Surf City Hostel Reviews

26 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, USA

The girls were so respectful and wonderful!

• 19th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here, a lovely place to finish my holiday. Helpful and friendly staff.

Brilliant staff, the manager does a great job of looking after her guests!

• 14th Aug 2015

The hostel was less popular 1 y ago, less expensive, I enjoyed stay here, almost all the people I met have been great! This year was different, some people were nice but those in my dorm not at all, really confused about having fun.Having fun doesn't mean be racist, try to steal money from my purse, open my luggage in my absence, left dirty underware on it, open the curtains when I am still naked dressing myself, talk rabbish on people's back,making noise from 5 am and stay always in the room!!

Close to the beach which was nice however the hostel and area was very noisy at night.

• 11th Aug 2015

This place became home for us very quickly. I would of liked more advice as to what we should see while in la. Some people use it as a place to stay but we are travelling and want to see every thing and we couldn't even get accurate advice on how to use the bus service

• 9th Aug 2015

So I didn't put excellent on everything for this hostel because I was being fairly harsh and comparing it to what it could be, but considering that what I did describe as excellent was very well deserved. The location and value for what you pay could not be better. I wish I could upload a picture from my phone I took out of my window. It was absolutely gorgeous and don't bother with the whole band being too loud thing.

• 9th Aug 2015

The location is absolutely ideal - just a few steps away from a lively, beautiful beach and in the center of dozens and dozens of restaurants and bars. People are very friendly and there is ALWAYS something to do.

• 3rd Aug 2015

The hostel is located at the beach directly under a pub. It's a good location to make party. Lots of bars and restaurants are near the hostel. With this advantage, it could be loud until after 12:00 am. Staffs are very friendly. The hostel is ideal for people who do surfing or swimming.

• 30th Jul 2015

Awesome location, guaranteed to meet lots of nice people

The spot si amazing, very nice staff, a lot of places to eat and have a drink around. Mostly young people from all around the world are staying there which makes it a really cool place to stay! I recommend it!!

excellent staff, safe hostel, awesome views !

Everything was pretty good. Great breakfast, unbeatable location (it was an amazing area to stay after visiting the city during the day; I also loved the beach there and it's not as crowded as other beaches in LA) and very nice personnel. Some things would be good to renew (like mattresses; mine was pretty uncomfortable to sleep on), but overall the hostel was pretty decent and I had an amazing experience. I would totally recommend it!

Awesome location and great atmosphere

Right on the beach you couldn't get a better location! Still close enough to day trip into LA if you wish but there is more than enough to do here in terms of beaches, food, drinks and coastal touring to keep you busy. A very friendly and social hostel with fantastic staff. There's always a bit of a party going and it's very easy to meet people and have a good time.

Hi there, thank you for hosting me - I had a really good start for my trip and received very helpfull recommendation from Francis. Best regards Tanja

• 20th Jul 2015

I have never stayed in a hostel this overpriced. It should be a maximum a 15$/night. There is no AC, the shades in our room were falling apart. At one point, there was a cockroach in the hallway so we chased it down to kill it so it wouldn't get into our room. The man at the reception came by to see what we were doing and just said "Leave it alone". I don't mind cheap hostels, but they have to be inexpensive to be worth the adventure. This hostel had nothing going for it.

• 19th Jul 2015

Location could not be any better for a good time - right next to a strip of bars/restaurants. Front/back door was sometimes left open, so security could be a little better. Rooms were extremely hot, as no aircon, showers got a bit sandy so could have done with a quick wash every now and then, but other than that, I couldn't recommend this hostel any more! Place to be!

excellent staff, beautiful views.

LOVED this hostel! We booked for 4 nights and ended up staying for 9! Located right by the beach, we could see the beach from our bedroom window. As the hostel isn't huge everyone gets to know one another. Met some great people, everyone really friendly. Will 100% come back and stay here again next time I am in LA. Could not fault this hostel, great value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3