Surf n Sun Beachside Backpackers Reviews

3323 Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Wow, it was awesom! Liked it very well! No worries

• 5th Dec 2015

Surf n Sun was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It has a great location next to the beach and within walking distance of all the clubs, it's kept clean and has a sweet pool, TV room, and super cheap bar area. What really makes this hostel though is the atmosphere. The staff are beyond friendly and helpful, they actually hang out with you. During the day you can always find people to chill with and every night is a fun time, even if you don't go on the organized bar trips.

Absolutely loved this hostel! The staff were great, the rooms were average. No security boxes in the room but the staff made us forget all about that. Met so many people here since the atmosphere was so welcoming. Wifi sucked but the lounge area was cool to hang out in and watch movies.

Good hostel. Tom? Who showed me round was awesome. Other members of staff came in my room and had a really loud conversation when I was trying to sleep after a long flight. No refund for second night I didn't stay there.

Room was hot as hell but that is to be expected.

The most welcoming and organised staff we have experienced in Aus! The hostel is chilled in the day and a party at night. The rooms were not the cleanest but fine. Everyone we met was nice!

Leider etwas weit weg vom Geschehen und dazu leider nicht sauber. Würde daher das nächste mal woanders buchen.

friendly & helpful staffs added value for the hostel, especially the handsome guy from Germany & beautiful girl from Finland working so hard to keep the hostel clean everyday! Love this place and all the peoples here

Best hostel I've stayed in in Australia so far. Staff were amazing. Pool was great. There was something going on every night and everyone was encouraged to go along. The pub crawl is especially good. The kitchen was always pretty clean and there's plenty of space. The best thing about the hostel for me was the extensive movie list they had. Perfect for chilling out on the sofas. My only criticism is that there weren't any lockers in the rooms and there could have been more plug sockets.

loved the movie collection and the staff were very helpful and friendly

• 14th Nov 2015

After getting picked up at the bus station I was happily welcomed by the staff and got a nice tour through the hostel. It is clean and just feels cozy and there is a nice vibe. It is right next to the beach and close to the city center. The hostel also organizes going out at night wich has been great. I would recommend the hostel to anyone.

• 12th Nov 2015

Really lovely chilled out hostel Staff super friendly Great communal TV room/ cleanest kitchen ever, can watch the movies in room too if you want to leave Free body board hire Great social evenings organised! Favourite hostel I'm Australia

surf n sun was my favourite hostel of all in austrailia. Our greyhound was late but we called them and they collected us no problem. Our form was clean and comfortable with en suites in every room. The pool was great and the bar on site was great also. The tv room is huge and the selection of films is massive! Kitchen clean and has everything you need. The beach is on your doorstep and there is a convience store literally 2 steps away. The staff was awesome, especially stacey, tom and riles!

I had 3 amazing nights there again as it was my second time staying in the hostel. It would be even better if my allergic crisis hasn't had shown up. The main reason should be dust in the rooms what I know how difficult is to clean. Despite of that, everything went well.

Surf N Sun is by far the best hostel I've stayed in in Surfers, and potentially in all of East coast Australia. There was a free shuttle that came To get us from the bus depot. Neil's came to pick us up pretty quick and loaded all of our bags for us. When we got to the hostel we were greeted by Tom who was super friendly. They both carried our bags to our room for us. The owner Gary has been nothing but friendly and accommodating. Close to the beach and a huge selection of movies.

• 30th Oct 2015

I ended up canceling my stay (2days in advance) because i liked byron bay too much. I called and explain the situation really politely and the lady that answer was really rude and literally hung up on me...pretty happy i did not stay there.

Hi, sorry but this is a complete lie. Unfortunately you did not phone and cancel your booking two days in advance, you phoned drunk the night before your arrival. You were told nicely that you would be charged as it was such short notice and it was you that was quite rude. However, may I point out that we did NOT charge you as we were entitled to and I am disappointed that you made false claims

Had an awesome time will definetly be coming back !

• 16th Oct 2015

Nice little Hostel, close to beach supermarket, shops, etc. Staff and service: super pleasant, always a helping hand. Rooms are clean and atmosphere was always good, especially in the night time! I would always recommend this hostel!

• 15th Oct 2015

Wifi was supposed to be free but it never worked. The rooms were kind of dirty, particularly the washrooms.

Hi, I am sorry that you didn't get the chance to use our FREE wifi. For the one day you stayed with us you never came in to ask for help with the wifi.We clearly explained to you upon arrival that if you can not connect to the wifi to pop into reception and we would help you The rooms have been recently renovated and are cleaned daily so a bit confused on the dirty part ,maybe messy from other guest?

I had such a good time at surf n sun, it's a lovely place. the rooms and facilities are super clean, it's not even one minute to the beach, pub crawls and nights out everyday and the staff is amazing - you guys are doing a brilliant job! free shuttle to the bus station, thanks to jake for the lift btw ;-) will definitely come back one day!

• 21st Sep 2015