Sunrock

8.1
Fabulous 572 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 41+
26th Oct 2016

You could not ask for a better place to stay if you want warmth and a unique experience. If you want mod-cons, maybe not, but great home cooked food (breakfast and evening meal included) and a stunning view of the setting sun, to me at least, this is a great place to stay. I stayed for one night, strayed to the east coast and was back the next day for 3 more nights.

16th Oct 2016
5.7

SItuated at a great location near sunset point. The property is huge and lovely.Madelena and family runs the whole place and they are lovely hosts.I love the part about family dinner that we got to eat along! I even got a ride up the hill. Bathroom was a complete disaster.The toilet flush didn't work, each time we had to open the lid, manually pull one of the tubes to flush. The shower was leaky on all sides, since there were no shower curtains the water sprays all over! Taps, doors rusty, old!

15th Oct 2016
7.4

This hostel has amazing potential! The vibe is great and the hosts are generous and kind. However, the location is challenging for folks without a car. The bus system is inconsistent and unpredictable on Corfu, making it difficult to get from the airport to the other side of the island where the hostel is located. The room I stayed in could have been excellent, but a few things were out of order. The shower and toilet were constantly running/dripping, and the bathroom floor was always wet.

27th Sep 2016

I would normally have given Sunrock an 8.9. But I enjoyed Magdalena's genuine hospitality so much that I gave it a perfect 10. The other biggest pros are the view, the proximity to the gorgeous beach, the value with the meals included, and its laid back atmosphere where its very easy to meet other travellers in a smaller, more personal setting. The small con was that it could use some maintenance work. But overall, its been my favourite stop during my round the world 4-month trip. Thanks!