Swiss Hostal Martinik Reviews

Carrera 4 # 11-88, Barrio La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

clean hostel but lacked social atmosphere when I was there. Also at checkout, girl overcharged me and it took a 15 minute conversation to explain it her why it was wrong because she just kept shouting at me and being extremely rude. Even when it was clear that I had been overcharged , she proceeded to still have a go at me for some reason .. rather than just admitting she had made a small mistake, bizarre! However the english guy working there was really nice and helpful so thank god for him!

Super cold (colder within the hostel than outside) no hot water even though they advertise it and the water pressure is so low you can't really even shower. The beds are creaky and they turn off the lights in the common area early so it was hard to be productive anytime after 9pm. Though the staff meant well, they often gave us incorrect information. The best part of this hostel is the price, but honestly I would pay a few dollars more for a more comfortable place.

A great hostel. stayed in two others in the same neighborhood before, and this was by far my favorite... great atmosphere (not party but very friendly), great staff (every single one I met - friendly & helpful). definitely recommend this one

Nice hostel, super friendly staff! Good facilities, HOT showers, beds are rather small though.

I was supposed to stay two days and ended up staying well 8 days...I´m still there as I am writing this. Wi-Fi is super everywhere, Showers are warm (Tend to go a bit cold for a short time when a lot of people have taken a shower, avoid shower rush hour) Breakfeast is quite nice, cereals and toast, the basic. Beds are comfy, if tall, do take the 6 bedroom, longer beds. Clean also. Lastly the staff is amazing and will go out of their way to make you feel nice! Oh and there´s Bobby(doggy). Cheers

The staff at this hostel were so friendly, welcoming and informative! I really enjoyed staying here!

Friendly staff! The two girls at the reception always went out of their way to help me. Clean rooms, good hot showers and ample space to accommodate a fairly full hostel. Good location too, would stay again.

Great staff and location, very good people.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Venezuela
  • Couple, 41+

Everything was excellent!

Very nice hostel, we'll located nice personel and breakfast and coffee at all time are a plus.

Average hostel, have others around that are better. The owner is pretty nice. The showers are horrible.

Me and my brother stayed here for one night all in all the hostel was good value for money and close to all the pubs and clubs. It's not the cleanest hostel or did it have the best atmosphere but the staff were friendly and we always got hot water for showers.

• 4th Sep 2014

Nice and helpful staff with a friendly atmosphere. Only had one night but would stay another if needed thanks.

I liked the location but everything else about the place was pretty average. The dorm was right next to the reception and they had a speaker playing music against the door to the room so it was usually noisy. All the sound from the patio/ common area/ reception comes in the room. The beeakfast was really bad, but at least it has a free breakfast which is rare in Colombia.

• 27th Aug 2014

Really good hostal. Really really good.

-safe -quiet (NOT a party hostal. but they have plenty of beer. POKER!) -clean -helpful -HOT SHOWERS -great location The staff are VERY helpful, but also really relaxed and fun. The owner answers any questions or concerns you may have. they have information on everything you will want to do in the area, and they help you figure out how to do it. Cindy, Paula, and Ana(?) were the 3 receptionists I interacted with most, and they were stellar. also, the dog is great. i cant say enough!!!

• 15th Aug 2014

There is hot shower, and breakfast. Overall it isn't very bad with a very good price.

Very friendly and helpful staff, great location right in the city center, very comfortable beds (in the 4 bedroom dorm). A bit noisy as sound travels throughout the hostel if you are upstairs in the back, but tending to get quiet around 11am or so; nothing serious. I imagine that the dorms closer to the street and main lobby get pretty noisy though. Breakfast was decent - coffee with milk, toast, juice, and cereal. Would recommend based on location, comfort, price, and staff.

I rented a private room. I had room 12, located right between laundry/showers and kitchen areas, which made it too noisy. Even though there's a rule for silence as from 11pm/12 am, if people are hanging out in any other part of the hostel, I could hear it. Also, punctually, every day at around 7 am I was woken up by someone handling dishes in the kitchen. I would have liked some consideration there. Plastic in mattress was annoying, pillow was a rock Plus side: atmosphere with guests and staff.

Nice little Hostal, just be aware of the annoying german receptionist and her annoying dog.

• 31st Jul 2014