Surf City Hostel Reviews

26 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, USA

The staff were very lovely and the hostel drew a nice chilled crowd. Right next to the beach. Cool strip- bars, live music etc.

I have nothing but Love for this hostel, was a last minute decision to stay at Hermosa beach, not only was it so clean, the staff were/ are so incredibly friendly. I felt welcomed straight away. Lockers in the room and the bathrooms were always clean. Breakfast was awesome and the wi fi connection was great. Literally on the beach so it was nice to run every morning. Will stay there again on my way home. THANKS GUYS! big love!

Great location!!

• 8th Nov 2014

Very very noisy. It's over a bar, in a very busy area. While Friday/Saturday nights are obviously the worst for noise, even other weeknights are incredibly loud. The hostel is also not very clean... I wouldn't say it's "dirty", but it's definitely in need of a good dusting.

Great location. Friendly staff. I definitely recommend surf city hostel. Thank you for a great stay

• 4th Nov 2014

Friendly hostel in a great location right on Hermosa Beach. Loads of great shops/restaurants/bars right out the front door. Overall a great option in the most laid back part of Los Angeles.

The hostel has an amazing location right on hermosa beach and above cafes and bars. The staff were cruisy and helpful. Will definitely stay there again!

It's not a bad place to stay, but very noisy in the night bcos of the bar downstairs.

the location is very good very close to beach. The magager is so nice.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • China

Excellent location this hostel has potential but its way to loud above all the bars at night unless you want to go out every single night Mon to Sun. Not the cleanest. I accidently locked myself out of a private room the morning I had to get to the airport only 1of 3 staff seemed to give a care about helping me. Need an emergency number for when office is closed. Almost missed my flight as had to wait until 8am for spare key from owner

parking spot quite far (but that' because of the location) mattress very thin, not comfortable

• 17th Sep 2014

Best place ever. Definitely going back.

Beautiful location, literally ten seconds walk to the beach. Very cute and cozy neighborhood of Hermosa, felt just at home.

Thank, my stay was very good. I will recommed surf city hostel.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Chile

You cannot beat the Beach location for the price!

• 3rd Sep 2014

Right next to Hermosa beach and a load of bars! Close to some cool shops! The place is clean and tidy! Works for me! I hired a bike from the hostel for $25 or so and went to Santa Monica, that's a good trip! Rocking!

Well i really not expected this. I can not said that i'm not satisfied but also i really was surprised. I have been in a thousand other hostels around US and the feeling was more in a hotel than hostel but this was small, not very clean they put u in a room with people who live and work in the hostel. I mean i'm guest put me with the other guests not with people who are smoke and live there and their stuff. In general AVERAGE goes to POOR.

This hostel was awesome!! I was traveling by myself and thought I would get bored during my stay at Hermosa Beach. No! The Beach is a one minute walk away from the hostel the people there are super friendly and helpful. The price to stay there is absolutely fair! There are a lot of places around where you can find food and breakfast at ther hostel was also okay :) Next time I go there I definitly will stay at Surf City ;)

• 22nd Aug 2014

I loved this hostel, it was the first stop of a long trip and I was really tired when I arrived. But the atmosphere and the people were so great that I went out and ended up having a blast. It's right on the beach, location could not be better! And the breakfast was amazing, never had such a rich and good breakfast at a hostel before.

Amazing location but very noisy both inside and outside the hostel. It is almost on a gorgeous beach with bars and restaurants literally on the door step. If you want to laze on the beach in the day and party all night this is the place but if you want a decent nights sleep try somewhere else! The wifi was only in certain areas but then worked well. The kitchen and communal areas were fine but small.