Sunshine Home Reviews

Hui Yang Yuan Residential Complex, Building no 201, Huangsha Avenue 201 Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

Highlight of my stay was the friendly and helpful staff. Also enjoyed the view of the river from the bedrooms and balcony. Would definitely recommend to a friend!

A great hostel with an awesome view for a good price with friendly staff. Since it's in an apartment, it's a bit unusual to locate, but once you find it it's a fine place to stay. Stayed three nights after originally booking just one, it was easy to extend the stay.

Leanne the owner is fantastic help for planning bus or train tickets. Location is a bit off but at least it is close to the metro. You have to follow the directions leanne emails you or else you will NOT find this place

I enjoyed my stay here. This is not a traditional hostel. The owners converted their flat in a standard apartment building into a makeshift hostel. With that being said, very comfortable place, nice people, and awesome view from the balcony.

Sunshine is an "Apartment Homestay", where private people rent out their flat to travellers. If you dont like to stay in the 20th floor of a residential building, this might not be the best place for you. The view was nice though and the manager lady had a "strict friendliness" and helped me with booking my train ticket. I liked the lockers, which are provided. Sleep was bad, with 8 people in a room. Location is good. But I would rather recommend a cheap chinese hotel over such kind of hostel.

This place has an amazing view over Guangzhou City, it is fairly central and the staff are great. They let us use the kitchen all day to make pancakes for pancake day. So helpful and willing to give information about the city.

Sorry for not cancelling booking, but i gave you good reviews anyways.

We really enjoyed our stay at Sunshine Home- the hostel was clean, the beds were comfortable and it is conveniently close to the subway and not too far from some solid touristy places like Shamian Island. It's a bit tricky to find the hostel at first, but if you can find the apartment complex with the gold gate, just ask the security guard and he'll tell you which floor it's on.

Shared apartment, you're given a key for the apartment and another for the room. A bit far away from the main attractions but the underground helps you getting there for a good price. slow check in and check out.

Easy place to get to from the metro. Clean bed, hot shower and wifi, life's good! Thanks Leanne for your help!

Leanne was very helpful and the location close to the metro was convenient! Cleanliness was not bad, but could be improved. Overall we were happy with our stay and really appreciated Leanne's assistance!

Leanne was helpful and friendly!!! Shower facilities were pretty dirty for us - shared toilet/bathroom is fine but not so clean and pretty cold with windows open.... Everyone has different levels of cleanliness though. Excellent views of the park and city!! Extremely difficult to gain access to the building when checking in as the intercom doesn't work so make sure you are prepared to wait to follow other tenants inside with your luggage!

• 19th Dec 2014

This was my 2nd time staying here. Leann was (as always) very friendly. I love walking around the park nearby; such a beautiful park and so alive.

Very weird place in a big block building, no near from the metro you have to walk a lot and is ugly to walk at night. The host never was there is kind you have a room in an appartament and a key, so i didnt felt my stuff in security. Then it was very cold in the winter time and i was placed in a "private room" of 2x2 meters felt in a kind of prison. No clean and the kitchen was a mess with boxes and stuff for the trash so forget to cook there ....then i look for another place. No recomended!

Sunshine Home is 5-10 minutes walk from the metro stop, located in one-gate apartment complex with 24 hour-guard so it is very safe. I am sorry that I was out of town during your check-in but I came everyday to do cleaning. I hope you had contacted us if you were not happy with your room we could have discussed another arrangement for you. The room is indeed small as we stated. You paid relatively similar to dorm but get the privacy of a room.