Swanky Mint Reviews

Ilica 50, Zagreb, Croatia

We had some changes in our travel plans but swanky mint staff were very accommodating. They were also very friendly and helpful In regards to questions we had about the culture and about getting around the city. The suite we stayed in was small for four people, but well equipped with a kitchenette, bathroom, and TV. The really memorable thing about swanky is the atmosphere. The buildings and furnishings are reclaimed and eclectic but still clean, with plenty of fun decorative details.

amazing brand new hostel in the center of zagreb. really liked the original design of the place, comfy room, clean facilities and fun crowd at the bar. staff are really the nicest people I've met while travelling. thank you for all your helpful tips!!!

It is a very good hostel in the city centre. Love the location, easy to get there via tram stop Frankopaska. Dorm was clean. Private room was Swanky and cool, was really worth my money. Receptionist girl morning shift is really pretty and helpful

This is the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in! I love the staff and the bar was packed each night. You couldn't hear a thing upstairs due to the 500cm thick cement walls. I'm definitely coming back.

It was a very nice hostel, the staff was friendly and I felt comfortable. There weren't many guest at the time I've been there, but I guess that's because it was low season, anyway you can meet other people at the bar downstairs. I would definitely come back. Thank you!

I stayed at the Swanky Mint late February with a friend. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the décor of the hostel was really unique and creative. The rooms were clean and at a very reasonable price. The location is excellent it's a 5 minute walk to the main square. The only minor flaw is that the lights in the bathroom are activated by a motion sensor. Therefore when I showered the lights would go off and I would need to leave the shower cubicle in order to reactivate the lights.

• 23rd Feb 2014

Each bunk had its own power plug and light. Also had a locker. Good wifi. Generally quite clean. Only one shower/toilet for the men at the borrowing floor - not a problem when I was there but in peak season may be different. Music played at night and in the morning - good if you want a party/social atmosphere, not so good if you want to rest.

Located in a really good place, staff also friendly and helpful, new hostel with all chances to be one of the bests in zagreb

Hey! Thank you so much for the review, we are really glad you enjoyed staying in Swanky hostel! Hope you will visit us again, and we wish you happy travelling! :)

We had the greatest time in Zagreb at the Swanky Mint hostel. The hostel is always kept clean, breakfast is great and the whole place is altogether very comfortable and nice. Also and most important, staff members are awesome people, super friendly and they'll try and help you out with anything you need; after a few days we felt we were at home. Seriously, one of the best hostels i've stayed in so far, we didn't wanna leave :)

Hi! We are so glad that you had such a great time with us and that you felt like at home, that means a lot to us! We hope to see you again and wish you happy travelling! :)

I thought it was a very good hostel, definitely the best group of staff I've met. The only time I have ever gone clubbing til 4am with hostel staff. Very local to the city centre as well. The bar was more local orientated than I am used to but I put that down to being there out of season and Croatians are friendlier locals than in most countries

Hey, we are really glad that you had a good time staying with us! And thank you so much for a good review, we really appreciate it! Hope to see you again! Happy travelling! :)

No complaints whatsoever. Very friendly staff, nice rooms, a great little bar and very close to the city centre. Recommended.

Great place. Very friendly staff and amazing location.

Really nice clean hostel. Free tea and coffee, computers. Nice kitchen and bar downstairs. Only complaint is that room don't lock. But there is a keycode for the hostel itself and padlocks. Still great hostel and nice location

Swanky Mint is the place to be in Zabreb and the best Hostel ever for me. It is a really fun, social, and cheap place to stay. I was there only 2 nights but I would definitely stay again upon returning to Zagreb. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere they create was just awsome. I reccommend to get the breakfast there.

Great place to stay in Zegreb. The entire staff was friendly and helpful, walking distance to the center and train station (tram is also right outside if you're feeling lazy), nice kitchen, lockers and free WiFi (bit on the slow side though). Would definitely stay again.

Loved the location of the hostel super easy to get to. The staff were very helpful and full of information.

These people know how to run a hostel! Excellent new rooms, best location in Zagreb imaginable and super friendly staff! Super trendy design and even a big screen TV means this is probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in (and I have stayed in lots!).

Ended up extending for a whole week after checking out other hostels nearby, which were no way near as good imo. Highly recommended.

Stayed here twice now. Super friendly and cool staff. Rooms are nice and clean with good bathrooms. The bar down stairs gets really busy on the weekends with heaps of young locals coming in, they had a live band one night and swing dancing the other night, amazing fun. But if you want to sleep, its very quiet in the rooms and you can't hear anything. Located just back from the main street so their is no traffic or street noise. And get the breakfast!