Surfing Etxea Reviews

C/ Zabaleta Nº32. Principal derecha, 1, San Sebastian, Spain

The best hostel ever!!!!

I was wanting to learn to surf and couldn't have picked a better place than Surfing Etxea hostel in San Sebastián! Staff was so friendly and willing to help anytime. Easily can just grab a board and wet suit and walk 2 minutes to the beach. Great location. I would love to go back in the future!

Super rad hostel, chill vibes all around.

This hostel is one of the best I've stayed in so far in my travels. Location, facilities, and staff are all excellent. Just a few minute walk to the beach, and there is surf and boogie board equipment available for 10 euro/day. Also longboards available. Environment is also excellent. Is definitely a place I look forward to returning to.

Great hostel with an amazing location! The staff is very helpful and friendly!

Amazing hostel, location is perfect right across from the beach and they have wetsuits and boards if you want to go for a surf. Staff were great, and very helpful with lots of handy hints about bask culture and the best places to see/visit/ and eat cheap pinxos. I booked there for 3 days and ended up spending a week. Amazing place would definety reccommend it ! :)

Friendly staff. Chilled atmosphere. Great value. Our locker was broken/missing- would've liked to use this but no problem with security of our stuff. I'll definitely recommend to others :)

Hilarious and awesome owners, great location and really nice facilities.

Perfect hostel for a chill vibe. David & Artiz are hilarious. Insanely close to the surfing beach and the best sushi place of life. Short 10 minute walk into the Old Town.

We were there at the off season .. But the owners are awesome . David Is one I the nicest guys. He told us where the best places to eat at where . Also there hostel was very clean and it felt like we were part of a big family with the rest of the guests . I would recommend this to anyone !.

A great place to stay and really relaxed!

• 21st Mar 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here and had the most excellent time! I would definitely recommend- David and Aritz go above and beyond to make your stay awesome. We loved it so much we are planning to return!

It was pretty quiet since it was the off season, but otherwise everything was great!

This is a great hostel. My sister and I were traveling for a few days and we had an amazing time here. The owners and the atmosphere were both awesome, super friendly, and relaxing. I loved the interior design and everything was clean and safe. It's super close to the beach and a short (like 5ish min) walk to Parte Vieja for pintxos. I will 100% stay here next time I come to San Sebastian. Super buena honda!!

I Had a great time staying here. The atmosphere was very welcoming and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The Location was ideal and i never felt like something was missing. Thank you for making my stay enjoyable and for making me feel safe whIke there

Great place, will definitely stay here again one day in Summer, a little quiet in the Winter months though. Very cheap surfboard rental as well was great. Aritz does a great job running this place, looking forward to returning one day!

Last minute trip to San Sebastián hopefully will make it back in the summer. Defiantly stay here again staff went out of there way to help us with anything. Very friendly great location as well. Thanks.

This hostel is pretty awesome. Perfect location close to the beach and the old part of town. I booked a 6 bedroom dorm but I ended up being the only one in it the whole time which was nice cause it was super quiet. There's a free breakfast - toast with jam, cereal and coffee. The bathrooms are my only complaint - only two for all the rooms and the showers are separated by a curtain which may not leave much privacy. Great hostel though! Super clean and modern. Felt more like a home than a hostel

• 3rd Dec 2014

Great hostel, perfectly located and nice stuff! There was just a locker for our door missing, so you could only lock from the inside, which was not too convenient. Only thing to complain about! Great stay!

• 14th Nov 2014

loved this place! right next to the beach, really couldnt be any closer. i loved the small close-knit atmosphere of the hostel. great common space and outdoor terrace. really cozy beds. cant complain at all.

View all San Sebastian Hostels