Surf City Hostel Reviews

26 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, USA

Thank you beautiful people of Surf City Hostel - for a very pleasent stay! What makes a good stay at a hostel is mainly the people you get to know and a clean surrounding - this is what we had. It can get a little loud in this area though - so just be prepared for a little party here´n there :) Danke Francis für die hundert Fragen die du steht´s bereit warst zu beantworten! :) We apreciated this a lot!!! ♥⚓♥

• 7th Feb 2015
  • GacelaG

Es war mir eine Freude, Tabitha! :) Ich wünsche euch beiden nur das Beste!

Location....location!!! Right in the middle of all the action in Hermosa Beach. Can't go wrong for the location or price. Nice staff too, very accomodating and welcoming!!!

Great location, right by the beach. Lots of bars and restaurants close by but it wasn't too loud at night.

I WOULD VISIT HERMOSA BEACH JUST TO STAY AT THIS HOSTEL AGAIN!!!

• 27th Jan 2015

This was by far the best experience at a hostel I've had. Truly outstanding. It is the staff that really made the trip. Nick, in particular, was absolutely dedicated to keeping everything together while also promoting a good time with all. Through his efforts, this was much more communal and social than I've seen lately. Of course the beautiful landscape and weather helped. 10/10. Fantastic.

• 25th Jan 2015

Nice staff. Only stayed for a night though so not much more to add

The staff was really helpful in all aspects of our visit, and it's location was perfect for our needs! Would recommend this place for anyone looking for a relatively inexpensive vacation.

• 13th Jan 2015

Nice people made everything lovely :) It is definitely a place I will go for next time I visit L.A.!!!

So helpful, so friendly. Had a great time. thankyou

• 8th Jan 2015

Go and stay there! I will definitely recommend the hostel to my friends! Although it's above a bar, the location is amazing - right on Hermosa Beach, which is super nice! If you want to experience LA's beach life, it's the perfect hostel. Even If you want to do the tourist attractions (Hollywood, Beverly Hills and so on) you will be more than happy to come back to the relaxing hostel after a busy and loud day in Downtown LA.

This hostel is one of the best I have been to. The owner is superfriendly and involved with the life in the hostel. The people are open, interested and enthusiastic. The location is amazing: just next to the beach. I really recommend to stay here, but be warned: you will probably extend your stay:)

• 31st Dec 2014

It was so noisy for the music stage by the side.

We stayed at this hostel before our departure to Australia. While we were there we stayed in a 6rm dorm but we booked for a 4rm. Not sure what the difference in cost was because we forgot to go ask/tell the staff. The room was decent. It was the first hostel I had ever stayed in so I didn't know what to expect. Basically it was outdated but relatively clean. The staff was very helpful with things to do in the area and it was close to shops/restaurants.

• 26th Dec 2014

Perfect location. Right by the beach, nestled in between bars and restaurants. The staff were helpful and friendly. The crowd of guests tended to get rowdy (especially the Aussies). Overall good experience, despite not getting much sleep. Make sure to check out the happy hours at nearby establishments.

a very nice hostel! i had a good time there. the only thing is, if you wanna spend time in the city center or hollywood and you don't have a car, it's too fare away. but if you're looking for a hostel on the beach, that is the place to be!

My stay there was so comfortable! I didn't wanna leave I was right by the beach and restaurants I liked my visit. I would recommend this hostel for anyone who's looking to save some money! Welcome to California :-)

• 25th Dec 2014

Very chill place, loved it! And the owner, a lovely french lady made us the most delicious thanksgiving meal ever. Really nothing to complain about, thank you !

Great place so close to the beach. The french owner is nice and helpful. The shared spaces are too small but still a good place. Computer free to use, good breakfast.

The staff were very lovely and the hostel drew a nice chilled crowd. Right next to the beach. Cool strip- bars, live music etc.

I have nothing but Love for this hostel, was a last minute decision to stay at Hermosa beach, not only was it so clean, the staff were/ are so incredibly friendly. I felt welcomed straight away. Lockers in the room and the bathrooms were always clean. Breakfast was awesome and the wi fi connection was great. Literally on the beach so it was nice to run every morning. Will stay there again on my way home. THANKS GUYS! big love!