• Sunrock (Vrachos) Resort, Pelekas Beach, Sinarades, Corfu, Greece

8.2
Fabulous 568 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 568 Total Reviews
Sunrock Located at Sunrock (Vrachos) Resort, Pelekas Beach, Sinarades, Corfu.
Greece
Corfu 49084 Sunrock (Vrachos) Resort, Pelekas Beach, Sinarades
82% 568
39.5819688 19.8211705
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 41+
26th Oct 2016

You could not ask for a better place to stay if you want warmth and a unique experience. If you want mod-cons, maybe not, but great home cooked food (breakfast and evening meal included) and a stunning view of the setting sun, to me at least, this is a great place to stay. I stayed for one night, strayed to the east coast and was back the next day for 3 more nights.

16th Oct 2016
5.7

SItuated at a great location near sunset point. The property is huge and lovely.Madelena and family runs the whole place and they are lovely hosts.I love the part about family dinner that we got to eat along! I even got a ride up the hill. Bathroom was a complete disaster.The toilet flush didn't work, each time we had to open the lid, manually pull one of the tubes to flush. The shower was leaky on all sides, since there were no shower curtains the water sprays all over! Taps, doors rusty, old!

15th Oct 2016
7.4

This hostel has amazing potential! The vibe is great and the hosts are generous and kind. However, the location is challenging for folks without a car. The bus system is inconsistent and unpredictable on Corfu, making it difficult to get from the airport to the other side of the island where the hostel is located. The room I stayed in could have been excellent, but a few things were out of order. The shower and toilet were constantly running/dripping, and the bathroom floor was always wet.

27th Sep 2016

I would normally have given Sunrock an 8.9. But I enjoyed Magdalena's genuine hospitality so much that I gave it a perfect 10. The other biggest pros are the view, the proximity to the gorgeous beach, the value with the meals included, and its laid back atmosphere where its very easy to meet other travellers in a smaller, more personal setting. The small con was that it could use some maintenance work. But overall, its been my favourite stop during my round the world 4-month trip. Thanks!

23rd Sep 2016
7.4

Helpful staff. Bees on patio.

• jitka_navratilova919
  • Czech Republic, Female, 31-40
20th Sep 2016

Great, family run hostel with comfortable rooms, amazing views of the sea and one minute from the beach. The friendly owner cooks delicious dinners (as well as breakfasts) for everyone where all can meet and socialise. I felt like at home away from home and for sure I'll come back. I loved my stay here and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday away from the crowds.

18th Sep 2016

Sunrock was amazing. Madalena was great and she was my "mom" while I was there. I didn't want to leave Corfu because of the amazing time I had at this hostel. She made us family dinner every night and a wonderful breakfast each morning. The place was safe and secure and very close to a wonderful beach. I would absolutely recommend it and plan to return very soon.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
10th Sep 2016
8.0

Great location on a wonderful beach in corfu. Easy to reach by public transport (though there's a BIG hill going down to the place) and the shuttle (10e for a ride, no matter how many people) is a nice touch. Whatsherface main lady isn't soo outwardly friendly, but she's really helpful if you just ask. The dinner and breakfast are included and SO worth it. It's great to meet the other travelers and eat good food together! Also try their house made wine: delicious!

10th Sep 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at Sunrock! All the staff are accomodating and the atmosphere and food are awesome! Beware that it's not easy to get to town unless you hire a scooter/car or time it in advance with the hostel shuttle... The walk is 20mins up a steep hill in the heat! It's fine but be prepared :)

• Canada, Male, 31-40
6th Sep 2016

I was going to stay 2 nights but stayed the entire week! Maddalena was hilarious, great sense of humor and an awesome cook! Alexia was super helpful with tips and Chloe did an awesome job during meal times :) The location is beautiful, a bit of a walk down from the bus stop but very doable. The delicious family style dinners are cool cause you can meet people over tasty home made wine ;) Just remember, everything runs on island time so you need to be relaxed and patient! haha