Surprise Backpackers Reviews

110 Vauxhall bridge Road, London, London, England

Well, how to put it... the Location is quite good and the stuff tries their best, even thou they enjoyed beeing in the pub downstairs more than anyone else. The bathroom and toilets were always flooded, the rooms were not cleaned at all, I got the bedbugs and we didnt get the room we booked for. So go there if you are really desperate otherwise look for something worth the money!

Everywhere is so dirty and no effort of maintenance has been made, there are blood stains on tge mattress and pillow, the presseure of water at the shower is so weak that it feels like its made of the tab with a showerhead which provides insufficient water for shower.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hello, my Friend an me where really surprised how dirty this hostel was. If you toke a shower, You get more dirty than before, that can't go on....

• 7th Jul 2014

Good place, easy to access, lovely staff, no bedbugs as far as I know. Slept really well in the 9-bed-dorm, felt bad for the cleaning lady though, as the bathroom was in a terrible state in the morning (and much better afterwards) but that's nothing to blame the hostel for. Only thing that's sad is that the pub is sort of cut between the backpacker side and the "regulars & passer-bys", not too good for socialisation... But that's all :)

• 5th Jul 2014

Take better care of the washrooms; there was water all over the floor every time I went in there and it seemed like it was leaking from a pipe rather then from the showers. The bed sheets need to be cleaned better; stains all over. I'm glad I brought my own sheets.

really small rooms, everytime wet floor in showers and toilletes, superannuated mattrasses, old creaky beds, bedbugs, window netiher open nor closed etc.

You definitely get what you pay for and nothing more. There was absolutely no chance of a shower after 7am without lining up for an hour. I did like the inclusion of breakfast.

Having read some previous reviews I was a bit worried, but found the hostel was fine. Staff great, location brilliant, no problem being above a pub, or on a main road. Bed was fine.

It was the worst hostel, in which we have ever stayed, I took about 45 minutes to get our keys...The bathroom was extremely dirty and in our room were millions of bed bugs. When I came home, I went to the doctor, because I had stings everywhere, so I need to take some pills because of it. Don´t stay there if you don´t want to be eaten alive by bedbugs....

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Staff was nice... Location was OK... My room had BED BUGS

I spent one night, sharing a room with other 3 people. The hostel is well located, not too far from Victoria Station. They gave me bed sheets at arrival for a refundable deposit of 10 pounds. We had to sleep with the windows opened because it was too hot inside the room, and as it faced to the street, I could listen all the traffic.

Really great hostel very well located, 5 minutes walk from Big Ben and really close to Victoria station where you can take lots of buses or the tube. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The rooms are big and the kitchen is fully furnished. It could be cleaner but at 14 pounds a night, I wasn't expecting that much. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Bangladesh

The sort of place you'd go to if you needed to stay in the city centre but couldn't find a better option.. Rooms are cramped. Bathrooms are dirty and one section is always flooded. The free breakfast items have to be chosen carefully - everything seems to be from TESCO's Everyday Value range. The wi-fi connection is very poor. The only positive things about it are the location and the friendly staff. Didn't use the kitchen to cook anything, but sat there one evening and did see one mouse.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • India

Don't stay here. Ever. Here's a list of what to expect from your stay in hell: *Staff had no idea which of the 3 floors our room was on *BED BUGS -furious. Severely bitten *Dirty toilets and showers, would be more filthy after using the facilities than when you went in *Bedroom floor wet *Bedding all damp and mouldy *Seen a rat in the breakfast dungeon. Disgusting *Bread at breakfast mouldy. Get an EHO in here immediately. Appalling.

스태프분들이 엄청 친절하고 위치가 정말 좋음.

You'll get what you payed for,in London hostels horribles ,except very expensive.. There is no common room,so after midnight go sleep or stay outside,it's always queue to bathroom Very boring atmosphere!!!

I feel like I can't really complain, as this hostel was one of the cheapest I could find and it was very well positioned near Victoria and the river. But be warned, it is fairly gross - I definitely wouldn't stay more than one night. And those triple bunks are a nightmare!

Good staff

• 7th May 2014

Over a pub. Simple but OK. Very convenient location. Stayed one night mid-week and it spared me an overnight return coach journey. Slept well on my 3-tier bunk bed.

• 7th May 2014

Dirty Rooms, unsteady beds, mini reception, unpleasant bathrooms (unisex), Toilet out of Order,... Breakfast okay, clean sheets

• 3rd May 2014