Sydney Backpackers Reviews

Victoria House, 7 Wilmot Street, NSW 2000, Sydney, Australia

Wifi 2/10

Cleaner than many of the other hostels in Sydney.

The pillow was plastic. Room that I was in was only older men that were staying long term. I felt very welcomed.

It was ok. Perfectly clean, but nothing fancy. The beds and pillows were very hard with the terrible plastic coverings people insist on using. Nothing of note to talk about.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Very good location in the city, and cheap enough for what you get. Nice big spacious rooms. I worked as a labourer so was up every day at 5.30 and never once had a terrible nights sleep as I think a lot of people use this a as 'working' hostel. I stayed her for 2 weeks. Kitchens small but only busy at peak time 6-8. Relatively social on the weekends, but there always seems to be people who go out every night. Staff helpful enough.

Cheap. Kitchen Is far too small for the amount of people the hostel can accommodate for. Otherwise not bad for what you pay or.

• 21st Feb 2015

The first night I was in hotel, the spring mattress was sagging. It was really uncomfortable for my back. I could not sleep well that night. The hostel should change these mattresses.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • Vietnam

The whole place has a very dark, claustrophobic feeling. The bathrooms and showers smelled so bad- no windows so there was no ventilation. The location is good overall but is definitely located on a shady, random side street, so I would be careful at night. The beds are basically tabletops- SO hard. I would not go back to this hostel. There are plenty around the area where you can get A LOT better for the same price, if not less. The beds are not made for you, and you have to pay for a towel.

• 8th Feb 2015

The rooms was ok: very spacious, useful lockers, fridge and television (we didn't use it) but it was realy cold! I complained about the air con and the staff wasn't very helpful at the beginning, but after that they checked the air con system and realized there was a problem that was fixed. And they gave me an extra blancket for free. The hostel vibe is completely missing, and that's a pity because the position is really really good, very central and near to lots of facilities!

• 30th Jan 2015