Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort Reviews

2837 Gold Coast Highway, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Great Crew: very welcoming to every traveller coming through their doors.

• 28th Aug 2015

Great hostel! Had a lot of fun here and met some great people and fantastic staff! The big night out was a great laugh too-would definitely be back if I'm at the Gold Coast again! Recommend going down to Burleigh Heads in the evening too

There is a lot to do here.

Security was poor. There were no lockers and one of the girls who worked there left the door open so anyone could come in and take your stuff. Seemed pretty clicky and as we were only there for a few nights no one really said hello.

We have security cameras throughout the hostel, a safe for any valuables in reception and managers on duty 24/7. I will of course speak with the staff member concerned but wish that you had brought this to our attention whilst you were here! I'm sorry that you felt the hostel was 'clicky' . Our few staff spend so much time with everyone playing volleyball every night, running quizzes, taking everyone out..... certainly groups of guests within the hostel make friends with each other.....

Nice hostel. Free shuttle to the center was great. Common bathroom should have been open 24/7 though there was a bathroom in the room as well.

HI, thank you for your review. Every room has an en-suite. We cannot leave communal washrooms open 24/7 because we cannot risk non residents using them throughout the night. It is a security issue. They are locked at 10pm when the bar and kitchen closes and are open again from 7am.

It was a great experience and the staff were very friendly. I liked the daily activities at the hostel (volleyball) as a way to involve everyone and help people meet each other. I'll be coming back for a couple of days because I enjoyed this so much!

• 5th Aug 2015

Really good hostel! Nice atmosphere! The rooms are big and clean enough! Nothing to complain about the hostel! Cheap beers and great comum area!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Great people, location, and facilities. Loved the big night out - it was a great way to meet so many people.

• 31st Jul 2015

Hostel was good except you have some disrespectful back packers who just throw your food in the fridge and we had all our eggs smash! And also the fire alarm went off in our room and there was no staff around or security to help us.. Other then that place is good

It was not the fire 'alarm' that went off as was explained to you the following day. There are staff on site 24/7 who would certainly respond if a fire alarm was activated. We also have cameras operating and recording throughout the hostel 24/7 and security who work throughout the night! I am really sorry that other backpackers were not considerate when moving food around the fridges, unfortunately that is a little beyond our control.

Very good. I love staying here... Just a comment if you could add more light bulbs in the room will be better.. It's a bit hard for me to read documents inside the room

I had an amazing experience at here, by far the best hostel I've stayed in on east coast Australia. The owners Bradley and Heidi aswell as all their are more that happy to help in everyway they can and do every with a strong sense of ebullience and care. The hostel has a host of activities and themed nights which encourages all guests to conflate and in turn creates a thoroughly enjoyable and comforting ambience. I love this hostel, and I hope to be back soon!

The staff there is very friendly and helpful, and the location is great. If I come back to Australia, this is without a doubt the hostel I'll be staying at.

• 19th Jul 2015

Amazing like always

• 18th Jul 2015

Great place to stay. Good kitchen facilities, friendly staff and decent location near tram and beach. No lockers in room.

Great relaxed staff, thick walls to keep out the cold. Spacious.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Only here for one night, not really long enough to comment on things like cleanliness however each dorm has own bathroom which helps

I love this hostel!! It's clean the personel is awsome !! There is a lot of things to do and there is always som one to help ypu if you need it. Washing machine free,wifi free clean kichen. I go back there anytime !! ☺

• 11th Jul 2015

I gave the facilities a score of average due to the fact there was not enough laundry facilities, two washing machines and two dryers but only one dryer worked..

• 10th Jul 2015

This was a fantastic hostel, definitely the best one we've stayed in personally! The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating and the atmosphere was so relaxed! Great hostel, very clean in the rooms and comfortable. Also great facilities because they had table tennis, volleyball, tennis, a TV room, sauna and little swimming pool.

• 8th Jul 2015

If you want to meet new friend, well i could say this is the place where they organize a lot of games & activity for you all to have fellowship together. Thanks to all of their crew, they been very friendly to us and explain clearly to us all the facilities..

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4