8.7
Fabulous 1,160 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1,160 Total Reviews
Surf City Hostel Located at 26 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles.
USA
Los Angeles CA 26 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach
87% 1160
33.8618566 -118.4010261
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2016

Great location! Old building. Staff was very kind but forgetful. They did not give us sheets or towels when we checked in. We had to return to the office multiple times to get these basic necessities. There was an in room bathroom which was excellent but the sink would not drain properly. We told the front desk days before our stay ended but the problem was not fixed. All in all, would stay again. Exellent location makes up for sub-par service.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2016

One of the best hostels i've stayed at. The manager is so nice and helpful. The staff is also very helpful and friendly. Its located in front of the beach. Nice free breakfast. The rooms are pretty clean. The common areas are very good for socializing. There's a lot going on on Pier Ave during the day and at night, so ii's definitely a good place to go out.

• Switzerland, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

Nice Hostel to stay at the Beach. For days you want to rest, go on a walk ore swim in the ocean. A good place for playing Beach Volleyball.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
9th Jul 2016

First hostel stay ever..was very impressed, excellent location close to everything. Hermosa beach is awesome !

6th Jul 2016

this place suited me beautifully I'll be back

• EmmaJane89
  • England, Female, 25-30
5th Jul 2016
8.0

Great hostel perfect for a few lazy days on the beach. The staff were fantastic and it was the friendliest hostel I've stayed in. About 45-60minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Hollywood we Ubered it. The room was cozy, 6 females in an ensuite which was so dirty I preferred showering in the communal showers down the corridor which are clean and fine. The hostel is cleaned daily but perhaps could do with a bit of tlc. As a traveler I'd go back.

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Jun 2016

A great place to stay, with bars and restaurants right next to it, and right next to the beach. I rented a bike from them easily, and joined in their bar crawl as soon as I arrived. Very friendly. Difficult to find but secure front door and rooms doors. The lockers need a small padlock, rather than a large one that I had. Definitely recommend

• Germany, Male, 31-40
25th Jun 2016

I was traveling by my own and this Hostel was an awesome place to meet nice people and spend a great time.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th Jun 2016
6.0

This is the first hostel I've ever stayed at. It was good for the cheap price. You get a bed, shower facilities, which is pretty much all you need. The shower wasn't great. It was dirty, however, that's just from previous people's use. The lock on the dorm rooms were secure. I only spent 1 night, so did not get involved socially much. Hermosa beach is 45 min from Santa Monica pier, so it's not very central for me.

• Slovakia, Male, 41+
22nd Jun 2016

I very enjoyed my stay at the Surf city hostel.The best. Jozsef from Slovakia.