Supertramp Hostel Reviews

Calle Chaskatika, Barrio Las Orquideas, Plaza de la Cultura, Machu Picchu, Peru

Good place to stay while visiting Machu picchu. If you're waking up early try to stay in one of the lower bedrooms as the one next to the terrace is noisy. Big beds, big rooms, air was a little stagnant and smelly, though

Overall great spot! I would stay here again. The Aussie bartender (forgot your name, sorry) was a homie and did a great job at making everyone feel included and social. Breakfast could be a little bigger but other than that, perfect!

I had a great stay at Supertramp, the place is nice and clean, I loved the terrasse. It's close to the train station, the staff is good vibe and the restaurant is delicious! Go there!

One of the better hostels in Aguas Calientes. Does the simple things well with the major draw back being security-people just walking in and out all day who weren't staying there.

Very unfriendly staff. Beds are nice-especially the blankets. Breakfast was poor...especially when u want to eat later then 6:30am!

• 11th Feb 2015

Good place to start your Machu Picchu adventure from - close to everything and breakfast from 4:30 am a great plus (although it started quite a bit later the day I needed it that early). Probably one of your best bets to stay in this crazy expensive town.

Good location, nice staff, amazing beds and great breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. The terrace and the bar upstairs are very cool to chill out after a trip to Machu Picchu (several games available like Jenga, Chess, Cards, etc.). The shared bathrooms were ok. A negative point would be the lack of a guest kitchen and the value for money: it's indeed pretty expensive (but the whole city is actually pretty expensive).

I had a very good time surrounded by excellent people.The terrace bar is a perfect place to relax.The staff is very helpful and caring.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Dark, dingy hostel. The staff seem like they could not care less. Check in time is 1pm. We arrived at 10am and had to wait until 1pm exactly to check in, even though majority of people check out at 4am for Machu Picchu and the rooms had already been cleaned. No locks on any doors and the staff just let anyone in the hostel. They left the storage room open so we decided to take all our stuff with us. Breakfast is in the cafe next door and is ok.

First time ever experiencing a "Peeping Tom". This is not the staff's fault or anything to do with management; this is the fault of some male traveller who couldn't control himself. Luckily, I was mostly clothed but it still freaked me out. For the price you get a standard bed, co ed shower facilities, shared computer (1), and plenty of open space on the patio to relax or have a drink. The AM receptionist is wonderful. PM rep, not so much. Expect stinky people who've just returned from MP.

Stayed here for one night before walking up to Machu Picchu. Beds and rooms and nice and spacious, although I don't know how clean my blanket was. Not the greatest atmosphere, but think this is probably because most people only stay for one night. Breakfast starts at 4.30, and they have a nice rooftop bar. No locks on bedroom door, but plenty of lockers, plus they let me shower after checking out.

great place &staff

Great hostel, big, comfy beds and big lockers in the dorms. Free breakfast (with eggs, not just jam and toast!). Would definitely stay there again :)

I don't know what some of these reviews are talking about, maybe some of the shower heads dont work right but my shower was boiling hot and I was in there for a good 20 minutes. The wifi worked fine on the 2nd floor in our room. The restaurant was closed because the cook was on vacation but that seemed to be the only setback. They did all out laundry for 7 soles per kilo (like a dollar per pound)

they lost my reservation and I had to find another place to stay- a "trendy" but poorly run business-it shouldn't be classed as a hostel-it's a boutique hotel with no kitchen, no lockup for valuables and no hot water in the showers

Nice place but 1) no hot water in the showers and the mountain water is very cold 2) no lockup for valuables 3) no kitchen-it has been converted to a restaurant-not suited to people who are travellng for a few months and want to cook their own food 4) my romm was across from the bathrooms/showers with spring loaded doors that slammed all nite long 4) they couldn't find the reservation for my second day until the next morning after I had already paid for another place

One of the best hostels we ever visited. The stuff is very friendly. The hostel has this very charming colored walls everywere what makes it special. The beds were so comfortable that we really had to fight to get up early to see machu picchu. We highly recomend that place.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

The staff wasn't always around. Anyone could have walked in & gone upstairs to the rooms where doors are always left open.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Singapore

The only real hostel in town, so if you're on a budget this is the place to stay. Breakfast is served from 5.30am too, so perfect if you're starting early for Machu Picchu.

Everyone were really kind and I really enjoy my stay at Supertramp.

• 29th Dec 2014