Surf City Hostel Reviews

26 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles, USA

We enjoyed our stay at the hostel - the staff was friendly and the location excellent. One important thing to consider is where your room is located within the building. There is a bar beneath the hostel and while we were there, live music was being played. Additionally, there is quite a bit of noise coming from the walkway as it's a popular location. All in all, we enjoyed the stay. Just be mindful of your room location and I would suggest, bring ear plugs.

• 16th Oct 2015

My second stay at this hostel. Great experience both trips. Awesome place to stay when you have a flight the next day. Close enough to the airport that you don't need to leave 3 hours early. Location is unreal. I have stayed previously between conferences and this has to be one of the best locations I have seen for a hostel. Been to many in South America and Europe and the value for this hostel is up there with the best of them. Only thing that would make it better is A/C.

We had an amazing time at surf city - thank you very much!!! X

• 8th Oct 2015

The perfect place to be in L.A. And one of the best Hostel have stayed. People are really friendly, the view on the beach is amazing. The district, Hermosa beach is safe and there is many pub and cafés around to get a good evening /night moment. I've really enjoyed my stay in this place. And I will come back for sure.

Not bad but the location is the best reason to go there. The atmosphere, the breakfast, the cleaning are ont excellent

Only used the hostel as a base, but can't complain about anything

• 21st Sep 2015

I booked and paid for two nights but only stayed for one. I lived in Africa for 8 years but never felt as unsafe as at surf city. No security despite dodgy area. Rude and aggressive French manager.

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Wonderful experience and wonderful people! Clean, safe and a great location.

• 10th Sep 2015

Odile is lovely, friendly and very helpful.

• 7th Sep 2015

Unbeatable location. Staff from lots of different nationalities. Do not go there if you intend to have good sleep, this is a party place. There's several bars and clubs around and the liquor store 30 secs away closes at 2:00 AM. Overall this is a pleasant place to be.

It took them two days to fix the bathroom light and some of our belongings went missing, overall a pretty good hostel though! Basic but in a great location.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Wonderful place to start off my US adventure! Hostel is perfectly fine and staff friendly and always ready to assist. It's located right on the beach! I was lucky enough to arrive just before Labor Day and the festivities over the weekend were absolutely fantastic!! It can be rather loud at night because of its location and busy atmosphere but if your looking to have a good time I'd highly recommend this place. But if your looking for a quiet place to relax then maybe surf city isn't for you.

The lockers on site were only big enough for a pairs of shoes. A/C in the sleeping quarters would be greatly appreciated as it was HOT at night. Ambient noise from the restaurants & bars below was loud also. Couldn't be closer to the beach if you tried, scenery was beautiful and picturesque.

• 30th Aug 2015

Had an amazing time here. The atmosphere was great and staff helped accommodate me when there was no room available. I would come back in a heartbeat. Thank you for the best 4 nights of my trip!!

I loved it. Nice staff. Very well located in an amazing place.

• 28th Aug 2015

Fell in love with this place. Thank you room 108;)

• 25th Aug 2015

Can't get any closer to the beach! Amazing

I had a great stay here, the staff were always very friendly and helpful. The hostel is in an amazing location just seconds from the beach. I would defiantly come back again.

The girls were so respectful and wonderful!

• 19th Aug 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here, a lovely place to finish my holiday. Helpful and friendly staff.