Sunshine Hostel Reviews

Via Giolitti, 208, Rome, Italy

I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this is my first review. The service was great i felt i had to write something! The owner a the seeetest lady ever. She took care of every guest like if we were her children. Everything is clean and the hostel was safe. I walked to the colosseum and the metro is not to far too. If i go bavk to Rome I will surely come back at sunshine hostel!

• 26th May 2015

Florinda at sunshine hostel is wonderful and so friendly. Helping out with information and giving croissants to everyone at breakfast. Located also walking distance from termini station. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 16th May 2015
  • India

Sunshine hostel is by far my favorite hostel that I have ever stayed at. Florinda is the most wonderful host and her essence spills into every nook and cranny of the hostel. Its cozy rooms feel like bedrooms instead of dorms, there is privacy but still such a homey feel. Every morning is perfectly started with a croissant, coffee and tea from Florinda herself. The bathroom and shower are very clean and comfortable to use. I have never had a more welcoming stay! Would recommend to everyone!

• 16th May 2015

Nothing majorly wrong. But bathrooms are too small and shower doors are transparent. No lock for the toilet door. No transport from the train station. Have to wak for 20 minutes.

Good hostel! Not far from train station and easy walk to Metro station. No lockers for your stuff just a lock on the room. The bathroom situation was a little weird but it worked. Wifi sometimes worked in the rooms but was best in the hallway. Overall, I'd stay here again.

I didn't find lockers in my room. I arrived before 2 p.m , even like this the owner left the place . I had to wait someone open the door about 30 minutes! The owner was very rude, and one day I went there to get some stuff that I forgot she was sleeping in one bed inside of the room! ( one woman paid for that bed!) . It was very bad, I didn't find croissant that would be there in breakfasttime . It's expensive and the service is awful!

The owner is VERY friendly and makes everything to satisfy guests. Very nice and cozy environment, big pleasure to stay there. Hostel is very small, and lacks a kitchen, but hot drinks and fresh croissants are served for breakfast. Bathrooms small but clean and equipped with towels and soap. No noise or strong odors noticed, slept well. Wi-Fi coverage and speed are quite weak, but if you came to Rome to sit on facebook, you better check your priorities. Perfect cheap hostel for short stays.

• 9th May 2015
  • Ukraine

The hostel is nice and clean, recommended for young people! The owner is very kind and sweet, and this made the holiday to be good.

• 29th Apr 2015

There is really no common area and if you want to eat there's nowhere to do it. The coffee/croissant in the morning is very nice and the owner will talk to you which is sweet. We asked her to print our boarding passes and she got angry pretty quickly. When I asked where else we could go to print she didn't have any suggestions. She helped us out with them in the end but really didn't want to do it--I consider printing services pretty standard when staying at a hostel so this surprised me.

The behavior of the owner was really bad , she didn't serve us at all. She actually screamed us and talk us really rude. At the web page she didn't mention that the bathroom was shared and that the the city taxis are not included in the total price although my reservation said that total taxes are included. I totally not recommend this hostel.

The location actually is a bit far from the station. The staff is really nice. She provides breakfast every morning.

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Staff is very friendly and the place is very clean and peaceful. Only down thing is that there is no kitchen, but as stayed only for 1 night, it was ok. And the croissant served in the morning is delicious!

It was ok, I didn't like that I had to pay the tourist tax of 3,50€ per day even if they hadn't made a note about that on there page. Other hostels indicate you that you have to pay the tax extra, so I thougt that the tax was already included in the endprice. Now I think it was not the cheapest one. And I didn't like the humid smell of mould in the rooms and bathroom. The owner (a little bit stressed) behaved like a mother, that can be nice or annoying. But she helped me.

• 14th Apr 2015

The Hostel is located approximately 10-12 minutes walking from the Termini in Rome. The owner is a very sweet lady who is very helpful and caring. The guests were very friendly and shared tips and information with the other guests.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • El Salvador

Florinda, the owner of the hostel, is a friendly reliable person who speaks very good English. She really cares about her guests and puts some considerable effort into making their stay comfortable. The interior of the hostel is clean and decorated nicely. Note that this hostel ist very small. There is neither a kitchen nor a common room. This is not a typical Backpackers Hostel where you can prepare your own meals and hang out in your free time. It's basically a place to sleep.

• 8th Apr 2015

Florinda the owner was very friendly. The dorm rooms were spacious and clean. Same for the toilets. The house is decorated in flowers and pretty stuff. Breakfast provided is croissant and coffee/tea which is pretty good. Located near the train station, and the colosseum. Good place to stay!!

The lady that runs this hostel is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She was so kind and helpful my entire stay. I'm often hesitant and pessimistic about places that aren't commercial hostels, but she made me feel at home and I loved it. I would definitely recommend this hostel and will definitely stay here again when I return to rome! 10/10 recommend!

• 4th Apr 2015

Florinda was great! We really enjoyed our stay