Suzhou Watertown Hostel Reviews

#27 DaShiTou Lane,RenMin Road, Suzhou, China

Has a great atmosphere. Staff was really friendly but it's sad that their English is so bad.

Couldn't sleep at night as there are too many mosquitoes in the room! Staff didn't give correct direction to the bus station. They don't provide English map :(

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Dear Guests: Frist,I apologize to you for the wrong station and english map . Our staff is new,so maybe he/she didn't understand your destination. But please believe that,We are sincerely want to help you. We had bought a lot of English maps,so maybe the staff don't know we really have. We will step up training for employees,but apologize to you once more,and thank you for you put forward our problem, We will try to do better.

The bed is ridden with BEDBUGS! That kept me up all night, I killed at least 20 of them throughout the night, plain horrible..

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

This great atmospheric hostel was tucked away down an alley which meant quiet. Whilst the hostel is a little dusty in places with creaking floorboards, the character and atmosphere more than makes up for it. The building is also 200 years old! The bikes were cheap to hire and the staff were friendly and really helpful. Certainly a great place for all planned activities from a relaxing week to a action planned couple of days in Suzhou, this hostel suits all needs.

It was a really excelent place to stay. It was very comfortable! The place is very simple but have the essencial elements of a comfortable house. The owners are kind and friendly people. I would say didn't miss my own home staying at Watertown Hostel. I really loved the place, and definitively if I come back to Suzhou I wouldn't chose other place to stay. Thank you for this relaxing experience in your hostel, and I look forward to come back again!

Overall good place for good price in Old Chinese home. So if you are looking for modern lodging this place i not for you. Spotless toilets and showers. The only think I didn't like was my bed, The mattresses very thin and totally uses out up and i felt more like sleeping the the wooden board than mattresses itself. They simply should evaluate all bed and replace the used ones.

The hostel offers anything a bagpacker could actually ask for. The location is perfect, close to the center of Suzhou and the main attractions of the city. The accommodation has a nice common area where people can use the free wifi and enjoy the friendly atmosphere. The staff was probably one of the nicest I've run into so fast, they are very helpful! They set out the projector to allow us to see the Italian team on a big screen (too bad we lost) and offered us a beer! Thank you for everything!

• 19th Jun 2014

We arrived at night, so it was a little scary walking down the dark alley with what seemed like shady characters. Only when we realised that there was a police station just 2 buildings away did we feel slightly safer. Requested for a twin bed but was given a double instead. Place was pretty barebone. Walk to the subway is challenging with luggage, otherwise near to the main shopping/eating district. Staff could definitely be friendlier.

I have fixed feelings for this hostel. The room was okay, the showers and bathrooms was okay but not so clean. The reading room with free use of computer and movies are really nice. The staff spoke poor english and couldn't help with map or nice things to see around Suzhou. The location was soso, around 1 km before you come to the core of the city

We would really recommend this hostel. The location is perfect (in the middle of Old Town), the staff is really friendly, the rooms are nice and clean with with small internal gardens and atmosphere is good! It's very convenient that you can rent bikes at this hostel to discover the city.

Staff extremely pleasant, great atmosphere, very clean and the added bonus of the bike hire is really good ! Good value for money.

Nice converted courtyard complex with clean facilities and helpful staff with good English. Some kitchen facilities available to use (rare in a Chinese hostel). Good on them for being smokefree too, it made for a pleasant atmosphere (literally). You will feel secure here knowing the police are your neighbours. The communal shower and toilet blocks were unisex, so a bit awkward, but it was pristine. I found the easiest cheaest way to get here from the train station was to take subway to 'le qiao'

Very nice hostel.Staff is really friendly and helpful.

A story of woes. 1) Five attempts to confirm a reservation, zero responses. 2) Obsolete and incorrect info on mailing for transfer from hi-speed rail station to hotel; no mention of new subway line. 3) Denial at sign-in of Chinese Hostal Assoc. discount: 'Already within internet price'. 4) Very limited English-speaking staff - 1 good, 1 fair; but night coverage inert, even in Chinese. 5) Had to argue to get a receipt; failure on the first attempt, then success. Book elsewhere.

Fabulous! I enjoyed my stay. The staff are helpful

Very nice place ! Everything thing was clean , staff was helpful. Very comfortable interior courtyard and commun space.

Beautiful place in a nice location. We really enjoyed our stay, We can recommend this place! Thank you!

The staffs were very friendly, helpful. ;) Keep it up. Good works.

Very nice little hostel, good location and easy to reach. Bus stops nearby can reach many spots. But just one thing, the days I stay got some noisy hostelmates.... which made me a bit annoying, other than that the hostel itself is very good and worth to stay.

Really nice hostel in an old courtyard building. It's near the subway and the buses, easy to find from the north bus station and railway station. The staff is very nice but not very fluent in English (but really really helpful if you speak Chinese). Will definitely stay there again! And I love the hard beds and the charming atmosphere!