Swiss Hostal Martinik Reviews

Carrera 4 # 11-88, Barrio La Candelaria, Bogota, Colombia

-safe -quiet (NOT a party hostal. but they have plenty of beer. POKER!) -clean -helpful -HOT SHOWERS -great location The staff are VERY helpful, but also really relaxed and fun. The owner answers any questions or concerns you may have. they have information on everything you will want to do in the area, and they help you figure out how to do it. Cindy, Paula, and Ana(?) were the 3 receptionists I interacted with most, and they were stellar. also, the dog is great. i cant say enough!!!

• 15th Aug 2014

I rented a private room. I had room 12, located right between laundry/showers and kitchen areas, which made it too noisy. Even though there's a rule for silence as from 11pm/12 am, if people are hanging out in any other part of the hostel, I could hear it. Also, punctually, every day at around 7 am I was woken up by someone handling dishes in the kitchen. I would have liked some consideration there. Plastic in mattress was annoying, pillow was a rock Plus side: atmosphere with guests and staff.

Nice little Hostal, just be aware of the annoying german receptionist and her annoying dog.

• 31st Jul 2014

Great place to stay! Wonderful kitchen facilities, nice rooms and friendly, helpful staff. Very closely located to some of Bogota's best and oldest sites!

• 25th Jul 2014

Location is great. Everything is at walking distance (except of course what is not in the downtown like Usaquen, Zona T and parque de la 93). There are some holes in the ceiling so it gets pretty cold at night.

Very comfy beds and great showers! Really good location in terms of museums and bike tours, etc. Sophy is a great host. The dorms need to be silence after 11pm. I was woken up every night by people being really loud (this included people talking to a girl behind the desk at 4am!) Nice hostel, just bring an eye mask and earplugs!

I liked very much. It is near of the historical places. The internet is excellent. And I like the staff!! I totally recommend it!!

This place was okay.

The common are provided a great place to meet people, the staff were terrific and the location great. However it's very old, dirty and in need of renovations. The bed linen & pillows were at least 20 years old and well used. There was only 1 male toilet on the first floor which is inadequate.

bathrooms and showers are great. location awesome. staff was confused on my bed assignment. Sophie and her dog can be bobby can be bother an average traveller. But she was the most dedicated and prepared of the staff.

Great hostel with wonderful staff and a lovely atmosphere!

Worst hostel I stayed at during my 2 month trip through Latin America. Internet non-existent. As friendly and well intentioned as the staff were, they seemed ill equipped and unprofessional running the hostel, especially when dealing with an intoxicated client. Didn't have enough lockers for our stuff when we checked in so we didn't feel safe leaving our stuff there when we went out. I don't ask for luxury when I stay at hostels, but the plastic bedding was sort of strange. Anywhere but here!!

night staff very helpful, mornight staff was busy hitting on a female guess than helping. staff should priorities for guess needs instead of personal ones.

The hostel gets very very cold. The private rooms are limited to the minimum, with no outside window and a lot of noise and lack of privacy for being in front of the washing machines. There is no mirror at all in the bathrooms. It's very hard to get hot water if there is more than one person taking a shower. The staff doesn't smile and looks bored.

Great location, very nice tv-room with fireplace and really nice staff. The breakfeast was better than usual. The Internet sucked though and the cables to the computers were plugged in where people stumbled on them so the power was cut off. Other than that, very nice hostel with a cute little hosteldog.

nice place, very quiet and in a good location, staff are very nice and helpful, they have a lovely dog as well. on the down side - no vibe what so ever, no smoking lounge or balcony for the smokers, privets are REALLY small, showers have hot water only when using a very low pressure. so it all comes down to what are you looking for

Good, quiet hostel at a very good position close to transmilenio bus station. The only bad thing were the bed and the matresses.

Location and security are good! Also I really likes the musli they have for breakfast ;) I just found the atmosphere not as nice as I had experiences in other hostels, don't know why. Also I didn't like the showers too much. Overall it really is a okay hostel, just not my favorite...

Great place to stay and I enjoyed it a lot. Safe and wonderful seems a little understaffed but they are working on it so I expect it to be better when I definitely return

• 26th May 2014

Perfect hostel, cheap, friendly and safe in a great location.

• 23rd May 2014