Surfside Coogee Beach Backpackers Reviews

186 Arden Street, Coogee, Sydney, Australia

My stay was absolutely amazing! I've already recommended it to people!

• 4th Aug 2015

It's a backpacker party hostel. The location is awesome , very good bus connections. Don't stay if you want a quiet night. I met awesome people there and had a great weekend.

DO NOT STAY HERE!! Without doubt the dirtiest hostel i have ever stayed in (even in developing countries we had not seen anything like it: layers of dirt in the bathroom, really grimy sinks, with puddles of stagnant water on the floor due to the drains not working properly. There is no way the bedrooms can get cleaned regularly as the floors are hardly visible due to so much rubbish.Tiny, dirty kitchen, not big enough at all for the amount of guests. Only positive was the location next the beach

• 4th Apr 2015

I am happy suprised about this place. Good vibes, great location and friendly staff. I was staying in 6-bed female dormitory and this room is top! Totally recommend this hostel to everyone.

Pretty average for a hostel. We really liked the walk in fridge, large kitchen, and balconies. The room we were in didn't have a door handle... also the beds are missing some bottom slats so you tend to sink through if you're on a top bunk. Also it would help if their were hooks on the doors in the bathroom to hang towels or clothes while you shower or change.

Very dirty guesthouse. To be avoided!

I would not recommend this hostel to my worst enemy. Disgusting and unclean. Sleeping on the beach would of been a much better option. This place needs to be inspected and shut down.

• 28th Feb 2015