Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

Very well kept, friendly and helpful staff, good activities (although the walking tour could be a little more professional and informative). Areas for improvement: something savory at breakfast (ham or cheese?), and top beds are difficult to climb into and out of. In any case, best hostel I've been to.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Finland

It's great here, I want to come back soon! And I love the BBQ, the Crepes for Breakfast and especially the daily walking tour with Pedro and the Fado-Tour with him was also very good :-)

Grand location, dedicated young staff, perfectly clean and just the perfect place to stay in Lisbon! I enjoyed the view from the terrace and the art deco-surroundings. All my questions were answered at any time of the day - absolutely recommendable!!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Austria

I would recommend this hostel to anybody!!!!!

• 4th Apr 2014

The staff was very helpful. They gave us tips about places to go and everyone was very friendly. The hostel has special tours for important places around Portugal, such as Fatima and Sintra. The tour to Sintra is perfect, everything is magical there and Daniel is one of the best guides to show the city. The fact that the hostel is located in a train station made the trip even more special because it is easy to reach and you feel secure inside.

This hostel is in perfect location with nice and friendly atmosphere. There is lovely functional kitchen, living room, terrace with swimming pool. Plenty of space to relax. Everything is kept very clean.The staff is very helpful. Very convenient transport facilities, train station and there is direct bus number 1 going to the airport. I had good stay, felt like i was at home.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Poland

I would like to say that I really enjoyed my stay. I felt very welcomed especially by Madalena who was the sweetest woman. I love the vintage feel of the place and the location was spot on. I will definitely be staying there again!

• 26th Mar 2014

A great thanks goes to the Team of Sunset Destination Hostel.They not only answered concerns or questions about organizing the stay at Lisbon but also made this hostel feel like a place you like to come back after an exhausting day trip.

• 23rd Mar 2014

I never write reviews for hostels but Sunset hostel was such a fantastic place that everyone must know about! the location is footsteps away from buses, trains, the tram, the metro making it very accessible and it has a great view for if you want to stay in as well. The staff were so welcoming, took the time to learn the names of each guest and recommend sights and activities. The hostel also had great excursions and day trips to explore outside of Lisbon and the dinner meals were a fun time!

It was so far the best hostel I stayed at. Only to be recommended!

Excellent location, very friendly staff and many available tours and activities

The hostel was quite fantastic. I did not give a perfect review carelessly but because I felt that my stay was perfect. Mostly we felt the atmosphere, staff, location, and opportunities which the hostel provided were quite flawless. Especially the dinner that served at the hostel was amazing. At 9 euros the dinner was excellently priced. As the food was quite tasty. I do plan on returning and would recommend this hostel to others.

• 12th Mar 2014

Sunset has essentially perfected the hostel experience by charging a fair price for one to stay in a great location right above a train station and then combining that with a great atmosphere with that includes awesome amenities (Pool deck, on site messages, nice bathrooms, kitchen..), which is then all taken care of very well by their awesome staff. Just as well, they create the "hostel family" and friendly atmosphere, which began right away with our tour around the hostel upon our arrival.

• 6th Mar 2014

This was my first time traveling all by myself and the hostel made me feel very comfortable. I left feeling more confident about traveling alone. I love the hostel's activities (tours and events) and the nine euros dinners were excellent. I am in love with Lisbon and would definitely go back to stay at the same hostel.

• 3rd Mar 2014

Very nice hostel in a great location. From there it is easy to explore the main sights of the city. The pancakes for breakfast were delicious. We felt safe here and the room was comfy. The staff did their best to make us feel like home. I would definitely stay there again.

Sunset Destination Hostel is the perfect pick in Lisbon. I went there with my mum for a 3 days trip. It was the first time for her staying at a hostel and she really loved the experience. The stuff in this hostel is extremely helpful and nice. The rooms are cozy and clean, the building is beautiful, breakfast is great, coffee and tea all the day long for free, nice chill out area, amazing people to meet and a great terrace from where you can enjoy an amazing sunset.

Sunset hostel is the place to be for people who like to have an easygoing and relaxing stay at Lisbon. It offers you organized tours and delicious optional meals in the evenings. There is a cozy common room where people meet each other and have a good laugh and many a beer. Last but not least, the staff is very friendly and always willing to help you out! Many thanks! Simon

We stayed two nights and the hostel staff is awesome here.. They give you a lot of informations and they are really friendly and helpful .. Thanks for the nice time

A really exceptional hostel. Large rooms, low prices and extremely friendly staff that are very helpful in terms of advice and who run a number of enjoyable activities for those that want to socialise. The hostel is really easy to find and still easily close enough to the main attractions to walk in and out of town. Couldn't recommend this place more highly.

I stayed here with a group of friends for one night. We accidentally booked for the wrong night and the staff went out of their way, to rearrange us, so that we could stay comfortably. The only thing that I would change, is that there was very little hot water, when I showered. Otherwise, great experience, thanks!

• 28th Feb 2014