Surfing Etxea Reviews

C/ Zabaleta Nº32. Principal derecha, 1, San Sebastian, Spain

I really enjoyed staying here. It was very clean and right by the beach. The signage was a little hard to find when I first arrived but that makes it feel more special and private too. I definitely recommend this hostel and Aritz, the man in charge, is very kind and makes you feel right at home right away. 10/10.

I originally booked three nights at this hostel but I loved it and San Sebastian so much that I extended and stayed for a full week. Aritz, the owner, is a really great guy - super relaxed but helpful. He gives great recommendations and is really flexible. The hostel also offers surf rentals (both wetsuits and boards) and he helped me get set-up to go surf. Only thing to note is that you can't cook in the kitchen, so you'll need to get most meals out. I would stay here again.

At first, this place did not live up to my expectations. I got there and the 4-bed dorm room I had paid for was not what I was given. There is kitchen but we could not use the stove.

Probably one of the coolest places I have staying at during my first 3months of travel. It isn't like staying in a hostel, it's like staying at a mates house who has a nice pad. Aritz and David were super friendly and helpful throughout my time there.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

There are two Hostels belonging together which are on different places. Better check out before to which one you are heading. Both of them are in perfect distance to the beach!

Great hostel! Definitely in my top 5 worldwide. Great beds, nice common area and great atmopshere. Although a lack of swell, Artiz made our stay a truly pleasant experience. I could say we made some good friends! thank you.

This place just has the best atmosphere! David knew who I was when I first arrived and greeted me by name. He introduces you to everyone which makes it so easy to get to know people. It was such a friendly place, I felt so relaxed. When I was there David organised a SUP trip to the island which was pretty cool. It would be great if the kitchen had a hob we could use, but I think that is my only criticism. I don't think I'd even consider staying anywhere else in San Sebastian!

David is a legend and made a real effort to make our stay great. Beds are very comfy. The place is kept clean. Relaxed easy vibe. Would come straight back here to stay and recommend it.

• 9th Sep 2014

This hostel made San Sebastian all the more enjoyable. The atmosphere was great largely due to the awesome owner David. felt like I was at home and even stayed an extra night. Highly recommended.

Beautiful apartment style hostel. Very small so great for meeting others. Very clean and has a homely feel. I had a great time here!

This was honestly the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Aritz welcomed us warmly and introduced us to all of the guests staying there at the time so that we could become comfortable with each other. The hostel was very clean and well lit. It was awesome to have so many surfboards and wetsuits available in the back hangout area as well. This felt more like a house than a hostel and I felt very at home. I would love to go back to this hostel one day. It made my stay in San Sebastián amazing!

This was one of my favourite hostels. It felt more like a share house with friends than a hostel. Awesome vibe, easy to meet people and you are only a minute walk from the surf beach....old town is only a quick stumble home as well. I will definitely stay here next time I am in San Seb.

Great hostel! Staff were super freindly! 2 min walk to the the beach and the waves were pumping! Will be back!

I stayed here at the end of August. This was an awesome hostel. Felt like I was at home. Highly recommend. Great location and dudes that run it are great.

Excellent hostel with great location, great kitchen facilities and a cool hang out area. There's a Carrefour next door so you can keep your costs at minimum too. Location is amazing, 5 min from the beach and 15 min walk from the center. I found the price somewhat high comparing to other places in Spain, but it seems normal for San Sebastian.

Really goof and friendly hostel. It's new and near the beach. The owners are surfers and they are happy to share with you their passion. Aritz one of the owners is really friendly and helpful and enjoyed showing his city with other locals. If I have to find one negative point: there's only one bathroom for everybody. Sometimes during the rush hours, you've to wait your turn

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Can not fault this place! Super clean and close to everything. Vibe is chilled out, intimate and everyone is super friendly!! :)

• 26th Jul 2014

I've travelled a fair bit if the world and definitely one of the best hostels I've been to! Location is perfect, it's new and modern and the staff not only tell you what's going on and where to go but also invite you out to see the real san seb!! Defo will go back!!

• 26th Jul 2014

big thanks to aritz and david the two local owners . perfect week in paradise, two minutes from the waves all the gear and such a good layout . run by a cupla lads !! - kyle.w AUS

• 23rd Jul 2014