Suraj Guest House Reviews

CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi, India

Booked on the wrong date and arrived one day earlier, the owner, Prabhu, arranged a room for me very soon and cared about my safety because i traveled alone. Love the rooftop, the view was great.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

The manager is good man and very friendly and the guest house is in a great location. It has lovely potential but I feel like they can make more effort keeping the place clean.

Our time at Suraj Guesthouse was great! We had a wonderful guide through this hostel who helped us navigate Varanasi! Not 5 star accommodations- but definitely everything you need.

G reat loction, very near to the main ghats in narrow alley, although you have to walk about 5-10 min. from the rickshaw stand. Staff is very friendly and helpful, we got a free upgrade to a room with bathroom even though we planned to stay only 1 night in Varanasi. Only problem: not always running water, but it's a general problem in Varanasi, I think.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Poland

The warmth of the owner and his family was the cherry on top

Friendly staff and good location. Great views from the rooftop. Definitely recommend getting the airport pickup, it would be a needle in a haystack job to find your way on your own. Also really appreciated Suraj helping us get our bearings on our first night. You figure out your way round the lanes and alleys surprisingly quickly but it's tricky initially. Shower was average but definitely enjoyed our stay, would stay again

When we got there they told us we had to move hostels as they had overbooked. No compensation or genuine apologies we're given for this inconvenience. The room was okay, but not very clean (bed sheets covered in stains). We got on quite well with the staff there and there are good views from the rooftop. Food at the restaurant was reasonable and well priced and the hostel is situated in a really good place.

This place is full of liars and amateurs. They gave away our friends room twice, because they wanted to make more money. This hostel can not be trusted, and I would not recommend any travelers to go here.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Norway

I just want to say thank you to Prabhu and their family. I felt like at home in his Guest House. They help me out with my arrival and They warned me about the people who tried to cheat me. Prabhu took time everyday to recommend me new places to visit and suggestion about what to do and whet not to do in Varanasi. The food was very good and we spent a lot of time everynight talking and laughing. Varanasi can be a big mess to deal with, and Suraj was like a island to rest and breath.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Spain

This was a great place to stay for a couple of nights. The owner is awesome and his son very nice too, they make you breakfast etc.. The beds are comfortable and rooms are big and clean. Loved the three puppies they kept on the roof to scare off the monkeys. Owner was talking about doing the place up a little more, especially the chill out area so might be even better than when we were there. 2 minute walk from The Ganges River and a great area for food and site seeing Highly Recommended.

I have just had my second stay at The Suraj Guest House. It mirrored the first. The staff are helpful without being intrusive, the place is clean and everything worked. And it was quiet. The roof top has a good view of the river. This is a bonus if you enjoy seeing the sunrise across the Ganges without having your early morning peace disturbed by all the riverside touts.

The stuff was nice and helpfull, but the rooms are not worth the money and it was not very clean. I mean I also got to know worse places and it was OK for one night, but for the money you pay you usually can expect a lot more.

View all Varanasi Bed and Breakfasts