Surf City Hostel Reviews

26 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, USA

Great location at a great price everyone was friendly and accommodating.

• 24th May 2015

The staff are very friendly especially Odre(the French woman) and Iraqi (Mohamad) The location is great. Hermosa beach is the best. They have bolikes to rent which was awesome. It's great choice to meet people around the world.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Jordan
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I enjoyed my stay, it met my needs. The owner was very nice.

Hermosa Beach has a special, easy-going atmosphere and Surf City Hostel is just like that. The location right by the beach and next to pubs is excellent. Easy to rent a surf board and start practicing, or play beach volley with new friends... The breakfast is great with so many sorts of food. Definitely would recommend.

• 13th May 2015
  • Finland

Awesome staff and friendly people. Plus it's really close to the beach! The neighbourhood it's probably the best of LA, better than Venice beach and Manattan beach too. Can't decide if it's better that Santa Monica but it's defined a place that I would recommend to everyone.

great people, great staff, great location, great breakfast. I had so much fun at this hostel. Will definitely come back somewhen

* location is great - close to many restaurants, bars etc * bus connection to downtown LA is slow (1,5 h) * Some people I met had to pay 10$ per bike and some 15$ thats a bit annoying

No Wifi in the dormitories, only in the common rooms. Hair all over the bathroom. Soggy towel left on bathroom floor for days. Garbage never changed. Room very very humid and smell of mold, which penetrated all my clothes.

• 25th Apr 2015

Fun and clean hostel. Lots of bars to go to in the evening and great tacos next door. Plenty of bikes to rent! Recommend riding to Venice. Not a party hostel but can be loud with club below. Room pics don't really match pics on the site otherwise rooms are clean and staff is great!!

I stayed a few days in surf city hostel at the very end of a long trip. It s a very nice, relaxing (but lots of party also if you want to) place. 30 secondes to the beach (hermosa beach is very clean and huge), staff is always helpful, free breakfast very big. It's not a huge hostel, which allows to meet people easily in the common area. A perfect stay, thanks.

Literally had the best time here, everyone was so nice and the location is amazing if you want some time on the beach and chilled out vibe with some great bars at night. It's too far out if you wish to go to hollywood etc but great people there will mean you never want to leave!

• 16th Apr 2015

Was in LA on business and decided to stay at the beach for the weekend prior. A great little spot with fantastic views and right in the heart of a great night out. Can't recommend this place highly enough and I will definitely stay again next time I'm in LA.

Perhaps the best location in LA, right on the beach, atmosphere is great, staffs are very friendly and helpful, decent rooms and clean toilets, all the pubs and night life are just right at the door, good breakfast. The only problem is the noises from outside pubs in the evening, that's understandable because of the location but they should not allow the guests to make noisy parties in the common areas during late nights! Still it's a great place and with some nice people.

I stayed at Surf City hostel during an overnight layover on my way home from overseas. Upon arriving to the hostel after 30-some hour flight, the hostel staff greeted me with a smile and a friendly chat as I checked in. She was kind enough to help me arrange my transportation to LAX for the following morning so I wouldn't have to be stressed about it at 4am when I had to be at the airport! At first I was bummed to have an overnight layover but now I can't wait to go back! For longer this time!

• 14th Apr 2015

A clear 100% if not for the club underneath. Shakes the whole place up but only until midnight. Amazing free breakfast and I got all the help for my special needs at the time. No reason for me to stay anywhere else.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

We had the best time at Surf City Hostel. Super cheap bike/surf hire. Next to all the local bars. I would recommend going to The Spot a vegetarian restaurant - amazing food!!! Yes it's loud until 2 am but don't be boring go and get drunk then you won't even notice!

Good free bagel and bread breakfast. Directly at the beach. Good busconnection from the airport

Perfekt located!!!

This hostel is ideal. It's literally on the beach, the staff are helpful and interested in your happiness, and it's clean.

• 27th Mar 2015

Its kinda far from a lot of things... But overall was good. Had the chance to leave from the hostel and in 1 min i was able to see the sun fall from the beach!

« first « Prev 1 2 3