Sydney Central Backpackers Reviews

16 Orwell St. Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, I was in a 4 bed dorm, but there was only me and 1 other person in there the whole time. The hostel was very clean throughout. Wifi was hit and miss. Constantly disconnected you! Free breakfast was a bonus, location was great. Really close to the train station.

I liked the place. Nice location. Friendly people. It is clean. And the rooms are very nice. You also have wifi free, and Te train station 3 minutes walk.

Loved the stay. Loved the staff. I just wished they had a bigger common area but I am pretty sure it's impossible given the central location in Sydney. 5 stars anyway!

Thank you for your review. We wish we had more room too! Plans are in motion to remodel the ground floor which will result in a better layout for guests.

Sydney Central Backpackers was definitely one of the nicest place i have stayed during my Australian tour. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends. :)

Fridge in the roomroom. Location in Orwell St.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

About what I would expect from a hostel.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Manager who owns hostel is lovely, I booked a weeks long stay here and hostel world didn't give me a discount unbeknown to me I didn't realise this was an offer. On arrival at the hostel the manager made me aware and upgraded me to a deluxe dorm.

Very very average hostel, but our expectations weren't so high as it is Kings Cross. The reception staff couldn't be less interested and were frankly, a little creepy. They forgot to give us blankets or towels or anything. Rooms looked very dirty and toilets were disgusting (but honestly, it's probably due to the drunks who were also staying there). Overall a very average experience, however we only needed a place to crash for a night and it sufficed.

The internet was not working most of the time, my room was with a be smell in the last night! Most of the people there were looking for job, so this makes the atmosphere not so good. The good points were the staff and the free breakfast. However, it is very expensive for the price!

Hostel was quiet good, but the kitchen is too little and not very clean as the bathrooms.

• 4th Nov 2015

Terrible. For 35 a night no way! It's insanely cramped and dirty. Probably one of the only hostels with a cockroach infestation I've seen in oz. Staff are rude and zombie like. No atmosphere. Filthy kitchen. Yes there's a fridge in room but you can actually turn it on if everyone's bags are about. Checked out and went to base

The guest extended her stay a few days before she left. We have a policy of not tolerating antisocial and drunken behavior.

Excellent location. Decent value for money considering Sydney is expensive overall. cleanliness could have been better. It also seems like a party central for the neighborhood, the front door was always propped open after hours, so random people were always coming and going. quite loud.

The staff was so unorganized and not on the same page. I paid for two nights... And they said I only paid for one.. It was a huge a Hassle! Luckily I had my confirmation number and receipt! Then the rooms were very gross and dirty! Smelt! The bathrooms were disgusting! Pee all over and smelt as well! The hostel was also very loud. Which is fine if your into that but it was constant party spot! The kitchen was gross and not cleaned up. Seems like the staff just doesn't care! Disappointing!

2 computers were out of order for long at the lobby but nobody can help for repairing, the internet service is not good. The kitchen is not tidy, the guests should be reminded to clean their bowls and forks on their own not accumulated in the basin all the time. Thanks!

Ok. So if you don't like noise and people drinking, don't come here. ;) I liked the atmosphere, they have two terraces that are great when it's sunny. Laundry is 5 dollars even, including washing powder (thumbs up). Kitchen was a bit cramped but all good

Nice place located in Kings Cross near just about all the other hostels. Nice room size and clean, saw the cleaning staff cleaning the bathrooms and common area frequently. Easy walking distance to the city center and the opera house. A slight bummer that most of the people there were on working visas so they were long term, however they were all super friendly. Would have enjoyed more of a "passing through" atmosphere as that is what I was doing.

for the room key, we need to spend a lot of time to use the keep to open the door, as the key did not founction well. for the cleaness of the room, no cleaning every day, just changing the rubbish bag only, so the floor and the shelter are very dirty. for the kitchen, it is so small and dirty, when there are some people cook in the same time, it will be very crowed. if.you bring bulky luggage, you need to use the stair only...

• 9th Aug 2015