Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort Reviews

2837 Gold Coast Highway, Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia

Nice comfortable bed, but not good for sleep early, people here do party everyday until 4-6 am. easy to make the new Friends.

We lived in twin spereted room and that was awesome. Had like a whole apartment together with two other guys. We really liked it!

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Yeah, it's a party hostel, a lot of young germans are there, but it's a good value, facilities are good and staffs are great. They offer a free shuttle every hours to go to the downtown.

The side entrance to the office does not do the apartments justice - it looks a bit daunting from the outside. However, we were happy with the apartment we stayed in.

The hostel was very clean and the staff was helpful and very nice. The patrolled beach is near around. I really enjoyed my time there and I would definitely come back. Thanks guys!

Good people that are always willing to help with any problems. As long as you're not afraid to ask for something, you will enjoy it here.. Only downside was the fact that it was licensed and has a bar. No B.Y.O. makes for some expensive drinking.

• 27th Mar 2014

The people who work here are AMAZING! super friendly and helpful. The pool was awesome, and the location is perfect. I would for sure stay here again!

• 27th Mar 2014

The Security is rated "oppe" because of the fact that it took the reception 20 minutes to react to a firealarm. No fire, but it would be nice if the staff had reacted quicker.

• Denmark

Hi Malene, thanks for your review. Greatly appreciated. We do apologize for not reacting quicker, the issue was that the actual Fire Alarm wasn't ringing it was just a fault with the detector (this was due to the humidity we was experiencing at the time) had it have been the actual alarm all our staff would have heard it. Thank you for your feedback.

Atmosphere and staff are amazing at the Hostel. I couldn't recommend this hostel more, I'm finding it very hard to leave!

• 23rd Mar 2014

A fab place for anyone who wants a good balance between fun and chilling out. The staff make 100% effort in everything they do whether socialising and welcoming you or just general help.Sometimes I forgot they were even staff because they're so friendly. The hostel is looked after very well and there is always something to keep you occupied. Never a dull moment in that place.With the beach 5mins away as bus taking you to the city and back again every hour- would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The best hostel I think I have stayed in. If you live sport you'll fit in well here. If you don't, you'll still for in. The outside social area makes it easy to meet new people. The staff were very helpful and got involved in activities. Overall, great hostel that I recommebd

It's such a nice vibe to the hostel just a massive shame it's right next to the road! But other than that, brilliant stay at the hostel. Will be back sooner or later! 2 minute walk from the beach which is amazing and met some amazing people!

• 20th Mar 2014

As soon as you walk into this hostel the staff make you feel welcome. There is something organised every night for you to do, everyone joins in so it's easy to meet people. Rooms are big and cleaned every day. This hostel had the best atmosphere out of any hostel I've stayed at traveling around the world, I'd recommend it to everyone!

• 14th Mar 2014

Very nice place, but I stayed (unfortunately) only one day, so I didn't use most the facilities the hostel offer. Only one thing could be better: Wi-Fi connection in the rooms too.

Would be helpful if WiFi signal was stronger to cater to the massive number of people using it.

The staff were very helpful and the rooms were clean. The bathroom wasn't anything to write home about but it got the job done. It had a nice atmosphere and they really seemed to help people have a good time while they were there.

Our private room was one room in an "appartment" with another private room. Therefore we had to share the kitchen and the bathroom just with 2 other people which was really cool. Everything was clean, the kitchen was well equipped and the pool was nice. And they have a free laundry! The only bad thing is the distance to the city. It´s a 30 min walk but the hostel has a free shuttle which runs every hour. Would stay there again.

A perfect place if you are 18 and want to party.

This establishment is about half way between Surfers and Broadbeach; a 15 minute walk either way or take a bus Nothing was a problem to Brad, Heidi and their team The baketball and volleyball court was a magnet in the evening and creasted a good atmosphere Excellent bar and kitchen facilities The balcony could have been swept to rid if of old cigarettte butts and check under the room couches for rubbnish left by previous guests The pool and hammock area create a space to relax

Potentially the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It literally ticked every box. The layout was superb, the staff were the friendliest and most helpful staff I have witnessed and the atmosphere in the evenings had a brilliant vibe. The bus drivers were always on time and the barman couldn't stop making me laugh. I couldn't recommend this hostel more !

• 18th Feb 2014