Surfside Coogee Beach Backpackers Reviews

186 Arden Street, Coogee, Sydney, Australia

I had a great time here

Quite a good hostel to just party. Having the beach and all the bars, cafés and restaurants close by it located .So for lunch you have to prepare it the day before or manage to get your stuff to cook before they close the reception - quite annoying. Moreover, bed bugs. Not really complaining about that but more about how they managed to get rid of them - by doing nothing. Letting me change the room wasn't a solution at all. Facilities are ok

• 8th Apr 2014

We have never been treated so rudely or experienced anything like we did at this hostel. Our deposit wasn't taken off the balance and then we were threatened with having to pay over and above what we were meant to. We've stayed in heaps of hostels all through Europe and made changes to our bookings with no issue so no idea why this place thinks it can treat people like that. Would never stay again.

It says on hostel world there is free parking.....there isn't, the staff were nice enough but the general feel to the place was to try and get as much money off you that they can, a huge amount of rules and fines for the most petty things, the atmosphere is not good unless you like to drink far too much and act like a kid, will not stay here again.

I left the hostel at 1:30 am with a cab and had to spend the rest of the night at the central station. everybody around me was drunk. the manager or owner couldn´t be found. I decided to leave when my drunk roommates started to open my suitcase. don´t go to that place!! it´s a mess! Spend your money on something else!!

• 1st Mar 2014

Stayed here during mardi gras so it was hard to find accommodation somewhere else. We payed for a six bed share and got placed in a corridor where people came and went all night, there was one guy sleeping on the sofa and it was very dirty! The hostel had about 100 guests, one kitchen which barely could be used. Almost no place to sit and eat. Very crowded and very weird people! Dirty! The worst stay so far during my trip in Australia.

Over priced for what you get, small rooms packed full and despite payin $37 a night found out I had to share a bed. Some staff were lovely and helpful but others just complained that they were over worked and didn't want to help, not really what you expect when it is that expensive . Nice size though and great location

• 26th Feb 2014