Surfing Etxea Reviews

C/ Zabaleta Nº32. Principal derecha, 1, San Sebastian, Spain

%100 best hostel I've ever stayed in. Beautiful atmosphere. Best location. And the Staff are absolutely beautiful! Super helpful and friendly. Was so devestated I had to leave!

• 10th Aug 2015

one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great atmosphere, awesome staff, amazing city!

awesome hostel! such a great crew, friendly and helpful! Perfect location for beach and pinchos (especially €2 drink and pinchos Thursdays). really great atmosphere to meet people and have a ball! wifi average in one half of hostel and only two bathrooms so can be a wait for showers after beach but such great vibes here. late breakfast and checkout so helpful. bit of a walk from bus and train, make sure you have directions as no big sign. no drinking allowed but park nearby where you can.

The staff and the location of the hostel is really great. But you also have to know that the rules are very strict: You are on video surveillance 24h (in the commun area) You are not allowed to drink any alcohol in the hostel You are not allowed to cook (but you can use the oven and microwave) Your are not allowed to shower after check out ( so no day at the beach before leaving) You have to tell your exact arriving time, cause the reception is poorly occupied

Hello Anja, First of all thank you in advance to give us your opinion. It is very important for us to have the reviews of our guest to improve everyday. Regarding of the surveillance we only have cameras on the common areas. We believe that if something bad happens or unfortunately someone tries to steal we have to be able to resolve the problem mainly for our guests. Also that fact goes related with the alcohol because we had some problems with drunk people. Surfing Etxea Staff

Meet amazing people here the staff are really friendly the place is really clean The beds are really comfortable

Everyone who runs the place is super cool and like to talk and give advice about the city. Good vibes for sure and a good mix of people in the hostel but enough space in the rooms as well. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Five min walk to parte vieja and two blocks to la zurriola. Only bummer was the cancelled stand up paddle tour :/ Other than that it was a really cool place. And delicious bread for breakfast

Amazing location super close to the beach and only a short walk to the old town. The staff were awesome - proving great tips to everyone and offering different activities. Would definitely recommend to friends.

The atmosphere in this hostel is great. The staff is very helpfull and keen to show you around town, go out and bring you to the best places. The owners themselves take you out for a surfing trip and they're all just very friendly. Because it's a rather small hostel you meet everyone and make friends very easily. The hostel is in a nice building right off the surfing beach! Free breakfast included as well. Just 1 thing: there aren't that many showers and toilets (just 2 for 18 beds). RECOMMANDED

- nice - nice - nice -

Great facilities, very clean, good atmosphere. Location is very close to the beaches and old town, had a very relaxing stay here.

Great location close to the beach! Friendly staff, met great people . Thins to be aware of: at the time no cooking was permitted (but then again why would you cook in the capital of Pintxos...) and the 6bed room we booked had a connected (no door) 3bed room. Two additional guests were furthermore put in the room for 3 nights with no specific explanation to the guests already present, which I personally thought was too crowded and should have been at least clarified somewhat.

Perfect Hostel to stay at in San Sebastián. Close to the surf and Old Town. It's kind of like an apartment turned into a Hostel, so it's small but really personal experience getting to know everyone. The staff were also very friendly and helpful, always with a smile!.. Highly recommend a stay here.

Great place. Small and really friendly. Very clean, great location. Would definitely recommend

Hi there we are glad to hear about that. Thanks for the information. Hope to see u again. Nice greets Surfing Etxea

It's difficult to find the hostel, and once I arrived, there wasn't any member of staff present to check me in. I ended up waiting about an hour. The staff was friendly and helpful when I did interact with them, though. For the price of this place, honestly, the facilities were disappointing. 2 bathrooms to be shared by everyone... my six bed dorm was really a nine bed dorm... wifi was spotty...breakfast was basic and wasn't ready when they said.

This may probably have been my favorite hostel experience! The location is honestly steps away from the beach and a 10 minute walk to old town. The beds are super comfy and the entire place is bright, people are laid back and friendly. Staff was super cool. I think experience could've been improved if they actually had a set calendar or agenda of activities for the day. They're super willing to put things together but I feel like sometimes they never materialized.

Hi There, We are glad to hear about that. Thanks for giving us this information/ positive comment and the idea about a schedule. Hope u enjoyed the whole trip and see u again. Nice greets, Surfing Etxea

Best hostel I have stayed in! Great staff, cleaned everyday and awesome atmosphere. Best location I will defiantly be back. Instructing on getting to the hostel need to be updated though.

Great crew, very friendly and helpful! The hostel was clean and and a nice terrace.

We had a lovely stay at surfing extea. The hostel was really well situated (2 steps from the beach!). The staff was really nice and friendly. The hostel was clean and cosy. The reality matches the pictures on the website. The hostel is pretty small (3 rooms) so it makes it easy to know everyone and to organise activities together. They have surfing equipment available and they have special offers for surfing lessons. I will definitely recommend this hostel!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Surfing etxea is definitely one of the best hostels we've ever stayed at! Has a great atmosphere and is small so you can get to know everyone well. Luis was great, always willing to help us out, and would take us out for drinks and pintxos almost every night. The location was perfect, right next to the beach. All the rooms and facilities were really good, and kept clean. Overall an amazing hostel, we will definitely stay here again when we come back to San Sebastián!!

Great hostel with great staff. I really enjoyed my stay there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3