Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

OH MY GOD!!! - as Jancie would say. This is the best hostel ever!!! I only put 100% becuase I don´t have the option of 130%! The roof with the view, the bar and the pool is amazing and its open until 2 a.m. (on the way back home I stayed at a 5 star hotel in Mérida with a pool on the roof wich closed at half past 8, pfff) I had a really great time at Sunset Destination, nice rooms with good wifi, great location next to the river, nice free walking tour with Pedro. Will go back defenatly!!

Perfect location, perfect breakfast, perfect city, perfect roof terrace, perfect staff, perfect place! Already booked more nights for next month!

The best Hostel I found so far in Europe! It is huge, people are lovely, loads of facilities, view to the sea, pool, very clean and stylish, environment friendly and literally above the train and underground stations.

Majority of things were really ok but a few things bothered us a bit. Breakfast was not ready when it was informed us to start but evolving the next half an hour. Two sinks to wash your dishes and room for washed dishes were not enough during the "rush hours".

a fantastic hostel with a pool, delicious breakfast and great atmosphere. The hostel is attached to the train station and very close to the centre of the city and tourism area. The hostel puts on many activities including a dinner every night, which was delicious and great value. We went on the free walking tour, however were a bit disappointed with the guide and found ourselves doing our own tour instead. The pizza place right across from the hostel was delicious too!

The only complaint I had was that the 4-person dorm room we stayed in was way too small for four people. There was very little room to breathe! Everything else was great though. The breakfast even had crepes!

• 1st Jul 2014

First time user of hostels and would certainly do so again. Great service, we arrived late, but no problem for hostel. Room comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, providing some useful local knowledge that wouldn't be so easy to find elsewhere. We took the walking tour of Lisbon which was great for orientation, but also gave us the heads up on what to look our for, what to expect, fair prices to pay, etc.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Such a great stay at Sunset Destination Hostel! Many thanks to the staff! They're really lovely and helpful, make you feel welcome, plus they're always available. The hostel is great, I like that that they're trying to be eco-friendly. Location is perfect, because it's central and you are right in the train station if you want to move around Lisbon, and there's a great view of the Tagus. The hostel is very clean and very well maintained. Facilities are great. Highly recommend!!

• 27th Jun 2014

Loved it! Especially the pool was awesome! It's not right in the city centre, but it's only about 10 min walk to many places, so no problem really. We have tried 3 different hostels in Lisbon and if we were to return to one of them, we would pick Sunset.

The best hostel I stayed in all trip! I Highly recommend this hostel! The location is perfect!

• 25th Jun 2014

Had a great three days at the Sunset Destination Hostel. I would definitely stay there again and recommend others too as well.

• 24th Jun 2014

This was my second stay at this hostel. My sister was running the marathon in Lisbon so we were hardly in the hostel at all, but it was great the second time around! There weren´t 10 bed dorms available for the weekend we needed, and the 6 bed dorm was a little expensive, especially since room size doesn´t matter to me at all. But no complaints! Great stay!

My stay at sunset destination was really good. The best was the location (literally in the train station that takes you to Belem and caiscais if you want a little day trip) and the very generous staff. I was there a couple of weeks ago and the portugues man working in the afternoon/night was very kind. The hostel itself is quite beautiful. The only thing that maybe not everyone would like is that it seemed to have almost exclusively english speakers, It didn't have a very "international" feel.

This was an awesome hostel. Staff were really helpful and friendly. The cheep dinners and bbqs were fun. And the terrace with cheep drinks were wesome. Will definitely stay here again next visit.

The hostel is right next to the train station, opposite of the ocean and heart of Lisboa. The staff is extremely NICE! The facility is brialliant, on the roof top u will find a nice swimming pool with an ocean view and a bar with a lovely French bartender :). The bed room and restroom is super clean and new. There is a guitar and Mac computer for the guest. There are many option for breakfast, bread, cereal, pancake, fruit etc.! ( I would say it just like a hotel).

Great staff, nice facilities, rooms are nicely done and clean. Loved it!!

Breakfast was very poor. Bread, Butter and Jam. I expected more than this. It was very loud and I woke up every night, because my room was directly beneath the entrance door for everybody having a room on this floor. The terrace was definitely also not what I expected after checking the website. There is only one point where you can see the river, and this is by staying directly in front of the small pool. This pool was closed for 2 of the 4 days I spent there. But staff was very friendly!

• 18th Jun 2014

This is a wonderful hostel, with a very devoted and cool staff. The room was very nice, and offered a lot of privacy for a 6 bed dorm. Manager was aaccommodating of my request for a bottom bunk. The dinner for 9 euros is a great deal, and delicious. The rooftop is beautiful as well.

The coolest hostel I've ever stayed in. Walking distance to everything conveniently located on top of a train station which u can take to go to sintra and cascais. Super easy to find and get to and from airport. Rooftop pool Has a view of the river and is nice and clean. Beds are comfortable AC works very well. Breakfast was bread and cereal and had amazing coffee!!! Wish I could have stayed longer. Perfect.

I absolutely loved this hostel. Everything was great: clean, safe, great facilities. Only thing I would recommend would be that the staff could be more knowledgable

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5