Surfside Coogee Beach Backpackers Reviews

186 Arden Street, Coogee, Sydney, Australia

It's a backpacker party hostel. The location is awesome , very good bus connections. Don't stay if you want a quiet night. I met awesome people there and had a great weekend.

DO NOT STAY HERE!! Without doubt the dirtiest hostel i have ever stayed in (even in developing countries we had not seen anything like it: layers of dirt in the bathroom, really grimy sinks, with puddles of stagnant water on the floor due to the drains not working properly. There is no way the bedrooms can get cleaned regularly as the floors are hardly visible due to so much rubbish.Tiny, dirty kitchen, not big enough at all for the amount of guests. Only positive was the location next the beach

• 4th Apr 2015

I am happy suprised about this place. Good vibes, great location and friendly staff. I was staying in 6-bed female dormitory and this room is top! Totally recommend this hostel to everyone.

Pretty average for a hostel. We really liked the walk in fridge, large kitchen, and balconies. The room we were in didn't have a door handle... also the beds are missing some bottom slats so you tend to sink through if you're on a top bunk. Also it would help if their were hooks on the doors in the bathroom to hang towels or clothes while you shower or change.

Very dirty guesthouse. To be avoided!

I would not recommend this hostel to my worst enemy. Disgusting and unclean. Sleeping on the beach would of been a much better option. This place needs to be inspected and shut down.

• 28th Feb 2015

Really friendly staff. Very helpful, thank you.

It's rather pricey for how dirty it is, there's cockroaches everywhere, which I found to be quite common in Australia, but they were everywhere. No a/c it was super steamy. Fun atmosphere Tho we met some cool people and it was right across from a beautiful beach and close to some restaurants and shops. Great spot to crash, u really don't need to spend too much time in the hostel anyway with the beach right there. I would stay again cuz of the location.

Being an international client, a need for a shuttle bus to and from the airport, would have me recommend my colleagues and networking partners or families to consider your hotel for their next holiday. You can incorporate the cost of into your hotel room fares because the taxi fare for an individual or a group is very expensive and varies from taxi to taxi. Public Transport was very convenient. and I did enjoy my stay there!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Papua New Guinea

Was robbed of my deposit

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

The Location is directly on the beach and you have a nice view. But the Hostel isn't the cleanest, the kitchen ist too small for so much people and the rooms are without air conditionor. The Price is to expensive for what they offer. Further there is no possibility to dry your clothes purely with the dryer for 4 Dollars

• 8th Jan 2015

We stayed for 2 nights here andThe rooms were dirty and the bathrooms even worse and we had to chase after about 10 cockroaches, it smelled really bad and it was so hot with no fan, no aircon and just a small window toward a closed backyard with no breeze, with 12 people in a dorm this was unbearable. I read a few reviews before which seemed good but found out at check in that if you write a good recommendation you get free wifi....

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

When we arrived there, we were told that they had just sold our beds...we didn't actually get to stay there!! I could see that the hostel was filthy, but did have a nice beachside location. Also, the website clearly states there is free parking at the hostel - this is a lie! There is 4 hour public parking close by, but you would need to move the car every 4 hours and trying to get a space is nearly impossible. Overall, the worst hostel experience!

it need to be closed down,!!!