which was very welcome. Good location and great value for money. It was altogether really good and kept extremely clean by the staff - probably the cleanest hostel I have stayed in! Comfy bed and good facilities. Breakfast very basic (bread and jam).

Really helpful staff, Even tho I did not book a tour. I have stayed at other places as well, and this one has really good atmosphere.

The lady who manages the hostel Dolmajaa is amazing. She's like the fairy godmother who tries her best to arrange things for you. The other staffs are very helpful and nice. The hostel is very very clean and the ladies who are working in here makes sure that it stay clean. The hostel is very well organised with good facilities in the kitchen and rooms (like, including adaptors!!) If I have the chance to visit Mongolia again I will definitely choose this hostel!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

This was the best hostel we have ever stayed in. The facilities are clean and atmosphere homely. The manager went above and beyond to help us out. They even delivered a bag to us at the train station that we accidentally left behind. We also went on a tour booked through the same company. Our tour guide Bilguun and our driver Bat-ulzi were amazing. Bilguun is a top notch tour guide with brilliant English and a lot of knowledgable. Both are very good at their jobs. Thanks for a great experience

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Has a relaxed atmosphere with thick, soft carpets all over. Stable wifi too. Also arranges tours, we took at 5 day tour which was great fun. Can totally recommend it.

Amazing hostel owner, Dolmajaa! She really goes out her way to make your stay pleasant. She knows everything about Mongolia and she makes any tour happen at the last hour. Plus, the hostel is really, really clean all the time. I love a clean hostel. You can't beat the price. Highly recommend.

Very clean hostel with nice owners. Pickup from the train station was included and they were waiting for us. A bit disorganized when it came to bed assignments, but other than that it was a great stay.

The location is very good. I would have someone meet you because it would be very hard to find on your own. There is not a very big sign. The rooms are large and the common area is very open. The kitchen is a very good size. Hot water occasionally goes out but if you shower at off times it is nice and hot. Internet is good but again occasionally goes out. I stayed at Sunpath and another hostel while in town and I preferred Sunpath much more. It is a good choice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3