Suraj Guest House Reviews

CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi, India

Surat is really helpful and knowledgeable on the local area and was also very helpful even when I was ill.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Very nice small Hostel/Guest House in central Varanasi. The Staff is very friendly and helpful, they will organize any kind of tours for you (which I highly recommend to everyone who is in Varanasi for the first time, not only because the City has a lot to offer but it is also very confusing :) ), and they were kind enough to prepare an extra room for me when I had to extend my stay for one more night due to some problems with my train ticket. The location could not be better.

Very friendly host made us feel welcome. Use the offer of pickup (or won't it). We were kindly allowed to in empty room at no extra charge after check out.

Very nice guesthouse in the middle of Varanasi. Entrance is slightly difficult to find, but people in the area will show you the way. The Guesthouse has a chilled rooftop terrace and a good view over the Ganges. An authentic Indian family managing the guesthouse. They were truely helpful and did everything to ensure a pleasant stay. Thank you

The Hostel was really good,very close to the Ghats.The room was very good and well maintained.The staff were,Suraj's father was exceptional;and this is why. My partner and I arrived at Varanasi,0230 am in the morning not knowing how to get to the hotel.Guess who is is at the arrival gate with our name on the board he was carrying.That proved to me they were very professional and looked after their guests well being. Enough said his son,Suraj's day tour was very informative.

• 11th Aug 2015

We stayed in a non-AC 2 person room with attached bathroom. Clean comfortable rooms, running water and wifi work most of the time. Nestled in a maze of small alleys, Suraj has an outstanding location, located within 5 mins walk from the burning ghat, main ghat, kashi temple and blue lassi shop. A decent rooftop view of the Ganges. This is guesthouse and not a backpacker hostel, do not expect a common room or lively atmosphere to meet other travellers.

The family were really welcoming and extremely helpful and friendly. The guesthouse was in a fantastic location, really neat to the main ghat and the Golden Temple. They were able to organise a great boat trip for as soon as we arrived and Suraj have a good walking tour around the city (which you will need or you will get lost!) the guesthouse had a great atmosphere and lovely rooftop overlooking the Ganges. I would stay here again; we had a great time!

Excellent value for money, location and service for this family guesthouse. We had a clean, quiet and well furnished double room with fan and private bathroom for 400 INR (low season). Good value laundry service. The Ganja is literally 3 minute walk. The guest house is not reachable in rickshaw, like all hotels in this very popular area for tourists. The manager, Prabhu, is very friendly. He gave good touristic advice and helped us e.g. changed a broken note for us. We definitively recommend!

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Finland

I had the most amazing time of the all travel in India. The owner Prabu is an excellent persone no many in the world like him. I reccomend Suraj guest house to all those traveller who wish to experience good vibe and excellent talking with the owner and his amazing staff. MARCO

• 8th May 2015

I love this place! Comfortable, nice people, nice view on the rooftop, kind and helpful family. Thank you

View all Varanasi Bed and Breakfasts