Surf Backpackers Reviews

Narrika, 23 - 2� dcha, San Sebastian, Spain

Nice and social stuff. Only one and really gross shower. Internet was disconnecting constantly. Great location.

The address on the website is wrong! Also, there is only one shower. Other than that I have no complaints about the hostel. The staff were super fun and friendly and the place had a great atmosphere.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Awesome staff. Really helpful with everything, even organising another hostel for us to stay because Surf backpackers was full for the extra nights we wanted to stay. Really friendly. Location is perfect. Right in he middle of everything. Would definitely stay again.

This place is totally being run illegally. All cash. No signage whatsoever. Wrong address on the site. Internet was abysmal. Rooms cramped. Bathroom moldy and gross. No common area to hang out in and meet other travellers. Location and comfy beds and nice staff is all this place has going for it. Stay elsewhere.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • brookebannistersmail9229

Overall this is an excellent place to stay and I thoroughly recommend it. Right in the centre of the old town exactly where one wants to be. The staff are fantastic, very friendly, energetic and easy going. Downsides are there aren't many showers but this is a minor problem as it is a relatively small hostel. When booking make sure you check for emails from them as currently the address is different on the website and needs to be updated which has caused problems for a lot of people.

Had a great time there, great staff very friendly. Right in the centre of everything.

Great people, great atmosphere just very loud location

• 15th Jul 2015

This is hands down the best hostel experience I have ever had. First and foremost the location is perfect! It's right in the centre of the old town so easily accessible to all the famous Pinxos bars and close to both the main beaches. What made this experience was the uber cool hostel staff. They create a warm and welcoming environment and are so helpful. I was a solo traveller and made so many great friends here.. I booked 1 night and ended up staying 7!!! Would definitely come back! :)

• 15th Jul 2015

Our stay in this hostel was just great! The atmosphere was so nice and the staff was extremely friendly. They really took care of their quests. We went out with a big group almost every night and had so much fun when eating pintxos, discussing and laughing together! It was easy to make friends with other travelers in the hostel. I really recommend this place :)

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Surf Backpackers in San Seb was one of the best hostels I stayed at during my three month Euro trip. The best part about the hostel is was the staff, Caio and Leo were absolute legends, and only too happy to help with anything you threw at them! Having only 4 small, boutique rooms made the place feel like home and everyone like family. I highly recommend staying at Surfbackers, you won't regret it. Oh and the Tuesday night pub crawl is a must do!

So angry when we arrived after wasting 2 hours trying to find the place. The address is WRONG! Tried to call, went to 3 hostels trying to find it and was told by everyone it was closed by police a year ago. Finally found it at 20 Jeronimo cause someone elses review said this. Location was great though, near beach and in pintos area. Room needed a fan was way to hot. Was more of a converted apartment not a hostel no common room etc. FIX YOUR ADDRESS!

I had a great time at this hostel! It has a very homey vibe to it and it's really easy to meet people and make friends. The staff is also very friendly and fun. The beach is right outside too so it was great. The only thing is that they need a sign or something outside because it was hard to find. Just know that there isn't a sign and ring on the doorbell at the address

Staff were awesome, really good vibe and very helpful

• 8th Jul 2015
  • American Samoa

Linen didn't look or smell fresh. Breakfast was not fresh and there wasn't even a kettle to boil water for tea/coffee

The hostel was nice with wifi and a kitchen where we could cook our own food. It was a nice vibe at the hostel. The only bad thing was some miscommunication before we arrived. I emailed with the booking-guy and he didn't quite understand me and I didn't really understand he's answers to me either. They didn't really make any sense. So be sure to get proper confirmations to your answer before you assume he has understood what you've said.

Tom and Dave had the best time at the surf backpackers. Feeling like we were at home was very comforting and the staff made everything so much better! Do yourself a favour and get around this hostel. Worth the price yew!!!

Absolutely wonderful hostel. A little bit to find (Contrary to what the website tells you, it's #20 on the corner of San Jeronimo and Portu streets. Basically a converted apartment. Awesome shad, they tell you exactly what you need to see in San Sebastian (which is an amazing city) Would definitely stay again and would highly recommend!

• 6th Jul 2015

The address listed here is incorrect I got an email a few days before my stay telling me to go somewhere else to check in When I got there, there were no signs or indications of the hostel being there Then I was told that I was staying in a different location across town and would have to walk with all of my things to get there The other location was nice but there was no security or anyone from the hostel there It was a nice stay and friendly staff, but really weird/sketchy about location

Would probably have been great if I could actually find it. Arrived into San Seb at 3pm and searched for the hostel for 3 hours before giving up and finding alternative accom. Tried very diligently to locate the hostel; we found the address and rang the door bell several times, spoke to locals, asked other travellers. I then received an email at 10:45pm telling me the actual checkin location, which was different to address I was given initially. Would have been good to get that 7 hours earlier.

• 1st Jul 2015

Location was changed prior to check in. New hostel was in a great spot in Old Town - However, the building is not sound proof nor ventilated. Rooms are extremely hot. Hostel only has 1 shower and 2 toilets! No lockers and dorms can be accessed by everyone. Kitchen is basic. No toaster or kettle. Staff sometimes disappear leaving guests to let in other guests. Another potential security issue. Overpriced! Won't stay here again, feels like an illegal hostel run in someone's house.

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts