Swiss Hostal Martinik Reviews

Carrera 4 # 11-88, Barrio La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

This place was okay.

The common are provided a great place to meet people, the staff were terrific and the location great. However it's very old, dirty and in need of renovations. The bed linen & pillows were at least 20 years old and well used. There was only 1 male toilet on the first floor which is inadequate.

bathrooms and showers are great. location awesome. staff was confused on my bed assignment. Sophie and her dog can be bobby can be bother an average traveller. But she was the most dedicated and prepared of the staff.

Great hostel with wonderful staff and a lovely atmosphere!

Worst hostel I stayed at during my 2 month trip through Latin America. Internet non-existent. As friendly and well intentioned as the staff were, they seemed ill equipped and unprofessional running the hostel, especially when dealing with an intoxicated client. Didn't have enough lockers for our stuff when we checked in so we didn't feel safe leaving our stuff there when we went out. I don't ask for luxury when I stay at hostels, but the plastic bedding was sort of strange. Anywhere but here!!

night staff very helpful, mornight staff was busy hitting on a female guess than helping. staff should priorities for guess needs instead of personal ones.

The hostel gets very very cold. The private rooms are limited to the minimum, with no outside window and a lot of noise and lack of privacy for being in front of the washing machines. There is no mirror at all in the bathrooms. It's very hard to get hot water if there is more than one person taking a shower. The staff doesn't smile and looks bored.

• 19th Jun 2014

Great location, very nice tv-room with fireplace and really nice staff. The breakfeast was better than usual. The Internet sucked though and the cables to the computers were plugged in where people stumbled on them so the power was cut off. Other than that, very nice hostel with a cute little hosteldog.

nice place, very quiet and in a good location, staff are very nice and helpful, they have a lovely dog as well. on the down side - no vibe what so ever, no smoking lounge or balcony for the smokers, privets are REALLY small, showers have hot water only when using a very low pressure. so it all comes down to what are you looking for

Good, quiet hostel at a very good position close to transmilenio bus station. The only bad thing were the bed and the matresses.

Location and security are good! Also I really likes the musli they have for breakfast ;) I just found the atmosphere not as nice as I had experiences in other hostels, don't know why. Also I didn't like the showers too much. Overall it really is a okay hostel, just not my favorite...

Great place to stay and I enjoyed it a lot. Safe and wonderful seems a little understaffed but they are working on it so I expect it to be better when I definitely return

• 26th May 2014

Perfect hostel, cheap, friendly and safe in a great location.

• 23rd May 2014

Nice hostel, front dorms slightly noisy due to traffic but nothing horrendous, beds really comfy. Only concern would be virus status of communal computers.

Security was very good they had cameras and buzzed people in and out but.......a girl got her camera stolen while I was there. They place was really spacious and it was very clean and had a free breakfast that they didnt say any thing about PLUS ! over all the staff was nice and seemed a little cranky in the morning but over all very helpful and on top of things. I will say the atmosphere, was strange I guess me and my freind were both from the states, but over all 3 stars!

• 14th May 2014

Great location and the best dorms we ever slept!!!

Nice new run hostel. Owner is fab and willing to do good things here. Go there, a really good value for money option in Bogota. Good luck with everything!

It is a great hostel, with a friendly staff, available to help in anything one can need.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Peru

Lovely and helpful staff. If I go back to Bogotá, I will definitely stay there again.

i will deffently be back!. the location is very close to the main plaza and to a lot of restorants. the kichen is good and big, the showers have hot water all the time and the staff is just amazing! the only problem is that if you stay in the 10 bed dorm the windows are to the street and it is very noisy. other then that i loved it there.