Sydney Backpackers Reviews

Victoria House, 7 Wilmot Street, NSW 2000, Sydney, Australia

Just don't stay at this hostel. Yes it's cheap but the lack of atmosphere, friendly staff or visitors make the whole thing pointless. There is also a building site next door who start at 8am everyday of the week. It was dirty, didn't see one cleaner my entire stay (5days) and the common space is shocking. Just do yourself a favour, book somewhere else.

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Wales

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hostel and the amenities provided. My 6 bed female dorm had a television and a refrigerator, which was something I had not seen before in a hostel. The bathrooms were in general quite clean but they did not have any soap for hand washing. The staff were OK but seemed generally uninterested. Location was perfect ~ 20mins walk to pretty much all of the "essential" sights of Sydney and the area felt very safe. Cheaper than other options. I recommend!

• 28th Nov 2014

Hostel was in a great location and very close to everything you need in Sydney. Only downside is the cleanliness off the hostel.. A number of the showers and toilets were pretty disgusting!

• 7th Nov 2014

Nice hostel, great location. The girl behind reception was very pleasant. Nice to have a fridge in the bedroom. Not the biggest kitchen but was quiet when I went to use it.

Hostel was ok but staff really unfriendly. We had to wait untill 2pm to do the check in and when we got into the 10pp room, our beds were not ready and clean (so why we waited so long? even letting the staff know that we were really very tired!). Little kitchen but enough to cook sth, no breakfast and wifi was ok. Better options for that same money. Good location

I liked the service and I liked that the room had a fridge. The hostel was close to the train station and located in the middle of the city. I didn't like how unclean the toilets were but it was very secure, so I found the whole experience very enjoyable overall.

• 12th Sep 2014

The dorms and provided linens were clean. The toilets were average-sometimes out of toilet paper and the floors were often very wet. The showers were clean. The kitchen was kind of gross-wasn't cleaned (ie garbage changed etc often enough); only one of the two stoves worked. Best aspects were it's closeness to the City Hall train station

• 18th Jun 2014