7.5
Very Good 1,057 Total Reviews
7.5
Very Good 1,057 Total Reviews
Sunshine Hostel Located at Via Giolitti, 208, , Rome.
Italy
Rome 00185 Via Giolitti, 208
75% 1057
41.8925981 12.5136637
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2016
2.0

I did not end up staying here as; I emailed the hostel the day before as I was not going to be able to check in before 2pm. I did not receive a reply. I got to the hostel and rang the buzzer but had no answer. I continued to ring it four times but still no reply. I waited for someone to exit the building so I could enter. I entered but there was another door to the reception that was also locked. I found the number to call so I rang a couple times but no one answered. So I left.

12th Jul 2016

The staff very friendly. Atmosphere very nice. Everything perfect. They even provide croissant and coffee in the morning. Will definitely come back.

• England, Couple, 18-24
5th Jul 2016
7.1

Our stay was average, but convenient if you just need somewhere to stop for the night and be close to the train station. I wouldn't recommend it for a trip much longer than 1 or 2 nights. Facilities are basic but clean and well kept. It's in a good location for being close to the train station, but it's a bit of a walk to the city centre. However there are many busses from the main train station. The area is a bit sketchy, but that is to be expected so close to the station.

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
3rd Jul 2016
5.4

This hostel was about a 20-25 min walk from the colosseum which was perfect. Only thing about here was the guy at reception didn't speak much English so was very hard to understand and communicate with him. Showers were good but no where to get changed in private after as the toilet was just big enough for you to squeeze into. The lady who worked there was lovely and was able to help but only seen her briefly 2 mornings.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
2nd Jul 2016
4.6

Sorry to rate the hostel lowish. I personally did not love staying here. I did not feel comfortable in a place which is quite cluttered inside. The shower doors are see through and the bathrooms and bedrooms have very little privacy. There is no air conditioning (rome is very hot) and our fan made a loud ticking noise (very difficult to sleep). Although nice, the owner barely speaks english which made communication difficult. Just felt a bit overwhelmed in the place overall.

25th Jun 2016

Staff was great, location is close to termini, the place is readonably clean, you get coffee and a pastry every morning and the staff is always willing to help and welcoming. Very recommended.

25th Jun 2016

15 minute walk from Termini train station. Not a typical hostel, more of an apartment with dorm rooms. Did not feel too welcome in the beginning, and it took about 40 minutes to check me in. The bed was not ready, so that was an extra 15 minute wait. The lady that runs the place is nice and takes care of things if you ask, but certain things takes time. Probably one of the better value hostels in Rome though, so would probably try it out next time.

3.7

I felt very attacked by the staff, they were very rude. I've never been treated like this, they were rude even by the intercom. They received us at door yelling at us because on their system there were only one reservation and not two, we explained that a error occurred and they kept being rude and yelling. Anyway the hostel is cute, nice rooms, nice bathroom, the only problem was the staff

• England, Male, 25-30
24th Jun 2016

A great hostel with very friendly and accommodating staff. The price is very good for Rome. The location is central, it is easy to get around the city from the hostel. The staff (Robbie and Fiorina) were also really kind to my friend when his flight back to Paris was cancelled, letting him use the phone and internet to sort a new flight out and giving a discount so he could stay a few nights more. I had a really great time here. I will be sure to go back.

22nd Jun 2016
7.4

Place was good, but the neighborhood is scary. Also the bathroom is too small.