Suraj Guest House Reviews

CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi, India

Unfortunately upon arriving at Suraj Guesthouse with a prior booking we were told that it couldn't be honoured as they didn't have a room for us. We were instead taken to the manager's "other" guesthouse and offered a room there. It was windowless and small with no Ganges view or any of the appeal or facilities of Suraj. Needless to say, we swiftly checked out and went to stay elsewhere. Very disappointing, would not recommend. Can't really rate on cleanliness/atmos etc but location was good.

• 31st Dec 2015

Didn't feel like writing the review earlier & spoil the start of my New Year. I was super excited about spending my New Years Eve in Varanasi & when I came across this hostel on hostelworld.com.. I was so happy with its close vicinity to the banks of the river Ganga. The pictures looked impressive too & the price was just ok. Having booked it months in advance.. My horror began when I arrived in Varanasi on the 31st December early morning at 6 am.. After a crazy walk in the dark dawn hours & f

Whole place felt damp, although that is mostly likely from the open air reception area. They could not dry a towel for me for 2 days which was quite annoying, most things that you would expect you had to ask for.

Booked a twin room but got a sole bed to share as two friends. The toilet seat was not attached, we had to request a lock for the room, the sheets were filthy and window opened up to the common area where we constantly heard disputes between staff and guests. Hosts were unwelcoming and only interested in getting you to spend at friend's businesses. The first morning when we asked where we could get water and an ATM we ended up being taken to a Gorav's guru. Very uncomfortable on all levels.

• 1st Dec 2015

I did not go to Varanasi. Why are you insiting ain a comment, improve your system.

Good location, literally a two minute walk to the Ghats. The guest house is also the family home so you are made to feel right at home. A good rooftop view over the Ganges. Prabhu, the owner is friendly and has good advice on what to see and how to get around in Varanasi.

Dirty place. We got scammed by the staff. total not worth the vist.... watch out, they have very sweet talks... in favour of there wallet.

Stayed for a few days in Ocober and this place was ideally located a few minutes walk from the river. The staff are very helpful and happy to prepare nice food anytime throughout the day or evening.

• 17th Oct 2015

the house's owner prabhu(sorry, maybe I spell wrong) is very nice, we don't have enough cash left and he accept our RMB. we had small talk about India and the stupid boy along side the river who wants to get money from your wallet. The location is very closer to ganga river.

• 5th Oct 2015
  • China

Dear guest Ning Lei Namaste,Thanks lot to write to good word for us and our place.Our hostel is small family guest house and we always try to make happy ,safe and comfortable.We always trying to do more better our place.Thanks lot to stay with us and hope to see you in the future..good day and keep smile prabhu :Emoji

Really really nice home inn, the owner is super nice, helpful an talktive, they have a cute puppy called Sheru. Never forget the days being there.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • China

Dear Guest Dan Shen,Namaste,You are so kind to write best reviews to our hostel.we will keep our best quality and we always trying to all the best with our guest make them happy safe and comfortable stay in our hostel.We Change the Puppy name now its called Tommy and now he getting naughty and more playing with the guest.Thanks man see you in the future good day keep smile......

Surat is really helpful and knowledgeable on the local area and was also very helpful even when I was ill.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Dear Guest James Namaste, How is going we hope all is well doing lot of fun in the life.Thanks lot to put the good word about us and our hostel.we live here almost 4 generation in same hostel building that way we have almost all the information with history about city and ancient part of the city its amazing place to walk old town and morning sun rise and sun set from the boat or hostel roof Top.Good day hope to see you in the future Keep smile.....

Very nice small Hostel/Guest House in central Varanasi. The Staff is very friendly and helpful, they will organize any kind of tours for you (which I highly recommend to everyone who is in Varanasi for the first time, not only because the City has a lot to offer but it is also very confusing :) ), and they were kind enough to prepare an extra room for me when I had to extend my stay for one more night due to some problems with my train ticket. The location could not be better.

Very friendly host made us feel welcome. Use the offer of pickup (or won't it). We were kindly allowed to in empty room at no extra charge after check out.

Very nice guesthouse in the middle of Varanasi. Entrance is slightly difficult to find, but people in the area will show you the way. The Guesthouse has a chilled rooftop terrace and a good view over the Ganges. An authentic Indian family managing the guesthouse. They were truely helpful and did everything to ensure a pleasant stay. Thank you

View all Varanasi Bed and Breakfasts