Surf Backpackers Reviews

Narrika, 23 - 2� dcha, San Sebastian, Spain

It is a bit difficult to find, but it's location right in the center of some of the main bar streets is wonderful. It's easy to get a feel for the local nightlife, then the water is just a 2 minute walk away. The aquarium and oceanography museum is really close and incredibly fascinating. Don't hesitate to book this place if you're not too picky about the little things.

Friendly staff, but very small without common space except a small kitchen! Also a smell of moist in some areas!

They moved us to another building, the room was a complete mess and the beds were not made. The guys that were working at the hotel shouted the whole night and in fact one of them slept on the sofa of the living room and we were unable to eat breakfast. Also the services are really poor and you have to pay extra for everything (i.e: locker). Finally they refused to give us an invoice. Terrible experience.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

The lady at reception knew little English and lacked manners. It felt as if we were just annoying her yet we had been constantly moved around buildings and chasing staff to collect keys etc. If it wasn't for Guston the staff member of my building I wouldn't have been happy with the hostel at all, he went to great lengths to help us and we even went for a surf. Great vibe at the hostel just one extremely poor receptionist.

The cleaner was quite rude and unaccommodating which put a bit of a dampener on our stay. The toilet was tiny (think Ryanair) and there weren't enough showers for the floor we stayed on. Some staff were helpful though, and the location was excellent. Overall it seemed a bit pricey for what you received.

expensive but great location. Kitchen closes in the night.

Everthing was fine. Except one Thing: I have forgotten things in my room and they didn't send me back!

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Check in was a nightmare. The man could barely speak English. Switched a French guy to another room so my friend and I could be in the same room without telling him. Needless to say he was quite confused when he got home at 4am. They switch us rooms for the next two nights. The reception was very difficult to find, as it is on the second floor of an apartment block. 1 shower/two toilets for 16 people. The only good thing about the hostel is the people we met!

• 30th Jul 2014