Sunshine Hostel Reviews

Via Giolitti, 208, Rome, Italy

We had an interesting stay at this hostel. Florinda is very nice and helpful, but the hostel itself is odd. The wifi only works under the router, there's no common room, and the washrooms are unkept. The hostel is right beside the train tracks, so it's not a great location, but there's 3 locks to get into your room. Overall it was a fine experience, but I'm sure there's better places in Rome.

Wonderful host, friendly atmosphere, had a great stay and would recommend!

• 31st Oct 2015

Florinda is a true Italian woman! Tasty pastry in the morning. No kitchen. Its a decent 10min walk from roma termini even though its "right next to it" and the hostel is on the train station side not where all the other hotels are on the other side.

I thought the hostel was a fun environment and the people were nice who were also staying there. We felt very safe and the host was very nice and welcoming.

Great spot if you come in via the train, but a little bit isolated from the rest of the city so bring your walking shoes. Your landlady Florinda is more a hostess than anything else, certainly more a guesthouse in feel than a hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay here. Florinda was really lovely, and made us a nice breakfast in the morning. The hostel had a homely feel rather than a party atmosphere. It's right near the train station and about a 20 minute walk from the Colosseum. Only problem was no kitchen. Also, let florinda know in advance what time you'll be arriving otherwise no one will be there to let you in as reception is only open in the morning.

Great hostel and nice place to stay. The receptionist Florinda is great. Helps you find anything you need. Only thing that sucks was they didn't provide towels . And apparently in italy its impossible to find and nobody that you ask knows where to find them. In case anyone is wondering how to say towels in italian and you want to avoid that crazy look when you ask it is "Asciugamani" . Overall great experience and great stay. BTW they also provide awesome pastries and coffee in the AM.

• 18th Oct 2015

Everything is ok, my only problem is that the bed in second floor is too high for me :( climb into bed like climb on the mountain :))

Kettle to make a coffee and tea in the evevnig time would be useful

• 5th Oct 2015

This is nice and friendly hostel. Staff is nice, ready to help. The atmosphere is nice, really like home. I will recommend this hostel. Near Rome Termini Central Station.

Slightly different to any other hostel I've stayed in as there are no staff after 2pm and so you can't use the kettle or outside terrace as it's locked but the owner is very kind and does a lot for her guests in the morning, like fresh croissants for breakfast. It was clean and hot showers day and night.

It was nice to hit a nice small hostel after being in big party spots for a few weeks. Low key and a perfect place to crash after being in the heart of busy Rome for 12 hours! Very close to the train station too! The woman running the hostel, (sorry, forgot her name) was so welcoming I almost felt like I had a mother away from home! :)

The stay was good. Bit hard to find the hostel but location is close to central station. And the staff was good too.

Florinda is a typical mama Italiana! She'll take care of you, tell you about the city, hug you.. The hostel is clean, organized and just 10 min walking to Colosseum. We enjoyed very much our stay. The only problem was arriving at the hostel, cause the numbers at the street are crazy! Go down until the very end of the street, you'll pass by numbers 207-209 and will think that there's something wrong. Just go until the very end of the street, the hostel is at the side of the train station! ;)

It is so free hostel and cheap. Manager is also kind and service is okay. You can meet many global friends in there !!!

The only criticism we had was the latest check in being at 2pm. Our train was delayed by 2 hours and we completely forgot, if we were ever aware, that check in finished at 2pm. As we arrived the owner was pretty rude to us about us being late and questioning whether she believed our reason. Other travellers found this a problem too, so I would say having an email sent out to those staying, maybe 48 hours before, reminding us of the limited check in times would be good.

This was a really cool little hostel! The lady who owns it was really sweet and helpful, and the croissant that you get for breakfast was delicious. there are 2 layers of locked doors to get into the hostel so despite the location I felt pretty secure. Definitely recommend it!

The hostel was clean and fairly easy to get to. The only problem was finding the hostel as it is not clearly marked outside.

The staff was nice and friendly. The hostel staff was really helpful. Even though we arrived after midnight the staff lady was kind enough to let us in and arrange our rooms. The hostel itself was well kept and looked quite diferent....it is really good.

Florinda is wonderful! She really takes pride in her business and making sure everyone is comfortable. I enjoyed my stay here. Little hard to find at first but cant complain about location.

« first « Prev 1 2 3