Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

I stayed at the hostel as a traveler alone. The staff made me feel welcome. Location is perfect, the breakfast was great and the payed dinner is cheap and of very good value. Compfy beds. A big is the free touwel, linnen and a good locker. Only downside: first day i arrived the pool was pretty dirty (rest of the days were good) and they dont serve a good mojito. IF YOU DONT STAY IN THIS HOSTEL YOUR CRAZY!

• 17th Aug 2014

BEST HOSTEL EVER! My friend and I stayed here for three nights and we loved every minute of it. Everyone was super nice and extremely helpful. This hostel had an awesome atmosphere and had so many things to offer- from the rooftop pool to free walking tours to the 5euro burger fries and beer! We went on the Sinatra tour, the street art tour, and the free walking tour- all were amazing, our tour guides were literally the bees knees! Manuel, Magdalena, Daniel, Eric, Carlos, and Daniel-THANK YOU!

• 13th Aug 2014

Yeah! Great Staff, super breakfast and really cool interior furnishing. Big up, hannes

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Everything perfect. If anything to improve: the breakfast could have better assortment :)

By far the best hostel experience I've had...and I've had many. The staff were all so interesting, friendly, and helpful. The activities provided ranged from classic bar crawls to awesome cultural immersion opportunities. The shared rooms had privacy screens and outlets which was SO key. If you're going to Lisbon stay here! The pool is a bit smaller than the picture let on, but hey, a pool is a pool! I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Lisbon. I would go back to Lisbon JUST to stay here.

Great bar and swimming pool area on the rooftop. Great people and vibes! Honestly i would recommend to anyone staying in lisbon. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

A great hostel. The rooftop garden with a pool was a definite bonus.

It was the first hostel that I stayed at and removed all my apprehension about living in hostels. The bunks were very comfortable and sturdy (meaning they didn't make noise when people got on the top bunk. Very secure.

Sunset is quite a jewel in Lisbon. The deck and pool are unmatched, perfect place to chillout in the afternoon. The beds are comfortable and private. Breakfast is generous, with some well made crepes. They also have many activities and tours which are shared with their other 2 hostels in the city which you can visit as well. I will definitely be back, and recommend this place to everyone, don't think about it, just book it... now! :D

Sunset Destination Hostel was excellent. It's definitely the best hostel I've stayed at thus far. The staff were very happy, friendly and helpful people and the facilities eg. rooftop pool, bbq, bar, gym, herb garden etc were all very useful. The pancakes at breakfast were great (& included) :)

We were not in Lisbon for long, so we asked the reception to recommend some places, but she just showed us the map and pointed to the main square and said "go here", but without any specifications. The man that helped us to our room though, seemed very helpful and friendly. It just depends on who you get, I guess. The bathrooms and rooms were fine and they even have crepes for breakfast plus the usual hostel breakfast!

Defenitely a great location and atmosphere - particularly if you're under 30. The pool and roof terrace are an obvious selling point, although the pool water could use some more cleaning now and then. There's also a big kitchen which allows you to cook your own meals, especially as the supermarket is right downstairs. You don't really hear the trains, just the train announcements. If that bugs you, some earplugs should solve your problems. Be prepared to meet lots of Aussies!

By far my favorite hostel. I was greeted warmly the second I arrived. There was always good music playing and the atmosphere was set up nicely for people to hang out and meet each other.

Hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed in, possibly the best in Lisbon. The staff are so genuine, I was introduced to other guests like I was a long lost cousin come to visit. The place is really cool on top of a train station which makes it convenient to get to from the airport or to go to beaches. The Bfast included was better than most I paid for and the pool on top outs the Icing on the cake. Its clean and has a great temp to cool off. The place is soundproof and rooms have AC

AMAZING ! Nice place with nice people and also really cheap and clean ... I hope I can come back soon !! thanks for everything !

• 18th Jul 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights - excellent location. The hostel is very clean and safe, with a wristband entry system.

The best hostel in Lisbon. Super friendly staff, especially Magdalena and Rico! Plus, it has a pool, great security, and super convenient - literally above a train station but you'd never know as it's not noisy at all.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at by far! So convenient having it right at the train station! You'll never get lost! It's super clean and the beds are awesome!! Amazing atmosphere, great staff! Especially Kiko the best crepe maker in the world! ;) But everyone there was super friendly and helpful! I wish all hostels were like this one!

• 14th Jul 2014

There is no other place like Sunset Destination Hostel !! Totally packed with everything that you need including amazing staff and new people you'll meet there every day. Breakfast with a wide choice and Kiko's pancakes are the best! These dinners in the evenings, guys best homemade food I ate for a very long time. The most convenient locations with train station below hostel that will take you on a journey of discovery of Lisbon and beyond it. The view from the rooftop & the Zebra bar hmmm..

• 14th Jul 2014

OH MY GOD!!! - as Jancie would say. This is the best hostel ever!!! I only put 100% becuase I don´t have the option of 130%! The roof with the view, the bar and the pool is amazing and its open until 2 a.m. (on the way back home I stayed at a 5 star hotel in Mérida with a pool on the roof wich closed at half past 8, pfff) I had a really great time at Sunset Destination, nice rooms with good wifi, great location next to the river, nice free walking tour with Pedro. Will go back defenatly!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6