Sunrock Reviews

Sunrock (Vrachos) Resort, Pelekas Beach,Sinarades,49084, Corfu, Greece

A short accurate review: - Best views i have ever seen from a hostel; - the food is 9/10 and comes free with the price (breakfast and dinner); - the beach really is a 1 minute walk away; - just amazing. You will love it here. Corfu is a very large island though and you might want to check out other parts. The hostel is very focused on just one beach and can be hard to get in and out of. This is like most locations in Corfu though. Highly recommended.

Such an awesome hostel, I definitely reccomend it

• 18th Jul 2014

By far my favorite hostel I have ever stayed at. Perfect place for solo travelers. Beautiful view. Amazing location. Incredible breakfast and dinner which is included in your stay. Such a relaxed and helpful staff. Never enjoyed a place more. So happy to have stayed here.

I was very impressed with the warm welcome and fantastic venue for our meals - balcony overlooking the beach! Lovely home-cooked food, excellent red wine from the local grapes, easy-going, friendly staff and a great holiday atmosphere. Madelena and Spyros were so helpful, it was like home from home. Spyros drove us to the port for our cruise round Paxos and Antipaxos - another early start, thank you Spyros!

• 11th Jul 2014

The location is great if you want a beach holiday--otherwise you have to walk up a really long, steep hill to the bust stop, and the bus only runs once every 1-2 hours. The staff were nice, but didn't give us any info (what time breakfast and dinner were, where to go for them, where the path to the beach was). My biggest complaint was how gross our bathroom was--it was full of mold. The room stunk. Great atmosphere though--the family dinner table encourages everyone to get to know each other.

Very friendly hostel. Good value for money.

Super! i recommend all the way! Near the beach! Awosome hostel!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Wonderful hostel, and am now in love with Greece. Not a place to go if you want a heavy nightlife, but perfect for a few days on a gorgeous beach in a wonderful hostel (full of amazing, home made and home grown Greek food!). The long walk to the bus made it a bit tricky to get into town, but also added to the beauty and relaxation of the ambience of the hostel. I would highly recommend planning a few nights at the resort, at least, for a wonderful, authentic stay in the Greek islands.

The home cooked meals are amazing!!!

Will add to the complaints regarding pick up / transport. we had been promised a transport for 7pm from the ferry port and our friends who happened to be in Corfu town knew this and wanted a ride back, they found the person who was waiting for us but then she left at 645 because a friend (?) Needed a ride to the airport. Had our friends not been there to alert us, we would have been abandoned without knowing what to do. There were further issues surrounding ordering taxis as well. Rent a car!

This is a great hostel with lovely fresh food, grear staff and a view over the sea better than a 5 star hotel.

Very good location on the West Cost of the Island. Good place to stay and good organic food

Sunrock was my best hostel experience during my five months in Europe. From the moment I entered into the hostel, I felt at home. The family welcomes the guests with open arms. We had breakfast and dinner every night together and it felt like a family meal. I was amazed by the incredible, gourmet like food that we were fed each day. The city of Corfu is authentic and stunning. This hostel allowed me to be immersed into the Greek culture. I am thoroughly impressed and will return soon to Sunrock.

• 5th May 2014

Magdalena and her family are very welcoming and her home-cooked food was delicious. The hostel is a two minute walk from 3 beaches and in a beautiful location. Don't miss the sunset while you're there!!

• 1st Apr 2014

Great location with a beautiful view of the beach. The food is very authentic and delicious. The family that runs the hostel are very friendly, nice, and accommodating. It was a bit of a hike to get to the bus stop for old town but well worth it. I would definitely stay again.

I had a great time @Sunrock.AMAZING view, great people and INCREDIBLE food.Definetly recommended as the best value, breakfast and dinner included are made from what they grow in their own farm, so this is definetly a home away from home.i felt spoilt!definetly coming back

• 8th Mar 2014