Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

I loved my stay here. Everyone was very friendly and it was easy to feel like we were at home. Thanks!

• 30th Apr 2015

Very pleasant atmosphere, very nice staff and overall very good hostel on great place near beach with beautiful view. Hope to see you soon. ☺☺☺☺

Great people and atmosphere, loved the place A great deal for the price.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • India

This is probably the best hostel that I lived so far. Perfectly located (right by the sea and the train station), nice food, fantastic design,wonderful terrace! I had a wonderful time there! P.S. Most of the staff were extremely friendly, except for one or two. They didn't even look into your eyes when they talked. Hope I'm not being too picky but when everybody else was perfect, this "small" imperfection seemed to be more "outstanding"..

Perfect hostels (both of the three) and nice team ! Cheers from Belgium

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 25-30

You can either stay at this hostel, or make a mistake. Wonderful staff! Plenty of excursions planned by the staff, including free walking tours, cheap delicious eats, and discounted pub crawls. And plus the view! Amazing! Only problem was the electrical outlet in my girlfriends bunk was broken, but that didn't stop us from having an amazing time!

• 22nd Apr 2015

There was a banner in the hall were it was written "6th best hostel in the world". It is not. The location is central, but the rooms are very loud at night. The facilities were okay but a bit old. Staff was not very interested in the guests for my opinion.

Staff friendly who give good information for visit, bedroom very confortable, the view of the tage and sunset wine offer! Great deal for meal, different party to meet other people, free breakfast and free coffee or tea all day long.

• 16th Apr 2015

By far, one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Beautiful, tranquil, and run by extraordinarily friendly and helpful staffmembers, especially Rafa, Luca, and the female receptionist who works in the morning (sorry, I forgot to ask your name!). Access to the other hostels in the city is a definite plus. I will definitely stay here again!

It's one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Staff were really friendly, great rooms and nice outdoor area.

If you go to Lisbon make sure you stay here. It'll make your trip that much better!

As other reviewers have stated. I think this hostel is overrated. It lacks good management. I do not recommend the dinners, the facilities are "ok" (I don't care about a rooftop pool). I did not feel that some of the staff was implicated enough (I did not feel any generosity in some of them: why are you doing this job then?). The toilets were not spotless as one would expect with such a high rating.

Best hostel I have ever been to. Friendly staff, very clean and tidy, internet working good on all areas. The best of all is that terrace with an amazing view perfect to relax sunbathing with drinks. They provide an awesome atmosphere. In love with Sunset destination hostel.

• 4th Apr 2015

Excellent hostel in one of the best locations in Lisbon. When i arrived in lisbon I had booked another hostel, but it was terrible. Luckly sunsent destination was available and my experience in Portugal became much better. When i return to lisbon i'll definitely stay there.

The nicest hostel I have ever stayed in with the nicest staff!! We arrived super early because of an early flight and were offered breakfast - which was delicious! The room was lovely, beds comfy and lots of privacy due to the design of the beds, despite staying in a 10 room dorm. The Terrace is beautiful. Security good! & Fantastic location - a beautiful walk into town! I can not rate this hostel highly enough!

We had a really wonderful time here. Staff were really lovely. The hostel was full of character and unusual features because of it's unusual setting (being built into the old station building) and its excellent roof terrace. And the location was great. So easy to get anywhere because we were literally on top of the station - but also within very easy reach of the old town.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very friendly and helpful staff! The hostel has two other locations in the city and regularly offer tours/excursions! Very well organized! Don't miss the pool on the rooftop!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Loved this hostel! Conveniently located, helpful and friendly staff, very clean and comfortable. Great breakfast included, good wifi, gorgeous views from the rooftop terrace. Would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Lisbon!

It was an ok experience, but I can not really understand the hype that is made about it. Before offering all sorts of activities and experiences, a hostel should get its main business model straight: Offering accommodation. If you are mainly searching for a fancy place to stay, Sunset Hostel is definitely not a 10 point hostel. Double rooms are terribly overpriced and do not offer any storage space, there are too few bathroom facilities which were sometimes very dirty etc...

• 28th Mar 2015

My friend and I had a great stay here! Everything was very clean and tidy and most of the staff were friendly. Pancakes in the morning were definitely a treat as well. We especially loved the rooftop area, which was a great way to meet people over sunset drinks. I also liked the clear tent bar area which was a great place to eat or to hang out if you didn't want to be out in the cold. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone going to Lisbon.

• 25th Mar 2015