Suzhou Water Front International Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 3 Nan Pi Lane, Shi Quan Street, Suzhou, China

Hostel was in a pretty good location, lots of food and silk shops around. I stayed in a 6 person room and it was really spacious. The staff do not speak English, but I speak Chinese, so that was not a problem. The beds are literally pieces of plywood with a thin pice of cloth on it. I had to sleep with some of my comforter under me, like a burrito, in order to get any form of cushioning. Air-con isn't running when you first get there, so room is humid and filled with gnats.

This place was good. It was in a good location. The staff was nice, but not super English-inclined. The place wasn't especially clean, but it was satisfactory. Could be cheaper.

The staff should be more polite and more friendly to us.

Location was hard to find. At first I went to find it at 3 Shiquan street and could not. It is actually on Nan pi lane which is an alley off Shiquan street (should be a Korean BBQ sort of restaurant next to alley and a China yha sign. Bathroom was not up to par to the hostels I've stayed in China - smelled like a usual unclean Chinese bathroom and floor was dirty. I think that was only the 6 person dorm though, the others looked clean. Otherwise the hostel was not bad.