Sweet & Cheap Reviews

Kneza Vis�eslava 14, Split, Croatia

We arrived only to be met by some boys who told us of the events which were about to follow. Apparently the day before two other people had arrived who had also booked with sweet and cheap, only to be met by the mother of the apparent owner of the hostel, who said that it was the fault of HostelWorld that they, and we, had been double booked. They short changed us of our deposit and sent us packing. Pathetic business. DO NOT BOOK HERE.

The nicest hostel I've ever stayed at. Ana is incredibly friendly and I truly felt like a guest in her home. The hostel is small (3 4-bed rooms) and air-conditioned, which makes for a very comfortable stay. There's a kitchen, a washer and dryer that's free to use, the bathrooms are very clean, and towels are provided. The location is perfect, a 2 minute walk to Old Town. The only downside is that there are no lockers, but Ana will be happy to hold things for you. I would love to stay here again!

Anna is amazing and so helpful !!!!!!!! Location is awesome!!!!

I arrived earlier than Ana expected but she was super flexible and very friendly. The hostel was clean an it was nice that there were separate bathrooms for women and men. It was wonton walking distance from the old town and very conveinent. It can be a bit loud in the mornings but I'm a heavy sleeper and had no problems falling back asleep. Split is a lovely city. Thanks Ana!

A very nice little hostel in the middle of town. Ana, the hostel owner is very nice and has good recommendations of places to see and eat in Split. The rooms are clean, beds are good, and the air conditioning works well. Ana keeps the place very clean and welcoming. We stayed there twice during a roundtrip in Croatia and were very satisfied both times. Only (small!) downside was low water pressure in the showers which made showering a little tricky.

Perhaps the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The owner Ana is one of the sweetest and friendliest people I have ever met. The bulletin board in the kitchen is covered with thank you notes to her saying how much they loved her and the hostel. She clearly loves the area and grew up around there and is happy to share it with visitors. She is also cute.

It's a quiet hostel that's a short walk away from the train and bus stations. It's not the best place to meet fellow travelers. But the host Ana is really nice. I recommend it for those seeking a quiet stay.

Really nice stay at Sweet & Cheap, perfect for what we needed. So many great extra touches make this hostel so great!

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Don't let the name fool you, it's actually pretty nice.

Ana runs this hostel and she is awesome. She gave us great recommendations, keeps the place spotless, and really helps you feel welcome. We felt more like guests in an old friends home than travelers in a hostel. The hostel is in the perfect location to get to everything you want to see and do in Split.

• 9th May 2015

Ana is a lovely person and has set up a nice hostel. It is really just a place to sleep and eat. There is no community room except the sizeable kitchen. You can cook which is nice if you prefer that to eating out. The water pressure in the shower was low but that is my only complaint. It is well priced and in a great part of town, very close to the sites and bus station but in a quiet neighborhood. It made my time in Split enjoyable. Thank you Ana! It is aptly named "Sweet & Cheap."

Nicest hostel owner ever!

Had a great stay here, even if short! Extremely helpful staff who offered to help us plan the next step of our trip, clean facilities, really nice personal touches and a lot of evidence that went to prove that the cleanliness of the hostel and comfort of guests was of pesonal importance. Thank you so much!

• 5th May 2015

Ana is a wonderfull host and explained me what I should visit in Split and told me even how to come to the beautifull Island Korcula and what to do there. The room was really clean and the location is perfect! If you want to save money and just need a bed for the night then I can defenitely recommend you this place!

• 2nd May 2015

The hostel is awsome, the location is great. The nme is exactaly like the hostel: sweet and cheap. Big beds, big bathroom, everything super clean, and the kitchen is also nice! Ana, the owner, is super sweet!

It was a good experience with Ana, the host, being extremely hospitable, friendly and helpful! Location was perfect as well. Only downside being the low water pressure of the shower. Nevertheless, a pleasant experience!

Very sweet and cheap! Warm, clean, Central location and a fantastic host!

The owner is wonderful, the rooms, charming and the facilities, clean! A wonderful value for the money. I highly recommend.

Everything was well and fine! We were happy of our stay there.

Almost perfect,Anne is very kind and helpful,room is clean and cozy,if the wifi signal can improve,it would be excellent!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5