Supertramp Hostel Reviews

Calle Chaskatika, Barrio Las Orquideas, Plaza de la Cultura, Machu Picchu, Peru

my room is a ten beds dorm next to the bar. have read some comments about the noise of the bar or the hostel. I don't feel the noise actually, maybe because it is low season? I stayed there in Oct. in general, I like this hostel and will recommend it definitely. would have stayed two more days if I had not booked the train ticked...

• 11th Oct 2014
  • China

The restaurant in this hostel has one of the best menus around the entire country. The chef here is phenomenal, the staff is really lay back and wonderful. My only problem is that the toilets trash needed to be emptied more often, is super gross to see papers with fecal matter all around the bathroom.

If you want a bit of a sleep before an early start to Machu Picchu, don't stay here. The rooms are between the common area below and the bar above. You'll hear every word. A much better place for the post picchu party!

This place was super rad. Huge beds, beautiful original artwork all over. The owner, Sebastián, checked us in, and he - and the rest of the staff - were very knowledgable about the town and super approachable for any general inquiries. And without a doubt, the best place to eat in town. Even if you don't stay here, once you get sick of all barkers at all the overpriced restaurant touristicas, make sure you eat at Palate Bistro.

• 24th Sep 2014

Great hostel in the middle of the overly priced Aguas Caliente. Sebastian was awesome from the moment we walked into the hostel. Our only issue was that the hostel is right next to a bar or club so the music was blasting until at least 4AM. Considering most travelers wake up around 4-430AM to make their way up to Machu Picchu, it was a miracle anyone got a minute of sleep. Needless to say, come prepared!

Staff were welcoming and friendly and the bedding was very warm. Breakfast and packed lunch were pretty good too. I was a bit worried about reviews about the noise but it was quiet the night I was there (Monday night - bar closed and it's only advertised as being open until 11pm anyway). The bathrooms were pretty clean but the only thing that could be better is that there isn't much room in the shower cubicles to be able to hang dry clothes and get redressed afterwards.

Shower (hot water) does not work. Average place to stay, although the staff is very, very friendly.

Overall good hostel, but the hot water goes on & off and couldn't get the wifi connection to work. Very clean dorms and eggs, bread and coffee for breakfast!

It's quite out the way, and down a dodgy street... But once you in its a nice little place! Hot water is intermittent, and there were some old locals washing themselves in the bathrooms at 6am being extremely noisy not what you want when you are either pre or post Inca trail! I had to ask them to quieten down but as per usual they were ignorant and carried on being disgusting and loud... Peeing over the floor, leaving lots of hair in the shower etc... The deli down stairs is fantastic!!!

I think your going to far speaking about locals, as you called them,

Our stay at Supertramp Hostel was fun and helpful. Staffs were so friendly and it helped us to get along with other guests in the hostel. Also it was so thankful that we could get really hot shower since it was cold outside in The mid of September.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Japan

Great price quality given Aguas Calientes, very chilled personell and best burgers in town, (try philly cheese)

• 13th Sep 2014

Really cool Hostel, hope I can spend more days next time

The staff was super helpful in terms of figuring out buses to Machu Picchu and the packed lunch. Breakfast was a little lacking, but I wonder if that was because we came at the later end of things. Hot showers were awesome!

• 8th Sep 2014

Funky wall art and cool staff greet you right away. This was a great and cheap hostel. I would recommend it to anyone. I arrived late and woke up early but the staff were friendly and laid back, and the atmosphere was good. If I'm back in aguas calientes this is where I'll go.

• 6th Sep 2014

Supertramp was great. I wish we had more time in AC but we (as many people) were just passing through on our way to Machu Picchu. But the staff was very kind and hepful, they had breakfast early in the morning for those who wanted to get up and out to MP early and it had a great atmosphere. Having no outlets besides the one behind the desk and at the bar was a definite downside though...having cameras and phones charged before a world wonder is a must! Overall would defnitely recommend though.

The night we arrived the staff member was not knowledgeable on information for visiting machu picchu and she did not tell us of the option to bring a pack lunch the hostel offered for a small fee. The atmosphere was awesome for a party but unfortunately most of us guests were only there to sleep early for the early day on the mountain.

good party hostel, friendly staff.

Very friendly crew, a good place to stay before Machu Picchu. Just a note: The place could be a little noisy during the night

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Chile

It was the best hostel I stayed for the last few days. The stuff was very concerned and even made us breakfast at 4 in the morning so we could catch the sunrise at macchu pichu! it is definitly crazy looking with a nice rooftop bar. I would totally recommend this hostel! keep on going guys!

• 28th Aug 2014

Met needs for a quick overnight stay, but overall unimpressed. Stains on bedspread. Not quietest into evening with loud music from terrace. Included breakfast was unavailable at checkout as promised.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4