Sunshine Hostel Reviews

Via Giolitti, 208, Rome, Lazio, Italy

No private cupboard, bad wifi, no breakfast, poor toilet room (door is not closing), shower cabin are in the same room with toilet, but without any separation or at least doors. But if you need hostel jut to sleep - this is a good choice, because price and location are relatively good and beds are comfortable. There's no ventilation!

Everything was ok. Very friendly stuff. Good quality compared to price. The biggest cons is lack of kitchen and saloon. Croissant and coffee for a breakfast.

Sunshine Hostel was the first taste of Rome I got upon arriving and it was excellent. Notwithstanding the quirky, yet fun decor, the staff is so friendly and accommodating and tries to take care of you best they can -- from the coffee/cappuccino in the AM, to providing a towel, or general suggestions for the Eternal City. I stayed here over New Year's time and it was full of great people, too. When I returned to Rome, even though closed, Florinda opened up just for me. Well worth it. Love them!

It was hard to find, as the street numbers on via G. Giolitti aren't in numerical order. They do warn you of that on the directions to the hostel, but be aware that you'll pass buildings marked as 300 something before you find the hostel. Just keep walking! The Manzoni metro stop is only a few blocks away, which makes the location (which is rather far from the city's main attractions) bearable. There's also a grocery store nearby, which is nice, but there are no kitchen facilities available.

The signboard was NOT obvious at all, and it took us more than 2hrs to find it from the train station. The interior was pleasant and very comfortable. Perhaps it was more homely due to the fact that there werent any other people staying other than us. The owner was very friendly to us even though we made her wait for 2hrs past our stated arrival timing.

i had a very positive experience. the owner, which is also the staff checks you in, does your beds and cleans your room, is very helpful and kind and sometime beyond the duty of hostel. the day when i checked in, there were one guy and one girl left very early in the morning on their checkout date and left a note to the owner said that they would return that night and needed to one more night. but all beds were booked, so the owner prepared an extra bed in the reception for them. recommend

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Singapore

The hostel is really near by the termini station,which is convenient if U r flying out and wanna go to airport next day or so...and there are some main attractions nearby as well..I recommend it.

I actually was not able to check in to Sunshine Hostel, because although it claimed a 24-hour reception, I was told that I was arriving "too late" to check in, since it would only be a one night stay, and so my reservation was cancelled for me, leaving me without a hostel for the night in Rome. Other classmates of mine stayed at the hostel and had interesting things to say about it. Definitely would NOT recommend, based on their treatment toward me via email and my classmates' experience.

Location is NOT that close to Termini, and the directions are confusin at best, if not just plain useless. And I'm really trying to be objective here. Staff wasn't welcoming or keen on helping with directions and recommendations. The only 'facilities' to speak of are your bed and the toilets. The 'breakfast' consists of bad coffee, by Italian standards, and a croissant that runs out early. For the price, you can find others at a much better location.

We stayed 2 nights in Sunshine Hostel. Although we arrived quite early our beeds were ready. The owner explained us everything, I noticed He cares a lot about security and cleanliness. The room was spacious and clean, we met really nice people there ;) The breakfast on the terrace is a great idea. Only the minus is no kitchen for the common use.. To sum up its a nice Hostel for a short stay!

staff was so rude. check-in time is wierd. poor facility and poor breakfast.

• 17th Oct 2013