Supertramp Hostel Reviews

Calle Chaskatika, Barrio Las Orquideas, Plaza de la Cultura, Machu Picchu, Peru

Good place to start your Machu Picchu adventure from - close to everything and breakfast from 4:30 am a great plus (although it started quite a bit later the day I needed it that early). Probably one of your best bets to stay in this crazy expensive town.

Good location, nice staff, amazing beds and great breakfast in the restaurant downstairs. The terrace and the bar upstairs are very cool to chill out after a trip to Machu Picchu (several games available like Jenga, Chess, Cards, etc.). The shared bathrooms were ok. A negative point would be the lack of a guest kitchen and the value for money: it's indeed pretty expensive (but the whole city is actually pretty expensive).

Nothing special to say, good location but there was no kitchen, bad point to me since everything is expensive in aguas calientes. Some of the staff used to sleep in my room during the day or night.

I had a very good time surrounded by excellent people.The terrace bar is a perfect place to relax.The staff is very helpful and caring.

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Dark, dingy hostel. The staff seem like they could not care less. Check in time is 1pm. We arrived at 10am and had to wait until 1pm exactly to check in, even though majority of people check out at 4am for Machu Picchu and the rooms had already been cleaned. No locks on any doors and the staff just let anyone in the hostel. They left the storage room open so we decided to take all our stuff with us. Breakfast is in the cafe next door and is ok.

First time ever experiencing a "Peeping Tom". This is not the staff's fault or anything to do with management; this is the fault of some male traveller who couldn't control himself. Luckily, I was mostly clothed but it still freaked me out. For the price you get a standard bed, co ed shower facilities, shared computer (1), and plenty of open space on the patio to relax or have a drink. The AM receptionist is wonderful. PM rep, not so much. Expect stinky people who've just returned from MP.

Stayed here for one night before walking up to Machu Picchu. Beds and rooms and nice and spacious, although I don't know how clean my blanket was. Not the greatest atmosphere, but think this is probably because most people only stay for one night. Breakfast starts at 4.30, and they have a nice rooftop bar. No locks on bedroom door, but plenty of lockers, plus they let me shower after checking out.

great place &staff

Great hostel, big, comfy beds and big lockers in the dorms. Free breakfast (with eggs, not just jam and toast!). Would definitely stay there again :)

I don't know what some of these reviews are talking about, maybe some of the shower heads dont work right but my shower was boiling hot and I was in there for a good 20 minutes. The wifi worked fine on the 2nd floor in our room. The restaurant was closed because the cook was on vacation but that seemed to be the only setback. They did all out laundry for 7 soles per kilo (like a dollar per pound)

they lost my reservation and I had to find another place to stay- a "trendy" but poorly run business-it shouldn't be classed as a hostel-it's a boutique hotel with no kitchen, no lockup for valuables and no hot water in the showers

1 2 3 Next » last »