Surfing Etxea Reviews

C/ Zabaleta Nº32. Principal derecha, 1, San Sebastian, Spain

Great place, will definitely stay here again one day in Summer, a little quiet in the Winter months though. Very cheap surfboard rental as well was great. Aritz does a great job running this place, looking forward to returning one day!

Last minute trip to San Sebastián hopefully will make it back in the summer. Defiantly stay here again staff went out of there way to help us with anything. Very friendly great location as well. Thanks.

Great hostel, perfectly located and nice stuff! There was just a locker for our door missing, so you could only lock from the inside, which was not too convenient. Only thing to complain about! Great stay!

• 14th Nov 2014

loved this place! right next to the beach, really couldnt be any closer. i loved the small close-knit atmosphere of the hostel. great common space and outdoor terrace. really cozy beds. cant complain at all.

Great place, the staff are absolutely brilliant, really nice and helpful. A family atmosphere hostel. Free breakfast, good fun sitting around chatting to people at breakfast time. Not a party hostel, no bar etc and quiet at night. Near the surf, happy days, old Town etc!

Very homily vibe and pretty relaxed aatmosphere. Owners were very accommodating and even provided additional heating when the weather turned chilly. There is no signage at street level so it is a bit tricky to correctly locate.

Surfing Etxea was in a perfect location, just a block from Zurriola. David and the staff were all super friendly and laid back and the place was extremely clean which was great. Only minor downside was no locker to lock things up but not a big deal as it felt very safe in the hostel.

David was very friendly and pretty available to help out. The hostel is chaotic but in the best way possible - it is super chill. The only thing lacking at breakfast was some nutella to go with my bread :) I felt pretty secure with my stuff, even though he wasn't able to give me locker key. It's definitely a friendly and energetic crowd.

I loved this laid back hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere and accommodations!

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • KtCarmichael

Great place. Very much a surfers hostel

Amazing hostel with a warn family orientated vibe. Aritz is the man and makes you feel at home from the moment you step into the hostel

• 16th Oct 2014

I really enjoyed staying here. It was very clean and right by the beach. The signage was a little hard to find when I first arrived but that makes it feel more special and private too. I definitely recommend this hostel and Aritz, the man in charge, is very kind and makes you feel right at home right away. 10/10.

Love this hostel. The manager is really chill; my train had been delayed so I showed up at around 2 am and he was totally nice about the inconvenience. There's a fridge and a microwave, but no stove or oven. I've never been in a hostel where it was easier to meet people. San Sebastian isn't cheap, but if you're here, this is the best.

• 12th Oct 2014

Best hostel I have stayed at.

• 12th Oct 2014

I originally booked three nights at this hostel but I loved it and San Sebastian so much that I extended and stayed for a full week. Aritz, the owner, is a really great guy - super relaxed but helpful. He gives great recommendations and is really flexible. The hostel also offers surf rentals (both wetsuits and boards) and he helped me get set-up to go surf. Only thing to note is that you can't cook in the kitchen, so you'll need to get most meals out. I would stay here again.

At first, this place did not live up to my expectations. I got there and the 4-bed dorm room I had paid for was not what I was given. There is kitchen but we could not use the stove.

Probably one of the coolest places I have staying at during my first 3months of travel. It isn't like staying in a hostel, it's like staying at a mates house who has a nice pad. Aritz and David were super friendly and helpful throughout my time there.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

There are two Hostels belonging together which are on different places. Better check out before to which one you are heading. Both of them are in perfect distance to the beach!

Great hostel! Definitely in my top 5 worldwide. Great beds, nice common area and great atmopshere. Although a lack of swell, Artiz made our stay a truly pleasant experience. I could say we made some good friends! thank you.

This place just has the best atmosphere! David knew who I was when I first arrived and greeted me by name. He introduces you to everyone which makes it so easy to get to know people. It was such a friendly place, I felt so relaxed. When I was there David organised a SUP trip to the island which was pretty cool. It would be great if the kitchen had a hob we could use, but I think that is my only criticism. I don't think I'd even consider staying anywhere else in San Sebastian!

View all San Sebastian Hostels