Surfside Coogee Beach Backpackers Reviews

186 Arden Street, Coogee, Sydney, Australia

I am happy suprised about this place. Good vibes, great location and friendly staff. I was staying in 6-bed female dormitory and this room is top! Totally recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Poland

Pretty average for a hostel. We really liked the walk in fridge, large kitchen, and balconies. The room we were in didn't have a door handle... also the beds are missing some bottom slats so you tend to sink through if you're on a top bunk. Also it would help if their were hooks on the doors in the bathroom to hang towels or clothes while you shower or change.

• 16th Mar 2015

Very dirty guesthouse. To be avoided!

I would not recommend this hostel to my worst enemy. Disgusting and unclean. Sleeping on the beach would of been a much better option. This place needs to be inspected and shut down.

• 28th Feb 2015

Really friendly staff. Very helpful, thank you.

Being an international client, a need for a shuttle bus to and from the airport, would have me recommend my colleagues and networking partners or families to consider your hotel for their next holiday. You can incorporate the cost of into your hotel room fares because the taxi fare for an individual or a group is very expensive and varies from taxi to taxi. Public Transport was very convenient. and I did enjoy my stay there!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Papua New Guinea

Was robbed of my deposit

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

The Location is directly on the beach and you have a nice view. But the Hostel isn't the cleanest, the kitchen ist too small for so much people and the rooms are without air conditionor. The Price is to expensive for what they offer. Further there is no possibility to dry your clothes purely with the dryer for 4 Dollars

• 8th Jan 2015

We stayed for 2 nights here andThe rooms were dirty and the bathrooms even worse and we had to chase after about 10 cockroaches, it smelled really bad and it was so hot with no fan, no aircon and just a small window toward a closed backyard with no breeze, with 12 people in a dorm this was unbearable. I read a few reviews before which seemed good but found out at check in that if you write a good recommendation you get free wifi....

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

When we arrived there, we were told that they had just sold our beds...we didn't actually get to stay there!! I could see that the hostel was filthy, but did have a nice beachside location. Also, the website clearly states there is free parking at the hostel - this is a lie! There is 4 hour public parking close by, but you would need to move the car every 4 hours and trying to get a space is nearly impossible. Overall, the worst hostel experience!

it need to be closed down,!!!

The hostel was a mess,,, no staff to clean it stunk,, 22 people in a 10 bed dorm..

This hostel has been the worse I've ever been to. Its filthy, fire hazards everywhere, people smoking cannibas, the ladies toilets/showers were disgusting and flooded, I was told they were always flooded so it wasn't a one off. I had booked a superior 6 bed dorm for me and my friend but they had put us in an 8 bed filthy dorm , I was also told my bed was already taken! They couldn't accommodate our booking so we had to sleep in the car. I have emailed the manager asking for a full refund.

The best thing that can be said for surf side coogee is that it's right across the street from the beach. Other than that, the bathrooms are disgusting, flooded and smell like an armpit. The kitchen is extremely limited so you can eat cereal and bread and that's it. Also beware of excellent reviews because they give free internet to whoever rates them well.

• 27th Dec 2014

The hostel was not so good. The rooms where a mees. The only thing where the owner can think about is money. But the people who stayed there were amazing i make a lot new friends. Location is also super.

• 26th Dec 2014

Genuinely the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Including Cambodia and Laos where they have no money. The staff who work behind the counter are just unhelpful and rude and if it wasn't for the location this place would have gone out of business a long time ago. Avoid at all costs

My buddy and I stayed here for 3 nights, actually we didn't even stay the third night, we just wanted to get out of there. Don't book more than one night without staying there first, bad idea. It was so dirty and loud with no space to put our things. I slept one night with all my bags on my bed because there was barely room to walk. The bathrooms are the worst! I only met one of the staff members (I forget her name) she was sweet and helpful but other than that, nada!

This was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in and I've stayed in many. Really bad overall experience: disgusting bathrooms, unfriendly and unhelpful staff, unclean kitchen with cockroaches and reckless visitors who party every night all night long with noise that makes it impossible to sleep for others.

Love this place. Perfect location next to the best beaches of Sydney. Every night smashing it

• 16th Dec 2014

Perfect location on the beach front, comfy beds we got to stay in a double too which was lovely! Pans in kitchen are abit rubbish no chance of frying an egg as everything sticks and electric hobs take forever to get hot. As a couple everyone was really friendly and accomodating daniella was awesome. The lack of wifi is a downfall even the codes did not work. The 3 aud taken for washing bed sheets is also the reason i wont rate higher. No hot water in bathroom taps either but we enjoyed our stay