Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

Hands down, my best hostel experience to date! Madalena and the rest of the staff were beyond welcoming and helpful. The location is excellent -- right in a trendy part of the city with lots of cool bars/restaurants, but still a short walking distance to all the more historical parts of the city. I can't wait to go back!

Staff were great, however all the door handles broke and didn't lock and the shower flooded. I'm not exaggerating either. ALL of the doors either broke or didn't lock. It was quite comical really... Pancakes for breakfast is nice as a treat, but not everyday. Some savoury and healthy options would be better.

• 17th Apr 2014

It was really the best hostel i have ever seen! Great people, decorations, cleanness and stuff! couldn't wish a better staying! Definitely recommended!!

• 16th Apr 2014

The best hostel I have stayed in while I have been abroad this semester. Had everything you needed and took time out of their day to help you with anything you could possibly want. And the rooftop terrace with a view of the water is amazing too. Need to stay here.

• 15th Apr 2014

Amazing facilities and lots of ambience. The outdoor terrace and pool overlooking the river was incredible! I only wish I had more time to stay there!

Walking distance from the center, right by the train station. Only complaint was that we booker for 5 people together and they split one person because there was no room, so that was hard to decide who should sleep alone.

• 15th Apr 2014

Very well kept, friendly and helpful staff, good activities (although the walking tour could be a little more professional and informative). Areas for improvement: something savory at breakfast (ham or cheese?), and top beds are difficult to climb into and out of. In any case, best hostel I've been to.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Finland

It's great here, I want to come back soon! And I love the BBQ, the Crepes for Breakfast and especially the daily walking tour with Pedro and the Fado-Tour with him was also very good :-)

Grand location, dedicated young staff, perfectly clean and just the perfect place to stay in Lisbon! I enjoyed the view from the terrace and the art deco-surroundings. All my questions were answered at any time of the day - absolutely recommendable!!

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Austria

Defiantly the best spot to chill out in Lisbon,the staff so friendly and helpful,the food of the hostel was the cheapest place to eat i think and really good.,The breakfast,the massage and even that Brazilian guy who is fixing the hostel all the time hahaha :) i thank to Magdalena and the rest of the staff for been so cool.and i just didn't said good bye cos i don't like to say good bye but i definatly see you soon.it will be difficult to visit Lisbon without going to this place.thank u guys.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

I would recommend this hostel to anybody!!!!!

• 4th Apr 2014

This hostel beat all expectations. This with out a doubt is the best hostel we've stayed at(after 10 weeks of travel we have stayed in lots!)This one can't be beat. The atmosphere amazing ! The staff is phenomenal, friendly caring and will always help you with what ever your needs are! a staff meber Ruby in particular made our trip just that much better, her friendly positive attutide was always plesent to be around. This hostel is in a great location and walking distance from great night life!

• 3rd Apr 2014

The staff was very helpful. They gave us tips about places to go and everyone was very friendly. The hostel has special tours for important places around Portugal, such as Fatima and Sintra. The tour to Sintra is perfect, everything is magical there and Daniel is one of the best guides to show the city. The fact that the hostel is located in a train station made the trip even more special because it is easy to reach and you feel secure inside.

This hostel is in perfect location with nice and friendly atmosphere. There is lovely functional kitchen, living room, terrace with swimming pool. Plenty of space to relax. Everything is kept very clean.The staff is very helpful. Very convenient transport facilities, train station and there is direct bus number 1 going to the airport. I had good stay, felt like i was at home.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Poland

I would like to say that I really enjoyed my stay. I felt very welcomed especially by Madalena who was the sweetest woman. I love the vintage feel of the place and the location was spot on. I will definitely be staying there again!

• 26th Mar 2014

A great thanks goes to the Team of Sunset Destination Hostel.They not only answered concerns or questions about organizing the stay at Lisbon but also made this hostel feel like a place you like to come back after an exhausting day trip.

• 23rd Mar 2014

I never write reviews for hostels but Sunset hostel was such a fantastic place that everyone must know about! the location is footsteps away from buses, trains, the tram, the metro making it very accessible and it has a great view for if you want to stay in as well. The staff were so welcoming, took the time to learn the names of each guest and recommend sights and activities. The hostel also had great excursions and day trips to explore outside of Lisbon and the dinner meals were a fun time!

It was so far the best hostel I stayed at. Only to be recommended!

Excellent location, very friendly staff and many available tours and activities

The hostel was quite fantastic. I did not give a perfect review carelessly but because I felt that my stay was perfect. Mostly we felt the atmosphere, staff, location, and opportunities which the hostel provided were quite flawless. Especially the dinner that served at the hostel was amazing. At 9 euros the dinner was excellently priced. As the food was quite tasty. I do plan on returning and would recommend this hostel to others.

• 12th Mar 2014