Sunset Backpackers Reviews

Rodovia Jornalista Manoel Menezes, 631, Praia Mole, Florianopolis, Brazil

View is actually amazing get to see everything! Party organizations are good too they organize transfers and everything! They have a bus stop near by to go into the center but no shops nearby if you wanna buy something to eat. Bar was a little expensive for me in comparison to other hostels I'd stayed in the area. Good vibe around the hostel and get wifi nearly everywhere which was a bonus! Would of liked cleaner toilets as they where average overall decent hostel.

Nice place but just not that great

I get back to my room one night and there was somebody in my bed because the way they assigned beds was completely unorganized. Also the AC didn’t work in almost any room, and the first night the room didn’t even have a fan. Hostel´s facilities are very uncomfortable if you have the bad luck and get one of the lowers rooms. I had to walk almost 4 floors to get to there. The kitchen was a complete mess. It was dirty, and flooded. The best thing of the hostel is the bar. Good beer and food.

The staff would guide you to the paradise. The manager Gabi is the soul of the hostel, she is more than an excellent worker (she works 12 hours a day) Gabi has the power to make the simple things being almost perfect.

Awesome view from the top room, however super thin walls so very noisy at night, hear people partying/coming home till 3am each night

Great location. Totally friendly staff. Very fun and social environment. On the down side: facilities and furniture are pretty old and abused. Also the place is always humid and moist, so mold and mildew are a constant battle. They pack the place, so pretty noisy at all hours.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I'm a 30 year old gay male from San Francisco. Stayed here because it's super close to the gay beach. Awesome food and a cool view. Staff are super nice, friendly and English speaking. First night my room was really terrible- hot, no working fan, and cockroaches in the barhroom. Switched rooms and it was amazing. Met someone who had the same experience and she switched into the new room too and loved it. Overall good hostel but probably wouldn't stay there again as I liked Barra way better.

Ok this hostel is average, there is not a lot going on, the security is definitely poor, and there are not locks on the dorms, and yes some peoples stuff did go missing, the view is great, yet is a little bit away from town, though not hard to get to. They have a bar which is good, and makes good food, it was the only hostel I stayed in I was able to get food. The atmosphere was average, though you can still meet people. It's definitely for people that want to chill.

A friendly hostel with a really lovely view over the lake from the main area. It's not in the main town so don't expect everything on your doorstep, but it's easy enough to get to by local bus and the hostel organise a night out every night, so plenty of chances to meet people! The breakfast was standard: bread, cheese, ham and watermelon. Overall, would stay here again as long as I'm not right at the bottom of the hill -so steep!

Great hostel with excellent atmosphere. Super well located next to great beaches ( mole and joaquina ) and Lagoa da Conceicao, where we can find good places to have fun and eat!

• 15th Oct 2015

Very friendly staff including the owner. Great views to enjoy Caipirinhas too, would definitely like to come back one day

• 6th Sep 2015

The staff and the people were amazing! We had such a great time in there and met with lots of new people! It was secure and the staff helped us with everything. The view was also magnificent. I definitely recommend.

I had a great time!

• 17th Aug 2015

Best hostel of Brazil. The staff are very polite and helpful except by the reception desk girl Amanda thats mistreated me saying i'm not welcome even knowing that i'm a frequent hosteler at Backpackers Sunset. She said im unwelcome because i choose to extend my trip, she dont like people with money to spent, she prefers seeing people leaving the Hostel. Another problem girl is Patricia of bedroom cleaning thats also doesn't have capacity to act politely and prefers to think that we are beggars.

Pros: The hostel definitely had an amazing view . The location was good - 5 minutes to the beach, 10 minutes to bars/restuarants and 30 mintues to Lagoa centre. Good atmosphere and parties/day trips offered most days - great for solo travellers! Cons: The food and drink at the bar is a a little expensive. I found sharing a bathroom with 14 people difficult as the bathroom got dirty very quickly compared to other hostels I have stayed in.

View all Florianopolis Hostels