Sunpath Mongolia Reviews

Building 37-56 apartment (2 floor), (door code-13), Baga toirog, khoroo 6, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

A very comfortable, home-like hostel within close walking distance the city center. I have been welcome at Sunpath for a few months while I write, and have been treated very kindly (even spoiled). I have also enjoyed 2 fantastic tours with Sunpath: to the Gobi (south), and to the Tsaatan (reindeer) nomads & Lake Khövsgöl (north). Thank you Sunpath for your warm hospitality!

I can highly recommend it very helpful and professional above all you feel like your at home

I had an excellent time with the Sunpath Hostel! After traveling about 4weeks prior to arriving at the Sunpath hostel I simply made a reservation and set what time I would arrive. I knew I had about a 30 minu walk ahead of me when I saw someone from the hostel with my name! I was so happy that someone was there to pick me up!! The moment I arrive they were able to set me up with a 6day horse riding tour. The driver, the nomads, and even the horse guide were all amazing. I chose not to pay for a

I arrived at dawn and it was great to have someone pick you up so you've not to be concerned about finding your way. I did the Ger trip with two other folks at the hostel and it was a good experience. The owner also helped me purchase my train ticket to Beijing with no commission. When I arrived at Beijing I realised I had misplaced my iphone. Fortunately the hostel owners found it and asked a few Aussie lads to drop it off for me enroute to Beijing! That was a nice touch!

• 13th Mar 2014

Overall, a pleasant and comfortable stay with a memorable tour to the Gobi.

Very clean,very quiet and very cozy place even in winter. Staffs are so kindly that you can ask anything you need. In other words,highly recommended:)

The hostel was excellent and very clean. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Mongolia

A clean, comfortable hostel and excellent value.

The hostel picked us up from the train station at 5 o' clock in the moring (for free) ! Every day, we also got a free breakfast. The staff is really nice, tried to help me whenever I had problems. I also booked a tour organised by the hostel which I can strongly recommend. All in all, it was one of the best hostels that I have visited so far.

• 11th Jan 2014

Very cosy atmosphere, fast internet, great location. Very warm inside! (We were travelling in winter) Visa-service and drop-off at the train station worked out perfectly and we did a great tour into the country side. The housekeepers are very friendly and helpful, thank you so much!

In sunpath you feel more like you are staying by favor at someone's place. The owner is polite, but is not so willing to help. Her husband, a very big guy, keep staring at the guests as we were unwanted there, and that was not just my perception but also from other guests, and don't come back late! The hostel is ok, but shower was cold most of the time. We did a trip by ourselves (4 guests) to Gobi in COLD winter and was fine, got a tour there. Pay by US$ as they charge 10% over the rate.

Free breakfast, tea and coffee are always a good thing. Lockers available and staff always available. Free pick up and drop off at the railway station make this a great place to stay. Did a great value Gobi tour with them too! There is an awesome Sri Lankan restaurant called Celonta just around the corner which provide some great veggie options if you are struggling with Mongolian cuisine.

Picked up from the station at 5.30am! Tour to Gobi desert was brilliant, just too short at 7 days. It would be better if the door was locked during the day.

This hostel feels more like a home, and it really is: the owner, a middle aged Mongolian woman, is friendly and very helpful in organizing tours and making your stay as smooth as possible. There is a small breakfast in the morning, tea and coffee plus a great atmosphere all day long: it's very easy to make new friends here. Been here over a week and coming back at some point in the future.