Suraj Guest House Reviews

CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi, India

I love this place! Comfortable, nice people, nice view on the rooftop, kind and helpful family. Thank you

Great stay. Managers were very friendly and went out of their way to arrange stuff to do. It's a bit hard to find the first time, but once you figure it out, the location is great, and the view from the roof is wonderful. Tasty food too.

Booked on the wrong date and arrived one day earlier, the owner, Prabhu, arranged a room for me very soon and cared about my safety because i traveled alone. Love the rooftop, the view was great.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

The manager is good man and very friendly and the guest house is in a great location. It has lovely potential but I feel like they can make more effort keeping the place clean.

Our time at Suraj Guesthouse was great! We had a wonderful guide through this hostel who helped us navigate Varanasi! Not 5 star accommodations- but definitely everything you need.

G reat loction, very near to the main ghats in narrow alley, although you have to walk about 5-10 min. from the rickshaw stand. Staff is very friendly and helpful, we got a free upgrade to a room with bathroom even though we planned to stay only 1 night in Varanasi. Only problem: not always running water, but it's a general problem in Varanasi, I think.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Poland

The warmth of the owner and his family was the cherry on top

Friendly staff and good location. Great views from the rooftop. Definitely recommend getting the airport pickup, it would be a needle in a haystack job to find your way on your own. Also really appreciated Suraj helping us get our bearings on our first night. You figure out your way round the lanes and alleys surprisingly quickly but it's tricky initially. Shower was average but definitely enjoyed our stay, would stay again

When we got there they told us we had to move hostels as they had overbooked. No compensation or genuine apologies we're given for this inconvenience. The room was okay, but not very clean (bed sheets covered in stains). We got on quite well with the staff there and there are good views from the rooftop. Food at the restaurant was reasonable and well priced and the hostel is situated in a really good place.

This place is full of liars and amateurs. They gave away our friends room twice, because they wanted to make more money. This hostel can not be trusted, and I would not recommend any travelers to go here.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Norway

I just want to say thank you to Prabhu and their family. I felt like at home in his Guest House. They help me out with my arrival and They warned me about the people who tried to cheat me. Prabhu took time everyday to recommend me new places to visit and suggestion about what to do and whet not to do in Varanasi. The food was very good and we spent a lot of time everynight talking and laughing. Varanasi can be a big mess to deal with, and Suraj was like a island to rest and breath.

• 20th Oct 2014