Surfside Coogee Beach Backpackers

Good 499 Total Reviews

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
16th Feb 2017
7.1

Chilled hostel in a great location. Lots of long term residents but they were all fun to be around! The staff were super friendly and helpful and really helped my mate and I out when we thought we were gonna be street sleeping 😂 Getting on and off top bunk without a ladder made for a few laughs every morning and evening! I'd defiantly stay again if I'm ever back in Sydney. Coogee was a nice area away from city madness.

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
10th Feb 2017
5.1

Not very clean, too much noise the night and the kitchen and share space are too small

• Australia, Female, 25-30
26th Jan 2017
6.0

Didn't enjoy my stay. Location is ideal but staff and facilities are average. The after hours staff had no idea how to check us in. The bunk beds weren't very stable, I wouldn't be surprised if they fell down on someone.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Jan 2017

Very nice friendly staff. Best location right in front of the beach. Not the cleanest but very cheap so can't expect the best.

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017
6.3

It's a shame about the hygien and the bed bug infestation. The security is poor although because everyone is so made back it's very low risk. It is the dirtiest hostel I have stayed in and I have bites all over me it very disgusting.

• USA, Female, 25-30
28th Dec 2016
3.1

This was by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I booked a 6 bed female dorm. When I arrived my bed was 1 bunk bed in the middle of a common area which was shared between 18 girls. I was woken up every hour of the night by 1 of the 18 girls coming into the room. The bathroom was filthy. There was no AC. I found a cockroach by my belongings. The reception is closed more then it is open. The staff is very unfriendly. The ONLY good thing about this place is the location. DONT STAY HERE!!!!