Surf City Hostel Reviews

26 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, USA

The staff was really helpful in all aspects of our visit, and it's location was perfect for our needs! Would recommend this place for anyone looking for a relatively inexpensive vacation.

• 13th Jan 2015

Nice people made everything lovely :) It is definitely a place I will go for next time I visit L.A.!!!

So helpful, so friendly. Had a great time. thankyou

• 8th Jan 2015

Go and stay there! I will definitely recommend the hostel to my friends! Although it's above a bar, the location is amazing - right on Hermosa Beach, which is super nice! If you want to experience LA's beach life, it's the perfect hostel. Even If you want to do the tourist attractions (Hollywood, Beverly Hills and so on) you will be more than happy to come back to the relaxing hostel after a busy and loud day in Downtown LA.

This hostel is one of the best I have been to. The owner is superfriendly and involved with the life in the hostel. The people are open, interested and enthusiastic. The location is amazing: just next to the beach. I really recommend to stay here, but be warned: you will probably extend your stay:)

• 31st Dec 2014

It was so noisy for the music stage by the side.

Perfect location. Right by the beach, nestled in between bars and restaurants. The staff were helpful and friendly. The crowd of guests tended to get rowdy (especially the Aussies). Overall good experience, despite not getting much sleep. Make sure to check out the happy hours at nearby establishments.

a very nice hostel! i had a good time there. the only thing is, if you wanna spend time in the city center or hollywood and you don't have a car, it's too fare away. but if you're looking for a hostel on the beach, that is the place to be!

My stay there was so comfortable! I didn't wanna leave I was right by the beach and restaurants I liked my visit. I would recommend this hostel for anyone who's looking to save some money! Welcome to California :-)

• 25th Dec 2014

Very chill place, loved it! And the owner, a lovely french lady made us the most delicious thanksgiving meal ever. Really nothing to complain about, thank you !

Great place so close to the beach. The french owner is nice and helpful. The shared spaces are too small but still a good place. Computer free to use, good breakfast.

The staff were very lovely and the hostel drew a nice chilled crowd. Right next to the beach. Cool strip- bars, live music etc.

I have nothing but Love for this hostel, was a last minute decision to stay at Hermosa beach, not only was it so clean, the staff were/ are so incredibly friendly. I felt welcomed straight away. Lockers in the room and the bathrooms were always clean. Breakfast was awesome and the wi fi connection was great. Literally on the beach so it was nice to run every morning. Will stay there again on my way home. THANKS GUYS! big love!

Great location!!

• 8th Nov 2014

Very very noisy. It's over a bar, in a very busy area. While Friday/Saturday nights are obviously the worst for noise, even other weeknights are incredibly loud. The hostel is also not very clean... I wouldn't say it's "dirty", but it's definitely in need of a good dusting.

Great location. Friendly staff. I definitely recommend surf city hostel. Thank you for a great stay

• 4th Nov 2014

Friendly hostel in a great location right on Hermosa Beach. Loads of great shops/restaurants/bars right out the front door. Overall a great option in the most laid back part of Los Angeles.

The hostel has an amazing location right on hermosa beach and above cafes and bars. The staff were cruisy and helpful. Will definitely stay there again!

It's not a bad place to stay, but very noisy in the night bcos of the bar downstairs.

the location is very good very close to beach. The magager is so nice.

• 30th Sep 2014