Swiss Hostal Martinik Reviews

Carrera 4 # 11-88, Barrio La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

If all that matters to you as a traveler is hot showers and fast wifi- this is the place for you. Other than that it wasn't a favorite. The day that we stayed the staff argued non-stop. Also, not the most ideal environment for smokers as they have no patio but you can stand on the sidewalk on the busy street.

very nice staff, clean place and my room was nice and cosy, would definitely recommend the place.

Such uncomfy beds!

Great place, fantastic guys, super clean. Too bad WiFi went out for a couple days, it'd have been 100 percent! Highly recommended!

Swiss Hostel Martinik is in a great location in the Poblado district where there are lots of bars, restaurants and coffee shops. While our room was up three flights of stairs, it was clean and spacious. They served a nice breakfast of coffee, egg and toast. My only negative for this hostal is that they have next to no common areas for relaxing and what they do have is very small. Even so we would recommend this hostal.

Overall the location was perfect to visit the center, good value for money and breakfast included. Noisy in the night.

Excellent location

The hostel is in the candelaria area - central for sightseeing. Staff were great helpful and accommodating. Facilties particulrly wash areas are basic but sufficient. It is very much worth the cost, I had a single room. Good atmosphere and people.

• 27th Sep 2015

The mattresses and the pillows were really bad: hard and plastic. It was inpossible to have a good night ons such bad beds. Don't go to this hostel if you want to sleep...

Overall, the hostel is okay. I have stayed at better and have stayed at worse. Overall, I was indifferent. Try to avoid a private in tje back as that is were the laundry for the facility and guest is done. Rooms up front, dorms next to the reception area can be quite loud later in the evening. The buzzer is very loud, so keep that in mind for the privates up front. There is only one restoom with a mirror and electrical outlet on the second floor. Daniel was helpful.

Excellent lobby rooms with lists/flyers of things to do and see. Great, helpful staff. Loud when people are talking downstairs in the kitchen: the sounds travels especially to the private room right above. Avoid that if you need a quiet space; get the queen room with private bathroom, which might be quieter. Worthless breakfast. Kitchen OK but not great, and the smells travel up. Finally, the TOILET PAPER REPORT: Some of the cheapest, non-perforated industrial 2-ply you can get. 3/10 here

I liked it.

The location of the hostel is excellent, the staff is helpful and friendly and I enjoyed my stay there. The drawbacks: the rooms next to the entrance are really noisy, so make sure you take some earplugs with you, one of them is also really dark. The pillows are uncomfortable, they are a sort of plastic bag. The other rooms however are not so bad and since I can sleep like a rock I didn't have problems sleeping in any of them.

Staff and other guests were all friendly. Very much a chilled out hostel so wasnt really wild parties or anything. Place was secure with 24 hour door security. I think as has been mentioned, the let down is the beds. Not comfortable and also the dorm I was in is right by the road in Candeleria so from about 5 o clock in the morning there are buses thundering by.

Decent basic hostel with standard amenities. To be honest, I didn't feel safe in the surrounding area at all, especially in the evening when beggars are very aggressive and bothersome (one tried to grab my friend by the neck demanding for money). If I was not with a group of 3 friends I would not have gone out the front door at night- and I'm a tall, strong guy. Other than the area, it's an okay place, but nothing spectacular.

Got there very late and left very early so not much to comment about although the staff was very nice and welcoming.

A bit loud if you have a room facing the street. Otherwise a great and quiet hostel to stay. Very good location. Very VERY clean. Cool staff.

Great location, cleaner does a great job, kitchen and showers are good Cons: get rid of the pillows they are shocking, and dont try to charge people the full amount after we pay a deposit to hostel world, cold hostel and not much atmosphere but good for chilling.

Rock hard beds incl. pillow. Freezing cold rooms and hostel overall. Noisy road with no sound proofing. Don't expect a decent sleep here. Breakfast - you might as well have not bothered, bread with cheap cornflakes. Staff spoke little English and cared little about helping you make the most of the city. Other visitors were miserable too, atmosphere was horrendous. So depressing and cold. Don't stay here unless you're absolutely desperate. I imagine this place was good in it's hey day.

This is a good hostel if you aren't looking for a "party" hostel. The staff are friendly and helpful and the hostel has many of the tourist activities listed on their noticeboards. Free internet is good for planning your nights out.