Surfside Bondi Beach Backpackers Reviews

35a Hall St, Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia

If you're looking for an extremely rude manager of a hostel, this hostel is perfect for you! The icing on the cake was when I checked out and the manager didn't even say 'thank you' or 'enjoy your trip'! It's also a good place to stay if you want to feel like you're back at school and unable to enjoy yourself. If you sneeze too loud the manager will be letting you know! However all other members of staff are lovely. Expensive prices. Nobody staying there due to season. Pretty poor overall. 3/10

Probably the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Cockroaches around the bed and flys all around the room. Worst thing about the place was the staff on the front desk - poor attitude and the most miserable people I've ever met.

• 7th Jun 2014

Our room had lots of cockroachs bondi has lots of cockroachs but this was terrible! I got utter cheek off the staff (he thinks he's better than every1 u work in a hostel u idiot &to be told cockroachs are not dirty they just like to live in dirty places (so yeah your hostel dirty). Next night I found 1 in my bed!!! The cleaners just flung all my belongings about to clean the floor, Toilets & showers are disgusting, the young girls never change the bottom sheets I watched them doing it a few time

• 19th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Extremely rude staff, extremely dirty rooms.

• 16th Mar 2014

Staff was rude and unhelpful. I found cockroaches in my bedroom and another resident whom I did not know snuck into my room at night without welcome.

No aircon, no free wifi and no free linen!!! Otherwise it is close to bondi beach and bondi rd for clubbing, thats all.

The dorms are extremely small, the entire hostel is very dirty and spotted cockroaches in the kitchen. The staff is not very friendly nor helpful.