SurftoLive House Reviews

Calle Cayuso 33, Somo, Santander, Santander, Spain

The staff was very very nice and always helpful and lovely. There´s no kitchen but the owner is a very good cook and the prices are ok for the meals at the hostel. Also you can grab some foo in town from the supermarket. If you surf you will really love the hostel and people, its all about surfing. Its a very nice atmosphere, sometimes its helpful to know italian ;-)

• 20th Jul 2014

Very nice atmosphere, nice people and clean rooms! We had dinner with the staff and the other people who stayed in the hostel and in the evening we played cards together! I would stay there again, it was a lot of fun!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Austria

Had an amazing stay, everything you need to enjoy the surf in Some. Don't miss the dinners they are incredible!

Booked one night online, ended up staying a second night once there. Great atmosphere, board rentals on site, staff can arrange lessons if req'd (not sure quality of these, but the surfer who gives most the lessons is pretty good, so assuming the lessons are at least half-decent). Staff was really friendly. Building is a bit run down but the staff keep it near-spotless. Downside is no kitchen facilities.

One of the best places I have stayed to date. This surf house is perfect if you are a surfer as good as Dane Reynolds, or still a grom. I only stayed there for two days but I left feeling like I was leaving my family. They were SO damn nice and accommodating. I could have stayed there for a few months. The only drawback is that there is no access to the kitchen. I would recommend this to anyone who wants have a great time.

There are ups and downs to this place. It is a major hassle to get to - it is in Somo, not on the mainland and you have to get a boat from santander which takes about 20 minutes, and then there's a bit of walk, BUT, the beaches in Somo are deserted and stunning, much nicer than the city beaches on the mainland. Also much better if you're looking to surf, the hostel has equipment. Facilities are fine and clean, staff nice.

A surf house located in the quiet town of Somo, 25 minutes driving distance from Santander. The staff was right and polite. The prices for the surf course are very high but if you already can surf you just can rent a surfboard and a wetsuit for only 15 euros. The guests are mainly italians and the hostel itself is managed by italians. The pros are: 10 minutes walking distance from the shore, the breakfast included, the surf videos. The cons are: too far away, no kitchen availability. But good!!

Fun, relaxed hostel in a beautiful part of Spain. Its set up as a surf hostel so its a greatplace if you like the beach and surfing. Could do with more bathrooms when the hostel is full. No kitchen facilities but you are welcome to bring your food.

Cool little hostel in Somo. This is a 30 minute drive or a 25min ferry ride out of Santander. A beachy town. The hostel was laid back and great for chilling out. The staff were helpful and friendly. Especially a great place to stay if you are in to surfing. The directions to find the place are hard to follow - ended up driving around town for an hour. However if you speak spanish it would be fine.

Best hostel I have been to and the most friendly staff. My only regret is that I never went to this hostel sooner! I have never been to the same hostel twice but am sure I will visit Surftolive again in the near future.

• 12th May 2012
  • Wales

Great hostel!

I had a very nice stay here. I spent 3 nights with these wonderful people. The owners are so so nice and welcoming. They are very personable, meaning that as soon as I walked in and they indtroduced themselves and shook my hand and made me feel at home. I would highly recommend surftolive. (Also the location is great!! So close to the beach and the surrounding area is beautiful!!)

Great place to stay and surf. A short walk to a fantastic beach break and a great selection of short boards to hire at the hostel.

nice place, nice people (-;

The staff were super friendly and helpful!! I had an awesome time!

Amazing. Great staff.

Grotty and hopeless staff- there was no one to check us in! My biggest gripe is that they have the nerve to charge roughly £30 each for staying here! Its a complete rip off and they should only have the decency to charge £12-£15 a night at the very most. It feels more like somebodys house than a hostel- and not a very nice one at that! Avoid.

Excellent hostel. The staff and fellow travellers were extremely friendly and welcoming. Very clean.

great place to stay! very friendly people. could not be better!

Fantastic and friendly hosts, great location for a relaxing weekend, but near enough to the beach, Somo centre to walk. Clean and comfortable and good breakfast :). Hope to go back soon to see Fernanda and Riccy (and the cat and the bear!) Hopefully I´ll get to surf next time!!