Surfing Etxea Reviews

C/ Zabaleta Nº32. 1.derecha, 1, San Sebastian, Spain

David is a legend and made a real effort to make our stay great. Beds are very comfy. The place is kept clean. Relaxed easy vibe. Would come straight back here to stay and recommend it.

• 9th Sep 2014

This hostel made San Sebastian all the more enjoyable. The atmosphere was great largely due to the awesome owner David. felt like I was at home and even stayed an extra night. Highly recommended.

Beautiful apartment style hostel. Very small so great for meeting others. Very clean and has a homely feel. I had a great time here!

This was honestly the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Aritz welcomed us warmly and introduced us to all of the guests staying there at the time so that we could become comfortable with each other. The hostel was very clean and well lit. It was awesome to have so many surfboards and wetsuits available in the back hangout area as well. This felt more like a house than a hostel and I felt very at home. I would love to go back to this hostel one day. It made my stay in San Sebastián amazing!

• 4th Sep 2014

This was one of my favourite hostels. It felt more like a share house with friends than a hostel. Awesome vibe, easy to meet people and you are only a minute walk from the surf beach....old town is only a quick stumble home as well. I will definitely stay here next time I am in San Seb.

Great hostel! Staff were super freindly! 2 min walk to the the beach and the waves were pumping! Will be back!

Excellent hostel with great location, great kitchen facilities and a cool hang out area. There's a Carrefour next door so you can keep your costs at minimum too. Location is amazing, 5 min from the beach and 15 min walk from the center. I found the price somewhat high comparing to other places in Spain, but it seems normal for San Sebastian.

Really goof and friendly hostel. It's new and near the beach. The owners are surfers and they are happy to share with you their passion. Aritz one of the owners is really friendly and helpful and enjoyed showing his city with other locals. If I have to find one negative point: there's only one bathroom for everybody. Sometimes during the rush hours, you've to wait your turn

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Can not fault this place! Super clean and close to everything. Vibe is chilled out, intimate and everyone is super friendly!! :)

• 26th Jul 2014

I've travelled a fair bit if the world and definitely one of the best hostels I've been to! Location is perfect, it's new and modern and the staff not only tell you what's going on and where to go but also invite you out to see the real san seb!! Defo will go back!!

• 26th Jul 2014

big thanks to aritz and david the two local owners . perfect week in paradise, two minutes from the waves all the gear and such a good layout . run by a cupla lads !! - kyle.w AUS

• 23rd Jul 2014