Superb 237 Total Reviews
Superb 237 Total Reviews
Surfing Etxea Located at C/ Zabaleta Nº32. Principal derecha, 1, San Sebastian.
Spain
San Sebastian 20002 C/ Zabaleta Nº32. Principal derecha, 1
91% 237
43.3248078 -1.9736988
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016

My time at Surfing Etxea was awesome! It was the most social hostel I have stayed at thus far in Spain and I felt at home right away. The staff were super fun and welcoming. One member even sent me a personal message after check out before I had forgotten something in the room. The facilities are nice but there is no option for cooking (stove or oven). Overall it was a great time and I will definitely stay again if I return to San Sebastian :)

18th Apr 2016

This is a wonderful place! The staff is so nice and helpful. I asked for a hairdryer and they went and bought one! Great Great Great!!!!

• cotsy90
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

Nice clean, chilled out comfortable Hostel with friendly staff.

24th Mar 2016

Surfing Etxea was an amazing stay. The atmosphere was incredibly relaxing, friendly, and social which was great for meeting new people. The staff helped me set up surfing lessons, showed me the best places to eat, and helped me plan a beautiful hike along the coast. I would highly recommend!

• Northern Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
22nd Mar 2016
5.4

My stay at Surfing Etxea was very disappointing. Although it holds the title of a "Surf Hostel," there were no organised surf trips or surf lessons - you had to pester an undertrained member of staff to go surfing the next day. I had to ask three more times the following morning before I was even provided with a suit and a board. Staff didn't know the area and couldn't recommend us anything to do or see. In addition, the hostel holds a "no cooking" and "no drinking" policy.

We are really sorry to hear that your stay in our hostel was not as expected, we do apologize for that. Me (David) found you lost in the street and I help you to come to the hostel and I did your check in. You ask me about the Surf lessons and I show you the forecast and recommended the best time to go surf during the next days check in the tide and everything, we intended to be the most helpful possible as always with our clients. We work with the best Surf School in the city PUKAS, you ask me for the surf lessons and I booked a Surf lesson for you for the next day. The next day you cancel the lesson only 1 hour before, because you thought it was too expensive...and you preferred to rent one of our boards and wetsuit… I tried to find some boards and wetsuits for you but I said you need to wait because somebody rented. If you know to surf is good idea but if you never surfed before the best idea is to go with one instructor. If the surf wasn't as fun as expected we are sorry but it is not our fault, we did everything we can to helped you. And if you rent the board, more the wetsuits or whatever you need to pay before to live the hostel… WE ALWAYS TRY TO IMPROVE EVERYTHING SO THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR REVIEW OLIVIA.

• tanitorvinen2089
  • Finland, Male, 31-40
14th Mar 2016

Clean&safe. No cooking, no drinking policy in the hostel...but San Sebastian has more bars and restaurants than any other place similar size.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Jan 2016

This hostel is really well located right on the beach and only a 10 minute walk into town. There are only four room and when I stayed there were only six people but that was cool because it meant we all got to know each other really well. Breakfast was delicious. The bed was comfortable and the facilities were fine, but my only complaint would be that the water in the showers wasn't quite warm enough for me. Hopefully that is something they fix with the renovations!

• Japan, Female, 31-40
3rd Jan 2016
7.4

I had a great time al this hostel and in San Sebastián. Very close to the beach and when I arrived, I got so many information about where I should go out to eat and enjoy the place. Also the place was very cozy, However, I was not very pleasant when they charged me for 15 euros after I left the hostel. When I contacted them, I was told its because I lost the locker key which I didn't. At the end they admitted that it was a mistake but maybe it's a good idea to take a deposit or etc..

15th Dec 2015

Surfing Etxea is one of the best host I have ever stayed at,the manager Lois is the best host I have come Across, He is most helpful and friendly,He took four of us hiking on the Camino which was great,its a great hostel to hang after a busy day exploring the beautiful City of San Sebastian.I hope to be back to San Sebastian soon and will stay at Surfing Etxea.

• USA, Male, 25-30
21st Nov 2015

Luis, our host, could not have been more accommodating. We had such a wonderful stay, the environment is warm and friendly and very conducive to meeting new people. You couldn't ask for a better stay at a hostel, we will for sure be back again.

Thank you very much. Hope you are well back home. Was a pleasure to have you here guys. Hope to see you next year. Greetings to you and Heather. Big Hugs