Surfing Etxea Reviews

C/ Zabaleta Nº32. Principal derecha, 1, San Sebastian, Spain

This hostel is really well located right on the beach and only a 10 minute walk into town. There are only four room and when I stayed there were only six people but that was cool because it meant we all got to know each other really well. Breakfast was delicious. The bed was comfortable and the facilities were fine, but my only complaint would be that the water in the showers wasn't quite warm enough for me. Hopefully that is something they fix with the renovations!

I had a great time al this hostel and in San Sebastián. Very close to the beach and when I arrived, I got so many information about where I should go out to eat and enjoy the place. Also the place was very cozy, However, I was not very pleasant when they charged me for 15 euros after I left the hostel. When I contacted them, I was told its because I lost the locker key which I didn't. At the end they admitted that it was a mistake but maybe it's a good idea to take a deposit or etc..

Surfing Etxea is one of the best host I have ever stayed at,the manager Lois is the best host I have come Across, He is most helpful and friendly,He took four of us hiking on the Camino which was great,its a great hostel to hang after a busy day exploring the beautiful City of San Sebastian.I hope to be back to San Sebastian soon and will stay at Surfing Etxea.

Luis, our host, could not have been more accommodating. We had such a wonderful stay, the environment is warm and friendly and very conducive to meeting new people. You couldn't ask for a better stay at a hostel, we will for sure be back again.

• 21st Nov 2015

Thank you very much. Hope you are well back home. Was a pleasure to have you here guys. Hope to see you next year. Greetings to you and Heather. Big Hugs

Loved this hostel for the people staying but the staff were never there. Mostly really lovely and took us out every night where we met his friends etc but he could get pretty grumpy. My bed was dirty when I got there and then he made it for me, for 20 min later there was animal feces on the bed. Not great! Also no locks on any doors, and the bathrooms are missing a toilet seat and the other has a joint shower?

Thanks for your comments, Indeed we have certain thing we need to improve. In low season there is no 24hrs reception. The check-out time 12pm, therefore the earliest check in time is from 12pm, you arrived at 10:40am. About animal feces, we don't have any animals, it was another matter which i would change immediately if you tell me, instead you decided to use another bed without telling me so another guest had no bed. Didn't get grumpy for no reason. We hope to see you next year ;)

Perfect location! Attracts a chill crowd of travelers!! Staff were a bit up tight, over minor things. Good breakfast!

Hope you are fine back in California. Thanks for your comments. Sometimes is very difficult to be in the middle, we have certain rules that we have to follow and it doesn't mean that we like, but in the end this is a business and we need to be careful. We hope to see you next year ;). Greetings.

Luis the staff member was incredible !!! Incredibly nice, welcoming and made our stay a lot better. The atmosphere between the people in the hostel was the best I've seen. More a shared appartments than a hostel.

Hope you are enjoying a lot France. Thank you so much, was a pleasure to have you here guys ;). Big Hugs. hope to see you next year. Greetings

I had a great experience staying at Surfing Etxea, the staff (loui) were awesome, had really nice clean rooms, bathrooms, common room & kitchen. The atmosphere at this hostel was great it was hard not to make friends with everyone a very relaxed vibe that made for a really great time in San Sebastian, i have and will continue to recommend this place to other travellers! The only down fall is the kitchen in not available but the oven is (tapas are so cheap its not an issue) thanks guys!!!

Hello Harriet!!! Hope you are fine back home, We are glad that you enjoyed your staying at Surfings Etxea, We know that ( No-cooking ) can be an issue for many, but mainly is because we had a lot of complain about smells, but we gonna improve that for the next year. we hope to see you soon. Greetings

Aunque tengo amigos en San Sebastián, me quedaría aquí de nuevo sin duda! El ambiente y la gente del hostal eran increíble. Como sola viajera es difícil conocer a gente en los hostales pero conocí a gente inmediatamente. Además el recepcionista Luis es una persona amigable y muy ayudante!!

Hola Katrina!!! Espero que estés muy bien, nos alegra demasiado que hayas disfrutado tu estadia en el hostal, esperamos verte pronto. Hasta el proximo año y felices fiestas.

One of the best hostels we've stayed at. Great location and the staff was very helpful and welcoming! Loved it.

• 29th Oct 2015

Awesome place to stay! Location is only 3 minutes from the beach, very close to shops and also very close to the old town. Highly suggest staying at this hostel if you're looking to relax and meet new people.

Best hostel I have ever ever stayed in! It's a home away from home. If you are going to San Sebastián you HAVE to book here or you will regret it. Beds comfortable, it's clean, breakfast is amazing, there's a really nice kitchen, good wifi and showers/bathrooms. But the people is what makes it! The coolest guests stay here, it just attracts a really cool atmosphere and bunch of people. And Louis is amazing! Best run hostel I've ever been to.

I had a great time at Surfing Etxea! Luis was super helpful with any questions I had, and it was super easy to rent a surfboard and wetsuit. Location is great, maybe a minute walk to Playa Zurriola. The only negative things I could really say would be that the WiFi was a bit slow at times and that you often had to wait a while to shower/use the bathroom because there are only 2. Other than that, excellent hostel and would highly recommend it!!

• 16th Oct 2015

I can't say enough about this place. Luis is the best receptionist/person/cleaner/ worker you could ever have at a hostel. He makes your stay so easy and relaxing and seriously he even stayed up to check someone in at 130am. He's a legend! The hostel itself is amazing. The location is spot on- 2 min to the surf beach and 5 min to old town. They have boards and wetties for hire and skateboards too. The atmosphere was like no other hostel I have ever been to. I'm going to come back and work there!

I had a great time at Surfing Etxea. All the staff were extremely helpful especially Louis. Definitely will be back someday soon!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in !! The guys that run it go out of their way to make you feel welcome and no request is too much. Awesome location and it's not too big so everyone has an awsome time together ! Would highly recommend !!!

Great hostel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Amazing staff. They make you feel comfortable the second you step inside the door.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! The guys who run it are great, make you feel right at home! Would 100% recommend

Great hostel, more of an appartment than a hostel. Some issues: bathrooms, no alcohol / smoking, lack oof peel hooks, limited kitchen

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel but was surprised/disappointed that there was no cooking and no alcohol allowed. a nice reminder to read the fine print before booking.

View all San Sebastian Hostels