Surf Hostel Meri (former Hostal Lily) Reviews

La Ribera 720, Huanchaco, Trujillo, Peru

I love this place. Love it! The rooms are nothing special but give you everything you need. The breakfasts on offer are brilliant but not included. Wifi is reliable. Location is excellent. Surf school is better than most with great instructors. But really - it's the atmosphere. You can't help but feel at home, comfortable and relaxed, and everyone is so, so friendly. I didn't want to leave. I love this place!

I liked this hostel, mainly because it had a nice quiet, chilled-out vibe and because of the way it was arranged: kind of random with loads of old sofas and knick-knacks all over the place, dogs running round and lots of mysterious rooms downstairs. The security was poor - all of the bags were just left in a pile near the counter and there was no staff around when i returned to collect mine so i could have taken anyone´s! The staff also weren´t very attentive and i had to pester them a lot

• 20th Mar 2014

Nice place by the beach. The staff was friendly but new and didnt know too much about the area. Also they were all over the hostel and kind of hard to find when you wanted something. The kitchen was outside and not the best. Otherwise: all good.

Rad place, expecially if you love to surf! Dorms can get a but musky but this is not a big deal. Staff is very friendly, location is great, food is delicious. I would recommend this to anyone!

I am sorry , I only could spend one night here... the place has a really good vibe

I had a great stay here. Everyone was very friendly, the location was great, there is an AMAZING breakfast (for purchase), and cheap surfing lessons. Would definitely recommend! The only thing that could be improved is adding lockers in the bedrooms.

A very very very relaxing hostel to stay in!!

They don't know where there is a laundry, they don't know where it's nice to have a breakfast, they don't know how much coasts the surf course... "No lo se..." We heard it every time and worst they don't try to find an answer for you. During the night, the guardian came in our room thinking it was free. Next evening we 'd been waiting 20min outdoors because no one heard the bell. Showers re hot but close to the wall.. People re nice but no more. Very old hostel... but the location is amazing!!!

its a nice and cheep place at front to the beach, i was thinking about just stay for 3 night but the atmosphere catch me, you may have much easiness if you need something and the breakfast is very well. friendly people did my stay very great

I had a really wonderful stay at this hostel! It had a wonderfully laid back vibe, and was a fun place to spend time while still being nice and quiet at night. The rooms were clean and had nice homey touches to them. The staff were very helpful and hospitable. It was so nice to have a small outdoor kitchen to use as well as the hostal serving meals. Breakfasts were especially great. They have nine different choices, the most expensive being under ten soles. I loved my stay here! Highly recommend

A perfect hostel by the sea ...

This is truly a surfers hostel. Room was dark and dingy and the entire facility needed renovation. There was a good lounge area for socializing, and the breakfast was decent (although not included). I was very thankful that the showers were hot though. Overall, you get what you pay for.

Great relaxed hostel where you can hire wetsuits and surfboards. Friendly staff and clean rooms.

I very cheap and good value for money hostel. Loads of hangout space and helpful staff. Well situated just off the beach and great breakfast - though you have to pay for it. They also have a small outdoor kitchen for cooking simple meals and hot showers. recommended

Great place. Relaxed chilled people. Bfast not inc but the best in town easily. Great for surfers easy walk up the point surf your way down for about a hr and get out at the hostel door! It looks at the break and centrally located. We had a priv room and bath out the back which was fine for us, Sara speaks fluent English and happy to help. You must check out Huanchaco it is one of the best places we visited up the coast of Peru!

I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel as the personell is nice, food was good and the value for money great. The only thing which could be improved is showers which have really warm instead of almost warm water. Apart from that: thumbs up!

Nice place to stay, good atmosphere really good food. Got a board made while we were there.

I really likec this hostel!!! The staff was so friendly and very helpful with booking a bus for our further trip because all of the bus seats were nearly outbooked! Thanks a lot! And the breakfast you get there ist so delicious (it's not included but not expensive to buy it extra). I loved the homemade granola and the homemade bread -actually the best bread I've eaten on my whole trip trough peru! The shower was only lukewarm, but ok. you only have 100 m to the sea! It's georgous!

This place is what I would call a person home away from home. It invites you to allow yourself to feel comfortable and just simply relax as your ears absorb the melodious sound of the ocean and your mind reflects on its immensity. Great ideas are coming in with these waves baby! At least that is the way your mind feels.

Nice place with a big chilling area, but it's all open so we had to sit with our jackets on.. Great for surfing as well

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5