Surfing Etxea Reviews

C/ Zabaleta Nº32. Principal derecha, 1, San Sebastian, Spain

Super awesome vibes at this hostel. Great staff and great travelers as well.

Highly recommend this hostel. Very clean, good facilities and a real home like feel to it. Only a small place which creates a great social atmosphere. Fantastic location. It was 2 minute walk to the surfing beach and about a 5-10 minute walk into the old town where you will find amazing pintxos. There staff were very knowledgable and give lots of ideas for activities and the best places to eat in San Sebastián.

Friendliest hostel I've every been in! Everyone was super nice, the owner has a dog! The staff took us for a surfing lesson! Need to come back. It is important to give them an accurate arrival time because the staff aren't always there but they are there for the time you give them and in the mornings. It is payed out like a regular flat, you enter the building and go up to the second floor, secured by two keys. There are two rooms with beds, a living room/ kitchen attached to a nice back porch

Perfect hostel for someone who wants to meet great people, enjoy the beach and try some really great food. It was very homie here and it was a smaller hostel so it really gives you a chance to meet everyone you're staying with. The wifi could be better though. Also, an extra washroom would have been nice.

Great hostel, really nice stuff and very helpful, nice atmosphere, decoration and perfect location. It feeled more like a house and not as a hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay, but it was a little difficult to speak with the staff when needed (for things such as check-in, check-out, towels, etc) because they were rarely at the hostel. My friends had to wait outside the hostel for over 15 minutes one day (during the early afternoon) because no one was home. However, we met a lot of nice people and the facilities were nice. I would recommend this hostel.

This hostel was so fun and I loved the puppy!

• 26th Apr 2015

The best hostel ever!!!!

I had an amazing stay at Surfing Etxea. The staff are delightful. I loved being able to take surfing lessons on the nearby beach, even though I've never surfed before. I got amazing recommendations of things to do in San Sebastián and help figuring out transportation for the way home. The breakfast is convenient but just okay. However I did like being able to keep food in the fridge for snacks. I felt completely safe in the hostel. I enjoyed the guests I met. Definitely stay in this hostel!!

• 17th Apr 2015

I was wanting to learn to surf and couldn't have picked a better place than Surfing Etxea hostel in San Sebastián! Staff was so friendly and willing to help anytime. Easily can just grab a board and wet suit and walk 2 minutes to the beach. Great location. I would love to go back in the future!

Super rad hostel, chill vibes all around.

This hostel is one of the best I've stayed in so far in my travels. Location, facilities, and staff are all excellent. Just a few minute walk to the beach, and there is surf and boogie board equipment available for 10 euro/day. Also longboards available. Environment is also excellent. Is definitely a place I look forward to returning to.

Great hostel with an amazing location! The staff is very helpful and friendly!

Amazing hostel, location is perfect right across from the beach and they have wetsuits and boards if you want to go for a surf. Staff were great, and very helpful with lots of handy hints about bask culture and the best places to see/visit/ and eat cheap pinxos. I booked there for 3 days and ended up spending a week. Amazing place would definety reccommend it ! :)

Friendly staff. Chilled atmosphere. Great value. Our locker was broken/missing- would've liked to use this but no problem with security of our stuff. I'll definitely recommend to others :)

Hilarious and awesome owners, great location and really nice facilities.

Perfect hostel for a chill vibe. David & Artiz are hilarious. Insanely close to the surfing beach and the best sushi place of life. Short 10 minute walk into the Old Town.

We were there at the off season .. But the owners are awesome . David Is one I the nicest guys. He told us where the best places to eat at where . Also there hostel was very clean and it felt like we were part of a big family with the rest of the guests . I would recommend this to anyone !.

A great place to stay and really relaxed!

• 21st Mar 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here and had the most excellent time! I would definitely recommend- David and Aritz go above and beyond to make your stay awesome. We loved it so much we are planning to return!

View all San Sebastian Hostels