9.6
Superb 785 Total Reviews
9.6
Superb 785 Total Reviews
Swanky Mint Located at Ilica 50, , Zagreb.
Croatia
Zagreb Croatia 10000 Ilica 50
96% 785
45.8136210 15.9687888
    Rooms available

25th Sep 2016

The staff here were friendly, chatty, and very helpful. Hostel has a great atmosphere, which I think is aided by the hostel bars which are genuinely attended by locals. Facilities were really great: wifi was fast and didn't cut out; kitchen with plenty of space and equipment; plug, lamp, and curtain for each bed. Location was around a 30 minute fast walk from the train or bus station, but around 10 to the central square. 11 room smelled a little odd. Would definitely like to have stayed longer!

25th Sep 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Do the walking tour, it was the best! Wish I could've stayed longer than just one night!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
25th Sep 2016

Had a great time here! There's a really cool vibe to this hostel. It's the best hostel I've ever been to in Croatia. I've only been to one, but I can't see myself enjoying one more! I'd recommend doing Lucy's park tour every Monday night at 2am (it's a thing now)! She gives you the authentic Croatian park experience showing you the adequate trees, vast array of swings and play equipment, all whilst sampling exquisite forty ounce beers that she carries around in the basket on her bike.

24th Sep 2016

This hostel has a really great atmosphere. I extended my stay two extra nights because I liked it so much. There's a mix of locals and hostel guests on the patio but the locals don't really mingle with us. The pool area is very nice, and the drinks are good. Two complaints- there were few toilets, and the motion sensors in the bathrooms were unresponsive and turned off quickly which made me anxious when I was on the toilet. Other than that it was great.

• Sweden, All Female Group, 25-30
23rd Sep 2016

We only stayed for one night and were pretty happy with our stay. We did however end up in the dorm on the ground floor with open windows to the street where there were lots of people hanging out outside the bar, so it wasn't exactly quiet. The reception does offer earplugs though, we found out in the morning, so be sure to ask for a pair and you'll be fine!

• Australia, Male, 31-40
22nd Sep 2016

This Hostel was one of the best I have stayed in! I was there for 2 nights, The first night with a couple of friends and we had one of the 3 bed apartments that the Swanky Mint offer and then the second night I was in a 4 bed dorm. The decor and fit out of the place is very industrial and cool, The outdoor tce and bar area (with pool) is the best I have seen, People who live in Zagreb come there to hang out because of this. The staff were AMAZING, Super funny and quirky! Cant wait to go back.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016

This was a great hostel. It was within walking distance of everything, and had free walking tours twice a day. The attached bar was super cool and lots of locals hung out there, though it got a little loud in our room. The last day, it was also really loud because a pool pump was acting up, but they made up for the noise by giving our room free breakfast. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Nice showers and clean bathrooms. Oh, and the beds had curtains for privacy!

20th Sep 2016

Amazing hostel with great staff, fantastic environment and great location and super clean! my only recommendation would be to replace older foam mattresses (mine was flat and uncomfortable in the middle). other than this one detail, this was a perfect hostel!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
18th Sep 2016

This place is a hipsters paradise! Very cool decor and a great vibe. Cool bar and terrace, great wi fi, staff are excellent and the place is clean. You'll feel at home (if you have a super stylish edgy home that is) and good chats with everyone. Highly highly recommend this place and the craft beer!! Thanks!

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
14th Sep 2016

Our one night stay at swanky was very good! Iva took a small group of us on a very good tour of Zagreb which I really enjoyed. The bar at swanky is reasonable priced and has a good crowd there. The swimming pool is a great addition. I will definitely stay again when I return to Zagreb!