Surfing Etxea Reviews

C/ Zabaleta Nº32. Principal derecha, 1, San Sebastian, Spain

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel but was surprised/disappointed that there was no cooking and no alcohol allowed. a nice reminder to read the fine print before booking.

I felt very welcome and at home here. Great location and helpful friendly staff! Really good facilities such as the reading lights (although I don't think every bed had these?) the plug socket by the bed (particularly useful as I was on top bunk) and the spacious and clean bathrooms. It was great to have a fridge to keep food and you can use the kettle for drinks, but it was a shame you weren't allowed to cook your own food. The free breakfast was really good and kitchen always very clean!

Really good atmosphere with friendly people there. Luiz who works there is also really friendly and recommended some awesome bars. The big downside of this hostel is the no-alcohol policy. I understand why this policy is there, but it is inconvenient to have to leave just to drink a beer (although you can drink on the street outside...)

Its a bit expensive, but very well located. Nice breakfast but poor wi-fi. The fact that the staff isnt there after 9pm or before 9am sometimes its trouble in case you need your key-deposit back. And i would like if they can organize more social stuff to creat an atmosphere at night. Anyway, i would stay again there for sure.

One of the bathrooms could be divided by a wall to separate the toilet and showers to reduce the frustration for people waiting to use them. Also would be good to be able to use the stove but otherwise all was great!

The hostel staff we excellent and answered all questions. The hostel was very central and extremely close to the beach. We loved the ethos of the place, everyone was very friendly (we went to 31st august together). The communal areas were brilliant, we enjoyed chatting to other people there.

hostel was generally kept in good condition & clean relative to others/had a good vibe - made me feel slightly better as none of the dorm doors had locks & were generally left open (lockers provided) Cons: pillow looked like it had a blood stain on it when I arrived & I also squashed a bed bug on my second night (unfortunate cause the hostel didn't feel dirty & this is just a common thing in hostels) Only toilets are in the 2 shared bathrooms (for 18) 6bed dorm is 10bed (with a half partition)

• 28th Aug 2015

My best time in Spain was in San Sebastián and this hostel was just perfect for the place. Located bang opposite the beach, amazing staff Oscar, David, Reez I may have forgotten the names but they were all really helpful.. I absolutely recommend this place and would definitely stay here if I come again.

When I first arrived I was put in a dorm of 10 people when I had booked a 6 bed dorm. Myself and another girl I was with had to check out bookings to see if we had booked incorrectly but we hadn't, the booking system just clearly wasn't very organised. This was rectified and I got my 6 bed dorm but it took a bit of moving and organising of other people. Generally a good atmosphere, nice and cosy and sociable. No door locks meant that anyone within the hostel could walk into any room though.

There seriously isn't enough good things I can say about this hostel/ surf shack. From the moment we arrived we experienced the beautiful atmosphere of the intimate hostel and immediately felt a part of the family. Not only were they accommodating, the staff would make sure we enjoy our time there by offering hikes, clubs, bars and restaurants and often accompany us out of their own time. This hostel attracts only the best of people, I honestly don't see why anyone would stay anywhere else!

%100 best hostel I've ever stayed in. Beautiful atmosphere. Best location. And the Staff are absolutely beautiful! Super helpful and friendly. Was so devestated I had to leave!

• 10th Aug 2015

one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great atmosphere, awesome staff, amazing city!

awesome hostel! such a great crew, friendly and helpful! Perfect location for beach and pinchos (especially €2 drink and pinchos Thursdays). really great atmosphere to meet people and have a ball! wifi average in one half of hostel and only two bathrooms so can be a wait for showers after beach but such great vibes here. late breakfast and checkout so helpful. bit of a walk from bus and train, make sure you have directions as no big sign. no drinking allowed but park nearby where you can.

The staff and the location of the hostel is really great. But you also have to know that the rules are very strict: You are on video surveillance 24h (in the commun area) You are not allowed to drink any alcohol in the hostel You are not allowed to cook (but you can use the oven and microwave) Your are not allowed to shower after check out ( so no day at the beach before leaving) You have to tell your exact arriving time, cause the reception is poorly occupied

Hello Anja, First of all thank you in advance to give us your opinion. It is very important for us to have the reviews of our guest to improve everyday. Regarding of the surveillance we only have cameras on the common areas. We believe that if something bad happens or unfortunately someone tries to steal we have to be able to resolve the problem mainly for our guests. Also that fact goes related with the alcohol because we had some problems with drunk people. Surfing Etxea Staff

Meet amazing people here the staff are really friendly the place is really clean The beds are really comfortable

Everyone who runs the place is super cool and like to talk and give advice about the city. Good vibes for sure and a good mix of people in the hostel but enough space in the rooms as well. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Five min walk to parte vieja and two blocks to la zurriola. Only bummer was the cancelled stand up paddle tour :/ Other than that it was a really cool place. And delicious bread for breakfast

Amazing location super close to the beach and only a short walk to the old town. The staff were awesome - proving great tips to everyone and offering different activities. Would definitely recommend to friends.

The atmosphere in this hostel is great. The staff is very helpfull and keen to show you around town, go out and bring you to the best places. The owners themselves take you out for a surfing trip and they're all just very friendly. Because it's a rather small hostel you meet everyone and make friends very easily. The hostel is in a nice building right off the surfing beach! Free breakfast included as well. Just 1 thing: there aren't that many showers and toilets (just 2 for 18 beds). RECOMMANDED

- nice - nice - nice -

Great facilities, very clean, good atmosphere. Location is very close to the beaches and old town, had a very relaxing stay here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3