Sydney Backpackers Reviews

Victoria House, 7 Wilmot Street, NSW 2000, Sydney, Australia

The private twin room was quite small for the price and two bunks not two beds as described. But this Sydney and one of the worlds most costly cities, even for backpackers room

Mattresses were rock solid, bathrooms need ripping out and replacing. Able to leave luggage but not in a locked room which isn't ideal, bags were fine but still would prefer more security.

I (and others) had no access key to our dorm. The room was generally left open however with a wastebin in the door. Security = 0. Despite having established my bed via setting it, it was occupied by some random when I got in later that morning. Lack of tidying up was to blame apparently as the fella thought it was the only unoccupied bed due to being the only bunk that lacked a person or untidy, used sheets. Policy wasn't explained to me either, so I can hardly blame. Overall terrible.

• 8th Aug 2015

Wifi 2/10

Cleaner than many of the other hostels in Sydney.

The pillow was plastic. Room that I was in was only older men that were staying long term. I felt very welcomed.