Surfside Coogee Beach Backpackers Reviews

186 Arden Street, Coogee, Sydney, Australia

Amazing location, reel friendly staff:) other than that its pretty average. Overall i have seen better but the beach is right across thestreet so if you are just looking tochill for a couple days its fine if you want more going on..maybe not.

This hostel was poorly run, check in is not available at times you would expect to be able to check in, staff were rude and unhelpful, extra charges were added for sheets after booking with hostel world which felt like a very check way of charging more. The general cleanliness and functionality of facilities was low. I have stayed at many hostels around the world and this was easily the worst.

• 6th Nov 2015

I've never been so scared to stay in a hostel. Done my fair bit of traveling all over the world. HAnds down the dirtiest, unkept, most sketchy place I've ever stayed in. Staff was completely unprofessional, male that greeted me at the door was drunk, grumpy. Receptionist was grumpy. Opened the room I was staying in only to find Gehrig Drunk man making my bed. Room common areas had dishes everywhere. It looked like a frat party happened in a crackhouse. Would never recommend this to anyone.

• 5th Nov 2015

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights after landing in Australia. Our room was absolutely FILTHY. We were in a women's dorm room, but there were other travellers living in that room for up to 9 months. Needless to say, everyone else's belongings were everywhere, the washroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months, and people were freely walking in and out out our room, even if they were not staying in our dorm. Beautiful location, but not worth staying at this hostel for it.

very very dirty. one of the housekeepers got so drunk in the middle of his shift that he passed out and peed on our couch. he was not fired or even suspended. also overheard him telling another employee that he is not paid enough to clean the bathrooms.

This place was pretty dirty, no lockers or anything and tiny rooms. The 'free wifi' is like 2 hours free wifi for your entire stay and it doesn't even work. I'm glad I'd only booked one night as I could leave without a fuss. Rates have since gone up so you may as well stay somewhere decent in the city centre like Bounce.

Very good, checked out late but they were cool about it, defiantly recommend

• 23rd Sep 2015

staff were very nice and helpful. Having two locations, one in Coogee and one in Bondi made it easy to go between both. they have good deals with tourist activities and phones. other guest were rowdy but friendly but you don't have to be apart of it. overall a happy stay at surfside.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

My stay was absolutely amazing! I've already recommended it to people!

• 4th Aug 2015