Sunshine Hostel Reviews

Via Giolitti, 208, Rome, Italy

No kitchen was a bit inconvenient but everyone there is lovely and the place has a nice atmosphere.

The location is not so good... also gard to find but it ok for what to pay. Is like 1km from termini station to the opposite side of the touristic area. The woman is very kind though... there is no common area but the rest is fine

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Upon arrival it was quite a walk to the hostel (we didn't realize we could take the metro as well). The owner was a very lovely women. She warmly welcomed us and explained everything to us. We stayed with a group of 6 girls for two nights. everything was ver clean and although you have to share the bathroom with the floor we didn't find it busy or occupied at any time. The breakfast was a croissant which filled us up for at least a couple of hours and we were aloud to do our own laundry as well.

• 31st Jul 2015

Be aware, there is an additional Tourist Tax for every night you stay that is NOT included in the listed price by Hostel World. When I was there (2015) it was another 3.50 Euro per person, so that totaled an additional 20 some Euros for my travel group that we were not expecting. Kind of frustrating that Hostel World doesn't check that information, but I guess the Hostel itself was fine. There's no air conditioning though, so summer nights can be brutal.

We arrived very late at the hostel (after struggling for a while to find it) and found the keys and a note left for us. It's a beautiful little hostel, very homey and welcoming. However it was An extremely Hot night in Rome, and due to the risk of being robbed, we couldn't open our windows, and there is no air con. This resulted in a very sleepless night. Other than this, I enjoyed it.

Just weird. The lady who runs it kept accepting phone calls while we were trying to check in, and was screaming in Italian at the person on the other end. She told us how she was robbed last week (and who did it). Our room was nice enough. Clean, and comfortable. However, after returning after a day in Rome, we came back to our door unlocked and wide open. When I confronted the owner she simply told me "the maid forgot to lock it again" and was angry I asked. Wouldn't recommend, not secure.

The patio is great when open and the owner friendly and helpful. Could be a really sweet hostel except for 1) only one person works there and she is gone by 2, so no service after that. 2) the nice patio is closed when she leaves at 2 so everyone has to crowd into the narrow hallway which gets stifling hot because 3) there is no wifi in the rooms or ac anywhere. Would hesitantly recommend this place.

It was a really homey feeling hostel. The woman who has it was really friendly and very welcoming. It's located about 15 min walk from the train station. There are restaurants around as well both touristy and more authentic ones. While there two ppl in my room had several items stolen from them by another resident who had received the keys for the whole hostel by the owner so the security at the hostel is quite lacking - hopefully they will get lockers in the future. Ps no lock on toilet door :(

location is not good- such a dodgy area right by the main station and a pain to get anywhere from. however, Florinda, the woman who runs the hostel is SO lovely and motherly and made us feel right at home. She brings everyone croissants for bfast and is so accommodating. the rooms were spacious and clean (could maybe do with some lockers though?) and people were friendly. the hostel is in an appartment building, so is small but cute and adorably decorated so overall only downside was location!

Stylish place, with really friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

Very memorable days I spent in Rome. Receptionist was super friendly and helpful. Hostel is clean and located in the center of Rome. I highly recommend this lovely decorated hostel to everyone. As it's in the center of Rome, it's a bit loud in some rooms so i would suggest to bring your earplugs if you can not ignore city noice. Florinda, receptionist and owner, is very very kind to all guests. She seem to be my sister, good friend in those few days. If I go to Rome I'll surely stay there again.

* No air conditioning in summer (It was hot like hell); No good public transportation connections; They charged me some extra tax that I didn't expect!; Problems in the WiFi network (Nobody connect from the bed and mostly people were hanging around the corridor to have access) * Nice building and rooms;

I was traveling around Italy, Rome was my last stop & it was the only time that briefly I felt comfortable! The place is really close to the Metro & Main Train Station and about 15min walking from the Colosseum. Overall the place feels like home, but it's the attention and kindness of Florinda! She's absolutely delightful, every morning you get fresh and tasty croissants with a variety of hot beverages. It's a Great place to stay, I'm absolutely coming back! :D

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Very warm place, very nice owner~ like there so much~

• 12th Jul 2015

The owner of the place is really nice! There are some things I didn't like about this hostel: There is no kitchen and no place to sit except the corridor when the terrace is closed. The bathroom is really clean, but the toilets are really small. My knees touched the door when I was sitting and the showers are transparents. You can see everything in the bathroom while you are showering and people can see you.

Awesome hostel, felt very home like with lots of funky decorations beautiful patio, good wifi. Staff are awesome, location little ways away from colloseum (maybe 15-20 min walk) rooms and faculties were nice and clean! Would go back! Recommend this hostel for sure you will not be disappointed

good bed for a night

Nice hostel! Clean and comfortable, anything special but it was ok since you don't pay a lot for it!

• 7th Jul 2015

Florinda, who runs the hostel is lovely and makes you feel at home straight away. She is so helpful and knows a lot about the area. The hostel is about a 10 min walk from the station (Use the exit via coop supermarket!!) and a few minute walk from the tram stop to the big attractions. There is a nice little yard outside where you can sit. The included breakfast was nice. The hostel is cleaned daily and a very nice place to stay. Would recommend and would stay there again.

It was nice, it would have been better if there had been air conditioning. Also the power repeatedly stopped working during our stay there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3