Sunshine Hostel Medellin Reviews

Calle 9 43c - 36, Medellin, Colombia

At first glance the hostel just looked a bit dingy. The staff checking me in were friendly enough however the facilities lacked enough for me to move out the next day. Only two public bathroom made it a wait to use the toilet if someone was showering. The dorm I was in had so many beds that it was cramped and felt like a cave. The location was fine, wifi was decent and staff nice enough. The big problem here for me was really the cleanliness and overall run down look of the inside.

The staff was great but I guess this hostel needs more investment. Just 1 bathroom for all the men in hostel. I understand there might be private rooms with bathrooms but I have never have to wait 2 hours anywhere to have a bathroom....

when hostel is 100% full,like it was during your stay, it means we have between 17 to 20 people there(without the private rooms that has private bathroom).just to explaine that we are a small hostel.we do have 2 public bathrooms,for our guests,so the worst situation is 9/10 people for a bathroom.still,as you notice,somtimes it happens that almost all guests needs the bathroom at the same time...we do plan to add another public bathroom thow,especially if and when we will be full more often.

Very friendly staff and easy to get around from their location. Bathrooms are not the cleanest, but overall, it was worth the money.

The place was very dirty, the room smelled bad, the fridge has spoiled food and the lockers are small and outside of the room. Inspite of that, the location is amazing, very close of subway and the amazing nightlife of Medellin.

in the 8 beds dorm you stay there were 6 other travelers(yes we were full).since we never got this complaint about this room before it seems strange.maybe smell feet of someone?.also this dorm has a fun and 2 windows.we try to clean the fridge twice a week,still when hostel is full it is harder as we do not want to throw food of travelers who are at the hostel.about the lockers-yes they are not in the room,it is less noisy for our guests.still they are very safe as they are by front desk.

It's difficult to find something good to say about this hostel. The rooms are absolutely filthy. The hostel is tiny with no outside area. It's kind of like a small apartment that someone has turned into a squat-house. The internet is very good and the location is fine. They are the only positives. I would not recommend staying here unless this is your last option.

we never clamed to have an outside area.sunshine counts with 300 square meters size-defenetly not a tiny appartment size.we have also a large living room,and also a chillout zone at the back part by the patyo.poblado is the best part of town,and considering our economic prices,i think your expectations were way to high.