Surfside Coogee Beach Backpackers Reviews

186 Arden Street, Coogee, Sydney, Australia

The guy at the reception is a proper chav. They take $30 deposit. When I left he gave it back minus a few dollars. I asked why, he replied "we offer 30min free internet". Couldn't believe how stupid this guy was. I nicely explained that i didn't use their internet, anyway he can't call that "offering" for he charges for it. He simply replied "i suppose". This guy seemed pretty dumb to me. Just not very necesary to try to get a few more bucks in a cheeky way.

• 8th Nov 2014

They didnt accept my booking trough hostelworld

• 5th Nov 2014

One of the rooms had no lock on the door, they fixed it within a day or so but i think it shouldve been more of a priority seeing as tho there are no lockers. You get two free 30 mins of internet when you have to buy the bed sheets. Thats annoying when there are better deals nearby with wifi included. No milk with the free cereal. So there really isnt a free breakfast. However, id highly recommend if you want to stay in Coogee.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Nice location.the hostel is just facing the sea. Good atmosphere. Not the cleanest hostel i ve been

I did land up extending my stay , and even though there are no actual photos which put me off to begin with , the place turned out to be surprisingly alright. Was kind of annoying they advertise free wifi when it's not free at all you have to pay. But other than that it was lovely and the people were pretty chill. Love being right across the beach ! And such a good location for some bars and food. Btw only saw one cockroach the whole time thank The Lord!!!

Place to be. Wonderful view and great location! Had a great time ;)

I had a great time here