Sunset Destination Hostel Reviews

Cais Sodre Station, Largo Duque de Terceira, Lisbon, Portugal

Welcoming and helpful staff, lovely massive terrace and hostel interior. Really liked the vibe in this place. Pub crawl was fun too.

Nice view from the pool. Nice staff. Nice room.

It's always a pleasant experience Lisbon Destination Hostel. This was my second time at the hostel, this time at Sunset, and I am not dissappointed. Excellent location to crab the train to the beach, convient dinners at the hostel with good price, very suitable for families. My daughter was delighted! We will be back, for sure. Obrigada!

A few bed bugs but overall a good place to stay

All staff great bar one girl working at reception who was quite rude. Great rooftop area although I didn't use the pool. Excellent location. No real common area apart from the rooftop. Lots of day tours offered - as it's part of a chain of hostels, there are some good benefits. Personally I prefer smaller, homier hostels, but I can appreciate that they have done a great job with this hostel and the weird space they have to work with.

Great hostel with good stuff.

Had a lovely stay at Sunset Hostel...we even came back the next week! Loved the beds, the staff, the location, the roof terrace and the breakfast. The communal hall showers had slightly odd push buttons they could do with being replaced or the timer turned up slightly. I would recommend staying in a non ensuite dorm as there seemed to be so much more room in them!

Beautiful Hostel with amazing view from the rooftop. Very welcoming and great breakfast.

The staffs are very friendly and accommodating. Thank you very much

We were looking for somewhere fun. We like the look of the hostel but thought there was a risk it mightbe a little bit too trashy, and teenage style. We were so wrong! It was good clean fun. We had guests in our room bring random boy into the hostel and a bit too drunk but the staff handled it super professionally and made sure everyone felt safe and respected.

What a brilliant hostel, so well located, the rooftop with bar and pool is lovely . Both dorms and private rooms were nice. Staff we're very friendly and they do a mean breakfast! Highly recommended!! :)

Location. Roof terrace brilliant but more importantly the staff and the dinners. Dinner is a must the food is gorgeous

If you are staying in Lisbon this Hostel is basically everything you need. Excellent location, all the facilities and a very helpful staff.

I had a really good time at the sunset. the staff were super helpful and helped me out in planning out the rest of my tour down the "wild wild west coast " of Portugal. the rooms are nice and clean. although the bunk beds are ultra high.. those are quite dangerous for some who get in after a few drinks too much. :) great job to everyone at sunset. cool location...

This was a fantastic hostel with friendly and helpful staff and a fantastic location. Loved the crepes for breakfast!! The only thing was in the 6 bed dorm I stayed in on the second night was night on the main road and so there was a lot of noise and also we could hear everything in the hall way

• 7th Sep 2014

The best hostel ever. Perfect position, great staff and excellent value for money! And how to forget the delicious crepes made every morning by the staff for breakfast? And the barbecue on the terrace with the pool parties and the glasses of Porto?! I already miss this place! I felt at home... Definitely the best solution to enjoy my staying in Lisbon!

Hostel was great, friendly staff always willing to help. But the best bit is the location, great access to the city and links on public transport. Recommend and will use again.

We stayed only one night at the hostel, and we really wished we had more time to enjoy it. The guys at the reception were really nice, the hostel was clean and the location was the best. Since we were there because of a connecting flight and really tired, the music till 2 am at the terrace was too loud for us. But I'm sure that the rest of the hostel's guests enjoyed it.

This is a great place to stay. Within 5 mins walk to the heart of night life in Lisbon. Located right on top of the train station the location was easy to find, and allow access to different places. They have a small pool, which you can relax, enjoy a beer, and hang out with new friends. Accommodation wise beds are comfortable, and has curtain for privacy. Overall, it was a good place to stay. You can even get massages for 20 Euros.

Sunset is an amazing hostel. You know the staff are incredible when they make an effort to learn every single guest's name. I was blown away at how genuinely friendly and helpful the staff were. The terrace pool is a great place to meet other travellers, to relax, or to get one of the amazing massages offered. Sunset makes you feel at home in Lisbon.

• 27th Aug 2014