Sunpath Mongolia Reviews

Building 37-56 apartment (2 floor), (door code-13), Baga toirog, khoroo 6, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Excellent hostel. Good value and good tours. Gala is an excellent guide. Did Gobi and Central Mongolia tours both were good value (compared to all other quotes obtained) and a lot of fun. Doljma is the very friendly and approachable owner who is doing an amazing job here. Highly recommended.

The place is great, the entrance doesn't show what you are going to find inside, the rooms are very confortable, and the common living room is a great place to share experiences with other travelers. They don't presser you at all with the tours and very opened to offer you different choices. The staff is super helpful with everything you need. BEST PLACE TO STAY FOR BACKPACKERS

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Because of limited availability around the Naadam festival, I actually stayed in 3 different hostels in Ulaanbaatar. Of the 3, Sunpath was the best. The location is good (10 min from Sukhbatar Square, 15 min from State Department Store) with good restaurants nearby. The building was quite difficult to find though because it is located in an apartment complex with no prominent signage outside. Facilities were clean, prompt laundry service. Preference is given to those going on their tours though.

the owner was really friendly and she organized a day trip for me on the next day which was awesome! If i Needed any help i just needed to call, for examble getting lost in the City! I did a 4 day desert tour and i was allowed to leave my luggage there with out any charges. I would definitely come back! Thanks for everything!

Great say, staff was very helpful. Booked a tour through the hostel and were very happy. Good value for the money. The guides and been very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again and use their travel serves.

A very fine hostel. Happy to recommend it. I was picked up from the train station which was great. but especially great because I think finding the place by yourself would be near impossible. A few more signs would be the way to go. Staff were brilliant. Very homely with good facilities, but the computer wasn't great.

The owner is professional, to maintain the hostel in perfect condition, with CHEAPEST PRICE, and best quality. The hostel is spacious, beautiful, comfortable, good bed, super clear. it provides pure drinking water, tea bags, coffee, toilet paper, soap, hair dryer. and LOCKERS. Staffs are all nice, polite, friendly, doing proper job. It has good atmosphere meanwhile in decent quiet area near main square. Recommend!

Although it all seems a bit dodgy from the outside, uninviting facade, Sunpath is a great little hostel run by the ever friendly & helpful Dorscha. Cosy rooms, great communal kitchen and shared lounge area with workable shared bathroom. Very warm & welcoming and in a great location within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants, the square and the department store. Only stayed for our last night in Mongolia but highly recommended as a cheap, no frills option to the big impersonal hotels.

The best hostel I have ever stayed in! The owner lady was like a mom, and the place felt like home. She would help out with everything - invitations, chinese visas, trips, saving you from the Gobi desert and always giving you a bed even if you didn't book one. A bit hard to find, so just use their free transfer service! ALSO their tours are the cheapest, and best in town. I went to UB Guesthouse, Golden Gobi etc but the Sunpath tours are the CHEAPEST and the LEAST TOURISTY. THANK YOU!!!

They came to pick us up from train station very early morning. We got our room straight away (had booked that night, but didn't need to pay!) and got some sleep after early wake up in train. They fixed us very nice 4-day trip around Mongolian coutryside with nice English speaking guide (can higly recommend, very good scheme with good price: stayed nights with Nomadic family, not in crouded tourist places, saw alot, could get extra horse riding)... Staff helped us with all our questions. Clean!!!

I've spent 30days in mongolia and made the sunpath to my home during that time. From here i organized my tours to the countryside, one of them was with the hostel .I got a lot of help with planning the tours, getting tickets for the naadam festival and a ride to the airport. prices (both for a bed and the tour) are really good, and people are incredible kind. i felt welcome and safe there. Can very much recommend it!

Very friendly staff. Helped me very much! And not expensive at all!!!!

The hostel is clean, good location but if you get lost around building 37, up for the small sign saying Sunpath. Staff are friendly and Doljmaa was wonderful. I has an absolute blast doing the Gobi tour but I was realy fortunate to travel with the best group ever (we met at the hostel). The tour leader was great but if you want more info about the sites and history, you have to ask. He catered for vegetarians. We loved our driver (he didn't speak English but it didn't matter). Thank you!

Very friendly hostel, perhaps the best priced in all Mongolia, super clean, helpful, good wifi, laundry service, tours on offer,and very close to the centre of Ulaanbataar. It is also very quiet which can be a good or bad thing depending on the atmosphere you prefer, but overall a 99.9%

The owner Mrs Doljmaa is very professional and kind, she even took care of me when I fell sick for a couple of days. Sunpath hostel is really a home away from home. The tours are very good and at a reasonable price. I rarely comment on hostels and hotels, except when they are very good or the contrary. Sunpath hostel is perfect hostel in Ulaanbaatar.

• 13th May 2014

nice place a bit far from the main road but cheap safe and clean, but only one bathroom for 2 mixtes room and 1 private room, i stayed 2 nights then when i ask to extend my stay , the owner she said no just because i didn"t took a tour with her. so i will not recommend this place, that not fair.

Internet was fast, staff was friendly. location was good.

A very comfortable, home-like hostel within close walking distance the city center. I have been welcome at Sunpath for a few months while I write, and have been treated very kindly (even spoiled). I have also enjoyed 2 fantastic tours with Sunpath: to the Gobi (south), and to the Tsaatan (reindeer) nomads & Lake Khövsgöl (north). Thank you Sunpath for your warm hospitality!

I can highly recommend it very helpful and professional above all you feel like your at home

I had an excellent time with the Sunpath Hostel! After traveling about 4weeks prior to arriving at the Sunpath hostel I simply made a reservation and set what time I would arrive. I knew I had about a 30 minu walk ahead of me when I saw someone from the hostel with my name! I was so happy that someone was there to pick me up!! The moment I arrive they were able to set me up with a 6day horse riding tour. The driver, the nomads, and even the horse guide were all amazing. I chose not to pay for a