Surf n Sun Beachside Backpackers Reviews

3323 Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Wifi is a waste of time, couldn't connect when sat next to the router, no lockers, pool area is nice. Kitchen is decent but needs more pans, surfboard hire at 20 bucks for 2 hours a total joke considering other hostels do a whole day for 15! No BYO alcohol either!

• 10th Jan 2015

Not being allowed liqor in any common areas is tough for people to get to know each other before going to the bar. No one wants to buy drinks for long from the hostel bar before spending money at the real bar.

• 9th Jan 2015

Friendly staff, fun pubcrawl, super close to the beach :) oh and easy to meet people!

Staff was pretty lazy. They laid around the pool all day. Great pool though.

We found the female staff to be extremely rude and unaccommodating. The manager and male staff were the complete opposite and very friendly, however after the reception we received on the two days we were there we could not wait to leave.

It's a nice place to stay. It's close to the beach and only 10-15 minutes from the centre. Every night the most people go out together, that is pretty cool and all the visitors are familiar with each other.

My stay @ Surf n Sun Beachside Backpackers was absolutely Amazing!!! I met some great people at the hostel and the staff go us in some very fancy clubs for free and made sure we even got discounted drinks!!! Awesome People.. I would Totally recommend people to get the private rooms there!!! Cheers =)

• 26th Dec 2014
  • India

Big living space in the apartments. Need some refreshing in common areas to get higher rating. The staff was friendly but sometimes a little bit unprofessional.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

I really enjoyed staying at surf n sun. I found the staff to be great and very helpful. The facilities, though small, were all in one general area so you could really get to know people around the hostel. Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend the hostel to anyone traveling the coast. Specially with it being so close to downtown and the beach!

• 4th Dec 2014

The hostel was nice. Staff very friendly. There just wasn't much to do at night if you weren't into partying.

Great staff, helpful. Nice atmosphere if you like a few drinks and want to go out in town. Nice facility's, pool, tv room and outside area are great social areas. Rooms are good. Good location. Coming back to gold coast and will be staying here again.

The hostel is really close to the beach and walking distance to the clubs, it has a swimming pool and rooms where not too bad.But wifi was not working, no lockers (a safe on reception) and the staff is the ruddest if never seen, they only care about going party. Specially the blonde girl, she was horrible, it seems she is in holidays and costumers are bothering her. For example when I told her I couldnt get online she just repply me: Yes, I know! Without even looking at me... INCREDIBLE

Although I only stayed at Surf n Side for one night, I really enjoyed my stay. I met new people during my stay and the staff was very friendly -especially the fact that some of them took us out to hit the clubs around Gold Coast. I wished I had stayed longer there and if I had the opportunity to return to the Gold Coast, I'd definitely stay at Surf n Side again!

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

Nice backpackers! Stayed there more then 5 days!

Good vibe. The pool is a nice touch the only negative would be the one shower and toilet shared between 6 people

Great hostel to meet people with a good bar and cheap drinks. Facilities are nice and basic.

Pro: - Very clean - Own Bar (free Pool) - Massive Chillout Outdoorarea Contra: - No BYO - Kitchen closes at 11pm - Wifi does not work proberly and is only available in public area

• 12th Nov 2014
  • JanIslinger

I think the location is nice. The potential is pretty high but it does not achieve the expectations... The staff are really a group of friends that just like to party together and are not really interested in the guests. They could create some events during the day (volley ball, sight seeing, etc) that running movies in the hostel. I was pretty bored during my stay in this hostel even though the staff was nice. PS: Computers harldy work... Need to fix that.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Had a great location, great wifi, about 300m from the clubs and 50 m from the beach. Parking was just across the road and there was quite a lot of parking available. Staff were nice. The pool is very nice and the hostel makes it seem like you are at a high-value resort. Highly recommended

• 7th Nov 2014

I stayed in a private room located in the vicinity of the hostel. Horrible old room dirty and filthy, the worst I've ever seen. Bad wouldn't recommend it at all. hostel near to the beach at 15 minutes to walk at center

Hi I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. However I did speak to you and after seeing that you were not a backpacker and hearing some of your concerns I did offer you a full refund so you could find a hotel.However you decline my offer and wanted to stay 2 days anyway. Thanks

View all Surfers Paradise Hostels