Sweet & Cheap Reviews

Kneza Vis�eslava 14, Split, Croatia

Perhaps the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The owner Ana is one of the sweetest and friendliest people I have ever met. The bulletin board in the kitchen is covered with thank you notes to her saying how much they loved her and the hostel. She clearly loves the area and grew up around there and is happy to share it with visitors. She is also cute.

It's a quiet hostel that's a short walk away from the train and bus stations. It's not the best place to meet fellow travelers. But the host Ana is really nice. I recommend it for those seeking a quiet stay.

Really nice stay at Sweet & Cheap, perfect for what we needed. So many great extra touches make this hostel so great!

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Don't let the name fool you, it's actually pretty nice.

Ana runs this hostel and she is awesome. She gave us great recommendations, keeps the place spotless, and really helps you feel welcome. We felt more like guests in an old friends home than travelers in a hostel. The hostel is in the perfect location to get to everything you want to see and do in Split.

• 9th May 2015

Ana is a lovely person and has set up a nice hostel. It is really just a place to sleep and eat. There is no community room except the sizeable kitchen. You can cook which is nice if you prefer that to eating out. The water pressure in the shower was low but that is my only complaint. It is well priced and in a great part of town, very close to the sites and bus station but in a quiet neighborhood. It made my time in Split enjoyable. Thank you Ana! It is aptly named "Sweet & Cheap."

Nicest hostel owner ever!

Had a great stay here, even if short! Extremely helpful staff who offered to help us plan the next step of our trip, clean facilities, really nice personal touches and a lot of evidence that went to prove that the cleanliness of the hostel and comfort of guests was of pesonal importance. Thank you so much!

• 5th May 2015

Ana is a wonderfull host and explained me what I should visit in Split and told me even how to come to the beautifull Island Korcula and what to do there. The room was really clean and the location is perfect! If you want to save money and just need a bed for the night then I can defenitely recommend you this place!

• 2nd May 2015

The hostel is awsome, the location is great. The nme is exactaly like the hostel: sweet and cheap. Big beds, big bathroom, everything super clean, and the kitchen is also nice! Ana, the owner, is super sweet!

It was a good experience with Ana, the host, being extremely hospitable, friendly and helpful! Location was perfect as well. Only downside being the low water pressure of the shower. Nevertheless, a pleasant experience!

Very sweet and cheap! Warm, clean, Central location and a fantastic host!

The owner is wonderful, the rooms, charming and the facilities, clean! A wonderful value for the money. I highly recommend.

Everything was well and fine! We were happy of our stay there.

Almost perfect,Anne is very kind and helpful,room is clean and cozy,if the wifi signal can improve,it would be excellent!

Just the wifi is not stable, everything else is good

Owner is extremely friendly and helpful. Great little place to stay only a shirt walk to the waterfront.

• 11th Oct 2014

The hostel was relatively easy to find; the flat itself was amazing, with a wonderful wooden floor, high ceilings and very spacious rooms. However, the apartment door didn't lock properly and it was super easy to open the door by pushing against it. This is why we felt a little concerned about our stuff and I think it would be best if the door could be fixed. Nevertheless, we had a great stay at Sweet&Cheap. Ana, the owner, was very nice and helpful. Great value for money!

It was a great place and we were definitely made to feel at home. Ana (the host) went out of her way for us. She was attentive and always available. I can't fault it but for lone travellers it was quite quiet but that's more so to do with the fellow guests. We were able to use the washing machine which was first class. There are two separate showers which were consistently kept clean, as well as two toilets. The rooms were spacious with AC. It's a five minute walk from the station.

• 29th Sep 2014

Excellent place to stay - really easy to find and Ana the host is really lovely and helpful with any information that you might need and the check in. I was only there for one night and had to leave early in the morning but the check out was easy and straightforward. Facitilites were very clean - bathrooms were great and the room was huge and spacious. I would definitely recommend Sweet & Cheap to anyone looking for a relaxed place to stay while exploring what Split has to offer.

• 21st Sep 2014