Sweet & Cheap Reviews

Kneza Vis�eslava 14, Split, Croatia

Almost perfect,Anne is very kind and helpful,room is clean and cozy,if the wifi signal can improve,it would be excellent!

Just the wifi is not stable, everything else is good

Owner is extremely friendly and helpful. Great little place to stay only a shirt walk to the waterfront.

• 11th Oct 2014

The hostel was relatively easy to find; the flat itself was amazing, with a wonderful wooden floor, high ceilings and very spacious rooms. However, the apartment door didn't lock properly and it was super easy to open the door by pushing against it. This is why we felt a little concerned about our stuff and I think it would be best if the door could be fixed. Nevertheless, we had a great stay at Sweet&Cheap. Ana, the owner, was very nice and helpful. Great value for money!

It was a great place and we were definitely made to feel at home. Ana (the host) went out of her way for us. She was attentive and always available. I can't fault it but for lone travellers it was quite quiet but that's more so to do with the fellow guests. We were able to use the washing machine which was first class. There are two separate showers which were consistently kept clean, as well as two toilets. The rooms were spacious with AC. It's a five minute walk from the station.

• 29th Sep 2014

Excellent place to stay - really easy to find and Ana the host is really lovely and helpful with any information that you might need and the check in. I was only there for one night and had to leave early in the morning but the check out was easy and straightforward. Facitilites were very clean - bathrooms were great and the room was huge and spacious. I would definitely recommend Sweet & Cheap to anyone looking for a relaxed place to stay while exploring what Split has to offer.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Very friendly and helpful host (Ana). Clean rooms and bathroom with towel and facilities to cook provided. Only shared with another person. Even though it was close to the center, the area did not look so good (it was my impression). The main door to the apartment was not so easy to lock, but individual key to the room is provided.

The location is good

Sweet and cheap, as the name sounds, was an excellent place to stay in. Although on day 1 it was a little difficult to find at first, it is in close proximity to the Riva. The hostel is actually in an apartment and has been converted to a hostel. The bathrooms are modern and furnished, rooms come with air conditioning and are spacious. Bathrooms reminded me of apartment bathrooms. Kitchens are clean. Overall Ivana was a wonderful host. Must recommend this hostel.

Lovely staff, a quiet and clean hostel -- I would definitely come back!

I only stayed at this hostel for two nights, but the owner and her mother were both incredibly friendly and helpful. I really liked the atmosphere and the people I met when I stayed. The bathrooms are SO nice and clean, and the hostel is close to the center. I would definitely stay again.

Really well located. The place is nice and clean. The owner is really helpful, nice and make us feel like home :)

• 29th Aug 2014

I never leave reviews because I am a lazy traveller, but this hostel

• 21st Aug 2014

Anna - Beyond Incredible Shower - Heaven Washing - Great

• 21st Aug 2014

Great staff!!!

• 15th Aug 2014

Ana was so nice and helpful. I was tired after travelling and unsure of what to see and where to go, I had only a short stay in Split before a cruise. Ana gave me a map and suggested where to go and what to do. Sweet and cheap is so close to old city and markets. You can't loose staying there. On both nights I stayed I met other travellers and we went of for dinner and drinks on the harbour and in old city. Split is one place you don't want to stay in and drink with people at hostel.

• 14th Aug 2014

Perfect place to stay in Split. Great location. Ana is the nicest (and most attractive) owner and provided snacks, towels and any help we needed!

Fantastic hostel. The host Ana is lovely and will go out of her way to help you with anything and to feel at home. Great location, really clean, little kitchen with everything you need - one of the best hostels I've stayed in

We had the perfect weekend in Split. Ana was the loveliest host to imagine. Thank you so much!

• 2nd Aug 2014