5.6
Rating 302 Total Reviews
5.6
Rating 302 Total Reviews
Sydney Backpackers Located at Victoria House, 7 Wilmot Street, NSW 2000, Sydney.
Australia
Sydney New South Wales 2000 Victoria House, 7 Wilmot Street, NSW 2000
56% 302
-33.8753327 151.2072157
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 41+
4th Mar 2016
2.0

The hostel was closed down.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
20th Feb 2016

Perfect location. Showers and toilets need a clean. Friendly staff and I needed a towel which was only $2!

• South Africa, Male, 18-24
17th Feb 2016
2.6

I have been in staying in hostels for 2 months now and this is by far the worst hostel I've stayed in. My room stank of urine, I had permenant people staying in my room so they had all their stuff in the room I could hardly see the floor. The toilet stank of urine and was filthy! The kitchen is so small it's not nearly enough for the entire hostel. My GoPro was stolen out of my locker! No staff members were at the hostel to help me from 11pm till 7am! Pathetic! Never stay here it's disgusting!!!

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
10th Feb 2016
5.4

Everything smelled like urine. Had two old and absolutely crazy ladies in my room, that would whisper about throwing you out windows when you silently got to bed in the evening. Staff were good but didn't really see any of them except when checking in. Location where PERFECT though, and for the price that was good. However, only stay here if you have no sense of smell and have the money to eat out (I took one look at the kitchen and never stepped foot in there again).

• Denmark, Male, 18-24
29th Jan 2016
3.4

Worst beds ever! Not clean at all!

• England, Female, 31-40
6th Jan 2016
6.0

Not the best hostel but I was in a 16 bed dorm! No space at all, they had even crammed an extra bed in front of the bathroom door so you could barely open the door! The kitchen was horrible and dirty and the communal space was tiny so there was never any room to go and chill somewhere that wasn't in our rather smelly room! However, it is right in the centre of Sydney and cheap! Can't say I would stay here again!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th Nov 2015
3.4

Disgusting disgusting, we were supposed to stay there 3 nights and we haven't stayed 2 hours. I don't understand how hostels can be as gross. I travelled all around the world and Australia has the most filthy hostels. We had to book a hotel instead.

• FloGer
  • Germany, Male, 25-30
7th Nov 2015
5.1

Almost every room was tiny and to full auf stuff. Kitchen worked for may be 5-10 persons but not for all of the hostel. No space in the frigid. U had big lockers in your room. Air conditioner cooled down our room down to 14 degrees, freezing.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
23rd Oct 2015
8.0

Love the location. Good value and comfortable. Will stay here next time.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
3rd Oct 2015
5.1

The atmosphere in the hostel was very poor and not suitable for younger, social groups. It wasn't a friendly or approachable environment, particularly in the larger rooms which from previous experiences is usually a very social environment due to the amount of long term residents. The staff were not very approachable, unhelpful, were quick to get us in and out and ignored us walking in and out of the hostel. My group left the hostel a night early and stayed somewhere else due to the experience.