Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort Reviews

2837 Gold Coast Highway, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Staff were very friendly. TV didn't work in tv room (maybe I just couldn't work it?). Facilities are great, sauna, pool and free wifi. Had a good time :)

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Great place to stay. Friendly staff. It is a 15 minute walk on the beach from the center, but they have a free shuttle as well. The backpackers night out that they have on wednesdays and saturdays was a lot of fun. The staff is helpfull with booking activities. Pool area, pool table, volleyball and tennis court. Lots of fun to stay here.

A fantastic hostel with awesome people. The staff were obliging, friendly and the atmosphere was great. I had such a good time, I hope to come back in the summer. I really have no complaints, the facilities were excellent, especially the free wifi, bar and of course great company. The hostel was kept clean and the staff were happy to help out with any questions or requests. Would recommend staying here 100% :)

Really welcoming atmosphere and staff. Got picked up by staff with the courtesy bus at the transit centre, checked me in, then he walked me to my room whilst carrying my sheets and blanket like a proper hotel bellboy. That was a first for me! Great deal with whale watching and they lend you all the stuff you would need in Gold Coast. 5 minute walk away from the beach. Only negative comment is that they leave the vicinity gate wide open 24/7. I'd stay here again now that the tram is operational.

Had a great time here, would definately go back to stay again!!

• 12th Jul 2014

Nice hostel with good facilities such as a free washing machine! Bathrooms were good a little small for a big dorm. Kitchen was good and fairly clean. Quite a walk into surfers but they have a shuttle bus which I used a lot. Not byo but the bar is reasonable.

This place is great. Staff were great and nice. Facilities were pretty good especially for a hostel. I would definitely stay here again.

Really nice place to stay, clean and friendly! Big night out is a must, especially with their deals :-)

This place is really only suitable for young party types. The owners have clearly tried to make it fun, providing a bar and tennis court that has a net which can be raised for volleyball. But somehow I felt like I was on grade 12 school camp. It is about a 20 minute walk to Cavill Avenue, but they provide a shuttle bus service. I wouldn't say it is value for money, but I haven't stayed in many hostels in Australia. I stayed in a 7 bed dorm, which only had power points on one side of the room.

Great hostel and a wonderful crowd.

• 27th Jun 2014

This was an amazing hostel. Originally booked for 3 nights and stayed for 3 more. The staff are always around to help out , and the free bus shuttle was a great bonus. The no BYO idea wasn't even terrible as the drinks were very affordable. I would highly recommend this hostel. And it's so close to the beach! Only a 10-15 minute walk to downtown.

Lovely staff! Very chilled atmosphere and nice communal area. Bit away from the centre but really nice to walk in via the beach. They also provide a shuttle bus every hour which is a very nice touch!

Nothing really wrong with this hostel apart from that it would be Nice to have soap in the bathrooms :)

Friendly and helpful staff. The apartment was clean and spacious. Excellent location too - very near to the beach and the central (where all the restaurants, pubs

Had a great stay at Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort. The room was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi didn't always work but apart from that everything was great. Would recommend!

• 9th Jun 2014

Need to be clean a little bit more and also need a towel on the floor of the bathroom, taking a shower after 5 people, it's just impossible. Very nice hostel, very good staff. During the day it will be fun to have some activities, to move a little bit because I saw so many people doing nothing. The hostel is not in the centre but it's very easy to do in the city which the hostel's free bus.

• 6th Jun 2014

Stayed in a 7 share dorm which was spacious. Friendly staff and good layout. Only stayed a couple nights but it looks like a cool place to stay a while

We had a very fun stay in surfers!!! The staff were all sooo friendly and helpful!! We did the club crawl our first night there and that was a very good idea as it was a lot of fun and was a way to meet people in the hostel!! The kitchen was really nice to cook in and I loved the volleyball court in the middle! The wifi could do with expanding as we all had to sit against the reception wall!!! But was the place to chat to everyone! Would deffinatly go back!!! Thanks!

Really nice stay, everyone was friendly, cheap booze and awesome shuttle in to town :)

• 23rd May 2014

Overall my stay was great! The staff were friendly and generally knowledgeable about activities to do in Surfers Paradise. The facilities themselves were clean and however there was no locker to put your stuff in so the rooms tended to get a little messy. I also took in the backpackers big night out on the Wednesday and it was good fun. Definitely a party atmosphere and it can get loud if you are one to sleep early. But overall a good stay for the value!-

• 6th May 2014