Sydney Central Backpackers Reviews

16 Orwell St. Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

small and cozy common area

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

I chose this hostel because many reviews said people stayed here for months and were comfortable. But I was definitely not comfortable. I was in a 4 person room with very little space to put my stuff since three others were living there. No lockers. Just very cramped in general, the kitchen too. I did not want to cook there. The wifi only works in the kitchen. The staff was not really friendly. So: pick another hostel, there are so many really nice ones just around the corner!

Best backpack ever the rooftop wiew its amazing like the free breakfast and the atmosphere.

wifi is only in the ground floor.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • China

Better than many hostels in kings cross, 26 $ per night including free wifi and free breakfast. Worth the money!

I had a great stay here! reception is open 24/7 and breakfast is included which are both HUGE for me. The staff is friendly and engaging. hostel is located right in the action of Kings Cross. always a few cleaners going around making sure the bathrooms and rooms aren't going to hell. there is a rooftop area for people to hangout and bbq. the only issue I had was the size of the kitchen. during prime dinner time it gets cramped. not my first hostel in Sydney, but so far my favorite!

Sydney Central is the best. Stayed there 3 weeks. They got free events every night and the staff is so kind and helpful!

This hostel was not a youth hostel as expected. The showers were consistently dirty with mould in the ceiling tile and touchy water temperatures. The stairwells are very narrow, thus navigating up to a different floor proved difficult with more than one bag. The staff were fair, though a bit rude at times.

Hello A. We are sorry your stay was uncomfortable and unsatisfactory. The weekend you stayed with us was one of the busiest we have had this year. Availability of rooms is sometimes unfortunate. We do apologize if this caused you inconvenience. We appreciate your review and we are taking it on board. We would be happy to offer you a free nights stay in the future. Kind regards Danny, Yvonne and Stella