Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

Loved talking with June and Kiko and Miguel who were part of the staff. The place was excellent. The only two things that could have been better were the "stairs" on the bunk bed (prettier than functional) and the fact that the locker for the bed was only protected by a mini lock which is easily broken by someone with intent. One last thing, the water in the shower has timers, which is great for people that take long showers like me, but a timer for 10-15 seconds is too little and gets annoying

Great terrace with pool and free drink at sunset. Located right on the water. Rooms are nice breakfast was good. Amazing staff. Short walk to downtown. Amazing hostel to start or end your trip. It's easy to relax but also very easy to go out and do a lot.

My friend and I stayed the Sunset Destination Hostel in Lisbon in June 2015 - what a brilliant time we had! The staff were so friendly and helpful, especially with organising a surprise birthday celebration with cake and drinks for my friend. The rooftop terrace is unlike anything we've ever seen at a hostel before, it had an incredible view and great atmosphere with a bar and music all day long. Its in a perfect location, trains, bars, clubs and shops all nearby. Thanks so much for a great time

Location is good but the entrance is not quite outstanding. Facilities is good and the bed is comfortable. Staff are friendly and good at English.

Definitely my favorite hostel, everything from the staff to facilities are incredible! Met so many new, amazing people just hanging out by the pool or in the dorms. Would definitely recommend the homemade dinners and pub crawl, both are amazing! Located right next to a central train station and the waterfront, very easy to get to and absolutely unforgettable. (:

Sunset is a really great hostel experience! I stayed in both their 4 and 10 bed dorms and both had large lockers that held all of my stuff, a lamp and outlet in each bunk, curtains on all bottom bunks, and a decent amount of space. The AC is also controlled in each room which is great! The best part was the staff at the desk who were incredibly helpful with questions about Portugal but also fantastic to just sit down and have a chat with. Truly the nicest and cleanest hostel I've stayed at!

Great hostel in an even better location. Close to train station and consequently all areas of Lisbon you might want to explore. Rooms are good with useful secure storage areas and breakfast in the morning was a good way to start the day.

• 16th Jun 2015

I just came back home from a long weekend stay at the hostel and it was great. The rooms are very spacious,modern and clean. I love that the beds have curtains for privacy. The rooftop terrace with the pool is awesome. The breakfast and the bbq dinner were great as well. The staff is great, very Attentive and so helpful. The tours that the hostel offers are very good, we took the walking tour and the pub crawl ( it is the best pubcrawl that i've been to)

Nice room but the wooden floor in the hallway in front of our room was pretty noisy and with the cool atmosphere in the first floor of the train station came as well the loud announcements of the train from appr. 6 o'clock in the morning. But while this was a problem in the first night, the next was better and one was used to this.

• 11th Jun 2015

Great hostel! Has everything you could expect from a hostel. It's too bad the rooftop patio isn't open all night, but that's understandable.

Really enjoyed my stay. Certainly one of the top hostels I've stayed at

Basically you pay for the pool, which is nice, but doesn't compensate. Staff is not very nice and available, even though I have the feeling is not their fault - they look like they are under pressure as there are too many people in the hostel. The rooms are extremely noisy since it is on top of a station, and sometimes is too cold, sometimes too warm. For the price in Lisbon you can get much better service, of course without a pool.

Everything excellent about this hostel bar,pool, staff,location brilliant hostel

Great location and friendly staff - would definitely recommend!

• 7th Jun 2015

Well, it is in deed a very creative Hostel and the roof top Garden is unique but please some stuff need to come back to earth as coolness is not everything but can ruin something-also one Woman from the desk it would not hurt to be polite and smile at least once when new guests arrive ;)

This hostel was too good. Took way from the authentic backpacker experience. A very good hostel though!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. The facilities were clean and the design inviting. The rooftop deck and pool was relaxing. The little extras provided by the staff and hostel really make a difference. Wish I'd stayed longer.

It was a great time in the Sunset Destination Hostel. The staff was always friendly and made jokes, the pub crawl was fantastic and the rooms were clean, big and modern. I can just recommend thhis hostel!

top location, helpful staff, a variety of restaurants nearby

• 22nd May 2015
  • Austria

I have travelled all over Europe throughout the last 3 years and this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in Marta greeted us helped us with everything we needed and made us feel at home The rooftop terrace is just icing on the cake amazing times up there meeting new people Thank you for a wonderful stay we love Lisbon

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6