Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

There was a banner in the hall were it was written "6th best hostel in the world". It is not. The location is central, but the rooms are very loud at night. The facilities were okay but a bit old. Staff was not very interested in the guests for my opinion.

Staff friendly who give good information for visit, bedroom very confortable, the view of the tage and sunset wine offer! Great deal for meal, different party to meet other people, free breakfast and free coffee or tea all day long.

• 16th Apr 2015

By far, one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Beautiful, tranquil, and run by extraordinarily friendly and helpful staffmembers, especially Rafa, Luca, and the female receptionist who works in the morning (sorry, I forgot to ask your name!). Access to the other hostels in the city is a definite plus. I will definitely stay here again!

It's one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Staff were really friendly, great rooms and nice outdoor area.

If you go to Lisbon make sure you stay here. It'll make your trip that much better!

As other reviewers have stated. I think this hostel is overrated. It lacks good management. I do not recommend the dinners, the facilities are "ok" (I don't care about a rooftop pool). I did not feel that some of the staff was implicated enough (I did not feel any generosity in some of them: why are you doing this job then?). The toilets were not spotless as one would expect with such a high rating.

Best hostel I have ever been to. Friendly staff, very clean and tidy, internet working good on all areas. The best of all is that terrace with an amazing view perfect to relax sunbathing with drinks. They provide an awesome atmosphere. In love with Sunset destination hostel.

• 4th Apr 2015

Excellent hostel in one of the best locations in Lisbon. When i arrived in lisbon I had booked another hostel, but it was terrible. Luckly sunsent destination was available and my experience in Portugal became much better. When i return to lisbon i'll definitely stay there.

The nicest hostel I have ever stayed in with the nicest staff!! We arrived super early because of an early flight and were offered breakfast - which was delicious! The room was lovely, beds comfy and lots of privacy due to the design of the beds, despite staying in a 10 room dorm. The Terrace is beautiful. Security good! & Fantastic location - a beautiful walk into town! I can not rate this hostel highly enough!

We had a really wonderful time here. Staff were really lovely. The hostel was full of character and unusual features because of it's unusual setting (being built into the old station building) and its excellent roof terrace. And the location was great. So easy to get anywhere because we were literally on top of the station - but also within very easy reach of the old town.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very friendly and helpful staff! The hostel has two other locations in the city and regularly offer tours/excursions! Very well organized! Don't miss the pool on the rooftop!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Loved this hostel! Conveniently located, helpful and friendly staff, very clean and comfortable. Great breakfast included, good wifi, gorgeous views from the rooftop terrace. Would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Lisbon!

It was an ok experience, but I can not really understand the hype that is made about it. Before offering all sorts of activities and experiences, a hostel should get its main business model straight: Offering accommodation. If you are mainly searching for a fancy place to stay, Sunset Hostel is definitely not a 10 point hostel. Double rooms are terribly overpriced and do not offer any storage space, there are too few bathroom facilities which were sometimes very dirty etc...

• 28th Mar 2015

My friend and I had a great stay here! Everything was very clean and tidy and most of the staff were friendly. Pancakes in the morning were definitely a treat as well. We especially loved the rooftop area, which was a great way to meet people over sunset drinks. I also liked the clear tent bar area which was a great place to eat or to hang out if you didn't want to be out in the cold. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone going to Lisbon.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

UNREAL HOSTEL. the nicest staff i've ever interacted with, they help you find places to eat and drink and are also the ones who go on the pubcrawl with you which makes you feel super safe! You also have free breakfast, it means fresh fruit and veggies like oranges and tomatoes and they have crepes with jam and butter and nutella as well as bread and cereal and sliced meat. The hostel is in a great location, right by a bus stop and train!

Absolutely best hostel in all of Lisbon. Great people, great breakfast, great location, and the rooftop pool and bar are awesome. Always something to do here.

Had the greatest few days staying in the Sunset Hostel. Very clean, super friendly and helpful staff. Chilled out atmosphere. Excellent facilities.

• 21st Mar 2015

I felt at home right away here. The staff is all incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Everything is nice and clean and overall I felt staying here was a great value for the price. It's in a great location right on the beach very close to the center of the city and you can watch the sunset from the terrace which is beautiful. There is always something fun going on. It has been my favorite hostel of anywhere so far and I would definitely come back.

• 17th Mar 2015

Sunset destination Hostel is an amazing place that I absolutely recommend and where I would come back any time. The terrasse is really nice and is the perfect place to meet people while having a beer and looking at the sea. The staff is kind and offer us many different activies to get to know the city better. Beds are very comfy and showers are great. Don't hesitate, go!

• 12th Mar 2015

I absolutely loved the staff. They are so friendly and smiley, not to mention very helpful. Plus, this hostel is really clean. All the rooms are cleaned every single day, towels changed, etc. This is definitely one of the finest hostels I've ever stayed in. Breakfast!!!! Love the pancakes :D Miam. I actually looked forward to breakfast everyday even though in general I don't eat breakfast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5