Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

Stayed here for a couple of nights - excellent location. The hostel is very clean and safe, with a wristband entry system.

The best hostel in Lisbon. Super friendly staff, especially Magdalena and Rico! Plus, it has a pool, great security, and super convenient - literally above a train station but you'd never know as it's not noisy at all.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at by far! So convenient having it right at the train station! You'll never get lost! It's super clean and the beds are awesome!! Amazing atmosphere, great staff! Especially Kiko the best crepe maker in the world! ;) But everyone there was super friendly and helpful! I wish all hostels were like this one!

• 14th Jul 2014

There is no other place like Sunset Destination Hostel !! Totally packed with everything that you need including amazing staff and new people you'll meet there every day. Breakfast with a wide choice and Kiko's pancakes are the best! These dinners in the evenings, guys best homemade food I ate for a very long time. The most convenient locations with train station below hostel that will take you on a journey of discovery of Lisbon and beyond it. The view from the rooftop & the Zebra bar hmmm..

• 14th Jul 2014

OH MY GOD!!! - as Jancie would say. This is the best hostel ever!!! I only put 100% becuase I don´t have the option of 130%! The roof with the view, the bar and the pool is amazing and its open until 2 a.m. (on the way back home I stayed at a 5 star hotel in Mérida with a pool on the roof wich closed at half past 8, pfff) I had a really great time at Sunset Destination, nice rooms with good wifi, great location next to the river, nice free walking tour with Pedro. Will go back defenatly!!

Perfect location, perfect breakfast, perfect city, perfect roof terrace, perfect staff, perfect place! Already booked more nights for next month!

The best Hostel I found so far in Europe! It is huge, people are lovely, loads of facilities, view to the sea, pool, very clean and stylish, environment friendly and literally above the train and underground stations.

Interesting location in a renovated upper floor to the train station. No issues with noise from the station, however other guests slamming doors and being noisy during the night was annoying. Strong wifi signal throughout hostel. Clean facilities and well stocked kitchen with utensils and crockery for guest use. Good location above train station and along the river. Good breakfast of toast, cereal and pancakes. Friendly staff. Roof top area is nice and relaxing.

Majority of things were really ok but a few things bothered us a bit. Breakfast was not ready when it was informed us to start but evolving the next half an hour. Two sinks to wash your dishes and room for washed dishes were not enough during the "rush hours".

a fantastic hostel with a pool, delicious breakfast and great atmosphere. The hostel is attached to the train station and very close to the centre of the city and tourism area. The hostel puts on many activities including a dinner every night, which was delicious and great value. We went on the free walking tour, however were a bit disappointed with the guide and found ourselves doing our own tour instead. The pizza place right across from the hostel was delicious too!

The only complaint I had was that the 4-person dorm room we stayed in was way too small for four people. There was very little room to breathe! Everything else was great though. The breakfast even had crepes!

• 1st Jul 2014

First time user of hostels and would certainly do so again. Great service, we arrived late, but no problem for hostel. Room comfortable, staff friendly and helpful, providing some useful local knowledge that wouldn't be so easy to find elsewhere. We took the walking tour of Lisbon which was great for orientation, but also gave us the heads up on what to look our for, what to expect, fair prices to pay, etc.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Such a great stay at Sunset Destination Hostel! Many thanks to the staff! They're really lovely and helpful, make you feel welcome, plus they're always available. The hostel is great, I like that that they're trying to be eco-friendly. Location is perfect, because it's central and you are right in the train station if you want to move around Lisbon, and there's a great view of the Tagus. The hostel is very clean and very well maintained. Facilities are great. Highly recommend!!

• 27th Jun 2014

Loved it! Especially the pool was awesome! It's not right in the city centre, but it's only about 10 min walk to many places, so no problem really. We have tried 3 different hostels in Lisbon and if we were to return to one of them, we would pick Sunset.

The best hostel I stayed in all trip! I Highly recommend this hostel! The location is perfect!

• 25th Jun 2014

Had a great three days at the Sunset Destination Hostel. I would definitely stay there again and recommend others too as well.

• 24th Jun 2014

This was my second stay at this hostel. My sister was running the marathon in Lisbon so we were hardly in the hostel at all, but it was great the second time around! There weren´t 10 bed dorms available for the weekend we needed, and the 6 bed dorm was a little expensive, especially since room size doesn´t matter to me at all. But no complaints! Great stay!

Recently stayed at this hostel on a trip to Europe, and can say that it was definitely one of the best hostels I stayed at during my time there. The staff are super friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean with good storage space to lock up any valuables you may have. The hostel also has a very cool rooftop bar with a super good times bartender! Definitely will be going back to stay here when I am in Lisbon next.

My stay at sunset destination was really good. The best was the location (literally in the train station that takes you to Belem and caiscais if you want a little day trip) and the very generous staff. I was there a couple of weeks ago and the portugues man working in the afternoon/night was very kind. The hostel itself is quite beautiful. The only thing that maybe not everyone would like is that it seemed to have almost exclusively english speakers, It didn't have a very "international" feel.

This was an awesome hostel. Staff were really helpful and friendly. The cheep dinners and bbqs were fun. And the terrace with cheep drinks were wesome. Will definitely stay here again next visit.