Supertramp Hostel Reviews

Calle Chaskatika, Barrio Las Orquideas, Plaza de la Cultura, Machu Picchu, Peru

After doing the Inca Trek all I wanted was to sleep in (no longer than c/o time) as I was feeling ill from being run down on the trek. Housekeeping had other plans, coming in around 7am blasting Peruvian music on her phone, obviously giving the hint it was time to get up. The street is pretty loud with foot traffic from locals and you can hear every time a chair is moved in the bar, but I think that was the room I was in, rooms further back wouldn't have that problem.

The hostel I gets mixed reviews. Yes it's clean and cozy, but the wifi is poor, staff doesn't interact or seem interested, making it more a home (which they attempt at). The hostel is also away from everything in what seems more residential. The bed was ok but showers mostly cold. The bar is cool but I have to give the biggest props to the restaurant staff.They're very good and happy and make amazing dishes. I would go to the restaurant alone because it's there.

They let us hang out in the hostel for hours until our train came, after we had already checked out, which a lot of hostels typically don't allow. Two thumbs up for that one guys!!

• 27th Nov 2014

Good place to stay if you're going to Machu Picchu. Affordable and the showers are clean. The rooms were hot and could use some fans and one of our lights were out. Otherwise, pretty friendly staff and guests.

Good choice for avoiding the high prices of Machu Picchu Pueblo. The hostel was pretty full but the staff is quite nice and helpful.

The hot water in the hostel went in and out, which after rigorous Machupichu hiking could be a big disappointment. We also found that the staff ranged from indifferent to outright hostile when accommodating requests.

• 26th Nov 2014

Nothing exceptional, but solid facilities/service for the price. Could have been a one-off issue but we got eaten alive by bugs at the outdoor bar and in our dorm. Bit of a slow season, and most people are getting ready for early visits to Machu Picchu, but social atmosphere was fairly quiet when we were there. The staff was excellent, helpful and accommodating, and breakfast was good. Still good value for money if you're looking for reasonably priced accommodation in Aguascalientes Caliente.

Staff was friendliy and helpful

This hostel is pretty damn bad. Most people are here for 1 night so early to bed and early to rise. The bar upstairs is pretty noisy, take ear plugs. Breakfast is basic. Wifi is bad if it even works. Staff were unhelpful. The cleaning lady took some stuff from my bed when changing sheets and took ages to get it back. Toilets and showers need more cleaning. If breakfast stuff runs out, tough luck they said. Not enough lockers for beds and some were kept locked by people not even staying there!

Thank you for taking such good care of us!

• 23rd Nov 2014

Although, I booked this hostel because of the good reviews it had, my experience here was a bad one. First, I arrived at a midnight due to a mudslide in San Luis. I checked in, showered, then went out to get something to eat. Upon my return to the hostel, I knocked on the door for about 30 minutes minimum. This was very strange since the manager was asleep on the couch, which was about 10 feet from the door. The next morning,there was no running water, which produced a very bad odor in bathrooms

Peacefull place, with good bedrooms, good showers, and good staff. They have just one computer, so don't expect use it if the hostel is crowded. The breakfast is good, they also offers eggs if you want, and the tea is free all day long. Location is ok, but the things in the supermarket are very expensive, so bring most things you can from your previous city. You can find cheap restaurants though, there is one near the hostel called Puerto Peru, they have menu for 10 soles.

I love you guys! staying there felt like coming home to a beautiful family. Brilliant energy and love!!! art on the walls was a gorgeous touch!

• 15th Nov 2014

Excellent staff, nice dorms. Great atmosphere. Little hostel in Aguas Calientes that fulfill its purpose ! A cheap and nice stay to visit easily Machu Picchu !

Do not stay here! Double room stank of damp,woke up covered in bites,showers cold, toilets filthy and staff dreadful! Worst hostel I have stayed in!

Cool space and atmosphere, but no kitchen to use, rude and territorial cook, filthy bathrooms (do they ever clean the bins?), only 3 toilets that I saw for the whole hostel, freezing water, shit wifi. The place has potential, but the staff need to step it up.

Unisex bathrooms, but no private changing areas within the bathrooms! Otherwise the place is pretty good, nice view from the bar too. Breakfast was basic but hit the spot.

Great place they make you breakfast at 4am! No poweroutlets in the rooms though..

When we stayed it was extremely noisy through the whole night. The loudest one was the receptionist. A bit strange considering it's a hostel where a lot of us want to get up at 5am to catch the bus to Machu Picchu. The beds were great, the bathroom clean. Breakfast was ok, at least it had eggs. Receptionists were really nice but likely they get commission for promoting certain restaurants. We asked for a place to eat cheap and were recommended places at 30 soles when in fact there's much cheaper

Extremely nice and new hostel in Macchu Pichu Pueblo. All brand new and even still being built some parts of the bathrooms during my stay. Cozy and with good amenities. Nice and good looking staff...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4