Suraj Guest House Reviews

CK1037 Lalita Ghat, Chowk Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, Varanasi, India

PLaces right where you want to be. Very close to the two most famous ghats and close to the best restaurants for independant travellers. The place is very very hard to find though since it is tucked away from the allay behind a hindy shrine so I recomment the pickup service to find it.

No water.

• 9th Oct 2013

The situation was convenient, the guest house was clean and the staff friendly, helpful without being forceful. I will stay there again..

Incredibly dirty. Rats infested, fleas. You name it.

the staff in this hotel sold me India SIM card with price Rs500, while the market price is only Rs100, but after i dialed several tel, the SIM balance is vanished, I was very disappointed, the staff kept sold services to us, very annoying

Great location for the old city, close to all must see sights. Very friendly owner with a large number of staff/family to help with anything you may need. The guided tour on the first day is a must to further navigate through the maze of back streets. A stones throw from one of the many Ghats and temples, would stay here again

good wifi in the room and staff was very nice. the inn keeper warned us of people trying to scam us and recommended a lot of good places to see. there was no pressure to take their tours.

A really kind and caring owner who will help you out when possible. A small and comfortable room with good wifi reception and in a nice location down by the river. However this place is dirty, a stale pair of pants was left in our bathroom and this place has MICE.

The staff boy 18 years old, he came with us to show us the city... wow Varanasi streets are like favelas in Brasil! it's imposible to walk alone the first day... he was very nice with us, only for the tips we wanted to give to him. We saw two mice in the bedroom, but the rest was ok, it was clean, although it smelt a little cows... it's normal... Varanasi streets are very dirty...

Room was ok but toilet/bathroom disgusting. How about cleaning before customer arrives?? 1 dude from guesthouse trying to scare me saying people on the street would ask me for money and d become aggressive if i d not donate...ahahah joking man? Just to sell a tour!!! The other dude Prabhu kind of drunk at my arrival and offering me whiskey at midnight after i had got off a 37hrs train journey...come on guys, take it easy! Dogs can be aggressive in india, not people!

This family made us feel like at home during our time in Varanasi. Prahbu is an excellent person: friendly, helpful and funny, the same as the rest of his family. We didn't like the guide that offers there his services, but the hostel is located in the center of Varanasi where making local friends. I'd defenitely come back.

View all Varanasi Bed and Breakfasts