Surf Hostel Meri (former Hostal Lily) Reviews

La Ribera 720, Huanchaco, Trujillo, Peru

this is such a lovely laid back hostel right on the beach. everyone is super helpful and friendly.

• 17th Apr 2014

I love this place. Love it! The rooms are nothing special but give you everything you need. The breakfasts on offer are brilliant but not included. Wifi is reliable. Location is excellent. Surf school is better than most with great instructors. But really - it's the atmosphere. You can't help but feel at home, comfortable and relaxed, and everyone is so, so friendly. I didn't want to leave. I love this place!

I liked this hostel, mainly because it had a nice quiet, chilled-out vibe and because of the way it was arranged: kind of random with loads of old sofas and knick-knacks all over the place, dogs running round and lots of mysterious rooms downstairs. The security was poor - all of the bags were just left in a pile near the counter and there was no staff around when i returned to collect mine so i could have taken anyone´s! The staff also weren´t very attentive and i had to pester them a lot

• 20th Mar 2014

Nice place by the beach. The staff was friendly but new and didnt know too much about the area. Also they were all over the hostel and kind of hard to find when you wanted something. The kitchen was outside and not the best. Otherwise: all good.

Rad place, expecially if you love to surf! Dorms can get a but musky but this is not a big deal. Staff is very friendly, location is great, food is delicious. I would recommend this to anyone!

I am sorry , I only could spend one night here... the place has a really good vibe

I had a great stay here. Everyone was very friendly, the location was great, there is an AMAZING breakfast (for purchase), and cheap surfing lessons. Would definitely recommend! The only thing that could be improved is adding lockers in the bedrooms.

A very very very relaxing hostel to stay in!!

They don't know where there is a laundry, they don't know where it's nice to have a breakfast, they don't know how much coasts the surf course... "No lo se..." We heard it every time and worst they don't try to find an answer for you. During the night, the guardian came in our room thinking it was free. Next evening we 'd been waiting 20min outdoors because no one heard the bell. Showers re hot but close to the wall.. People re nice but no more. Very old hostel... but the location is amazing!!!

its a nice and cheep place at front to the beach, i was thinking about just stay for 3 night but the atmosphere catch me, you may have much easiness if you need something and the breakfast is very well. friendly people did my stay very great

I had a really wonderful stay at this hostel! It had a wonderfully laid back vibe, and was a fun place to spend time while still being nice and quiet at night. The rooms were clean and had nice homey touches to them. The staff were very helpful and hospitable. It was so nice to have a small outdoor kitchen to use as well as the hostal serving meals. Breakfasts were especially great. They have nine different choices, the most expensive being under ten soles. I loved my stay here! Highly recommend

A perfect hostel by the sea ...

This is truly a surfers hostel. Room was dark and dingy and the entire facility needed renovation. There was a good lounge area for socializing, and the breakfast was decent (although not included). I was very thankful that the showers were hot though. Overall, you get what you pay for.