Suzhou Watertown Hostel Reviews

#27 DaShiTou Lane,RenMin Road, Suzhou, China

Very nice place ! Everything thing was clean , staff was helpful. Very comfortable interior courtyard and commun space.

Very nice little hostel, good location and easy to reach. Bus stops nearby can reach many spots. But just one thing, the days I stay got some noisy hostelmates.... which made me a bit annoying, other than that the hostel itself is very good and worth to stay.

Really nice hostel in an old courtyard building. It's near the subway and the buses, easy to find from the north bus station and railway station. The staff is very nice but not very fluent in English (but really really helpful if you speak Chinese). Will definitely stay there again! And I love the hard beds and the charming atmosphere!

This hostel was utterly terrible. I found a cockroach on a plate in the kitchen, the washrooms and showers were outside and freezing, the heating didn't work in many of the rooms, and it only heated the top bunk when it did work. They advertise that they have maps available, but they only had one and it was entirely in Chinese. The staff also gave me the wrong directions to the bus stop. They also advertise that they are in a historical area, but it is really just a decrepid alley.

Thanks for your comment,we are working better.Very sorry about your bad experience .The air conditoners are too old,we are changing them,The second day you said too cold,i was so sorry,moving you to the upper room withou extra money.Our house is chinese old house,newly decoration,Washrooms and showers are outside the bed dormitories,cleaning everyday.For your convenient ,we provide certain chinese or english maps.Our hostel is central ,near the bus sation and metro.Thanks.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Excellent stay, I would recommend to friends and family.

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Wales
  • Couple, 41+

Will definitely recommend friends to stay there.

Since it was winter and our air-condition wasn´t working as it should it was rather cold and therefore not very comfortable. All in all this hostel is certainly great in summer, because you can sit in the garden, but in winter it is not the best choice. Showers and toilets are also outside the rooms.

This was a good hostel, cool atmosphere & I would recommend it to others! We were there during the off season so things were a bit slower. The only small issues we had were: We booked a 4 bed mixed dorm online but when we got there they didn't have it... we ended up paying extra to get a private room. The 2nd small issue was that the room was pretty cold. I prefer to sleep cold but it was a little too cold (the heater turned on but just kinda blew air around rather than heating the room).

Nice hostel and nice location. We spend two days travel around Suzhou, the hostel have nice location, even can find perfect local breakfast on the street. Hope we can back here again soon.

Great place to stay with very helpful and friendly staff.

The courtyard and the veranda are lovely but in winter it is definetely on the cold side, even inside (except dorms). The location is very convenient, easy to reach by bus and the taff is very helpful.

It was very cold n the lounge because the door was constantly open. It is a nice hostel to stay a couple of days but that is all.

After coming from a great hostel in Xi'An we were a little disappointed when we got to our room here. It was cold, and the big window faced what appeared to be the laundry room. The stains on the mattresses made it extra annoying the beds were left for us to make despite the fact there were 3 girls working and we seemed to be the only guests from how quiet it was. We later discovered there were other people as we could hear them through the walls. The common space was cute, but I won't return.

A lovely, quaint little hostel with very cozy rooms. I'd stay there again if I go back to Suzhou.

Loved the olde-world character of this charming courtyard hostel.

• 21st Nov 2013

We were staying at 4-bed dorm on the 1st floor. Mattress on the bed were very thin (warn out probably) so you have the feeling that you are lying on flat surface. Suggestion is to replace them. There was shower room in the ground floor. Suggestion is to keep shower room more clean(clean regulary) and add wooden bars on the floor (more hygienic). With these small correction cleanless impression would be much better. Other areas are kept vey clean. Beside these remarks stuff very friendly.

I really loved this place. So nice, cosy and comfortable. It's in a small alley, so very quiet at night. In the middle of the city. Everything can be reached by bus stop close by very fast. Also many places to eat around. Staff was very nice and helpful. Wifi in Rooms!!!

Good location but theres a HI hostel closer to the action of Suzhou. Lovely place though.