Suzhou Watertown Hostel Reviews

#27 DaShiTou Lane,RenMin Road, Suzhou, China

We had a double bedroom with private bathroom complete with a fascinating shower head and bathroom light system. Make sure to bring mosquito repellents as the room was infested with the little fuckers. I had about 20 bites per leg. AC was not properly working

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The staff were very helpfull. Thank uou very much. We enjoyed our stay in SuZhou very much.

• 23rd Sep 2014
  • Scotland

I've lived in China on and off for a while, and over the years have stayed in *three* hostels in Suzhou. Watertown was my favorite! It's a traditional building with a sweet courtyard that's actually set up to be used (including a covered area in case of rain), in a spot that is right by a subway stop and not too far from most of the gardens etc., but on a street where normal people live rather than right on top of a tourist area. My single room was clean and nicely decorated. Cute dog too!

Nice place, traditional and well located premises but the ground floor rooms are a bit fish bowl as they all have large windows and face into the (very nice) court yard.

This was a very comfortable hostel with helpful staff. They have a decent sized library and a good selection of DVDs as well. I would recommend this hostel to others in the future.

The location is great and the hostel itself is pretty nice in an old building. There are nice common areas conducive to meeting new people. My only gripe with this hostel is that one of the guys who works behind the desk acts like he'd rather cut off his own leg than help you and he's given me wrong information when I have asked questions about Suzhou, but the others are pretty good. Bring mosquito repellent if you're there in summer!

A relaxing hostel in downtown Suzhou. It's not the best location for seeing the sites but everything can be reached by a short bike ride. The hostel courtyard and common room are both nice and there's a huge selection of DVDs to watch. Staff are friendly and the food and drinks are reasonable.

The hostel is quite good, the atmosphere is nice. It's near the downtown, we can go to the shopping district or go to Ping Jiang Road at night by walking. The room a little bit too dark, but it's quite clean. The staff can understand english as well, and also quite helpful.

Nice Building and good facilities.

Nice hostel. Close enough to walk to old Suzhou.

This hotel was cute and kitsch, but was a long walk away from the gardens and canals. The staff seemed short in replies and charged us 10 yuan deposit for a map of the city as they only had one. Our private room seemed pleasant however in the evening tiny bugs started appearing from under the bed and on the walls. We were bitten a lot during the night. Likewise in the common areas there were a lot of bugs due to the open space and muggy weather.

The location is decent but walking distances tend to get quite long. The hostel has a really nice courtyard with people actually spending time in there. I had really fun meeting other travellers! You can also borrow some board games from the hostel which makes it even easier to meet people. The beds were hard enough to make my Chinese friends happy, so if you're like me and like softer mattresses then it's going to be a bit hard to catch sleep. Also the room (dormitory) door was never locked.

Just an average hostel, literally nothing special at all.

We enjoyed our stay at the Suzhou Watertown hostel. Atmosphere was relaxed and people kind. The room was very nice and peaceful. It was great that you could rent a bike!

The hostel in in a central location just outside the city centre. We had a twin room, our mattress was so hard, it was a wooden plank with a cover over it. The room was equipped with a good airco. There is a tv-room where you can watch a lot of new movies. The staff was a little weird.

Amazing hostel for a such "small" city. Not all the staff members were speaking in English but they were all really nice. They accommodated the best room to our needs and change of plans. The atmosphere was really cozy and the food was delicious (they have a cook). Access to the hostel was easy from their given directions and the location is pretty good (center of the old city). Our room and the showers were clean.

Great hostel with very clean shared bathrooms,

I am so happy to have found this hostel. I loved everything about it and will definitely be back. Great atmosphere, comfortable bed, and it's a cool, funky location away from the noise and high-end gloss of other areas. That's a weird way to compliment a place, but it's in an old neighborhood and surrounded by narrow alleys where you get a much better feel for Suzhou than you would just a couple subway stops away. I'll be back soon.

• 16th Jul 2014

Has a great atmosphere. Staff was really friendly but it's sad that their English is so bad.

Couldn't sleep at night as there are too many mosquitoes in the room! Staff didn't give correct direction to the bus station. They don't provide English map :(

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Dear Guests: Frist,I apologize to you for the wrong station and english map . Our staff is new,so maybe he/she didn't understand your destination. But please believe that,We are sincerely want to help you. We had bought a lot of English maps,so maybe the staff don't know we really have. We will step up training for employees,but apologize to you once more,and thank you for you put forward our problem, We will try to do better.