Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

Staff incredibly helpful- great location and great rooftop bar/pool

• 31st Aug 2015

I haven't stayed at a better hostel than this one! I was absolutely stunned by the facilities when we were being shown around! The pool and roof terrace are just the icing on the cake. We didn't have the dinner at the hostel but it smelt incredible and we heard from others how good it was. Rooms and bathrooms are clean, really decent breakfast service, lovely views, relaxing vibe, close to everything you need and the pub crawl was good fun too! It really is a hostel with everything!

The place was amazing but the staff was even better. The best team i have ever seen. Every one was dedicated and brought his own energy and personality. There was no standard like what you can find in some clubs where it's all about the fun. Here, everybody was kind, helful, smart and smily, friendly, available and not intrusive. And with all the things I was letting behind all the time, I always found them and had nothing stolen. It felt like home because I could invite friends over. PERFECT

• 24th Aug 2015

This hostel is the winner for me!! Sunset made my stay in Lisbon incredible! Everything there is just a joy. I even felt a bit sad leaving the hostel which has never happened. Staff is just so cool and friendly that makes the atmosphere so homely and pleasant. I recommend everyone to have the same experience like me! Thank you sunset destination hostel. I will definetly come back.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Such an amazing hostel. You are really spoilt with facilities. All essentials are free. The opportunity to go on numerous tours are rife. And as a frequent lone traveller, I definitely had the best time. Thanks to all the staff x

• 21st Aug 2015

Absolutely loved the atmosphere here. So much so I booked a second trip. Fantastic pool with super views and seems to attract a great mix of travellers. The staff are exceptional and I really couldn't recommend this hostel enough!

We had a wonderful experience from the start, great staff really helpful, good atmosphere and lots of facilities to use. The location was wonderful just above the cais do sodre trainstation near the buses, and the ferry terminals. The rooftop terrace (did I mention the swimming pool) a view over the river the bridge and Cristo Rei, the zebra bar and the dome is one of the many reasons people book this hostel and the ratings are top level. Destination Sunset has a great vibe.

• 20th Aug 2015

Relaxing, helpful, i will definitely be back! Only downside is the beds are hard to climb if you arrive in the middle of the night

YES! Awesome place. Met really nice people. The outdoor terrace with pool and hang out space is the best outside area I've ever seen in a hostel. It was so nice to just chill out there in the pool or lay around after a day of exploring. STAY HERE!!

Great staff. Great rooms. Amazing location and good pool. breakfast, great choice. Delicious cocktails

Lovely hostel! One of the best I've stayed in! It's especially easy to connect with other travelers on the roof terrace. The pool is a plus. Try one of the burgers with fries at the outdoor bar. So good!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff were exceptional, the kitchen was great, the rooms were big and beds were comfy (although top bunk was a pain to get up to). The outdoor area is perfect and includes a bar, pool plus a massage pavilion. The breakfast was very good and included freshly made pancakes everyday. It's located in a train station which is odd but you'd never know and it makes it so easy to get everywhere. Can not recommend this place highly enough.

This place is awesome. Definitely in my worldwide top three. Realxed atmosphere, swimming pool and rooftop bar, really nice furnishing and top cleanliness... Plus the tours they organise. I would recommend it to anybody!

The perfect hostel for a nice stay in Lisbon. The roof area is awesome (with pool, a bar and nice view). I met very nice people. The hostel is gigantic (all over the first floor of the train station). The staff is very nice and helpfull. The breakfast was very very good. I will definetly come back to this hostel.

Best hostel I have stayed in! Staff is just unbelievably friendly! Many thanks to Rafa ;) Decoration is great and the rooftop with the pool and the turkish tent is just awesome! Location is also super, right in the city centre. Will definitely be coming back to this hostel and I have recommeded it already to a bunch of friends! Well done guys at Sunset! Keep it up!! :) you have a brilliant hostel!

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

It was totally awesome place and amazing hostel ever!!The place was very close to train station. Staffs at destination hotel are very nice and kind!!This hostel is chain hotel with 3 desitnation hostel, one is on alfama, another one is on city central.However, I definitely recommend Sunset destination!! Because of the roof top place is awesome..You can see the nice scenary. and Destination acatully operates a lot of tour programmes and activities!! I had several activities, it was amazing!

Beautiful hanging out area, very cosy. Swimming pool is just what you need after a hot day in Lisbon. Fado tour is excellent, however the tour price only comes with one drink. I wanted to pay for more for drinks myself, but the guide didn't facilitate this & our group was very thirsty as it was a hot evening.

Best hostel I have ever stayed at.

• 1st Aug 2015

Did not have any padlocks available which was a shame because everything else was great but knowing my belongings weren't secure was a let down.

I had an excellent stay at Sunset Destination and would definitely recommend it. Not only was it clean and very comfortable (with a great roof to relax & enjoy a cocktails & the pool) but the staff was amazing. I do not think I met one staff member who didn't have an incredible energy and a desire to help. From the moment I arrived at 5am, Diogo was incredible, giving great recommendations & making me feel at home..Loved the staff & the travelers..Wonderful experience and will definitely return!

• 31st Jul 2015