Sunpath Mongolia Reviews

Building 37-56 apartment (2 floor), (door code-13), Baga toirog, khoroo 6, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Really helpful staff, Even tho I did not book a tour. I have stayed at other places as well, and this one has really good atmosphere.

The lady who manages the hostel Dolmajaa is amazing. She's like the fairy godmother who tries her best to arrange things for you. The other staffs are very helpful and nice. The hostel is very very clean and the ladies who are working in here makes sure that it stay clean. The hostel is very well organised with good facilities in the kitchen and rooms (like, including adaptors!!) If I have the chance to visit Mongolia again I will definitely choose this hostel!

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

This was the best hostel we have ever stayed in. The facilities are clean and atmosphere homely. The manager went above and beyond to help us out. They even delivered a bag to us at the train station that we accidentally left behind. We also went on a tour booked through the same company. Our tour guide Bilguun and our driver Bat-ulzi were amazing. Bilguun is a top notch tour guide with brilliant English and a lot of knowledgable. Both are very good at their jobs. Thanks for a great experience

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Has a relaxed atmosphere with thick, soft carpets all over. Stable wifi too. Also arranges tours, we took at 5 day tour which was great fun. Can totally recommend it.

Amazing hostel owner, Dolmajaa! She really goes out her way to make your stay pleasant. She knows everything about Mongolia and she makes any tour happen at the last hour. Plus, the hostel is really, really clean all the time. I love a clean hostel. You can't beat the price. Highly recommend.

Very clean hostel with nice owners. Pickup from the train station was included and they were waiting for us. A bit disorganized when it came to bed assignments, but other than that it was a great stay.

The location is very good. I would have someone meet you because it would be very hard to find on your own. There is not a very big sign. The rooms are large and the common area is very open. The kitchen is a very good size. Hot water occasionally goes out but if you shower at off times it is nice and hot. Internet is good but again occasionally goes out. I stayed at Sunpath and another hostel while in town and I preferred Sunpath much more. It is a good choice.

Sunpath Hostel in Ulan-Bator is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Everything was very clean, there were lockers available and the staff was super nice and helpful. Even a light breakfast was included in the price, which was great! The only thing I have to complain is that there was no hot water available during the days I stayed in the hostel, but I am sure that this was just a temporary issue and not a constant condition. I would strongly recommend this hostel for my friends!

hi i am a great Indian traveller visited more than 100 countries .i stayed in this hostel for 3 nights .it is very clean and tidy.the owner Dalchi maa a wonderful lady ,got lot of information about Mongolia. close your eyes and book. Dalchi ma speaks good English and arrange all tours at very cheap rate. kumar www.mahayatri.com you tube channel:the great Indian traveller

The price is excellent and they are really helpful, once they pick you up in the station and offer a small breakfast. The wi-fi and the beds are also great. However when I was there we didn't have hot water and it was freezing in Ulan Bator - although it was summer. To come back to the hostel at night is not one of the easiest things to do. They don't have sights and there is no lights in the corridor and stairs of the building so you have to be lucky to find which door is the hostel.

Staff in the hostel were very kind and accommodating, there was a pick up service from the train station. Bed room was huge and clean, breakfast was good and kitchen very clean. All of us were very happy with the accommodation and friendly people.

• 21st Aug 2014

I loved that they picked us up at the train without our having to arrange it. There was no hot water for the showers, so that was sad. My head actually hurt when the cold water hit it.

• 21st Aug 2014

Great hostel. Staff very friendly

This was simply a great hostel! PIcked us up at the airport. Helped out with everything we asked for.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Norway

Very nice hosts, very clean. Situated in the city center. I very much enjoyed my stay.

• 19th Aug 2014

An amazing experince. Helpful staff and incredible tours, drivers and guides. I fully recomend it to everyone.

You need to know that Sunpath has two parts. One is where the family also stays at. This is where I stayed at, it is not as nice as the other part, where there is much more space and better atmosphere. Also in the smaller part where I stayed there was one bathroom with toilet for approx. 12 guests which is bad. Other than that I liked it and it is the average UB price.

I surely say, this is the perfect hostel in UB. Location of hostel is little bit far from downtown but not too far. The host of hostel is so kind and atmosphere is so calm and harmonious. Me and my friend did not use hostel tour program but the host did not pressure to us. After we come back from Khovsgol, there was no available room. So, we live another guesthouse, but I surely say once again! Sunpath is the best hostel in UB.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Very clean, lots of support and very friendly staff! 24 hours security, luggage storage, laundry service - staff does everything to make us feel comfortable! We're back in the hostal now ..no pressure to do tours but the tours are very well organized, flexible and for a fair price! The only minus: no hot water for some days and the power runs out every now and than but these problems are not in there hands because the whole district is involved. Thank you for everything!

The hostel and the tours are generally well run. The owner puts a lot of effort to keep the place clean and tidy. Yet, it seems that if you do not book a tour with them (or already came back from a tour and do not plan to book another one), preference is given to new customers that might still book a tour.

« first « Prev 1 2 3