Surfbackpackers Bilbao Reviews

Calle Luzarra 18. bajo, Bilbao, Spain

Had a great time at surfbackpackers hostel the atmosphere was really great everyone was really friendly made some great friends the hostel its self was real nice all the facilities were kept really clean and the staff were friendly and willing to help with anything that was needed

• 25th Sep 2015

Awesome hostel! Showed up late and owner accommodated me. The location is a 10 minute walk from the Guggenheim and maybe 20 to old city. Very friendly atmosphere and lends its self to partying. If you are looking for a quiet night on the weekend, bring the earplugs. There's a quiet rule at midnight but the drunks start stumbling in around 3AM....

No windows, as soon as you recognize it, it seems weird. I didn´t like the fact that you can´t turn on the light by yourself in the common room, I got up "early" in the morning (at 8AM) and I had to sit in the almost dark common room for breakfast, not really cosy.

loved this hostel. it has a very laid back, chill feel to it. it didnt actually feel like a hostel, it felt like a home. kaya (I think thats how you spell it) knows quite a lot about the area and will explain things to you really well. I would definitely stay here again. quite 'far out' from the city centre but bilbao isnt big. 20 minute walk to the main areas.

Everything was fantastic, Federico and his staff were laid back but made sure everything was taken care of properly for us and were down to party when nighttime rolled around! I honestly don't think I would've have nearly as good of a time in Bilbao without them and would highly recommend anyone who simply wants to have a good time to go there!

• 25th Aug 2015

Good vibes and very nice staff

• 22nd Aug 2015

The owner is a legend. Great atmosphere and very clean.

Staff were wonderful! So friendly and even took us all out to a street fiesta one night. Location wasn't the best but if you are lazy it's close to the metro

The rooms were connected on the top of the room, so you could hear the people speking from the rooms next door. There were no windows in the rooms, so very bad air and a fan in the commonroom kept circulating the air what did not reach the closed doors. So it was bad air and pretty hot for that cold day in the room. But the staff was great and very helpful in general.

The hostel is close to the city, (15 minutes walk to the Guggenheim museum). The staff was friendly and nice with us, the first night we arrived, one of the girl working there even took us out to a music festival. At the hostel, it was easy to meet people! The main problem is that you have to be out of the hostel at 12. I understand that they do this so they can clean up, but I think this hostel would get advantage of finding a way to clean up even if there's people around. It was a bit rude.

Nice hostel in Bilbao.. Friendly attmosphere and staff!

The staff were really and helpful

Very nice and clean hostel with a good common area for meeting people. Cheap beer as well! Only drawback is that it's isolated so a bit of a walk to old town but manageable and a metro right next to it for the lazy people! Great value for money!

really cool hostel with really helpful hosts. would recommend to anyone!

Nice and relaxed little hostel. Everything is pretty quiet by around 12pm but that's not always a bad thing, good location, a nice walk through the city or along the rivers edge to get places. Wifi was excellent and worked everywhere. The staff were really helpful and more than happy to have a chat. Kitchen is small but can manage to cook your own food 👍🏼 very nice place

Very small hostel so good if you're travelling alone as it is easy to meet people. Location is not near the beach and a bit of a mission to get places! - although close to Metro and staff provide good directions to beach, old town etc. Nice and clean, did the job for a few nights! Thanks for having us

Had the best time here, the vibes are so chilled and Isabella is the best! She made me feel so welcome and took us on an excursion on her day off which actually blew our heads it was amazing, the atmosphere is so cool here and it always feels so safe, thanks guys

I had booked a 4-bed room for my stay (which was already very overpriced considering I paid 55 euros a night). However, they placed me on a 8-bed dorm and still charged me the same amount. When I inquired about this issue to the reception the lady told me she didn’t know why and would check with her boss. She didn’t. And I never got reimbursed for the difference in the rooms. This type of behavior is just dishonest and I would never recommend this hostel to anyone else.

Amazing place, great people

Great hostel. Wonderful staff. Close to metro and main attractions. Beach a fare way away. Good atmosphere. Would stay again!

View all Bilbao Bed and Breakfasts