Surf 'N' Snow Backpackers Reviews

Level 1, 102 Albert Street, Auckland, New Zealand

This was by far the saddest place I have every stayed. No window, or ventilation in the room and corridors. The sheets and blankets were so old that they were almost seethrough and gave me a rash. Cleanliness is a word that does not come up in this hostels' dictornary. Weird atmosferel - lots of bums, drunk teenagers and socially awkward people. They also sell the couch in the common area... which make it even stranger, coming into reception in the morning and finding 8 people out camping.

No windows in my room, so it was very hot at nights for 58 dollars I expected something a little nicer. And the room wasn't as clean as I expected either

Could feel the metal frame ofmthe bed through the mattress.

• 28th Feb 2015

A room with no view.... Literally. No window on our room. Good location but lack of common areas.

Worst hostel I have ever stayed at. Rooms didn't automatically lock. My blanket was covered in chocolate. Room was hot. Smoke detector was hanging off the ceiling.

• 21st Feb 2015

My single room had no windows and was roasting hot. There were also lots of pipes running through the room so noise travelled from around the hostel. The toilets were unclean with no proper sanitary bins and there were gaps I. The doors so people could see you in the shower. One of the worst hostels I have stayed in.

Terrible, rude staff, bad rooms, overpriced, toilets and showers are made from gaffa tape. Holes in the walls, take advatwge of you...

• 18th Feb 2015

I normally don't even take the time to write a review but this hostel was so dissapointing that I feel that I have to. Every hostel in the city was booked except for the more expensive rooms in Surf 'n Snow. I don't mind paying extra for one night, but I do expect to get a clean room for that. The room was everyting but clean. The beds where horrible and the one van didn't work properly.

• 17th Feb 2015

The room felt like a prison cell. Curtains didn't work/were half torn off so it was bright during the whole night from the city lights and there are a lot of those in the city center in Auckland. The room was very hot with only two small windows to open. Also, it was very noisy during the whole night but I assume that's the price you pay for being in central Auckland right next to the Sky Tower. There was dirty underwear hanging from a hook in the room that didn't seem to belong to anyone...

• 17th Feb 2015

DO NOT STAY HERE! It was so disgusting we sought different accommodation for the night even though we had payed for it! Really disappointed as it did not match what was advertised. If I knew what I was buying I wouldn't have wasted the money.

• 13th Feb 2015

The basement room i stayed in has a funny smell and the linen was dirty. I notified the reception about the change in bed and they said someone would change the sheets. When I went back to the room in the evening, the bed was made up, but the sheets were never changed.. I wonder how often they change the linen in the rooms.It is a cheap place to crash and the location is very convenient, but certainly not the cleanest place in town

• 24th Jan 2015

So far this was the least desirable place I have stayed. The kitchen had no utensiles. My room in the basement smelled really bad. There was no place I could sit and relax with my friend. Back to the kitchen with the stove door missing, the toilet was missing a seat, and there was no hot water. I would spend the extra 5 $ to stay at the BASE

• 20th Jan 2015

The bedding sheet and cover got blood stained

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Actually one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at, and I stayed in a lot of different ones having been a traveller for the last 4 years. Staff was super nice and friendly and so helpful! Such a clean hostel as well I was so surprised! And the price is remarkable. All from me!! Thanks a lot guys for a super nice stay!

No free WiFi

• 31st Dec 2014

The location is very good as it is close the the queen street and skycity. The mattress are quite old. The bathrooms and toilets were cleaned frequently, but the kitchen is always like a mess due to other guests. The bathroom at the 1st floor was much better the that at 2nd floor.

Bathrooms looked brand new and showers were excellent except when more than one shower was in use. Then the water pressure cut off drastically. We were in a spacious twin room with a great window view of the tourist catapult. Only problem with the room was the mattresses were very rough to sleep on, and a mattress protector or at least a second bottom sheet would go a long way towards hygiene along with two pillowcases on each pillow. Unless the pillows are washed after each individual.

Disgusting. This was a foul place and the staff were incredibly unhelpful.

• 24th Nov 2014

Hostel has some stinky smells in the place. The room is so messy and dirty. Pillow and duvet are horrible. Avoid this hostel.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

I got a basement room with no windows. It was 4 square meters for four people. Very stinky and run down. I agree it was cheap but still they should warn while booking that this is the room as I didn't know the standard can be that low and what the prices normally are, especially when I didn't go for the cheapest option selecting 4 people room (I saw there were 8 people basement rooms too). Overall it looks like it is the cheapest hostel in the city, therefore full of kebab immigrants. No fun

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7