Sweet & Cheap Reviews

Kneza Vis�eslava 14, Split, Croatia

This is more an apartmant then a hostel. The good part is that you feel at home but the bad is that if you are travelling alone it's not the best place to meet people. Perfect for groups who want a nice, quiet, clean and cosy place to stay. Ana, the owner is so sweet and warm! Thanks for all.

This is a great small hostel. Honestly nothing negative about it and Ana is amazing, she immediately makes you feel at home.

Great location where you can buy fresh fruits and foods in traditional markets everyday. The rooms in the hostel are really big and clean with air condition, which is quite important in summer. The host Ana is really helpful and friendly. I have a wonderful stay there.

Peaceful (maybe too much) hostel at Split. Good quality for money rate. Infortunately, no friendly common room (except a too sad kitchen).

Probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. Very good value for money. 2 minutes walk to all the main attractions. Very clean and the hostel owner is lovely

Ana was a fantastic host. We arrived pretty late, as our bus was delayed and bless her, she was ready waiting for us on our arrival. She has done really well with this hostel. I have stayed in a few hostels and this one is up there with the best.

Wish I had booked another night in advance!

The simple and clean decor was a comforting. The atmosphere is not for partying, its a restful place to get away from the Old Town crowds. It would've been nice to have someone around the hostel more often than to simply check me in. I appreciated the sign on the wall with suggestions of what to do, but had no one to chat to about what to see in Split.The kitchen is minimally equipped, when I visited it did not have a can opener or a beer opener, both of which I wanted when I made dinner.

Anna, the lady that received us when arrving, was extremely helpful to us beyond her obligations. We are very thankful.

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Portugal

A lovely clean homely hostel with very nice touches, kettle and biscuits to welcome you!nice decore with themed rooms and lovely spacious bathroom.Air conditioning appreciated and shutters.Staff very helpful who seemed to have all your needs anticipated.Good info poster displayed+magazines etc.felt like someone's apartment vrs hostel. Hot rings for pot cooking rather than a kitchen set up. Great location. Only pointer: washing clothes over priced, €7 wash+ €7 dry. Too expensive!! Great hostel:)

Not so much a hostel, more an apartment. We used this as a stopover before using the ferry to Brac and Hvar. Really close to everything. The owner was lovely, left chocolates on our pillows and had free tea, coffee, biscuits and whatever food was in the fridge. Great beds, air con, shower and laundry services. Really nice kitchen too. Not at all a place to party but a really lovely place to rest, get clean and explore Split.

Very hard to find! They need a sign on the front of the building! The rooms need locked storage. The kitchen needs turning into a proper kitchen with the other half of that room with sofas or a big table etc so people can meet. That's what Hostelling is all about!

A bit hard to find because it's in an apartment building with no clear signs of a hostel - just the name on the buzzer. No one was coming when we first buzzed but once in, hostel was great. Gender specific washrooms, good air conditioning. Small hostel! Ana was great, very helpful.

This is a good hostel located centrally. Staff were very friendly and helpful, but this could do with some improvements. For example, there was no hostel sign outside and it was hard to find it when first arrived, internet connection was not great and shower leakage which resulted in water allover the bathroom... :) Simple changes can make big difference.

Really lovely lady running the hostel, let us keep our bags there for ages before and after we had to check out, laid back atmosphere, everyone else staying in the hostel were also really nice. Good facilities, everything was clean, and had air con too! Close location just a short walk up the hill from the Main Town Port, the beaches and the Old Town.

Ana is super nice and the hostel has a lovely and honely atmosphere, calm and relaxed. It feels more like a friend's apartment than a hostel. Nice people around too!

• 19th Jul 2013

Had to wait 40 minutes for owner to arrive as its an apartment converted into dorms so no reception. It's beautifully done and loads of space. However, owner failed to produce a key to our room door although promised to get copies over 2 days were there so felt our belongings could have been safer. Also asked for wifi pw 5 times and got it 36 hrs later.

Apartment just for girls. We stayed there one night and it was a pleasure. The apartment was clean, and so cute. I really enjoyed the night there, I recomend this place!

The hostel dorms are very clean and comfortable. One shower is probably the best shower I have ever seen in a hostel. The host Ana is very friendly and helpful. The only downsides are that the kettle and hot water in the kitchen were not working and there are very few cooking utensils/plates etc.

An amazing place! The best hostel I've ever stayed in and I stay in a lot of them :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3