Sweet Albayzin Reviews

Calle Horno del Oro, 21, Granada, Spain

More of a B&B then a hostel, it was quite, comfortable, clean and in an amazing location. The €2 breakfast is simple but sufficient, the kitchen was well equipped and the various sitting areas were comfortable and homely, and everything was very clean. Only notable aspect is that if arrive before 8.30am you may have to wait outside for Lydia to start her day, but I'm sure with notice something cold be arranged.

Had a wonderful stay at Sweet Albayzin, and loved Granada. The hostel itself is wonderful, as is the owner Lydia, who went out of her way to help us whenever she could. The rooms had character, the directions were easy to follow and only a short stroll into the city. You can also get glimpses of the Alhambra from the terraces. Loved it and would stay again!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed !! Staff very nice and helpful!

The perfect place to spend your visit in Granada. It is a nice, quiet and small house, very genuine and special. The bedroom is convenient and comfortable. The staff is helpful and the breakfast light, but quite enough. The best of all is its location: it is placed in el Albayzin, one of the most beautiful neighbourhoods of the city and it is very close to the center, just a short walk away.

Amazing staff, very clean space and good breakfast. My only concern is if you have a large luggage, there is no lift and the staircase is very tilted.

Hand towels in the bathroom would be nice. Also, I thought breakfast was included and I believe there was a 2 euro charge.

Great hostel in a great city. Very friendly owner!

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Sweden

really nice place!

It was great. Thanks. will recomend to friends.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

Perfection. Will stay here again in a heartbeat. So much personality and sweet people. Clean, great location, absolutely loved this place!!!! Stay and relax :)

This was the perfect place to stay! The owner is so warm and welcoming! She works so hard to keep everything running smoothly and ensure your stay is perfect! She did our laundry for 5 euros and it was super convenient since the first half of our trip was spent in the rain and our stuff was getting smelly! Our room was cozy, the bathroom was clean, the downstairs communal area was very inviting, and the rooftop could be a peaceful place to wind down overlooking the Alhambra right next door!

Amazing staff and hotel, very friendly. Quiet and beautiful room. Good breakfast, included. Perfect value for money !

• 27th May 2014

Lovely place. Run by a lovely lady

This hostel is run by a young woman not always available but sweet, kind and helpful when she was. Well equipped kitchen and dining room for making own breakfast. Unfortunately after booking for the week I was told the room was not available for 2nd/3rd day (due to hen party of 14) and we were put in a room in a nearby house, beautiful and clean but no breakfast (or wardrobe/table etc.). That owner, a kind lady, offered us mint tea and biscuits on second morning. It was an inconvenience.

• 22nd May 2014

The best hostel I'v ever been! It is a house of 16 centuary in old hilly street, very authentic and stylish interior, with orange tree in patio. The staff, Lidia, was very helpfull and pleasent. We had all we need in the room and in the kitchen. But breakfast could be better:) in any case we would like to come back! Granada is very beautiful!

This is a hidden gem located in the best part of the city. Close to all the interesting points; comfortable bed; super clean and cozy; plus, the manager is very sweet and helpful. I would choose Sweet Albayzin again if I return to Granada.

Great location! The best staff! I've stayed here twice times and really enjoyed my holiday in Granada. Thanks a lot!

Linda was very nice. Though I hardly met anyone at the common area. Can't comment about the breakfast since I left early morning. Not as clean as I expected it to be. The bathrooms were fairly decent.

View all Granada Bed and Breakfasts