Sunpath Mongolia Reviews

Building 37-56 apartment (2 floor), (door code-13), Baga toirog, khoroo 6, Chingeltei District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

It was a very cozy place.

We had a great stay at Sunpath. Pick up from the bus station was great as we don't think we would have found the tucked in place on our own! Breakfast is good and trip was easy enough to book. Doljmaa has lots of information to share re the tours so just chat to her! Dorms are spacious and with lockers. 10 min walk to the square and few restaurants close by.

Nice and clean place. Bed was comfy and the shower was great (especially in Mongolia standard). It felt very homey.

A very nice place inside with good staff, free water, cool temperatures (which is a good thing), and fast WiFi. The buildings and stairs are quite worn, as is the numberpad for entering, meaning that when we wanted to check in, since the numberpad on the door didn't work and there was no doorbell, we had to wait for someone to open the door by chance.

It is a godo choice for Ulaanbaatar. is locate in the city center, do nota judge the hotel by the building where it is located A godo choice.

From all my travels around the world, this is one of my favorite hostel. Staff very nice, always helpfull. They also organize very wonderfull tours and can help you for all you can need : train ticket, pick up in the stations, asking for visa... The owner is very nice, I still wonder how she can manage all her tasks, but she manage very well. I really recommend this place for all people who come in UB

One of the nicest places I've stayed at, hit the balance perfectly. Very reasonable and comes with free pickup (much appreciated) as well as light breakfast. The beds are comfortable and has a nice area to relax. Best is Doljmaa who runs the hostel, she is incredibly kind working and kind, making you feel very at home and helping with whatever you need help with.

I LOVE SUNPATH. There are hostels I rarely review and give them 100%, this place is one of them. First off the staff is super sweet especially Doljmaa who ended up arranging my entire four weeks in Mongolia. The hostel itself is clean and comfortable, from the outside you may feel like your walking into the ghetto, but filled with lovely backpackers. Great vibes. My tour (road trip in a soviet convee) with Sunpath through Central Mongolia and Gobi Desert was INCREDIBLE- thanks Bata and Bogie!

Owner is super helpful, ended up staying there a second time under as apart of a friends booking because it was in the perfect location. Lots of food in the local area to eat

Sunpath is run by a highly organized and knowledgeable individual. Doljmaa is what makes Sunpath stand out from many other hostels. I can also recommend the tours they organize which have been close to flawless and have an excellent price-quality ratio. Please do go, skip Golden Gobi.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Book here if you are staying in UB. Stayed in 3 hostels in the city and this is by far the best value. Immaculate space and the free kitchen makes it easy to save a few bucks and cook yourself. Dojma (sp?) the proprietor is immensely helpful and they were able to give us free rides from the train station and between hostels. The hostel also runs tours around the country which we did not do but have heard great things about. 10/10

Sunpath is a fantastic hostel. I felt safe and comfortable and enjoyed my stay there. It is a well-run family operation and there is always an interestinf conversation to be had with other intrepid travellers. Doljma was very helpful in organising a tour for us and went out of her way to ensure I could partake in part of the tour since I had less time in Mongolia and still make it back to Ulan Bator. -Luke

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Had the nicest time at Sunpath, the hostess was incredibly helpful, the other travellers I met were AWESOME, the small features like free breakfast and free water were so nice to have, and the atmosphere was just so calm and friendly and likeable. It was a great place to come back to at the end of a day and sit on the couch, use the fast internet and chill out with other super interesting travelers. 4/5

• 22nd Jun 2015

Ice cold showers. Staff are very helpful with heating water. Installing proper boilers would make it a lot more comfortable.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

The staff was very helpful and kind, and the atmosphere is homey.

Nice hostel with helpful staffs.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Love Sunpath! The staff and owner are all gems, the hostel feels like you're at home with all the creature comforts (toaster, stove tops, free breakfast, clean bathrooms and laundry) with mum (the owner, Doljmaa). You are in very good hands here for advice and tours. Tons of great people and kindred spirits. Loved it.

Fantastic home away from home. Doljma goes out of her way to take care of every guest. She can help with anything and everything. I highly recommend booking a tour through sunpath even if you don't stay here; great guides, drivers, and itinerary. so excellent! They know what they're doing. The hostel itself is the cleanest I've ever stayed at, great location and full kitchen! Was so happy to cook! Comfy beds, clean sheets, soft blankets and towels. Lockers in the room and laundry on site.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Excellent hostel. Owner, Doljmaa, was extremely helpful with everything. We were very happy with the 18-day tour she organised for us. We'd highly recommend anyone choose to visit UB to stay at Sunpath and use their tour services.

Very friendly staff, offered us a lift to the railway station even though we stayed the last night at a different hostel because they were booked full.