Supertramp Hostel Reviews

Calle Chaskatika, Barrio Las Orquideas, Plaza de la Cultura, Machu Picchu, Peru

Best hostel experience, wonderful staff that's always willing to help, very clean rooms and bathrooms, great location and a wonderful vibe overall

• 9th May 2015

Great Hostel, they were very helpful

Staff was great, nice and helpful. The lockers in the room weren't that great, but they work. Fun atmosphere, met some great people here.

Best hostel in town. Super friendly and helpful staff and great food in the restaurant. breakfast starts at 4;30am so you can eat before heading to Machu Pitchu.

Big lockers and comfortable beds. Breakfast starts really early (4:30) so you are able to eat before you go to Machu Picchu. Just four plugs in 12 bed dorm which is definitely not enough, because everybody want to load phones and cameras before or after MP.

Although my ratings for this place by category seem ok, I would not stay here again and recommend folks looking for a quiet stay of uninterrupted sleep to avoid this place. My biggest complaints surround the facilities. The main shared bathroom has an 1800s western saloon style door on it, meaning you can hear what goes on in there throughout the entire hostel - AT ALL HOURS. This is not helped as many travelers to Peru suffer digestive-ly from the change in water quality. Cold water showers.

Our room was clean but you can smell and feel a humidity atmosphere in a few minutes. The breakfast was poor, without dishes and clutery to take them and the water for tea was cold but it is true that they served it really early in the morning (4.30 am).

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Comfy beds, adjoining restaurant was delicious too. Great location, with a lot of charcter.

Good stay while in Aguas Calientes. Nothing super spectacular, but our private double bedroom was great. Negatives: 3/4 showers were cold or barely working. Toilet paper was hardly ever stocked. Breakfast was a croissant and jelly. Positives: Mostly quiet, staff was friendly, bar upstairs seemed popular, close to the main parts of the city where people are busy but also away from the noise and hustle and bustle.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in ! Very clean, new comfortable bed and linnen, new clean bathroom. Only few things to comment in slightly negative tone: toilets had half open doors, meaning like door in a western pub. Also wifi did not worked properly even though they have two different wifi connection. Breakfast very simple as everywhere, bread, butter, jam. If asked scrumbled eggs possible. But otherwise perfect !

The room is bit too affected by the outside noises. We stayed in 2 private rooms and it got bit difficult to sleep early due to the noises of people going up and down the stairs.

• 4th Apr 2015

No hot water, Internet was super spotty, room smelled of mold and the showers were absolutely disgusting. Cut our stay short and moved to a different place.

• 4th Apr 2015

Everything was great except that we got the lunch pack from them at 20 soles. It was stated that it includes water fruits musli bars and chocolates. When we got the pack, we couldn't believe that our sandwich was smaller than our musli bars. The lunch pack was probably worth less than 8 soles if we get it in the supermarket on our own. Could probably work on that.

I thought this was one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The bathrooms were clean.The beds were big and lots of sitting height . it wasn't too noisy and the breakfast was great... two scrambled eggs, fresh buns, coffee.. this was a great start to my walk to Machu Picchu. The staff were friendly and took the time to conversate with you. oh and let me say the beds were very comfortable... I slept like a log. Gail

Don't stay at this hostel as long as you are going to Machuppichu!! This hostel has a bar in the second floor where our room was and that bar played super loud music till two. Evenworse, quite a lot of people in the bar were local and they can enter our room because there were no lockable door inside building. I was seriously worried that some of them got enough drunk to come inside our room.

I had a great time and experience at the Supertramp hostel, I totally recommend it if you are looking for something nice and chill!

Good place to stay while visiting Machu picchu. If you're waking up early try to stay in one of the lower bedrooms as the one next to the terrace is noisy. Big beds, big rooms, air was a little stagnant and smelly, though

Overall great spot! I would stay here again. The Aussie bartender (forgot your name, sorry) was a homie and did a great job at making everyone feel included and social. Breakfast could be a little bigger but other than that, perfect!

I had a great stay at Supertramp, the place is nice and clean, I loved the terrasse. It's close to the train station, the staff is good vibe and the restaurant is delicious! Go there!

One of the better hostels in Aguas Calientes. Does the simple things well with the major draw back being security-people just walking in and out all day who weren't staying there.

1 2 3 Next » last »