Surfing Etxea Reviews

C/ Zabaleta Nº32. Principal derecha, 1, San Sebastian, Spain

- nice - nice - nice -

Great facilities, very clean, good atmosphere. Location is very close to the beaches and old town, had a very relaxing stay here.

Perfect Hostel to stay at in San Sebastián. Close to the surf and Old Town. It's kind of like an apartment turned into a Hostel, so it's small but really personal experience getting to know everyone. The staff were also very friendly and helpful, always with a smile!.. Highly recommend a stay here.

Great place. Small and really friendly. Very clean, great location. Would definitely recommend

Hi there we are glad to hear about that. Thanks for the information. Hope to see u again. Nice greets Surfing Etxea

It's difficult to find the hostel, and once I arrived, there wasn't any member of staff present to check me in. I ended up waiting about an hour. The staff was friendly and helpful when I did interact with them, though. For the price of this place, honestly, the facilities were disappointing. 2 bathrooms to be shared by everyone... my six bed dorm was really a nine bed dorm... wifi was spotty...breakfast was basic and wasn't ready when they said.

This may probably have been my favorite hostel experience! The location is honestly steps away from the beach and a 10 minute walk to old town. The beds are super comfy and the entire place is bright, people are laid back and friendly. Staff was super cool. I think experience could've been improved if they actually had a set calendar or agenda of activities for the day. They're super willing to put things together but I feel like sometimes they never materialized.

Hi There, We are glad to hear about that. Thanks for giving us this information/ positive comment and the idea about a schedule. Hope u enjoyed the whole trip and see u again. Nice greets, Surfing Etxea

Best hostel I have stayed in! Great staff, cleaned everyday and awesome atmosphere. Best location I will defiantly be back. Instructing on getting to the hostel need to be updated though.

Great crew, very friendly and helpful! The hostel was clean and and a nice terrace.

We had a lovely stay at surfing extea. The hostel was really well situated (2 steps from the beach!). The staff was really nice and friendly. The hostel was clean and cosy. The reality matches the pictures on the website. The hostel is pretty small (3 rooms) so it makes it easy to know everyone and to organise activities together. They have surfing equipment available and they have special offers for surfing lessons. I will definitely recommend this hostel!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Surfing etxea is definitely one of the best hostels we've ever stayed at! Has a great atmosphere and is small so you can get to know everyone well. Luis was great, always willing to help us out, and would take us out for drinks and pintxos almost every night. The location was perfect, right next to the beach. All the rooms and facilities were really good, and kept clean. Overall an amazing hostel, we will definitely stay here again when we come back to San Sebastián!!

Great hostel with great staff. I really enjoyed my stay there!

The atmosphere of this hostel was absolutely awesome, slightly overwhelming when I first got there and everyone was partying in the hostel but it feels like more of a shared house with friends rather than a hostel. It was super close to the beach which was awesome and a short walk to the old town. They need to figure out a better system for their bathrooms as there are only two for the whole hostel. Overall I loved San Sebastián and I'll definitely be back to this hostel.

Such a relaxed vibe at surfing Etxea with really friendly and accomodating staff. Very homey feel - felt like a big share house rather than a hostel :) would only suggest lockers in the dorms as there were none in the second hostel. Other than that, would definitely stay there again!

Great location- two blocks from the beach. Staff was very helpful. They tell you where all the good sights, restaurants, and bars are. Also two very cool guys. I would definitely come back!

Surfing Etxea is a great hostel! The staff are very friendly and helpful and have great recommendations of things to do and see. Although the rooms and the hostel itself is quite small, there is a great vibe, and people hang out and talk to each other in the common spaces. There are only two bathrooms, each with a toilet and shower, so sometimes you do have to wait in a queue to use them. The security is good, you have a key to access the building, one for the hostel and another for your locker.

Only 2 Bathrooms in the whole hostel. Water boiler did not work. Bathrooms were dirty

Amazing hostel !!! Felt like i was living at home, loved it so much we extended our stay. Downside is no cooking in the kitchen and showers are warm. Would still recommend to everyone to stay here !!

I really loved the place and the other travelers were just awesome! The location is perfect when you want to go surfing, but also the old city isn't that far. Hostel was very clean.. But a negative point about that is that you are not allowed to cook! The kitchen is perfect but you just can't because the hostel owner is afraid it get's dirty.. He freaked out when we left some cans in the kitchen and I thought it was a bit weird you're not allowed to sit in the common area after midnight.

Fantastic hostel. Extremely chill city and the hostel compliments that perfectly. Just a killer vibe, owners are incredible. Will certainly be back.

Super awesome vibes at this hostel. Great staff and great travelers as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3