Sunshine Hostel Reviews

Via Giolitti, 208, Rome, Italy

Just weird. The lady who runs it kept accepting phone calls while we were trying to check in, and was screaming in Italian at the person on the other end. She told us how she was robbed last week (and who did it). Our room was nice enough. Clean, and comfortable. However, after returning after a day in Rome, we came back to our door unlocked and wide open. When I confronted the owner she simply told me "the maid forgot to lock it again" and was angry I asked. Wouldn't recommend, not secure.

The patio is great when open and the owner friendly and helpful. Could be a really sweet hostel except for 1) only one person works there and she is gone by 2, so no service after that. 2) the nice patio is closed when she leaves at 2 so everyone has to crowd into the narrow hallway which gets stifling hot because 3) there is no wifi in the rooms or ac anywhere. Would hesitantly recommend this place.

Stylish place, with really friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

* No air conditioning in summer (It was hot like hell); No good public transportation connections; They charged me some extra tax that I didn't expect!; Problems in the WiFi network (Nobody connect from the bed and mostly people were hanging around the corridor to have access) * Nice building and rooms;

I was traveling around Italy, Rome was my last stop & it was the only time that briefly I felt comfortable! The place is really close to the Metro & Main Train Station and about 15min walking from the Colosseum. Overall the place feels like home, but it's the attention and kindness of Florinda! She's absolutely delightful, every morning you get fresh and tasty croissants with a variety of hot beverages. It's a Great place to stay, I'm absolutely coming back! :D

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Very warm place, very nice owner~ like there so much~

• 12th Jul 2015

The owner of the place is really nice! There are some things I didn't like about this hostel: There is no kitchen and no place to sit except the corridor when the terrace is closed. The bathroom is really clean, but the toilets are really small. My knees touched the door when I was sitting and the showers are transparents. You can see everything in the bathroom while you are showering and people can see you.

Awesome hostel, felt very home like with lots of funky decorations beautiful patio, good wifi. Staff are awesome, location little ways away from colloseum (maybe 15-20 min walk) rooms and faculties were nice and clean! Would go back! Recommend this hostel for sure you will not be disappointed

good bed for a night

Nice hostel! Clean and comfortable, anything special but it was ok since you don't pay a lot for it!

• 7th Jul 2015

Florinda, who runs the hostel is lovely and makes you feel at home straight away. She is so helpful and knows a lot about the area. The hostel is about a 10 min walk from the station (Use the exit via coop supermarket!!) and a few minute walk from the tram stop to the big attractions. There is a nice little yard outside where you can sit. The included breakfast was nice. The hostel is cleaned daily and a very nice place to stay. Would recommend and would stay there again.

It was nice, it would have been better if there had been air conditioning. Also the power repeatedly stopped working during our stay there.

Sunshine hostel is the best place if you have little time to discover hectic Rome. Proximity to the central station gives you the chance to quickly drop off your luggage and head into town. Florinda, who runs the hostel, is the friendliest person ever. She was so generous with tips and even allowed to keep our luggage and use the hostel facilities after check-out as our flight was so late that day. She is such a cheerful,helpful, fun person who would guide you to make the most of your short stay

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Syria
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hostel would not let us use the fans which made the bedroom and common area very uncomfortably hot. Owner did not update is on why we could not us the fans or whether she was trying to fix the situation. Owner was not present during the evening so hard to pass on information about when we were leaving in the morning. Internet was spotty and slow at best and since the owner was not present we could not get it fixed.

• 3rd Jul 2015

A very nice hostel!

No lockers, sketchy location, no amenities other than a bathroom that is shared between all guests. You do get free coffee and a croissant in the morning...

This is not your usual hostel. Florinda the owner is only there from 8-2pm meaning you feel as if you are staying in someone's house and outside these hours it's virtually impossible to check in. The beds Are comfortable and it's very clean but it just feels strange.

Really enjoyed my stay at Sunshine.. Its a small hostel but was really easy to meet people. It was nice to stay somewhere a little different. There is no bar or anything but that doesn't seem to be a problem as it is Italy and there is always cheap wine close by. Would stay here again. Be aware there are no lockers in the room, however I never worried about my things..

Very friendly atmosphere and quiet during the night in hostel. Clean rooms and toilet, comfortable beds. My check-in was in the evening, but it wasn't problem. Good crossiant and cofee. No lockers and kitchen. Place is closed to train station. I like this hostel and I recommend you.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

Absolutely loved staying at this hostel. Just an amazing experience. We were taken good care of and if we are ever back in Rome. We know we have a "home" to stay in.

• 12th Jun 2015