Supertramp Hostel Reviews

Calle Chaskatika, Barrio Las Orquideas, Plaza de la Cultura, Machu Picchu, Peru

Comfy beds, adjoining restaurant was delicious too. Great location, with a lot of charcter.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in ! Very clean, new comfortable bed and linnen, new clean bathroom. Only few things to comment in slightly negative tone: toilets had half open doors, meaning like door in a western pub. Also wifi did not worked properly even though they have two different wifi connection. Breakfast very simple as everywhere, bread, butter, jam. If asked scrumbled eggs possible. But otherwise perfect !

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

The room is bit too affected by the outside noises. We stayed in 2 private rooms and it got bit difficult to sleep early due to the noises of people going up and down the stairs.

• 4th Apr 2015

No hot water, Internet was super spotty, room smelled of mold and the showers were absolutely disgusting. Cut our stay short and moved to a different place.

• 4th Apr 2015

Everything was great except that we got the lunch pack from them at 20 soles. It was stated that it includes water fruits musli bars and chocolates. When we got the pack, we couldn't believe that our sandwich was smaller than our musli bars. The lunch pack was probably worth less than 8 soles if we get it in the supermarket on our own. Could probably work on that.

I thought this was one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The bathrooms were clean.The beds were big and lots of sitting height . it wasn't too noisy and the breakfast was great... two scrambled eggs, fresh buns, coffee.. this was a great start to my walk to Machu Picchu. The staff were friendly and took the time to conversate with you. oh and let me say the beds were very comfortable... I slept like a log. Gail

Don't stay at this hostel as long as you are going to Machuppichu!! This hostel has a bar in the second floor where our room was and that bar played super loud music till two. Evenworse, quite a lot of people in the bar were local and they can enter our room because there were no lockable door inside building. I was seriously worried that some of them got enough drunk to come inside our room.

I had a great time and experience at the Supertramp hostel, I totally recommend it if you are looking for something nice and chill!

Good place to stay while visiting Machu picchu. If you're waking up early try to stay in one of the lower bedrooms as the one next to the terrace is noisy. Big beds, big rooms, air was a little stagnant and smelly, though

Overall great spot! I would stay here again. The Aussie bartender (forgot your name, sorry) was a homie and did a great job at making everyone feel included and social. Breakfast could be a little bigger but other than that, perfect!

I had a great stay at Supertramp, the place is nice and clean, I loved the terrasse. It's close to the train station, the staff is good vibe and the restaurant is delicious! Go there!

One of the better hostels in Aguas Calientes. Does the simple things well with the major draw back being security-people just walking in and out all day who weren't staying there.

Very unfriendly staff. Beds are nice-especially the blankets. Breakfast was poor...especially when u want to eat later then 6:30am!

• 11th Feb 2015

Good place to start your Machu Picchu adventure from - close to everything and breakfast from 4:30 am a great plus (although it started quite a bit later the day I needed it that early). Probably one of your best bets to stay in this crazy expensive town.

Good location, nice staff, amazing beds and great breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. The terrace and the bar upstairs are very cool to chill out after a trip to Machu Picchu (several games available like Jenga, Chess, Cards, etc.). The shared bathrooms were ok. A negative point would be the lack of a guest kitchen and the value for money: it's indeed pretty expensive (but the whole city is actually pretty expensive).

I had a very good time surrounded by excellent people.The terrace bar is a perfect place to relax.The staff is very helpful and caring.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Dark, dingy hostel. The staff seem like they could not care less. Check in time is 1pm. We arrived at 10am and had to wait until 1pm exactly to check in, even though majority of people check out at 4am for Machu Picchu and the rooms had already been cleaned. No locks on any doors and the staff just let anyone in the hostel. They left the storage room open so we decided to take all our stuff with us. Breakfast is in the cafe next door and is ok.

First time ever experiencing a "Peeping Tom". This is not the staff's fault or anything to do with management; this is the fault of some male traveller who couldn't control himself. Luckily, I was mostly clothed but it still freaked me out. For the price you get a standard bed, co ed shower facilities, shared computer (1), and plenty of open space on the patio to relax or have a drink. The AM receptionist is wonderful. PM rep, not so much. Expect stinky people who've just returned from MP.

Stayed here for one night before walking up to Machu Picchu. Beds and rooms and nice and spacious, although I don't know how clean my blanket was. Not the greatest atmosphere, but think this is probably because most people only stay for one night. Breakfast starts at 4.30, and they have a nice rooftop bar. No locks on bedroom door, but plenty of lockers, plus they let me shower after checking out.

great place &staff