Surf City Hostel Reviews

26 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, USA

Beautiful location, literally ten seconds walk to the beach. Very cute and cozy neighborhood of Hermosa, felt just at home.

Thank, my stay was very good. I will recommed surf city hostel.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Chile

You cannot beat the Beach location for the price!

• 3rd Sep 2014

Right next to Hermosa beach and a load of bars! Close to some cool shops! The place is clean and tidy! Works for me! I hired a bike from the hostel for $25 or so and went to Santa Monica, that's a good trip! Rocking!

Well i really not expected this. I can not said that i'm not satisfied but also i really was surprised. I have been in a thousand other hostels around US and the feeling was more in a hotel than hostel but this was small, not very clean they put u in a room with people who live and work in the hostel. I mean i'm guest put me with the other guests not with people who are smoke and live there and their stuff. In general AVERAGE goes to POOR.

This hostel was awesome!! I was traveling by myself and thought I would get bored during my stay at Hermosa Beach. No! The Beach is a one minute walk away from the hostel the people there are super friendly and helpful. The price to stay there is absolutely fair! There are a lot of places around where you can find food and breakfast at ther hostel was also okay :) Next time I go there I definitly will stay at Surf City ;)

• 22nd Aug 2014

I loved this hostel, it was the first stop of a long trip and I was really tired when I arrived. But the atmosphere and the people were so great that I went out and ended up having a blast. It's right on the beach, location could not be better! And the breakfast was amazing, never had such a rich and good breakfast at a hostel before.

Amazing location but very noisy both inside and outside the hostel. It is almost on a gorgeous beach with bars and restaurants literally on the door step. If you want to laze on the beach in the day and party all night this is the place but if you want a decent nights sleep try somewhere else! The wifi was only in certain areas but then worked well. The kitchen and communal areas were fine but small.

Don't expect much in the way of creature comforts here, but the prime location more than makes up for it.

• 15th Aug 2014

I booked two beds there, but after we arrived there we found it's located in between bars and it's very noisy and full of people in the passage way when we arrived there at 11 pm. The guy at the counter said it's fine to just not stay but I need to pay for the deposit, I thought it's fine because I can get the most part of the money back. And we leaved and found another place to stay. After few days, I found I was charged full price and I called their manager, she said I have to pay in full!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • China

This hostel is really well located, right in the middle of the hustle on Pier Avenue. For that reason though it is hard to sleep before 3 am, especially if your bedroom faces the bars. If you are on the first floor, forget about it since there is a bar downstairs with music going on until 2 am. The atmosphere is great though, very friendly people and staff, right in front of the beach. Good place to party if you are alone. If you are traveling with more people, you can get a hotel for the same $

The hostel was located really good. Took an hour bike ride to Venice Beach

• 28th Jul 2014

We are biking the Pacific Coast Highway/ Highway 1, and this was the first stop for us from landing in LAX. just a short shuttle from LAX, and with Surf City being 'right on the beach' meant we could stick our toes in the second we arrived, as late as it was! Staff was super nice, knowledgeable, flexible, and they have a locked security closet where we could keep our larger valuables. Though, bring earplugs-- it is still a hostel over a bar and right on the pier lined with delicious food shops!

We had a great time at Surf city! We could hear and see the beach from our window- this is probably the best located hostel in terms of proximity to the beach. The guests were from all over and we really enjoyed meeting some new international friends. The accommodations are basic but clean and the staff were very friendly. We also rented bikes from the hostel for $5 each! Such a deal!

• 20th Jul 2014

right place for those who wants to spend days and nights at the open air (more or les...) and just need a place to stay and sleep. rooms are slmple but clean and sure 15 minutes from LAX, perfect stop for travellers..

• 5th Jul 2014

This hostel is amazing! The location is perfect and everybody is really friendly

• 3rd Jul 2014

Easy to meet nice people :)

The hostel is located right on the beach and next to bars and shops. This is that second time I have stayed at the hostel and I would definitely go back again. The staff are helpful and friendly.

• 24th Jun 2014

A great hostel in a good location in the context of its surroundings. It's a long journey to get to the city by public transport though.

Nice hostel unfortune the noise from the bars downstairs, couldn't sleep till 3am :(

« first « Prev 1 2 3