Surf n Sun Beachside Backpackers Reviews

3323 Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Good vibe. The pool is a nice touch the only negative would be the one shower and toilet shared between 6 people

Great hostel to meet people with a good bar and cheap drinks. Facilities are nice and basic.

I think the location is nice. The potential is pretty high but it does not achieve the expectations... The staff are really a group of friends that just like to party together and are not really interested in the guests. They could create some events during the day (volley ball, sight seeing, etc) that running movies in the hostel. I was pretty bored during my stay in this hostel even though the staff was nice. PS: Computers harldy work... Need to fix that.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Had a great location, great wifi, about 300m from the clubs and 50 m from the beach. Parking was just across the road and there was quite a lot of parking available. Staff were nice. The pool is very nice and the hostel makes it seem like you are at a high-value resort. Highly recommended

• 7th Nov 2014

I stayed in a private room located in the vicinity of the hostel. Horrible old room dirty and filthy, the worst I've ever seen. Bad wouldn't recommend it at all. hostel near to the beach at 15 minutes to walk at center

Hi I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. However I did speak to you and after seeing that you were not a backpacker and hearing some of your concerns I did offer you a full refund so you could find a hotel.However you decline my offer and wanted to stay 2 days anyway. Thanks

Very close walking to the beach, friendly staffs and facilities. My last day there I went a party with staffs and guests, free entry and free drink, so good.

I really enjoyed my stay in Surfers Paradise, it defo exceeded expectations and would recommend everyone travelling the East Coast to stay for a few days. Also I'd recommend this hostel, it was 1 min walk from the beach and not too far from the main streets . There was always something happening every-night at the hostel and the staff would go out with us all which was good. The staff where all pretty young but very good and helpful at there jobs :)

Great facilities!!!

5 mins walk to all the nightlife surfers has to offer and a stones throw away from the beach.only complaint is all common areas close at 10 so bedtime or out are the only options lol

Wifi was not available most of the time we were there, when it did work it was awful. Also the place was definitely not clean. However atmosphere was good and we were in a good location.

Hi. As we explained to you on arrival our FREE wifi was having issues due to the internet company Telstra carrying out maintenance in the area and that it was beyond our control. I am not sure what more we could of done for you as it was just a temporary issue.

The hostel is a bit outdated but it did the job! Really enjoyed the party reps coming round and getting everyone involved

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great location and great hostel would definitely come back!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Scotland

love this place!

• 18th Aug 2014

the hostel is in an excellent location, right next to the beach! the staff where also friendly and happy to help

• 16th Aug 2014

Staff was excellent!

We had a pleasant stay for two nights and enjoyed the apartment style set up particularly sharing a bathroom with only one other couple (if you book double room) hostel has everything you need, wasn't much atmosphere but can't control that. Bar closing at 10 probably contributes to that a little bit, aside from that location very good and staff friendly and helpful. Thanks

Biggest pro: the entertainment program every night. Everybody is invited to join and the drinking games are fun. Very close to the beach, 10 min walk to city centre Cons: staff is only interested in you, when they have to be (like for the games, but still polite most of the time), bathrooms appear to be not very clean although cleaned dayly, not very much happening except for parting (but that's in whole surfers)

If you're looking for a chill place with great people, great staff, great parties and loads of fun and drinking every night you're definitely in the right place here. The staff makes you feel very welcome and takes care of you when you have any problems. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Prolonged my stay a couple times because I had such a good time.

Probably the worst hostel I have ever been. The structure is old, if you ask something to the girl at the desk about surfers paradise probably she doesn't know what answer, bed unconfy, ugly bathrooms, loud music, not so clean

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. But you did not once say anthing to us during your 2 night stay. We could of helped you in some way or given you a full refund . We do clearly advertise that we are a fun party hostel that goes out every night but you did not socialise with any one.

View all Surfers Paradise Hostels