Sunpath Mongolia Reviews

Building 37-56 apartment (2 floor), (door code-13), Baga toirog, khoroo 6, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

I loved that they picked us up at the train without our having to arrange it. There was no hot water for the showers, so that was sad. My head actually hurt when the cold water hit it.

• 21st Aug 2014

Great hostel. Staff very friendly

This was simply a great hostel! PIcked us up at the airport. Helped out with everything we asked for.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Norway

I surely say, this is the perfect hostel in UB. Location of hostel is little bit far from downtown but not too far. The host of hostel is so kind and atmosphere is so calm and harmonious. Me and my friend did not use hostel tour program but the host did not pressure to us. After we come back from Khovsgol, there was no available room. So, we live another guesthouse, but I surely say once again! Sunpath is the best hostel in UB.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Very clean, lots of support and very friendly staff! 24 hours security, luggage storage, laundry service - staff does everything to make us feel comfortable! We're back in the hostal now ..no pressure to do tours but the tours are very well organized, flexible and for a fair price! The only minus: no hot water for some days and the power runs out every now and than but these problems are not in there hands because the whole district is involved. Thank you for everything!

The hostel and the tours are generally well run. The owner puts a lot of effort to keep the place clean and tidy. Yet, it seems that if you do not book a tour with them (or already came back from a tour and do not plan to book another one), preference is given to new customers that might still book a tour.

We stayed at SunPath for two nights and then extended our stay for two more nights. The place was great, with a 24 hour maid staying in the guesthouse/appartment to clean and control if everything is fine. Light breakfast in the morning, excellent wifi and location. A taste of home The owner Doshma is more than helpful. She can arrange wonderful and cheap tours as much as give you excellent advices. To sum up, a great hostel that I would definitly come back to.

• 28th Jul 2014

Very good atmosphere, good councelings and services. Sometimes only cold water...

I had a great time on Sunpath. Went on 2 tours which were arranged here and they were great. After thee tour always came back here and in total spent 12 nights in the hostel. Would defiantly come back!

Excellent hostel. Good value and good tours. Gala is an excellent guide. Did Gobi and Central Mongolia tours both were good value (compared to all other quotes obtained) and a lot of fun. Doljma is the very friendly and approachable owner who is doing an amazing job here. Highly recommended.

The place is great, the entrance doesn't show what you are going to find inside, the rooms are very confortable, and the common living room is a great place to share experiences with other travelers. They don't presser you at all with the tours and very opened to offer you different choices. The staff is super helpful with everything you need. BEST PLACE TO STAY FOR BACKPACKERS

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Because of limited availability around the Naadam festival, I actually stayed in 3 different hostels in Ulaanbaatar. Of the 3, Sunpath was the best. The location is good (10 min from Sukhbatar Square, 15 min from State Department Store) with good restaurants nearby. The building was quite difficult to find though because it is located in an apartment complex with no prominent signage outside. Facilities were clean, prompt laundry service. Preference is given to those going on their tours though.

the owner was really friendly and she organized a day trip for me on the next day which was awesome! If i Needed any help i just needed to call, for examble getting lost in the City! I did a 4 day desert tour and i was allowed to leave my luggage there with out any charges. I would definitely come back! Thanks for everything!

Great say, staff was very helpful. Booked a tour through the hostel and were very happy. Good value for the money. The guides and been very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again and use their travel serves.

good wifi

A very fine hostel. Happy to recommend it. I was picked up from the train station which was great. but especially great because I think finding the place by yourself would be near impossible. A few more signs would be the way to go. Staff were brilliant. Very homely with good facilities, but the computer wasn't great.

The owner is professional, to maintain the hostel in perfect condition, with CHEAPEST PRICE, and best quality. The hostel is spacious, beautiful, comfortable, good bed, super clear. it provides pure drinking water, tea bags, coffee, toilet paper, soap, hair dryer. and LOCKERS. Staffs are all nice, polite, friendly, doing proper job. It has good atmosphere meanwhile in decent quiet area near main square. Recommend!

Although it all seems a bit dodgy from the outside, uninviting facade, Sunpath is a great little hostel run by the ever friendly & helpful Dorscha. Cosy rooms, great communal kitchen and shared lounge area with workable shared bathroom. Very warm & welcoming and in a great location within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants, the square and the department store. Only stayed for our last night in Mongolia but highly recommended as a cheap, no frills option to the big impersonal hotels.

The best hostel I have ever stayed in! The owner lady was like a mom, and the place felt like home. She would help out with everything - invitations, chinese visas, trips, saving you from the Gobi desert and always giving you a bed even if you didn't book one. A bit hard to find, so just use their free transfer service! ALSO their tours are the cheapest, and best in town. I went to UB Guesthouse, Golden Gobi etc but the Sunpath tours are the CHEAPEST and the LEAST TOURISTY. THANK YOU!!!

They came to pick us up from train station very early morning. We got our room straight away (had booked that night, but didn't need to pay!) and got some sleep after early wake up in train. They fixed us very nice 4-day trip around Mongolian coutryside with nice English speaking guide (can higly recommend, very good scheme with good price: stayed nights with Nomadic family, not in crouded tourist places, saw alot, could get extra horse riding)... Staff helped us with all our questions. Clean!!!