Sunshine Home Reviews

Hui Yang Yuan Residential Complex, Building no 201, Huangsha Avenue 201 Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

Cracking views over the park from this 23rd floor apartment balcony. Don't expect your typical hostel, pool table etc, but this is very homely, easy to get to from the subway after the initial slight confusion. Ensuite dorms fine (superb panorama from my top bunk). Leeanne the owner is very friendly & helpful.

-beds were broken whil touching - creepy person inside the "community area" - hostel owner's lifed the guest -more an apartment than a hostel -ONE bathroom for 14 people

The lady who runs this place is very nice. It is actually not a hostel in the traditional sense, but several apartments in a large housing complex. Navigating around the complex is a bit tricky but I had few problems. The apartment I stayed in was very high (29th floor) and had a balcony with a nice view of the Guangzhou skyline. I booked my stay the same day I arrived in Guangzhou and there were no issues.

• 15th Aug 2015

Although we did not stay here as our flight was seriously delayed from vietnam, the staff were very friendly and understanding when we gave them such late notice on the room we had booked. We would love to come back in the future and stay with you!

The owner is so nice. I really enjoyed talking to her and she was helpful in telling me where to visit. Also she has very specific directions to the accommodation and that made it soo much easier . Also she ordered food when needed. So friendly and nice. Room was aircon too Only downside is beds are quite hard and the common area was quite warm.

Definitely not your standard hostel with rooms being located in different apartments but it's in a nice location and the apartments are nice.

It was very nice to stay at this hostel! Good and clean rooms, fantastic scenery from the window, very friendly and helpfull staff! Thank you)

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Russia

Nice place

great place to stay for a night or 2 while you make your way elsewhere. food is nearby, and wifi is good. the beds are comfortable also. the lady running the place was very helpful and talkative also which was nice.

Highly recommended. The hostel is more like a shared apartment, so it's friendly and has everything you would ever need in one place. 5min walk from metro station, plenty of cheap and cheerful places to eat, great view. Leanne knows everything about the city and speaks English fluently. Good mix of backpackers, people just moving to China, Westerners and Chinese. When I go back to GZ, I'll definitely stay here again. In my book that's the best indictment you can get for a hostel.

It was a terrible nightmare to be there. Dirty and bad smelling room and bed.

• 8th May 2015
  • Spain

I am sorry about your experience! But it would not had happened if you had not stripped the clean bed sheet off and chose to sleep on top of the bed protector! We wanted you to have a nice stay with us!

Highlight of my stay was the friendly and helpful staff. Also enjoyed the view of the river from the bedrooms and balcony. Would definitely recommend to a friend!

A great hostel with an awesome view for a good price with friendly staff. Since it's in an apartment, it's a bit unusual to locate, but once you find it it's a fine place to stay. Stayed three nights after originally booking just one, it was easy to extend the stay.