Surf Backpackers Reviews

Narrika, 23 - 2� dcha, San Sebastian, Spain

It is a bit difficult to find, but it's location right in the center of some of the main bar streets is wonderful. It's easy to get a feel for the local nightlife, then the water is just a 2 minute walk away. The aquarium and oceanography museum is really close and incredibly fascinating. Don't hesitate to book this place if you're not too picky about the little things.

Friendly staff, but very small without common space except a small kitchen! Also a smell of moist in some areas!

They moved us to another building, the room was a complete mess and the beds were not made. The guys that were working at the hotel shouted the whole night and in fact one of them slept on the sofa of the living room and we were unable to eat breakfast. Also the services are really poor and you have to pay extra for everything (i.e: locker). Finally they refused to give us an invoice. Terrible experience.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

The lady at reception knew little English and lacked manners. It felt as if we were just annoying her yet we had been constantly moved around buildings and chasing staff to collect keys etc. If it wasn't for Guston the staff member of my building I wouldn't have been happy with the hostel at all, he went to great lengths to help us and we even went for a surf. Great vibe at the hostel just one extremely poor receptionist.

The cleaner was quite rude and unaccommodating which put a bit of a dampener on our stay. The toilet was tiny (think Ryanair) and there weren't enough showers for the floor we stayed on. Some staff were helpful though, and the location was excellent. Overall it seemed a bit pricey for what you received.

expensive but great location. Kitchen closes in the night.

Check in was a nightmare. The man could barely speak English. Switched a French guy to another room so my friend and I could be in the same room without telling him. Needless to say he was quite confused when he got home at 4am. They switch us rooms for the next two nights. The reception was very difficult to find, as it is on the second floor of an apartment block. 1 shower/two toilets for 16 people. The only good thing about the hostel is the people we met!

• 30th Jul 2014

I'll just say this.. Don't bother! We arrive to an unorganized, scatterbrain staff member who tells me I'm being moved to another location (none of which is on their website) She takes me to the most disgusting vile room with awful facilities and no security. No locks.. one dirty bathroom. I went back to reception to discuss these things I walked in and another staff member snapped at me as I walked in the door "And you are?" I have stayed in many hostels. This was the worst. Filthy.

Worst hotstel in terms of value for money. Staff were rude, didn't enjoy our time there. Left early

• 24th Jul 2014

I would not recommend to stay at this hostel. Extremely filthy, staff were not helpful and uninterested. Only one bathroom between about 20 people AVOID

• 22nd Jul 2014

Need aircondition

VEry expensive, VEry smelly, unclean, must pay cash, breakfast was not included (it was said to be included)

Wifi works, place is not a hostel more like a bed and breakfast without the breakfast. But other than that had and awesome time would recommend as a cheap place to stay while backpacking.

Really great hostel. It is more like a shared apartment with just a few rooms so not many people - which is great because you meet everybody and go out together. The staff were really friendly. would reccomend.

Had a blast, nice staff good room. Couldn't ask for more!

Great times in San Sebastian and Gaston was an awsome guy the entire time! I Highly recommend Surf backpackers, it is my second time being here and their hostel in Bilbao is even better. We just couldn't go away and kept on extending our stay

I stayed there only one night not in the main building. It was about 2 block away there were no staff in that building so. The room was clean, anyway. I had to wait to check in at 6 pm cause thery were doing something. My roommates came back about 2 or 3 am and turned on the light, 2 of them started to have a conversation in the room!! Accept from that they were good. In the morning i was going to use the kitchen which is in the common area but somebody slept on the sofa so I could not use it.

This is a ok hostel. It got what you need, but its not that noce hostel feeling. It does not have a common room, so its really no place to "hang". But it got what you need, and realy nothing to complain about.

Really good apartment style layout and really nice staff.

We didn't stay in the main hostel, it was a house like facility 2 streets over. Great facilities and atmosphere the only thing that let us down was having our beds double booked and the fact that there was no wifi.

• 30th Jun 2014