Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

The place was amazing but the staff was even better. The best team i have ever seen. Every one was dedicated and brought his own energy and personality. There was no standard like what you can find in some clubs where it's all about the fun. Here, everybody was kind, helful, smart and smily, friendly, available and not intrusive. And with all the things I was letting behind all the time, I always found them and had nothing stolen. It felt like home because I could invite friends over. PERFECT

• 24th Aug 2015

Such an amazing hostel. You are really spoilt with facilities. All essentials are free. The opportunity to go on numerous tours are rife. And as a frequent lone traveller, I definitely had the best time. Thanks to all the staff x

• 21st Aug 2015

We had a wonderful experience from the start, great staff really helpful, good atmosphere and lots of facilities to use. The location was wonderful just above the cais do sodre trainstation near the buses, and the ferry terminals. The rooftop terrace (did I mention the swimming pool) a view over the river the bridge and Cristo Rei, the zebra bar and the dome is one of the many reasons people book this hostel and the ratings are top level. Destination Sunset has a great vibe.

• 20th Aug 2015

Relaxing, helpful, i will definitely be back! Only downside is the beds are hard to climb if you arrive in the middle of the night

YES! Awesome place. Met really nice people. The outdoor terrace with pool and hang out space is the best outside area I've ever seen in a hostel. It was so nice to just chill out there in the pool or lay around after a day of exploring. STAY HERE!!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff were exceptional, the kitchen was great, the rooms were big and beds were comfy (although top bunk was a pain to get up to). The outdoor area is perfect and includes a bar, pool plus a massage pavilion. The breakfast was very good and included freshly made pancakes everyday. It's located in a train station which is odd but you'd never know and it makes it so easy to get everywhere. Can not recommend this place highly enough.

This place is awesome. Definitely in my worldwide top three. Realxed atmosphere, swimming pool and rooftop bar, really nice furnishing and top cleanliness... Plus the tours they organise. I would recommend it to anybody!

The perfect hostel for a nice stay in Lisbon. The roof area is awesome (with pool, a bar and nice view). I met very nice people. The hostel is gigantic (all over the first floor of the train station). The staff is very nice and helpfull. The breakfast was very very good. I will definetly come back to this hostel.

Best hostel I have stayed in! Staff is just unbelievably friendly! Many thanks to Rafa ;) Decoration is great and the rooftop with the pool and the turkish tent is just awesome! Location is also super, right in the city centre. Will definitely be coming back to this hostel and I have recommeded it already to a bunch of friends! Well done guys at Sunset! Keep it up!! :) you have a brilliant hostel!

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

It was totally awesome place and amazing hostel ever!!The place was very close to train station. Staffs at destination hotel are very nice and kind!!This hostel is chain hotel with 3 desitnation hostel, one is on alfama, another one is on city central.However, I definitely recommend Sunset destination!! Because of the roof top place is awesome..You can see the nice scenary. and Destination acatully operates a lot of tour programmes and activities!! I had several activities, it was amazing!

Beautiful hanging out area, very cosy. Swimming pool is just what you need after a hot day in Lisbon. Fado tour is excellent, however the tour price only comes with one drink. I wanted to pay for more for drinks myself, but the guide didn't facilitate this & our group was very thirsty as it was a hot evening.

Best hostel I have ever stayed at.

• 1st Aug 2015

Did not have any padlocks available which was a shame because everything else was great but knowing my belongings weren't secure was a let down.

I had an excellent stay at Sunset Destination and would definitely recommend it. Not only was it clean and very comfortable (with a great roof to relax & enjoy a cocktails & the pool) but the staff was amazing. I do not think I met one staff member who didn't have an incredible energy and a desire to help. From the moment I arrived at 5am, Diogo was incredible, giving great recommendations & making me feel at home..Loved the staff & the travelers..Wonderful experience and will definitely return!

• 31st Jul 2015

The facilities and especially the roof top terrace with its delicious mojitos and caipirinhas were awesome! The staff was really helpful and friendly, and the location, although raising doubts in the beginning about being at a train station, turned out to be excellent. The only thing I would improve is the breakfast; the food served was good, but there was too little of everything, so we quickly ran out of things and had to wait a long time for a refill. Still, and awesome hostel!

Best location possible. Great vibe and environment starting from when you wake up and it goes all day. Being able to chill and relax on the deck was exactly what I needed!

The Hostel is the Awesome, I stayed an extra night just because off all the activities they do and ppl you get to meet.

Great location with a rare pool roof and great water view. Staff was generally friendly and informative. Day trip and pub crawl guides were amazing. Stayed there for four days, but required to move 3 times. There is NO refund on any activities including bike rental, but not noted on receipt or mentioned anywhere so BEWARE. Furnitures were a little run down. Lastly, room 102 was very tight for 4 people and smelled. Overall nice stay with a few issues they need to correct.

I've traveled a lot, and this has been the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They always offer you advice and suggestions to make your stay in Lisbon memorable. The breakfast is great and they replenish everything until the time is over. The bathrooms and facilities were always clean. The relaxed atmosphere made it easy to feel at ease and at home. The location is incredibly convenient. I fell in love with Lisbon because of the staff! Cant wait to be back!

We told the staff already that it has been definitely the best hostel we've have ever been. Big rooms, nice beds, everything was always clean, a lot of bathrooms, maintenance was always keeping an eye on everything, perfect location...there's nothing we can complaint. Special mention to Juncal/June and Miguel who treat us very well. We'll definitely recommend the place to our friends.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6