Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort Reviews

2837 Gold Coast Highway, Surfers Paradise, Australia

Great hostel. Originally booked 2 nights but extended to 4 after a day there. Short stroll to lovely beach, 15 minute walk to centre of Surfers but shuttle goes every hour for those not wanting to walk. Nice pool, clean rooms, decent kitchen and always something going on - volleyball, pub quiz etc etc. Could have stayed longer!

suit was really nice. especially kitchen and tennis court and swimming pool. social atmosphere. definetely suitable for traveler alone.

Excellent hostel with great facilities, staff and atmosphere! Free laundry, basketball hoop, mini tennis court and table tennis. Best place I've stayed whilst travelling!

We are a couple who had a twin bed dorm share. Great hostel, helpful staff, loved the bar area with great prices. Best location, right next to a tram stop and the beach! Close to the touristy surfers strip but not on top of it which is nice for some quiet time. The bar crawl was a great night and would recommend anyone to go on it.

• 15th Apr 2015

Fantastic hostel. Very relaxed and friendly vibe. Cool little volleyball court, basketball hoop, soccer ball. Cheap bar. Right by the beach. Lovely rooms with good showers 10/10.

• 6th Apr 2015

Very nice Facilities. Although there was no aircon, we were lucky to stay during the cold season. Should have a water fountain installed. My friends and I (10 of us) found ourselves refilling out bottles at the nearby tram station.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review but ......Seriously????!!!!! There is drinking water all over the hostel. All the water from the taps is safe!! I'm sorry that you did not ask.

Very clean and sociable hostel. Best one I've stayed in. Shuttle bus runs to town but also a nice walk. Great that they organise something every night and there are activities available all day if you choose to do them. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the staff were friendly too so thank you. The thing I'd comment is no lockers in room but available at reception. Would be easier to have in room but no big deal. Brilliant hostel, would stay again!

Amazing location, solidly good rates, clean and comfortable.

Very clean and excellent service. Good location.

Good Hostel, 2 min walk to the beach, 10 min into the main strip of Surfers Paradise. Nice pool and facilities. Rooms were pretty hot during the night, no air con, probably only an issue a few weeks of the year. Would stay again!

I had a great time at Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort. I cant say anything bad about the hostel. :-) I had a wonderful time. :-) Thank you!

Travelling alone, the main lady in charge, Heidi, was so friendly and helpful, suggesting things I could do in surfers, helping me get to set and wild, selling bus tickets and helping me book other hostels! However, if you're looking for a party, the whole hostel (reception, bar and kitchen) are shut down by 10pm. Also whilst the location is super close to the beach, it's a good 15/20 minute walk into central town. however the tram is over the road and takes like 4 minutes. clean. decent Wi-Fi

Stay here if u want a great experience in surfers the staff are amazing and so interesting! A little far from central surfers but they have a free shuttle into town every hour with a ride back so it's not a big deal. Best hostel I've been to in AUS

Staff are so cool and welcoming unlike other hostels and the owner who is British is really helpful and friendly she refunded my deposit back onto my credit card as she knew I was leaving the country so didn't need cash where bigger hostels would not do that. We went out to early at times like 10pm which meant i couldn't socialise enough at the common room cool place though.

Rooms were big, party hostel.

The hostel needs to consider installing air conditioning in each room. Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise are known for hotter and humid weather, the ceiling fan does nothing inside the room. Also there are 6 beds in my room but only 4 power outlets. We had to share the power outlets to charge our phones/cameras. That was very annoying. Also the front desk staffs are rarely in office during business hours, it was impossible to ask for help when needed.

This has been an exceptionally hot summer. It would increase price of beds too much to have air conditioning for the couple of months a year that we (S.E QLD) may have extreme heat. Up in the tropics you will certainly find hostels with AC. There are an extra 2 power outlets in the en-suite if everyone in the room happens to need power desperately at the same time. Sharing sometimes is ok though? Reception is ALWAYS manned daily from 7.30am to 7pm. the staff are then in the bar area until 10pm

Good social hostel, could happily of stayed longer.

• 6th Mar 2015

clean friendly hostel with a nice pool to cool off in, and a great volley ball court to play on and meet others at the hostel, staff were very helpful too!

One of the best places I've stayed in! Tennis and volleyball court, and plenty other activities which everyone gets involved in which is perfect to get to know people. Staff very friendly, helpful and sociable. Short walk from the beach. Would recommend!

Wifi was poor most days, good atmosphere, location is out of town but close to beach

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4