Surprise Backpackers Reviews

110 Vauxhall bridge Road, London, London, England

I want to visit again for my next London trip.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

This was the worst hostel I have ever been in. I have been in quite a lot hostels in London, all over Europe and America. The hostel just has 1 communal room, a kitchen. Everything in it is broken and it is totally dirty. I have even seen a MOUSE in there and there was overall poop from the mouse. The showers where full of mold and hairs and they were so hot you could barely take a shower. The rooms are really small and they have 3 story bunk beds in them and they were also quite dirty.

The room was very small, less than 10m2 for 6 people, and the matresses very old. It's just a bed in the centre of London for a good price, but nothing more than that. The breakfast is good deal.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The half of the rooms here infested with bed bugs that bited a lot of people there was a REAL INFECTION and in the kitchen the were rats, for breackfast there was toasts with cheap discusting jam and if you wanted your milk hot, you had to go 2 floors up to the microwave, the orange juice was not natural and it was more water than juice, some of the personal were not friendly, in the bathroom area the floor was always wet

OMG that was the WORST hostel I 've ever been! There cleanliness was really poor, there were bed bags at the rooms and there were rats at the kitchen! When me and some roomates tried to inform the staff for our problems they ignored us! So guys I highly alert you to avoid staying in this hostel!

Good value for price. Excellent location, right in Westminster in between 2 tube stations. Washrooms can get pretty dirty at night since there are no staff working in between 11-8.

Well, how to put it... the Location is quite good and the stuff tries their best, even thou they enjoyed beeing in the pub downstairs more than anyone else. The bathroom and toilets were always flooded, the rooms were not cleaned at all, I got the bedbugs and we didnt get the room we booked for. So go there if you are really desperate otherwise look for something worth the money!

Everywhere is so dirty and no effort of maintenance has been made, there are blood stains on tge mattress and pillow, the presseure of water at the shower is so weak that it feels like its made of the tab with a showerhead which provides insufficient water for shower.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Good but small space...

The location is good with its location compared to Victoria station (a 10 minute walk). The bar downstairs and continental breakfast were definitely pluses. The folks staying at the hostel when I was there were great craic, and we had a great time.

Hello, my Friend an me where really surprised how dirty this hostel was. If you toke a shower, You get more dirty than before, that can't go on....

• 7th Jul 2014

Good place, easy to access, lovely staff, no bedbugs as far as I know. Slept really well in the 9-bed-dorm, felt bad for the cleaning lady though, as the bathroom was in a terrible state in the morning (and much better afterwards) but that's nothing to blame the hostel for. Only thing that's sad is that the pub is sort of cut between the backpacker side and the "regulars & passer-bys", not too good for socialisation... But that's all :)

• 5th Jul 2014

Take better care of the washrooms; there was water all over the floor every time I went in there and it seemed like it was leaking from a pipe rather then from the showers. The bed sheets need to be cleaned better; stains all over. I'm glad I brought my own sheets.

I stayed here for one night. I pretty much went to bed as soon as I got there. Still, from what I saw, other than my ripped duvet, it seemed like a nice place, and for its price and location, I see no reason to complain.

really small rooms, everytime wet floor in showers and toilletes, superannuated mattrasses, old creaky beds, bedbugs, window netiher open nor closed etc.

You definitely get what you pay for and nothing more. There was absolutely no chance of a shower after 7am without lining up for an hour. I did like the inclusion of breakfast.

Having read some previous reviews I was a bit worried, but found the hostel was fine. Staff great, location brilliant, no problem being above a pub, or on a main road. Bed was fine.

It was the worst hostel, in which we have ever stayed, I took about 45 minutes to get our keys...The bathroom was extremely dirty and in our room were millions of bed bugs. When I came home, I went to the doctor, because I had stings everywhere, so I need to take some pills because of it. Don´t stay there if you don´t want to be eaten alive by bedbugs....

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Staff was nice... Location was OK... My room had BED BUGS

I spent one night, sharing a room with other 3 people. The hostel is well located, not too far from Victoria Station. They gave me bed sheets at arrival for a refundable deposit of 10 pounds. We had to sleep with the windows opened because it was too hot inside the room, and as it faced to the street, I could listen all the traffic.

« first « Prev 1 2 3