Sunrock Reviews

Sunrock (Vrachos) Resort, Pelekas Beach,Sinarades,49084, Corfu, Greece

Sunrock is a great budget option if you're not too fussy and happy to spend a lot of time on the beach. Positives: amazing free breakfast and dinner, awesome sunset view, great beach close by and the son and daughter that work there are absolutely lovely. Negatives: make sure you bring mosquito spray as they are really bad, no fans so the rooms are really hot, wifi isn't very reliable and free transfers seem to be done according to the owners desires so we got stuck..

I enjoyed my stay at Sunrock. It had a beautiful view over the sea from the terrace, from which you can see a beautiful sunset every night. The included breakfast and dinner (both delicious) make the hostel really good value. Just one tip: DO NOT rent a scooter through the hostel's contact, we had a really bad experience with them and the scooters they rent out are old and unreliable, which is of course not the fault of the hostel. Overall, good experience!

The location is really close to the beach. It is quite difficult get there alone, but it is possible. The staff is quite rude with the guest, but she was just trying to makemake her life easy. I was expecting more of th dinner included. The breakfast was amazing! Pelekas beach makes everything worth :)

We had a really great stay, the only disappointing aspect of this hostel was the female manager. She was extremely rude and unhelpful. All other staff and family were great!

Staff very unhelpful. No maps or timetables were givten to us. The included dinner was good value. The nearby beach was amazing, but unfortunately the bus stop connecting to Corfu town was a very steep 25min walk uphill from the hostel. Hitching a ride is possible, but most days we walked up.

I contacted with them a few days before to arrange the free pick-up service offered by the hostel; I was arriving at the airport at 4am; they told me to call them at 6am to be picked-up at 7am; I called like 20 times but no one answered, so I had to take a taxi (30 euros); when I arrived, the owners were sleaping and arrived almost one hour later; when I told here about the missed pick-up, she said "Well... it's ok, no?". NO, IT WASN'T OK...

• 30th Jul 2015

I can confidently say we haven't stayed at a better located hostel, its right above the beach and watching the sunset from the terrace each night is a real treat. Great facilities and the food is delicious. We had a truly relaxing stay here and will be back of we return to Corfu.

Dear Sunrock, we booked your hostel by recommendation of Lonely Planet but were a bit disappointed. When we arrived both swimming pools were empty, we were not provided with WiFi, andthe female manager took on an angry tone towards us on 2 occasions. Adding to that, the two younger girls working during our stay were very nice. We found the pictures on the website to be misleading, the sundeck for example has a different look and feel to it. All in all not what we expected...

• 21st Jul 2015

They really have a problem with reservations. They write down everything in a book so they always mix reservation. My room was full of cricket and centipede. They gave my room to another couple so they finished a new room for me instead. The bed broke when I went to bed (I'm small) so I got to sleep in another room cheaper. I still had to pay for the room with the broken bed (more expensive) because she had to pay an electrician to finish it for me... (because she mixed up reservation......)

The location right on a beautiful beach is perfect. When we arrived in Corfu town, we just gave a call and Madalena's husband came to pick us up. The room was comfortable and clean, the staff very friendly and easy-going! I really recommend this hostel, as for a very low price you also have dinner and breakfast included. The only problem is the distance to the city center, but we asked for a drive there.

Sunrock is like one huge happy family. Thank you for everything, from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. You all showed us how beautiful Corfu can be. Thanks again.

The view to sea (and the sunset) from the hostel was amazing, the food was homemade and delicious, and the staff were very nice, specially some of the volunteers.

I would highly recommend Sunrock to all ages. The family who runs it and the staff they select, have created a friendly, inclusive atmosphere. The only issue is you don't want to leave!! Breakfast is provided with options to choose from and you can sit down to an evening meal as a group. The family are real and passionate about Greece. The surrounding area is stunning, with a semi private beach only moments away.

The owners of the hostel do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable.

Perfect hostel. Great Cliffside view over the bay - esp at sunset. 2 mins from the beach. Lovely lovely staff - good food and people - with clean facilities. Could not have asked for more! Tab system for drinks and food works very well and a lovely dinner and breakfast is included in the price. Thanks for a lovely stay Madelina! From Nat and Matt x

I would recommend this hostel to anyone who was traveling to Corfu. Everything was excellent about this hostel: the people, the food, the location, the rooms, etc. We have been traveling for seven weeks now and this is the best experience that we have had at a hostel. Thank you Magdalena and all of the staff for making us feel right at home!

Beautiful location, really friendly staff and absolutely amazing food. What more could you want?! Airport pick up made a lot of difference, and just such lovely hosts.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed stay. Met some awesome people and for the most part got to relax which is exactly what I wanted. A few reviews below speak of Mosquitos, a tedious hill to climb, and weak wifi. Bring insect repellent, hire a car / scooter, and wifi in the common area is all you need in the long run, you're on holiday, take a holiday from your phone. The family who run this hostel are top notch, and definitely add to the good vibes. The staff are also a lot of fun. One big happy family :)

This place is absolutely amazing, you would be very hard pressed to not feel welcome. The location is perfect on a lovely beach where you can do daily mud baths. Breakfast and dinner are included and they are all homemade not at all like the generic stuff I'm used to. You really feel like one of the family as soon you walk through the door. The sunsets are amazing the hostel is very clean and the prices are very good! I highly recommend to anyone who wants to visit Greece.

• 18th Jun 2015

GO TO SUNROCK! You won't regret it! Its an amazing place in a beautiful setting and with the communal dinners you can't help but make friends! Delicious free breakfast menu and 2 course dinner made by the amazing MADALENA ;) The whole family are delightful and the animals are adorable. PUPPIES! They even have puppies right now! Such a welcoming environment I was a solo traveler and left with a whole crew of new friends from across the globe, thanks Sunrock for being such an awesome experience :D