Swanky Mint Reviews

Ilica 50, Zagreb, Croatia

The hostel is just a few minutes away from Zagreb's main square which means the location is perfect. It is also really safe (key card/night code). Design and atmosphere of rooms and hostel/bar were amazing, there were spacious lockers in the rooms and the kitchen and the bar were great meet other traveleres. Shower was also great, though the water temperature was not easy to handle. What I didn't like was the breakfast, you can get a cheeper and better one on Tklaca Street.

No wonder this hostel has got high ratings. I booked one night in a 8-bed mixed dorm and got upgraded to 6-bed female only and use the whole room by myself ;) DJ party was a lot of fun, and i wished i could have stayed here longer. Nice hostel with great decor!

I really enjoyed my stay in Zagreb at this hostel. The staff are friendly and the bar downstairs is great and lively. The beds were not the most comfortable I've slept on but otherwise no complaints, this is a great place to stay.

Great great great! Best one in Zagreb

Really good place with an amazing staff!

It has really nice interior design. The location is perfect, near old town, train station, and bus station. The staff was always helpful. They even let us stay in the kitchen until 4am for us to catch the bus without any fee. it has bar /restaurant/club and cool events scheduled.

Reason for the poor grade on the staff is that I was insulted by one of them sitting in the kitchen. I was asked by her where I was from and when I told her, she said, "I'm sorry". Then she went on to insult my generation for lack of political and social contributions. So, within a few hours of checking in, my home and my generation were insulted. This was bad enough when I thought she was another guest, but then I learned she was a member of the staff. No problem with anything else. Shame.

Dear William, we are terribly sorry for the experience that you had with one of our's ex volunteers. If it means anything she apologies for the misunderstanding. According to her the things she said about your state, generation etc, were meant as a pun not as an insult. Hope we'll see you some time in the near future so we can smooth things out over some welcoming drinks at our bar ;) Safe travels! Lovro

Great location, cosy atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff... Thanks for making my holiday just wonderful :)

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Turkey

Excellent staff! The breakfast is okay for the money if you choose to buy the prepared breakfasts. The bathrooms are located in the hall. Everything is clean, and it's located right on Zagreb's main street. Has a good bar area. Great place to stay in Zagreb.

Such a good combination of nice location, friendly staff, incredible atmosphere and nice-looking rooms. We'll definitely come back here again and again.

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Russia

It was simply perfect. Thank you!!!!

• 4th Dec 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at - clean, great environment , nice people!!!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in.

Beautiful hostel! Showers were great, staff were awesome, and the kitchen was small but had everything you needed. Great stay!

What a great hostel! Staff was so friendly and helpful. The rooms were really nice and the bar had such a great vibe. I was there for Erasmus night and had a great time. They also had free clementines and a cappucino maker which was were lovely. Staff genuinely wants to help you have a great time and seem to love doing what they do. The location couldn't be better. Kudos to this hosstel for being awesome.

This is the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in and would more of call it a hotel. Sizeable room with cable tv. Great location. Met awesome people with great recommendations for local spots. And the bar was amazing! Would definitely go back.

A top-notch hostel, with everything you expect from a top-notch hostel. I went to hobo bear hostel too with a friend - preferref swanky mint a million times more. Would recommend swanky mint if you ever go to zagreb.

• 6th Nov 2014

Great hostel in a fantastic location. No free breakfast but there's a bakery two doors down to get something cheap at. Big kitchen for cooking which is extremely helpful. Nice bar and patio. People working there are great, very helpful and polite. Don't bother looking anywhere else, stay at the swanky mint. Great coffee down the road - elis cafe. A brewery right across the road.

Loved staying here, the staff were great and the facilities were clean. The only issue was there is only 1 female bathroom upstairs so you had to wait sometimes. Overall I would stay here again.

Really great hostel. Great guys who run it too. It's fresh and delivers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3