Sunshine Hostel Reviews

Via Giolitti, 208, Rome, Italy

A very nice hostel!

No lockers, sketchy location, no amenities other than a bathroom that is shared between all guests. You do get free coffee and a croissant in the morning...

This is not your usual hostel. Florinda the owner is only there from 8-2pm meaning you feel as if you are staying in someone's house and outside these hours it's virtually impossible to check in. The beds Are comfortable and it's very clean but it just feels strange.

Really enjoyed my stay at Sunshine.. Its a small hostel but was really easy to meet people. It was nice to stay somewhere a little different. There is no bar or anything but that doesn't seem to be a problem as it is Italy and there is always cheap wine close by. Would stay here again. Be aware there are no lockers in the room, however I never worried about my things..

Absolutely loved staying at this hostel. Just an amazing experience. We were taken good care of and if we are ever back in Rome. We know we have a "home" to stay in.

• 12th Jun 2015

The owner is very kind and helpful. The hostel is very clean and secure, I would definitely recommend staying here.

No complaints. Very nice experience overall. Would strongly recommend it.

The place feels more like a bed and breakfast rather than a hostel thanks to the extremely nice owner Florinda :)

The hostel is small but its really comfortable, they really really make you feel in home, one of the best hostels I've been to, not because of the luxury but because of the atmosphere and the people in there.

My family stayed at the Hostel. The owner was the most helpful, thank you!

Best Hostel I have stayed in Rome. Florinda is such a wonderful woman and treats you like her children she makes sure to remind you in the morning that you haven't had your free croissant yet. The atmosphere is great. I only booked for 1 night and i ended up staying 3 nights!

It was a cozy place to stay but there are no lockers and the wifi only really works near the reception, which is really only a hallway with a couch on it. Its a little hard to find but close to the train station.

Florinda is the sweetest lady of all time. She will make your stay in Rome fantastic. Love you Mom!

• 4th Jun 2015

This must be the only hostel I've ever rated. Everything at this hostel is top notch. Bathrooms are fully equipped, everything is super clean and great set up overall. To add to the glamour, the owner Florinda is the woman to meet. She was the sweetest most caring woman and was the star of my journal entry. hell, even if the hostel is fully booked just go and meet her... but ideally try to stay here. If you know two things about how to read a map you'll have no problem finding the hostel.

I have experience of 3 hotels in Rome. This was the worst on same budget. Hostel is far from Termini station (20 min). Insufficient shower facility. Host acts like mom yelling to guests. She is kind easily, but burst too.

• 29th May 2015
  • South Korea

I was moved by the love and warmth I recieved from Florinda, I am a daughter and friend. Will keep in touch. She treats you with trust & respect and that is priceless.

I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this is my first review. The service was great i felt i had to write something! The owner a the seeetest lady ever. She took care of every guest like if we were her children. Everything is clean and the hostel was safe. I walked to the colosseum and the metro is not to far too. If i go bavk to Rome I will surely come back at sunshine hostel!

Flo. If you're reading this. We LOVE you. The most welcoming woman ever -- "mom-away-from-home," if you will. The place is decorated so beautifully, it literally feels like you're at home. In the morning, Flo brings you delicious croissants, so nice! If you're contemplating booking this hostel, trust us: BOOK IT. Such an accommodating experience. The bathrooms are super cool, and OH MY GOD I've never slept in more comfortable bed sheets/comforters. Going back to Rome solely to stay here.

Location is 8 min walk from central train station (Termini) in a quiet/secluded area but still walkable to the colosseum area. Its a small personally owned hostel so you get great attention from florinda at the cost of other "party" or hip hostels around europe. It is clean and cheap. Definetely recommend.

Loved it at this hostel. Was clean, the hostel owner was great and understanding, and also a lovely lady. A little bit out of the city centre, but definitely within waking distance of most things. You even get free coffee and a croissant in the morning ! Definitely recommend and if I am ever in Rome again I will be staying here

• 20th May 2015