Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

It was a great time in the Sunset Destination Hostel. The staff was always friendly and made jokes, the pub crawl was fantastic and the rooms were clean, big and modern. I can just recommend thhis hostel!

• 23rd May 2015

top location, helpful staff, a variety of restaurants nearby

• 22nd May 2015
  • Austria

I have travelled all over Europe throughout the last 3 years and this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in Marta greeted us helped us with everything we needed and made us feel at home The rooftop terrace is just icing on the cake amazing times up there meeting new people Thank you for a wonderful stay we love Lisbon

I stayed with my girlfriend for one night, and I couldn't chosen a better hostel to stay. The staff very friendly,and an awesome swimming pool with river views. I have being upgrade to a private en-suite room with my girlfriend for free and it has nice services such as free tours, Fado night and pub cowl. Simple the Bests

Nice, modern and relatively spacious hostel. The rooftop bar (and pool) is a massive plus. The location is quite central close to the river. The "drinking street" is near, so is a nice market/food court.

Staff is very helpful! There's a pool on the top of the hostel and they maked barbecue there. It's almost inside the train station 'Cais do Sodré'. Very close to the mains sightseeing and just 20 minutes to the beach. The atmosphere was also very great, and the ambient was a quite familiar. I strongly recommend to go there and relax! PS: Good breakfast for free.

Awesome hostel. Can't say fairer than that!

Awesome hostel with a good atmosphere!

• 7th May 2015

This place is seriously amazing! I never write reviews but felt I had to for this hostel. Amazing staff, delicious breakfast with pancakes, juice and fresh sliced oranges/tomatoes. I lost my charger and they had one for me to borrow no fee. Got a tattoo and the hostel bandaged me up for the sun right when I hit back. Honestly better than some hotels I've stayed at!!!

• 7th May 2015

I loved this hostel and all the staff became like a family to me. I had a barbicue night at the other hostel in the old town which was also fantastic. I did the pub crawl with 14 other guests and it was the best night in Portugal. Thankyou soooo much to all the lovely staff.

Lisboa Sunset was a delightful place to begin and then end my Europe trip. The beds, bunk but do not shake, the bathrooms were modern and clean, the Kitchen spacious and practical. My high praise for the staff who make it oh so much better. June (Receptionist) who took my money like my Mama said they would, is as sweet as they come. Rafa, my go to guy for all things Lisboa, was a joyful amigo. Diogo showed me the way, everywhere. Frazer from Canada would whip up pancakes Everyone Thxs

I've been here for 3 nights with a friend, we were in a 4bed mixed dorm. The room was very big, as were the common areas (and the terrace+pool were AWESOME!) and the staff was very kind and helpful! The area is great, literally 10min walk from the heart of Barrio Alto or Chiado/Baixa. I would definitely recommend this hostel :)

Perfect first experience staying in a hostel. Everyone was very helpful and in good spirits. The hostel was beautiful with a mini rooftop pool - you can't even find that in Paris ! The setup was great with the perfect balance of access to the kitchen so you can do your own thing but also the organization of group dinners. Loved the bar and the outdoor area and my room was great too - you guys have thought of everything with the little drawers and curtains that you can pull close & your own lamp.

• 30th Apr 2015

This is the best hostel I've stayed in. Usually, it is just a place to sleep and shower, but Sunset Destination Hostel was really difficult to leave because I was having so much fun

I haven't stayed in many hostels as this is just the beginning of my stay, but it was such a great experience. I met so many awesome people, it was great being able to do the activities with the other two sister hostels as well. The staff were amazing, super friendly and really helpful. I can't wait to go back! The rooftop terrace is so nice to be able to sit and watch the sky. Also being in the train station was extra convenient. There were all ages there but everyone was great!

I loved my stay here. Everyone was very friendly and it was easy to feel like we were at home. Thanks!

• 30th Apr 2015

One of the staff was just down right rude. I always just hoped that they weren't there. Some though were wonderful! I didn't like the idea of the curfew and wi-fi was pretty terrible in my area but the facilities were always clean and I can't really complain about much else. Great location.

The rooftop terrace was definitely the coolest thing ever I have ever seen in a hostel! The staff was great and always very helpful, too bad I couldn't participate in any of the tours they had been organizing. The (single!) toilet and shower for the dorm was meh (although always clean) but then I discovered that the additional shower aaaall the way down the hall (next to the rooftop terrace) not only did not have a time restriction for water, but also had a massage option too, try to beat that!

Very pleasant atmosphere, very nice staff and overall very good hostel on great place near beach with beautiful view. Hope to see you soon. ☺☺☺☺

Lovely stay... Would like to come back to Lisbon and eat more pastel de nata and drink best coffee on the world... Otherwise hostel is ok and location is absolute amazing, great connections to airport, Caiscais, Belem, other side of the river.... Just DJ had a horrible taste for music (had a feeling that he don't like guests in hostel, ha ha ha). Would be lovely to listen kizomba music, maybe having kizomba lesons....

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5