Sunshine Hostel Reviews

Via Giolitti, 208, Rome, Italy

The behavior of the owner was really bad , she didn't serve us at all. She actually screamed us and talk us really rude. At the web page she didn't mention that the bathroom was shared and that the the city taxis are not included in the total price although my reservation said that total taxes are included. I totally not recommend this hostel.

The location actually is a bit far from the station. The staff is really nice. She provides breakfast every morning.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

It was ok, I didn't like that I had to pay the tourist tax of 3,50€ per day even if they hadn't made a note about that on there page. Other hostels indicate you that you have to pay the tax extra, so I thougt that the tax was already included in the endprice. Now I think it was not the cheapest one. And I didn't like the humid smell of mould in the rooms and bathroom. The owner (a little bit stressed) behaved like a mother, that can be nice or annoying. But she helped me.

• 14th Apr 2015

The Hostel is located approximately 10-12 minutes walking from the Termini in Rome. The owner is a very sweet lady who is very helpful and caring. The guests were very friendly and shared tips and information with the other guests.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • El Salvador

Florinda, the owner of the hostel, is a friendly reliable person who speaks very good English. She really cares about her guests and puts some considerable effort into making their stay comfortable. The interior of the hostel is clean and decorated nicely. Note that this hostel ist very small. There is neither a kitchen nor a common room. This is not a typical Backpackers Hostel where you can prepare your own meals and hang out in your free time. It's basically a place to sleep.

• 8th Apr 2015

Florinda the owner was very friendly. The dorm rooms were spacious and clean. Same for the toilets. The house is decorated in flowers and pretty stuff. Breakfast provided is croissant and coffee/tea which is pretty good. Located near the train station, and the colosseum. Good place to stay!!

The lady that runs this hostel is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She was so kind and helpful my entire stay. I'm often hesitant and pessimistic about places that aren't commercial hostels, but she made me feel at home and I loved it. I would definitely recommend this hostel and will definitely stay here again when I return to rome! 10/10 recommend!

• 4th Apr 2015

Florinda was great! We really enjoyed our stay