Sunshine Hostel Reviews

Via Giolitti, 208, Rome, Italy

The lady who works there is nice and the hostel is very clean and well-decorated. Unfortunately, those are the only good things about this hostel. There is no common space so it's a terrible place to make friends. There aren't enough outlets to charge your electronics. I had to leave my phone/computer in a hallway outlet and hope that someone wouldn't take it. The thing that upset me most is that they say they have lockers, but they don't. I wouldn't have stayed here had I known.

It was an awesome hostel, staff is amazing, they are really helpful and also atmosphere was also awesome.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

This is a charming hostel run by one lady, who is lovely. She's happy to talk you through Rome, give you a map and tell you how to get to where you want to go. Every morning you get a coffee and a cornetti (they're great), which is included in your room fee. The place is very chilled, but quite far from the centre. It's around a 20 minute walk from termini. Not the most modern hostel but it's well maintained and clean. Make sure you're there before 2pm!

We loved our stay at sunshine, the hostel is great and the staff are even better. The staff were really helpful with telling us where to go in Rome and we really appreciated the free breakfast. It is such a lovely and more homely hostel than the majority of hostels we stayed in prior and afterwards. We would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to stay in Rome.

Street numbering is poor which makes it rather tricky and confusing to find the place. Then, you still need to walk 15mn or so from Termini station. Staff are impolite and defensive (one is particularly rude!!) and take for granted anyone travelling from outside will easily reach the hostel, whether you're familiar with Rome or not?? Phone communication is hard as one number isn't working and no-one's answering on the other one.

HI ALESSANDRA, JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT.................... THIS IS YOUR POINT OF VIEW! NO COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!! SUNSHINE HOSTEL ROMA FLORINDA BY THE WAY ALL THE PHONE NRS ARE WORKING.

No frills, the offer is basic (room, shared bathroom, Roman style breakfast), but it was clean and comfortable, the folks who run it were very nice and accommodating and helpful with things like storing luggage. It is a little hard to find as the road numbering system is not straightforward and there is minimal signage outside. You can hear trains from the room as it is quite near the tracks but it was not too loud. Recommend if you are looking for something basic and affordable.

This hostel was great! The staff was so lovely and caring. We got a dorm room and the conditions were good. The hostel is a bit older so it's a bit run down But iT has everything you need so worth the money. Bathrooms were cleaned every morning so very clean always. BEST PART the cappuccino and pastries you get for breakfast!! So delicious!!!

The owner was very friendly and helpful!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

We've stayed for 3 nights and it was very pleasant. The staff was so kindly and helped us a lot. Free breakfast, free WiFi through all the building, in my room there was a TV, a small refrigerator, a lot of power plugs and a helpful wardrobe. There is just one male bathroom and two showers, all in the same place, which is a litle weird when other person is using it.

About 15 min. to collessium. The lady in reception is soo kind and helpful

On the toilet door has no lock, but otherwise all is well.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Russia

Really cosy warm atmosphere! A lot of care was put into the very pretty decor. The breakfast of croissants and coffee was nice as well. Shower area was a bit too cramped though. Although it was quite near the main train station, it was a bit difficult to find. Better directions could be given on their website. E.g. instead of saying "until you find a kind of temple we are after that , left hand" they could say "when you see the temple on the left, keep walking straight".

The hostel itself consists of a hallway with doors off of it. The lady who owns it was nice enough at first but when she wakes you up early for no reason and refuses to let you sleep in, and then 5 min later says you can it made me think otherwise. A couple girls at the hostel told me that while they were talking to each other in the bathroom while one showered, the hostel lady opened the curtain to the girl showering and told them to be quiet. At 4 pm. Overall I would not stay here again.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Hostelguy23

Warm staff... They are like.family. I.love it.

• 8th Jun 2014

The Manzoni metro stop is in walking distance, and there is a large supermarket on the way to this metro station. The staff is very nice and helped me to print boarding pass, and the hostel was very clean. You will get a croissant every morning :-) WiFi-area is around the sofa in the hall, which is not a big problem IMO. I missed more power-outlets in the dorms though. Another traveller took some money from my wallet, and there could be quite noisy, but this was NOT the staffs responsability.

We were in Europe for over a month and this was easily the worst hostel we had come to. The location was sketchy and felt unsafe. We literally were forced out of our room because they had sent the next person who was staying there the next night to the room. The staff was super pushy and rude. I am thankful we only spent one night out of three in Rome there.

and i thank god that we only have you for one night only!!!!!!!!!! thank you again

Our stay was great. The hostel is small and secure and the train station is like 10-15 min away. The only problem was that WiFi didn't work on my cellphone at all and there's only one toilet for men and it doesn't have a lock or something.

I had a little trouble finding this hostel, but once I got oriented it wasn't far from termini (the main train station). I felt like this hostel is not your typical hostel set up... It is more of a quite hostel since the terrace is not open during the evenings. However, there is a croissant provided for breakfast along with coffee, which is always wonderful! The lady who runs the hostel is very sweet, my friend hurt her foot and she called a cab for us!

Make sure you are there when you say you will be!! The lady in charge was leaving right as we came in, and yelled at us for coming two hours late (she thought we were coming at 12, but we emailed saying 2). When we realized it was a miscommunication, she was very apologetic. Fresh croissants in the morning!

Hostel was fine as a place to stay, clean and quiet, but be aware it's just a converted apartment - no kitchen unit, no communal area (except the sofa next to the door). Make sure you phone ahead if you're arriving after 2pm because the reception only opens on request after that. No problems though.