Surfside Coogee Beach Backpackers

Good 496 Total Reviews

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
16th Feb 2017
7.1

Chilled hostel in a great location. Lots of long term residents but they were all fun to be around! The staff were super friendly and helpful and really helped my mate and I out when we thought we were gonna be street sleeping 😂 Getting on and off top bunk without a ladder made for a few laughs every morning and evening! I'd defiantly stay again if I'm ever back in Sydney. Coogee was a nice area away from city madness.

• Belgium, Male, 18-24
10th Feb 2017
5.1

Not very clean, too much noise the night and the kitchen and share space are too small

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Jan 2017

Very nice friendly staff. Best location right in front of the beach. Not the cleanest but very cheap so can't expect the best.

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2017
6.3

It's a shame about the hygien and the bed bug infestation. The security is poor although because everyone is so made back it's very low risk. It is the dirtiest hostel I have stayed in and I have bites all over me it very disgusting.

• USA, Female, 25-30
28th Dec 2016
3.1

This was by far the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. I booked a 6 bed female dorm. When I arrived my bed was 1 bunk bed in the middle of a common area which was shared between 18 girls. I was woken up every hour of the night by 1 of the 18 girls coming into the room. The bathroom was filthy. There was no AC. I found a cockroach by my belongings. The reception is closed more then it is open. The staff is very unfriendly. The ONLY good thing about this place is the location. DONT STAY HERE!!!!

• England, Male, 18-24
20th Dec 2016

Had a really good stay here over Christmas, good for meeting people the location is great and the staff are really chatty. It's not the cleanest of places but you can't knock their efforts it's cleaned daily. The place doesn't deserve its hostel world rating. Although $3 for 1 hour wifi is ridiculous but you don't need it. Kitchen is well equipped but very small but it is a small hostel. Defiantly recommend!

18th Dec 2016
7.1

Super ideal location right next to the beach, the hostel has everything you need. I enjoyed my stay!

THANKS! :)

• England, Male, 18-24
26th Nov 2016
4.3

Pretty much a dump. Stay here for no more than a couple of nights if you want to check out Coogee/Bondi - the location looking right over Coogee Beach is great. Aside from that the staff were very grumpy, the place was dirty af, no air con, a lot of things broken or falling apart etc. Fairly cheap, but it would have to be for what you're paying for o_o

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
25th Nov 2016
5.4

On the website says Free Breakfast , but didn't have any (not sure if I would eat there anyway). The all place stinks and was very dirty. Great location.