Sunshine Home Reviews

Hui Yang Yuan Residential Complex, Building no 201, Huangsha Avenue 201 Liwan District, Guangzhou, China

Wonderful views, extremely kind and understanding hosts, a good place to stay in Guangzhou! Very much enjoyed my time here.

• 3rd Feb 2016

i do love this hostel!they gave me a feeling of family,they took care of me,i will definitely go back to this hostel.

This hostel is basically a normal apartment in a normal building where a nice couple lives. Nevertheless the place is not very clean, and I felt extremely insecure because the front door is left opened all night and there is no security person. There is no hostel environment and overall I feel I really overpaid for a bed

Nice hostel to stay at, it's more a family home which makes it really cosy

This hostel is an apartment. The owners really just rent out their extra space to backpackers. So it's more of a family oriented environment, which is a plus or a minus depending on what you want to do Guangzhou. The family is great however, very helpful and knowledgable of the city. The location is somewhat out of the way but close to a metro stop, so it's not too much of an problem. In short, if your homesick this is a great option. The owner will help you practice your Chinese!

Like the description says, it's a hostel in a small apartment. The location is okay - though a little far from central areas, it is a short walk to the metro. The directions are very good and the owner is very helpful with directions and other suggestions. There is no heater which won't matter for most people, but I stayed here in winter and it was a little cold, but nothing too bad. Big bathrooms and western toilets. Also, There is an amazing view outside of the balcony of the city!

I have no bad feelings about this place. One downside is the location; it's adjacent to an extremely pedestrian-unfriendly road exchange that you have to cross to get to the nearest metro station. The owner is helpful and knowledgeable about Guangzhou and where to go -- even for Mexican food. But what sticks out on my mind is that, when I had to leave very early (and chose not to wake up the owner), the owner found my contact information to return my deposit. Would stay again.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Thank you for your nice review and for being considerate! What you called as pedestrian-unfriendly road exchange does have a zebra cross and a pedestrian over-pass/ bridge for crossing the big avenue. We believe our location is perfect with the view for the Lake Park! We would love to welcome you again soon...

Cracking views over the park from this 23rd floor apartment balcony. Don't expect your typical hostel, pool table etc, but this is very homely, easy to get to from the subway after the initial slight confusion. Ensuite dorms fine (superb panorama from my top bunk). Leeanne the owner is very friendly & helpful.

-beds were broken whil touching - creepy person inside the "community area" - hostel owner's lifed the guest -more an apartment than a hostel -ONE bathroom for 14 people

The lady who runs this place is very nice. It is actually not a hostel in the traditional sense, but several apartments in a large housing complex. Navigating around the complex is a bit tricky but I had few problems. The apartment I stayed in was very high (29th floor) and had a balcony with a nice view of the Guangzhou skyline. I booked my stay the same day I arrived in Guangzhou and there were no issues.

• 15th Aug 2015

Although we did not stay here as our flight was seriously delayed from vietnam, the staff were very friendly and understanding when we gave them such late notice on the room we had booked. We would love to come back in the future and stay with you!

The owner is so nice. I really enjoyed talking to her and she was helpful in telling me where to visit. Also she has very specific directions to the accommodation and that made it soo much easier . Also she ordered food when needed. So friendly and nice. Room was aircon too Only downside is beds are quite hard and the common area was quite warm.