Sunpath Mongolia Reviews

Building 37-56 apartment (2 floor), (door code-13), Baga toirog, khoroo 6, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Sunpath is well located, It's clean and rooms are nice..The kitchen is well equiped so you can definitely cook while you are there. The owner was at first very warm and friendly and she gave us a lot of info about places to see and things to do in UB. However after we decided not to book a tour through the hostel she became much colder towards us. She insisted quite a lot and completely changed her attitude. We felt quite uncomfortable for the rest of our stay. Too bad!

Wonderful wonderful homely hostel. Doljmaa ran the hostel, she spoke perfect english and was great at helping us navigate through UB. Free wifi, international charging stations, free pick up and drop off, free breakfast of bread, butter, jam, tea and coffee, clean shower and toilet, and warm comfy rooms. The hostel looks a bit dodgy from the outside with a metal door in a back alley type area, but is on a perfect street for food and exploring. Highly recommended.

Basic Hostel but Super Clean. Free pick up and drop off at train station. I'm stayed in Low season. So, Late check out until 7 p.m. without any charges.

It was a very basic, but homely accommodation. And there was a sweet lady staying in the hostel who did the housekeeping everyday so there was no issue with cleanliness. However I was abit perplexed as to why other travellers who reviewed this hostel got free airport pickups/dropoffs whereas the hostel manager did not mention anything about this USD20 fee when I emailed to request for airport pickup. Even when she collected the USD20 from me, she merely shrugged off my question with laughter.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • Singapore

Stayed in in Dec 2015 and it was very nice alsi very cold. Si ir was great to came back to the warn after a stroll in the cold! Sunpath can also book tours for you I went to visit families at about 300 km from Ulaanbaatar. The tour was arranged in a few we only inform our wish in the afternoon. The tour was great and the very welcoming. Riding a camel by -30c in sand sunes ia amazing and not that cols with all the clothing provided. A plus in the winter is that you are likely to be rhe only one

• 22nd Dec 2015

Good location. They provided lockers in the rooms. The manager was helpful in that she'd sit down and help put together a tour itinerary to suit you. They are rated as the best tours, but they charge to reflect this. Be sure to negotiate on the price and shop around with other tour operators. We ended up going with a sunpath Guide (Baz), who was excellent, though another operator offered us a similar itinerary significantly cheaper. There was a gud atmosphere here, with plenty of other travelers

The only bad thing I have to say about this hostel is that they kick you out after your intended length of stay if you don't book a tour. A couple of dudes I met there wanted to stay another night but the manager told them it was full... it definitely was not. The hostel is basic but super clean. It's close to Genghis Khan square - everything seems to be within a 15 min walking distance and is in a safe area of town. I'd stay here again

• 30th Oct 2015

Very professional. Pick ups and drop offs were arranged easily and went well. It's close to downtown UB . I didn't book tour. But there is many people did tour. I heard they spent fantastic time in Mongolia.

Sunpath is a great place! Good price, superclean and nice. It is not luxury, of course, but we we were satisfied.

nice hostel

Loved staying at Sunpath Hostel, the Lady that runs the place is super helpful, accomodated us when we arrived really late and also had lots of information about various tours and logistics for traveling around Mongolia. Went on a two day tour to the national park which was a lot of fun, rode horses, slept in the huts, ate traditional meals and saw a lot of cool sights. Cost around 100 dollars a person for the two days which was a very reasonable price. Would recommend staying here.

• 1st Oct 2015

Manageress very friendly, chilled and helpful. Tours were too expensive for me. $100 for 1 night in a Ger.

Great staff, very accommodating. They helped me book a tour which was an awesome time.

The group I was traveling with arrived very early on the train, and the staff of this hostel were happy to provide us with a free transfer from the train station to the hostel. Despite the early hour, we were then met with a free breakfast and a great atmosphere. The staff was also flexible with last-minute requests and very wiling to help work out additional activities. I had a great time here and will definitely come back if I'm ever back in Ulaanbaatar!

Great hostel, was really impressed with how the lady who runs it was always prepared to help and attend to all the guests. She works really hard and deserves credits for that!

This hostel is exellent, very clean, powerful hot showers, comfortable beds in spacious rooms, always a member of staff around to help you, great breakfast, nice & warm heating, and in a great quiet part of town. The best thing about it is the lady Dodjma (maybe spelt wrong) the kindest helpful lady I have every met on my RTW trip. Everything from train tickets to 20 day tours is sorted out for you effortlessly & stress free. It was such a good decision to stay here 😃

V friendly staff, great location near to central city, lots of space in dorms and common room, free drop off and pick up to train station was a surprise bonus. Premises constantly supervised and v clean.

• 31st Aug 2015

perfect stay! Doljmaa runs the Hostel and the Tours perfect. Can fully recommend it :-)

The reviews that I read were correct! Sunpath is a great place to stay. Doljmaa is a very kind and friendly woman. Not at all pushy... she will gladly recommend the right tour for you. She is the best tour guide in UB! Difficult to find.... but Sunpath is well worth the trip. Location not ideal..... but everything else was perfect!

Very good hostel, probably the best. People there are really nice and helpfull, in particular Doodjma, who is really nice. It is really clean and my time there was perfect. I highly recommended this guesthouse in UB, which was my favorite.