Swanky Mint Reviews

Ilica 50, Zagreb, Croatia

Such an awesome place to stay, easy to find, good location, staff were amazing and helpful. Has a bar and courtyard, so is very social. Such a clean and newly renovated. Happily stay there again.

Swanky is super neat! What a fun hostel to stay at. Excellent lounge areas and the place really bumps at night... easy to meet fellow travelers willing to hang out and to party. Zagreb is a great city but doing it alone takes a little effort: Swanky gives you the friends and info to do the city right. Comfortable rooms and great showers with actually hot water. Fewer toilets than normal but never an issue. Fast internet! The breakfast is awesome as well and I would recommend doing it!

Very original hostel, with quite amazing decor, even though you could get a better experience if you're more like the party type, which is not my case. Even though, staff was very helpful, as they answered all my queries about Zagreb and traveling around Croatia and let me use the kitchen, even though they were doing some improvement works there. Wifi runs perfectly and the location is also great, within walking distance of the main atractions.

The basic dorm gets very loud while the parties are on downstairs but other than that, had an awesome stay at this hostel! Would recommend!

I love, love, love the location of this Hostel! It feels like it's in the middle of everything. There are 2 bakeries right outside the hostel, a bank and a convenience store a block away. Rooms are very securely locked and clean. I don't think they have a kitchen, but I didn't check. Would definitely stay here again.

Such an awesome hostel! They really do their best to look after you. Rooms and bathroom very clean and staff are super friendly and helpful. Such great value for money! Only thing I would say is a downside is there are no washing facilities and breakfast not included- only minor though. Overall had an extremely comfortable 2 nights! Location is awesome too!

The hostel is pretty nice, very well located and in front of the tram stop. With one euro you get to the train station or bus station in 5 minutes. The staff was pretty helpful and the rooms are cosy and good enough to rest and have a great time. You can also party in the bar and meet local people. I had a great time and this hostel has everything you need to go on holidays!

The hostel is just a few minutes away from Zagreb's main square which means the location is perfect. It is also really safe (key card/night code). Design and atmosphere of rooms and hostel/bar were amazing, there were spacious lockers in the rooms and the kitchen and the bar were great meet other traveleres. Shower was also great, though the water temperature was not easy to handle. What I didn't like was the breakfast, you can get a cheeper and better one on Tklaca Street.

No wonder this hostel has got high ratings. I booked one night in a 8-bed mixed dorm and got upgraded to 6-bed female only and use the whole room by myself ;) DJ party was a lot of fun, and i wished i could have stayed here longer. Nice hostel with great decor!

I really enjoyed my stay in Zagreb at this hostel. The staff are friendly and the bar downstairs is great and lively. The beds were not the most comfortable I've slept on but otherwise no complaints, this is a great place to stay.

Great great great! Best one in Zagreb

Nice rooms and lockers, everything very new and updated. The breakfast was good and the location is within walking distance to the rest of Zagreb. I stayed in January, so there weren't many people around, but it seemed like the atmosphere would be great when its full as they have a bar and an outdoor area. Only downside is bathrooms, the place was pretty empty and I still had to wait for the bathroom.

Really good place with an amazing staff!

It has really nice interior design. The location is perfect, near old town, train station, and bus station. The staff was always helpful. They even let us stay in the kitchen until 4am for us to catch the bus without any fee. it has bar /restaurant/club and cool events scheduled.

Reason for the poor grade on the staff is that I was insulted by one of them sitting in the kitchen. I was asked by her where I was from and when I told her, she said, "I'm sorry". Then she went on to insult my generation for lack of political and social contributions. So, within a few hours of checking in, my home and my generation were insulted. This was bad enough when I thought she was another guest, but then I learned she was a member of the staff. No problem with anything else. Shame.

Dear William, we are terribly sorry for the experience that you had with one of our's ex volunteers. If it means anything she apologies for the misunderstanding. According to her the things she said about your state, generation etc, were meant as a pun not as an insult. Hope we'll see you some time in the near future so we can smooth things out over some welcoming drinks at our bar ;) Safe travels! Lovro

Great location, cosy atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff... Thanks for making my holiday just wonderful :)

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Turkey

Great place, helpful staff and welcoming environment.

Excellent staff! The breakfast is okay for the money if you choose to buy the prepared breakfasts. The bathrooms are located in the hall. Everything is clean, and it's located right on Zagreb's main street. Has a good bar area. Great place to stay in Zagreb.

Such a good combination of nice location, friendly staff, incredible atmosphere and nice-looking rooms. We'll definitely come back here again and again.

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Russia

This hostel was incredible! The staff are friendly, it's clean and warm, the bar is a great addition and separate from the common rooms - so you can still sleep well at night. It is close to the city center, and the staff is really helpful with bus times, maps, activities, etc. It's a wonderful place always full of people to meet in the common area. It's the BEST hostel you will find in the area! Zero complaints!