Sunshine Home Reviews

Hui Yang Yuan Residential Complex, Building no 201, Huangsha Avenue 201 Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

I have no bad feelings about this place. One downside is the location; it's adjacent to an extremely pedestrian-unfriendly road exchange that you have to cross to get to the nearest metro station. The owner is helpful and knowledgeable about Guangzhou and where to go -- even for Mexican food. But what sticks out on my mind is that, when I had to leave very early (and chose not to wake up the owner), the owner found my contact information to return my deposit. Would stay again.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Thank you for your nice review and for being considerate! What you called as pedestrian-unfriendly road exchange does have a zebra cross and a pedestrian over-pass/ bridge for crossing the big avenue. We believe our location is perfect with the view for the Lake Park! We would love to welcome you again soon...

Cracking views over the park from this 23rd floor apartment balcony. Don't expect your typical hostel, pool table etc, but this is very homely, easy to get to from the subway after the initial slight confusion. Ensuite dorms fine (superb panorama from my top bunk). Leeanne the owner is very friendly & helpful.

-beds were broken whil touching - creepy person inside the "community area" - hostel owner's lifed the guest -more an apartment than a hostel -ONE bathroom for 14 people

The lady who runs this place is very nice. It is actually not a hostel in the traditional sense, but several apartments in a large housing complex. Navigating around the complex is a bit tricky but I had few problems. The apartment I stayed in was very high (29th floor) and had a balcony with a nice view of the Guangzhou skyline. I booked my stay the same day I arrived in Guangzhou and there were no issues.

• 15th Aug 2015

Although we did not stay here as our flight was seriously delayed from vietnam, the staff were very friendly and understanding when we gave them such late notice on the room we had booked. We would love to come back in the future and stay with you!

The owner is so nice. I really enjoyed talking to her and she was helpful in telling me where to visit. Also she has very specific directions to the accommodation and that made it soo much easier . Also she ordered food when needed. So friendly and nice. Room was aircon too Only downside is beds are quite hard and the common area was quite warm.

Definitely not your standard hostel with rooms being located in different apartments but it's in a nice location and the apartments are nice.

It was very nice to stay at this hostel! Good and clean rooms, fantastic scenery from the window, very friendly and helpfull staff! Thank you)

• 13th Jul 2015