Surfside Bondi Beach Backpackers Reviews

35a Hall St, Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia

The manager was very rude. Hostel is not tidy but have surfboards etc which is great. Bathrooms are disgusting and alway ran out of loo roll

• 8th Feb 2015

Staff very friendly and helpful, but rooms were disgusting, dirty, hot. The bathrooms were even worse. They need a regular cleaning person. World not recommend because of sleeping quarters and bathrooms.

A bit annoying with the security. Outer door unlocked more often than not. Local bumish type hanging about all the time mixing in sleeping in the common area without getting a room. Kinda creepy dude with an attitude when drinking, all over the girls.

• 16th Jan 2015

THIS HOSTEL IS A DIRTY MESS AND EXTREMELY UNORGANISED. I called up to change my booking from a 3 person room to a 4 person room, it took weeks for them to fix the booking & I had to call them almost everyday for about 3 weeks to get it done. We were not in the main hostel but in another location called the Lamrock Lodge, this place was terrible the man at reception was creepy and couldn't understand anything we were saying, on top of this our rooms were infested with cockroaches.

Would not recommend this hostel to my enemies. I was extremely displeased with the poor service that I received, particularly by the owner. The rooms and washrooms were never clean and the reception desk was rarely open. If it weren't for the location of the free surfboards this would likely be the worst hostel in the city. They charge for lockers, wifi (doesn't work) and just about every other little fee you could think of and then some. Stay clear folks

• 3rd Jan 2015

The hostel had very poor cleanliness with bed bugs in our room which caused horrible bites to myself and my room mate. The rooms are also very hot with poor ventilation and horrible, small bathrooms.

Perfect location, near the beach and shops,

• 26th Nov 2014

I did get shifted to another location but the manager handled it really well and did great job!

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

for 37$ we got a tiny room for 10 without AC and a broken fan. the owners take 30$ deposit and only give back 27$, he says that he take 3$ for a cleaner and the place was dirty even then! they say there is a free WIFI.. you get on check in two 30 minutes buns and after your done with it you need to pay for more. the owner try to bribe you to write good review on facebook for some more free WIFI. "free breakfast" is only cereal, you need to bring your own milk. DONT GO THERE!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Israel

I went there for a night, pretty nasty. The room was a COMPLETE mess and the hallways had not been vacuum properly, trash cans out everywhere. A girl puked in the woman toilet at like 10 pm and it stayed there until the morning - and there is only 2 toilets for all the girls so... At the check-out, they keep 3$ out of your deposit for "sheets cleaning".. as if this is not included in the price of a room when your bed is already made?

Arrived at the hostel and was greeted with a warm welcome and given access to free WiFi. I was also accommodated well considering I had injured my arm in a bike accident in Thailand. Everyone was friendly and full of energy and the facilities were clean. Place is in an ideal location in bondi and has an array oflocal restaurants and bars. Brilliant stay at a fantastic hostel. Thanks guys

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Wales

Really good location, clean rooms and comfortable beds. Would definetly recommend to stay here if you're in bondi!

• 2nd Sep 2014