Sunshine Home Reviews

Hui Yang Yuan Residential Complex, Building no 201, Huangsha Avenue 201 Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

Nice place

great place to stay for a night or 2 while you make your way elsewhere. food is nearby, and wifi is good. the beds are comfortable also. the lady running the place was very helpful and talkative also which was nice.

Highly recommended. The hostel is more like a shared apartment, so it's friendly and has everything you would ever need in one place. 5min walk from metro station, plenty of cheap and cheerful places to eat, great view. Leanne knows everything about the city and speaks English fluently. Good mix of backpackers, people just moving to China, Westerners and Chinese. When I go back to GZ, I'll definitely stay here again. In my book that's the best indictment you can get for a hostel.

It was a terrible nightmare to be there. Dirty and bad smelling room and bed.

• 8th May 2015
  • Spain

I am sorry about your experience! But it would not had happened if you had not stripped the clean bed sheet off and chose to sleep on top of the bed protector! We wanted you to have a nice stay with us!

Highlight of my stay was the friendly and helpful staff. Also enjoyed the view of the river from the bedrooms and balcony. Would definitely recommend to a friend!

A great hostel with an awesome view for a good price with friendly staff. Since it's in an apartment, it's a bit unusual to locate, but once you find it it's a fine place to stay. Stayed three nights after originally booking just one, it was easy to extend the stay.

Leanne the owner is fantastic help for planning bus or train tickets. Location is a bit off but at least it is close to the metro. You have to follow the directions leanne emails you or else you will NOT find this place

I enjoyed my stay here. This is not a traditional hostel. The owners converted their flat in a standard apartment building into a makeshift hostel. With that being said, very comfortable place, nice people, and awesome view from the balcony.

Sunshine is an "Apartment Homestay", where private people rent out their flat to travellers. If you dont like to stay in the 20th floor of a residential building, this might not be the best place for you. The view was nice though and the manager lady had a "strict friendliness" and helped me with booking my train ticket. I liked the lockers, which are provided. Sleep was bad, with 8 people in a room. Location is good. But I would rather recommend a cheap chinese hotel over such kind of hostel.

This place has an amazing view over Guangzhou City, it is fairly central and the staff are great. They let us use the kitchen all day to make pancakes for pancake day. So helpful and willing to give information about the city.

Sorry for not cancelling booking, but i gave you good reviews anyways.

We really enjoyed our stay at Sunshine Home- the hostel was clean, the beds were comfortable and it is conveniently close to the subway and not too far from some solid touristy places like Shamian Island. It's a bit tricky to find the hostel at first, but if you can find the apartment complex with the gold gate, just ask the security guard and he'll tell you which floor it's on.

Shared apartment, you're given a key for the apartment and another for the room. A bit far away from the main attractions but the underground helps you getting there for a good price. slow check in and check out.

Easy place to get to from the metro. Clean bed, hot shower and wifi, life's good! Thanks Leanne for your help!