• CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi, India

7.4
Very Good 270 Total Reviews
7.4
Very Good 270 Total Reviews
Suraj Guest House Located at CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi.
India
Varanasi Uttar Pradesh 221001 CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
74% 270
25.3098056 83.0128951
    Rooms available

• Hungary, Male, 25-30
22nd Nov 2016

Had a good stay at Suraj Guesthouse, best location, though sometimes hard to find as you can get lost very easy in the narrow alleys. However the guesthouse is very close to the main burning ghat, just a few steps from the Ganges. Great view from roof-top, but be aware of the monkeys. Staff is nice and helpful. Good value for money

• Lithuania, Couple, 31-40
8th Sep 2016
7.7

The owner was so kind letting us in very early in the morning. He saved us from the rain! The location is really close to Ganges river, close to ghats, but basically impossible to find independently. We have asked for pick up. Exotic room on the rooftop close to view to Ganges river with sunrise and naughty monkeys. The hot water has appeared on the second day. The electricity in the room has disappeared from time to time. Small ants in the room and hygiene differs from my understanding...

3rd Aug 2016
5.7

I was really disappointed with Suraj Guest House; mostly because when I arrived my room was not as advertised (no air conditioning which is a must in Varanasi). I wound up cancelling my reservation because my room was just too hot (even with the fan) and the bed was very thin and uncomfortable. The staff were friendly but I just couldn't stay in a place where the room I booked was different from the room I got. It's also incredibly frustrating trying to find the place.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
26th Jul 2016
6.9

Suraj guest house was located in a great spot close to main streets and the Ganges but was tricky to manage your way there solo - a guide is best. The shower and toilet on my top level were broken and I don't think they plan to fix them ever. I went in July and there was no vibe at the guest house, they did not say much to me unless I spoke to them and I really wasn't sure who was running the place. It would have been nice to have some activities planned after dinner to do.