Surf City Hostel

Fabulous 1387 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1387 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Jun 2017

First thing is the location is incredible, maybe not if you want to be near LA or Hollywood but as I was just wanting good vibes and beach, incredible. Had an amazing view of the beach and pier from my room. Great vibe at the hostel and the city of Hermosa. The first day I hired a bike and cruised the 25mile ride up to Santa Monica and back. Very glad I didn't stay in Venice. Just be aware that the hostel is on top of a strip of bars. Awesome, awesome bars. Highly recommend

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
13th Jun 2017

Loved it! The location is just perfect.

• Hungary, All Female Group, 18-24
9th Jun 2017

Everything was really great, better than expected to be honest. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and would stay here again myself.

• USA, Male, 41+
7th Jun 2017

Chris and the night receptionist were excellent...and Odille was amazingly helpful and friendly. I would easily and readily stay and this hostel again. Thank you, Mark Lentine

2nd Jun 2017

I had a great time staying here! The staff made me feel super welcome, as well as the other guests. Everyone was very approachable so it was easy to meet new people. The location was awesome, right on the beach and near bars, shops, and restaurants. This was my first time stat staying at a hostel, so I was a little nervous. Even though I was traveling alone, I knew I could make friends nearby.

• viking87
  • USA, Male, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

Great staff and awesome location. If you want to be in hemorsa this your spot. It is only a 20 minute ride from LAX. Can be a little noisy on the weekends but still worth it. Would stay here again!

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
1st Jun 2017
7.7

Super friendly staff. AMAZING location. It was not dirty, but not super clean either. A great place to stay.

• USA, Male, 25-30
31st May 2017

Trulia.com safe neighborhood Good reviews Great bar street Right on pier

• England, Female, 18-24
26th May 2017
8.0

Great hostel, right by the pier. Fun party atmosphere especially when it's Fiesta Hermosa! IT can get quite noisy so if you don't like parties or loud music then it's not really for you.

• USA, Female, 25-30
26th May 2017
8.0

This place is very friendly! However, I did not realize it was on top of a very noisy bar/restaurant. My bunk bed vibrated til 2am each night from the music and people in the bar. If you can sleep through anything, this place is perfect for you! I did love that we were a few steps from the ocean and that the staff were so friendly!