Surf City Hostel

Fabulous 1309 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 31-40
11th Feb 2017
4.9

This hostel, whilst being in a top location is quite dated. Wifi barely works in the rooms. The place just feels dirty. On top of this the management is questionable at best. I paid for a "private" room yet on return one night I found 2 people sleeping in my room with my stuff thrown into a pile on the floor. I complained and was practically brushed. Unacceptable behaviour. I wouldn't stay here again

10th Feb 2017
4.0

This is by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. The hostel sits conveniently above a bar, which likes to play thumping club music until 1am. So if you're looking for a place to sleep, you might want to look elsewhere. Oh, and when I say thumping, I mean it. Not only can you clearly hear the music (not quiet), but the bass is turned up so much that you FEEL it. I was told that this only happens on Fridays and Saturdays, so on weekdays you might be safe. Still, an unacceptable surprise.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

I really enjoyed staying at the surf city hostel . There were always somebody to talk to and when there was another woman accidentally sleeping in my bed at 1 am in the morning . The quickly figured out a new solution . I would definitely come back !

24th Jan 2017

I stayed there couple of days n a week after I came back for more few days. I needed 3 days however my flight back home was during the night so I woudn't sleep there in my last day. They aloud me to pay half price wich was very nice. Good stuff: - good free breakfast; - plenty bars n good fun around; - close to the beach; - bathrooms are fine; - good shower; - fine internet. - friendly staff Not so good things: - weak wifi signal inside the bedrooms;

• India, Male, 31-40
21st Jan 2017
7.1

This was my second stay at the Surf City, I enjoyed my first stay and there were no complaints on the second either, the cleanliness was lacking this time, the toilet and bath could have been cleaner, the place needs a new coat of paint and a little "loving". every thing else was just fine.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
14th Jan 2017

great location, right at the beach, with lots of bars and restaurants around the corner.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
7th Jan 2017

Pretty doozy joint ah, right on the beach and plenty of little bars and stuff around. Venice and manhatten beach aren't too far either

• Russell_Coight
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
4th Jan 2017

Hostel was very good. Not a real lot of atmosphere there in the winter being mainly a summer beach place but that is to be expected I suppose. Facilities seemed clean, staff were helpful and free breakfast was good.

31st Dec 2016

The clientele is great. Mostly 20 somethings who were surprisingly welcoming. International. Run by a French lady who keeps an eye on things. 4 to a room. No problems there. Band plays right downstairs and can be heard outside the window. Had no problems but good to take a suitcase lock. Sound canceling headphones or earplugs. Winter? Pjs long underwear/jacket/sock/ personal throw the rooms can get chilly. Bedding and towels provided. The location is very convenient.

• England, Male, 25-30
25th Dec 2016
8.0

The hostel is in a great location- right on the beach with plenty of bars nearby. Very relaxed atmosphere in Hermosa as it is very affluent- a no-smoking law is enforced in the entire area so great to get away from smokey terraces. I met a lovely girl at a bar down the strip and tried to bring her back to the hostel room but got massively c*ck blocked by one of the staff members who essentially kicked the girl out. I'll let you judge for yourself whether this is a good or bad thing.