Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

I booked this because I thought it was on the beach, it's not. Anyway, location is ok but the other Destination Hostels are better. Cheap drinks, terrace pool and kitchen area are definitely a positive.

Great place ! Roof top terrace with swimming pool and view, dinners, activities, nice rooms, helpful staff

Sunset is an amazing hostel! Is located in the heart of Lisbon right in front of the river. I felt as in a boutique hotel. Pool area and bar is the place to relax, chill and meet other travelers seeping on a delicious carpirinha or mojito. Beds and the space are comfortable. It is always impeccably clean, and breakfast is delicious. Employees are friendly and always willing to help. Get a massage for sure at their spa. Will definitely stay here again. Love Portugal!!!

This was an awesome hostel to relax and unwind after Nos Alive festival. Staff are super friendly, pub crawl was sweet, roof top terrace with a pool and bar is awesome and loved the hammock area! I'd definitely stay here again!

Wish I could have stayed longer. Conveniently located above a train station but you don't hear them. Airport bus stop directly out front. Supermarket downstairs. Rooms are great, outlet and lamp per bed. Good bathrooms. Roof top is fantastic, perfect place to relax. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fantastic... Pancakes, cream cheese and fresh fruit yum! Plenty of activities on offer. Across the road from the fish market which has a gourmet food court, worth a visit.

Stayed here with a friend and our teenage daughters and we all loved it. Great location in the train station and felt really secure for a hostel. Great communal areas and furnishings and fantastic terrace area. Would visit again.

• 9th Jul 2015

Very nice Hostel with a lovley staff. Very good located and lot's of things to see and do. The free walking tours are great and our guide wos amazing. I really recomend the "street art tour" if you interesed in grafties and art. Next time in Lisbon I will definitely stay there again (:

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Austria

You guys are doing an awesome job. Best hostel I've ever stayed in. No wonder you won 6th best hostel in the world. Loved it (stayed 4 nights in total)

Great hostel. The location was good, the staff was very friendly, the wifi was excellent, and there was a nice atmosphere. The staff tries very hard to make you feel welcome, and it works. If I ever go back to Lisbon I'll definitely stay here again.

Amazing hostel, great rooms, excellent staff and fantastic atmosphere. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Real good location with easy access To get around Lisbon. Roof top is a bonus. All around a great hostel for the price you pay.

First off the hostel was a super cool place, very clean, spacious, near transits and the terrace was awesome! BUT the staff definitely could have been more friendly, welcoming and helpful. The walking tour times varied day to day which we were not informed of it so we missed it the first day because the posted time was wrong. Sometimes for the tour you need to pay for a train ticket which they don't tell you.

Good hostel in a central location. I stayed in a private room with shared bathroom. Very clean and great value. Highlight was the excellent rooftop area. Only comment is there's probably not enough bathroom facilities.

THE BEST HOSTEL IVE EVER STAYED AT IN EUROPE! From the minute we walked in everyone was so welcoming and friendly. There were so many fun activities to do and the hostel itself was gorgeous. The rooftop and pool was awesome and everything was so cheap. Rooms were spacious and safe and had aircon! They even cook you pancakes in the morning. We had such a good time I would definitely stay again: can't fault it.

Had a great time here!! Will be recommending this place to friends. The staff were awesome and helpful!

• 30th Jun 2015

best hostel I have stayed in. spacious modern rooms with air conditioning, very clean and the rooftop pool was awesome most of the staff were super friendly, there was one staff member who was very rude but overall a very great experience!

Loved talking with June and Kiko and Miguel who were part of the staff. The place was excellent. The only two things that could have been better were the "stairs" on the bunk bed (prettier than functional) and the fact that the locker for the bed was only protected by a mini lock which is easily broken by someone with intent. One last thing, the water in the shower has timers, which is great for people that take long showers like me, but a timer for 10-15 seconds is too little and gets annoying

Almost everything was perfect for me. What I liked most was the separated single bed and enough space in a dormitory room. Also, free breakfast, free dinner and various events by cheerful staffs make this hostel so special. Thank you!

Great terrace with pool and free drink at sunset. Located right on the water. Rooms are nice breakfast was good. Amazing staff. Short walk to downtown. Amazing hostel to start or end your trip. It's easy to relax but also very easy to go out and do a lot.

I loved my stay at Sunset! Staff was amazing and the hostel was very clean. I also really liked the pubcrawl, would definitely recommend.