• CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi, India
7.2
Very Good 260 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 260 Total Reviews
Suraj Guest House Located at CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi.
India
Varanasi Uttar Pradesh 221001 CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
72% 260
25.3098056 83.0128951
    Rooms available

• Taiwan, Female, 25-30
19th May 2016

It's in a great location, less than 5 min walk to the burning Ghat. If you want to avoid the tourists crowd, get to know more about the local people, the old values, this area is your right choice. The people never tried to push me whenever I walked into a shop nearby, instead, they invited me for a chai, we chatted nicely about everything until I ran out of time. The stuff, Gaurav is really helpful and reliable, you can ask him for everything about varanasi, his nickname is watermelon, haha!

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
1st May 2016

We had an absolutely phenomenal stay. We only booked for 1 night but ended up staying for a week. The bed was comfy, the wifi great, and the room clean. We even had the choice to have our washroom cleaned daily, for free; all we had to do was ask. Prabhu was a great host, generous, knowledgeable, and a real pleasure to just sit down and chat with. He helped us out with directions, phone calls, and pointed us to great resources in the city. Breakfast was delicious! (thank you Mrs Singh!)

• India, Female, 25-30
21st Apr 2016

I don't know why there's all the hate on this place with the negative reviews, Suraj's Guest House is super friendly, clean and just all around a great place to stay. I didn't get anyone trying to sell me anything while I was there, and Suraj was really helpful and looked after me when I got heat stroke. The place is in a great location, right near the burning ghat, and is walking distance to everything else. I'll be coming back next year to stay here again. Great view from the rooftop too!

22nd Mar 2016

Great location near the ghats. This is a very colourful guesthouse run by nice people. They organised a tuktuk to collect us from the train station and also drop us back to the station when we had to leave (a useful service as the streets near the ghats are a complete maze, and tuktuks arent allowed in this area). They also provided us with food on holi as many places were closed. We were lucky enough that the dog had puppies when we were there too! Always a bonus! Overall a great stay!

19th Mar 2016

Suraj Guest House, actually a family house, matches perfectly the atmosphere found in the traditional Varanasi, and could be different to a standard Hostel. Prabhat has got a sweet talking, yes, but in terms of laid-back person, contrary to other reviews we didn't feel pushed to pay extras or advised towards his pocket. The location is great, so close to the main Ghat. The pick up service from the airport offered is completely recommended, no tuktuk access and difficult to find.

• England, Female, 18-24
31st Dec 2015
5.1

Unfortunately upon arriving at Suraj Guesthouse with a prior booking we were told that it couldn't be honoured as they didn't have a room for us. We were instead taken to the manager's "other" guesthouse and offered a room there. It was windowless and small with no Ganges view or any of the appeal or facilities of Suraj. Needless to say, we swiftly checked out and went to stay elsewhere. Very disappointing, would not recommend. Can't really rate on cleanliness/atmos etc but location was good.

31st Dec 2015
4.3

Didn't feel like writing the review earlier & spoil the start of my New Year. I was super excited about spending my New Years Eve in Varanasi & when I came across this hostel on hostelworld.com.. I was so happy with its close vicinity to the banks of the river Ganga. The pictures looked impressive too & the price was just ok. Having booked it months in advance.. My horror began when I arrived in Varanasi on the 31st December early morning at 6 am.. After a crazy walk in the dark dawn hours & f

7th Dec 2015
6.9

Whole place felt damp, although that is mostly likely from the open air reception area. They could not dry a towel for me for 2 days which was quite annoying, most things that you would expect you had to ask for.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
1st Dec 2015
2.0

Booked a twin room but got a sole bed to share as two friends. The toilet seat was not attached, we had to request a lock for the room, the sheets were filthy and window opened up to the common area where we constantly heard disputes between staff and guests. Hosts were unwelcoming and only interested in getting you to spend at friend's businesses. The first morning when we asked where we could get water and an ATM we ended up being taken to a Gorav's guru. Very uncomfortable on all levels.