Surf City Hostel Reviews

26 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, USA

I had a great time staying here. Everything was clean, people were friendly, great experience overall. I would recommend it to anyone.

• 28th Jan 2016

excellent hostel, excellent staff

Stayed one night with my mum. Super friendly and welcoming staff, also very helpful. Great location, absolutely beautiful, such a cute little beachside area away from the busy city, but not too far away from it at the same time. Hostel is right on the beach and next to shops and restaurants. Good facilities, room was clean, beds comfy, bathroom small but functional. Free breakfast simple (toast and cereal, coffee, tea) but good. Would definitely stay here again, hopefully for longer next time!

Pros: Great location right next to beach in calm but fun town of Hermosa Beach, excellent staff, clean, cheap bikes for rent Cons: The front door is always wide open and the main desk is in the back of the hostel so there is not really any "security" (although everyone is given a personal room key), far from downtown and Hollywood--have to take multiple buses and it takes at least an hour, the kitchen and living room are both very small, majority of hostel guests seem to be older

excellent location.

Hostel staff were friendly and helpfu! Clean sheets and towels were provided, free breakfast was also a plus! Right next to the beach and not too touristy. Only bad thingt would be that there was a huge cockcroach in our room on the 2nd day of our stay. Not sure if it came from the hostel or outside of the hostel. Overall, a pleasant and fuss free stay.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • robusteque
  • Singapore

Excellent location, staff is friendly, really good deal. Will certainly come back if I decide to stay in Beach Cities ever again in LA.

Great Place xD

• 18th Dec 2015

Would of liked a warning that the band was going to be playing in the bar 1 floor below our room until 1 am.

• 16th Dec 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The location of the hostel is amazing, just one block from the beach an you can see the ocean from your room. The staff was superfriendly and helped us with all our questions. The wifi connection is not that good in the rooms up in the 2nd floor. But there is a lot of common space downstairs where it works properly. Moreover they serve really good breakfast! We definitly would stay there again.

The hostel is really small so I generally like the atmosphere better than in big hostels. However, from my point of view there were too many people in one room - I never felt so claustrophobic before in a hostel (I stored most of my stuff in my car during the time we stayed there). Moreover, I think there are too less showers and bathrooms for that amount of people.

It was a very good experience. I leave not so far away from it but I booked a room for me and a friend and the staff was wonderful. The other customers are very nice and friendly. The location is more than excellent. You are surrounded by bars, restaurant and have the Hermosa Beach Pier in front of you. The beach is 50m away. It is the place to be.

• 4th Dec 2015

It was a fantastic stay, staff were great, facilities were good too. However on our last day we were invaded by a huge cockroach...

What we love the most from Surf City Hostel was breakfast. The staff is very friendly and helpful, also. Cleanliness was not very good, despite so many people working there.

Litrally loved this place! Best location for ALL your needs! The staff were all amazing! Super helpfull,very informative,fun and couldnt do more for you. Good prices. Great breakfast. Hot showers. All round best service and experience. Right on the best beach too! Near great shops,bars,restaurants. Didnt want to leave. Recommend here to all 110%!

• 20th Nov 2015

The staff was unfriendly and it didn't seem that he wanted to do his job. During Check-In I have asked him two times where I may park but he didn't tell me as I asked again he said I shall bring my luggage to the room and come back again afterwards. As I returned he wasn't in the office anymore. Another guest asked if she can help me somehow and she explained me the way to the parking.

Right on the beach front was tricky to find the little door to begin with, but the staff was amazing help such a calm atmosphere the dorms are basic, but the common room and kitchen could do with updating, you get what you pay for ...all in all a great 4 nights

Overall it was an enjoyable stay with a quirky bunch of backpackers. This hostel however is definitely not for most people, with security and administration being very relaxed. No proper social events were organized while I was here, but the small social room helped with the atmosphere.

Absolutely amazing hostel. Only stayed for four nights and made so many friends. A place to both relax and party and the most amazing location!

friendly staff, nice location!

« first « Prev 1 2 3